Free shipping showing when shouldn't be 1.5.0.17

Thank you. I'm not tech savey :(

Where exacxtly do I find shopping-cart.tpl please?

It is not in the back office configuration

Yo have to use ftp to download the file, edit it, then upload again

It is not in the back office configuration

Yo have to use ftp to download the file, edit it, then upload again

Thank you soooo much :) Sorry I took so long to say thanks but I have to grab the hrs at work when I get them so it's been a looooong few days.

@ramfeirda confirms the problem is in 1.5.2. Also @ramfeirda is right - this is a config problem - it might be called an insidious one.

The cart is trying to use the default shipping method for the shop. Therefore this problem happens when the default shipping method for the shop is out of range for the user. The cart falls back to the lowest-cost method of shipping for that user. Reminder: users are always part of groups. The cart wants to display the cheapest method of shipping. If any user group has free shipping - voila - the user sees free shipping in their cart.

Thus, to trigger the problem all you need is the default shipping method for the store to be out of range for the user's current order (reminder: users are always in a user-group); and have a user group with free shipping applied. We're not merging 1.5.2 code right now. We're staying on a frozen codebase for the time-being and will selectively merge updates from a stable branch.

As for zones I'm not sure exactly how that plays in - we have one zone (USA), with no free shipping applied to any user group; and no free shipping applied to any zone.

The SQL patch above is for 1.5.0.17. Since the problem is confirmed on 1.5.2 the patch is still valid, though line numbers probably changed.

This is how I fixed it on our shop:

- Made sure the default shipping method for the shop will be in-range for most or all of the orders we expect on the shop.

- Make sure no user groups have free shipping applied. This is in the group's (edit) settings.

- Make sure all shipping methods have price ranges applied to them.

- Like @ramfeirda says - the patch is optional. I'll defend the patch though -- that join should be there and it's an improvement to the production code. The original query should not only be pulling all records from product_shop filtered only on shop_id, the join should also be filtered on product_id.

Thanks for the insight into the bug TWFree and thanks to Lachlans translation alteration suggestion. I disabled the AJAX cart (modules > cart block > disable ajax cart)

This at least stops the dropdown cart summary with the shipping details.

The shipping details appear in Step 1 of the checkout. I changed the translation of "Free Shipping!" to "Shipping added in Step 4". so it's reasonably clear to a customer when they can expect to see shipping.

Still, let's hope that Presta developers can fix this. It should be possible with the Geolocation feature to know where someone is browsing from.

Ok so I was still using one of the carriers that came preloaded with the script. Deleted that and created a new one and it seemed to have solved my problems. It now shows my actual shipping charge in the cart box and order page.

Create another carrier and delete the default initial carrier that came with the shop.

Once you've set all the parameters (settings) for the carrier you just created, it works as it should.

Edited by Goldmaverick (see edit history)

Create another carrier and delete the default initial carrier that came with the shop.

Once you've set all the parameters (settings) for the carrier you just created, it works as it should.

No man, I don't think that works. A few of us have tried that. The problem is with the default carrier being outside the customers zone. For example, my default zone is Europe but I also sell to the States. If someone accesses from the states and ads something to the cart without creating an account, they will see 'Free Shipping' - which is wrong. Only after creating an account (thereby registering their country) that the shipping is correctly calculated.

This is as good as I can explain the problem and I'm pretty sure that this is the problem of the original poster and others on this forum.

There are modules that identify the customers country without sign in. I decided to use a Presto-Changeo shipping module that has a shipping rates button on the cart and product page. If you don't like the free shipping text as default, just change the text to "sign in" or "add item" or something as explained early on in this thread.

Once I learned to set up my carriers and zones I haven't had any more issues. I found that I like my country in it's own zone. So, in my case I created a new zone for the US and changed all the states to that zone.

What messed up my cart where the free shipping never went away was the free USPS module. That sucker created duplicate carriers. I would not call it plug and play. I moved on quickly to a bug free paid module which I needed anyway for international use.

Edited by Sages Outdoors (see edit history)

There are modules that identify the customers country without sign in. I decided to use a Presto-Changeo shipping module that has a shipping rates button on the cart and product page. If you don't like the free shipping text as default, just change the text to "sign in" or add item or something as explained early on in this thread.

Yeah, I know that and have done. So that module solves this problem for you? Interesting that it hadn't been mentioned in the topic before. It's surprising that prestashop doesn't do this automatically. It does have geolocation built in. As far as I'm aware it knows from where my customers are logging on from pre-signin because they are being displayed the relevant currency...so why can't it display the correct shipping.

I'll use the translation for now but if this gets fixed in a later version it would be nice if people would post the fix here in the forum.

Well, the cart will always default to "free shipping" till the customer puts a zip, a country in or signs in with address. I think Prestashop would have been better off using "Sign in" or "Log In" or something as a default in the cart.

I need to change mine, haven't decided what to put yet. I have my shipping explained clearly through the site so, people know its calculated by weight. I do know i don't want customers thinking the shipping if free and get shocked when they sign up.

I do have the "Shipping Rates" buttons in view, but not all customers will take the hint and use them. I rather not have the cart default to "free shipping" at any time. Why not just use 0.00 or sign in? I can see how in some areas the government would call that false advertising, it's always best to make the site accessible for the most dumb of the dumb. :)

• Like 1

Yeah you're right but I'm not going to rely on anybody reading anything. I want it easy and clear. I've disabled the drop down of the cart (where the shipping is disabled) and put 'Shipping Calculated in Step 4' instead of 'Free Shipping!'

It will do for now.

• 2 weeks later...

I am using 1.5.3.1 and free shipping is showing for everything but USPS Library Rate. I have been able to disable other shipping methods for now, but need this fixed with a module I can upload, not a patch that I don't understand how to apply. I have tried changing settings,but nothing seems to work. The only thing i have not tried is the patch in this thread.

Edited by brucedevries (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Well, the cart will always default to "free shipping" till the customer puts a zip, a country in or signs in with address. I think Prestashop would have been better off using "Sign in" or "Log In" or something as a default in the cart.

I need to change mine, haven't decided what to put yet. I have my shipping explained clearly through the site so, people know its calculated by weight. I do know i don't want customers thinking the shipping if free and get shocked when they sign up.

I do have the "Shipping Rates" buttons in view, but not all customers will take the hint and use them. I rather not have the cart default to "free shipping" at any time. Why not just use 0.00 or sign in? I can see how in some areas the government would call that false advertising, it's always best to make the site accessible for the most dumb of the dumb. :)

I also get the "Free Shipping!" label even though I don't have any free shipping.

I tested with a test user (signed in), I reach step#4 for Shipping and still shows "Free!" and finally in step #5 for Payment as well it reflects "Free Shipping!".

Other than the Free Shipping issue, If the customer is not signed in, all they see is "No carrier is available for this selection". This is a major problem as it turns customer away.

I'm on PS 1.5.3.1 with module U.S.P.S. Rate Calulator 1.2.4

Any help please thank you.

I also get the "Free Shipping!" label even though I don't have any free shipping.

I tested with a test user (signed in), I reach step#4 for Shipping and still shows "Free!" and finally in step #5 for Payment as well it reflects "Free Shipping!".

Other than the Free Shipping issue, If the customer is not signed in, all they see is "No carrier is available for this selection". This is a major problem as it turns customer away.

I'm on PS 1.5.3.1 with module U.S.P.S. Rate Calulator 1.2.4

Any help please thank you.

Hello there, I had the same problem before too but I managed to fix it. You'll need to edit your cart. I'm also using the USPS rate calculater that comes with the module.

Edited by Oddyti5 (see edit history)

public_html/themes/default/shopping-cart.tpl LINE 143, I took out the free shipping and worded it how I wanted to. I have PLEASE LOG IN FOR SHIPPING RATES. I then uninstalled the USPS calculater then reinstalled it and just like that, it was fine. Shows nothing if nothing is in the cart, but if something is added, it says please log in for shipping rates.

public_html/themes/default/shopping-cart.tpl LINE 143, I took out the free shipping and worded it how I wanted to. I have PLEASE LOG IN FOR SHIPPING RATES. I then uninstalled the USPS calculater then reinstalled it and just like that, it was fine. Shows nothing if nothing is in the cart, but if something is added, it says please log in for shipping rates.

Thank you for this.

Now how do I manage for the shipping cost to display correctly?

It always presents Free Shipping! to the customer (after sign in).

Thank you for this.

Now how do I manage for the shipping cost to display correctly?

It always presents Free Shipping! to the customer (after sign in).

Hi, sorry for earlier post, I was on the road using my cell phone and all it would do is let me quote you and nothing else. I'm on a computer now though :)

Like I said in an earlier post, I first uninstalled the USPS module, then REINSTALLED it and configured it. Have you tried configuring the module?

@Oddyti5 Thank you for following up with me.

Yes, I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling.

All my settings on the USPS calculator are setup with my USPS User ID that I obtained from USPS webtools.

My U.S.P.S. Rate Calculator shows configured and online with a green check mark.

Then under the "Categories Settings" for the USPS Calculator module I also tried adding rules but nothing changes, I keep getting Free Shipping.

Edited by dformica (see edit history)

@Oddyti5 Thank you for following up with me.

Yes, I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling.

All my settings on the USPS calculator are setup with my USPS User ID that I obtained from USPS webtools.

My U.S.P.S. Rate Calculator shows configured and online with a green check mark.

Then under the "Categories Settings" for the USPS Calculator module I also tried adding rules but nothing changes, I keep getting Free Shipping.

Give me a sec to go in and see what I did. I'll get back to you in a few mins :)

I don't know what else to try honestly. I even added Handling charges $1 then I disabled Cache and Forced compilation.

Still Free Shipping... testing both with Visitor and Signed in user.

All carriers have a price set under Shipping > Fees by carrier, geographical zone, and ranges.

PS 1.5.3.1 / Default Theme

Edited by dformica (see edit history)

ok, sorry, I'm new too but I was able to figure it out so I have to keep going back to check mine. I sure hope we'll be able to fix yours :) Give me a sec again. :)

Oh, right under the WEIGHT section, did you hightlight the carriers?

Aha! That seems to have fixed it for me... went in and selected all carriers on the product and now it doesn't say free shipping anymore, it's as it should be.

@Oddyti5 Thanks.

I don't have them selected, under the list it reads "If no carrier selected, all carriers could be used to ship this product." If it worked as it says, I should see a list of all my carriers.

And this is related actually to another of my posts which I also need to figure out: No carrier is available for this selection

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/213971-there-are-no-carriers-that-deliver-to-the-address-you-selected/page__p__1100079__hl__default%20carrier%20for%20all%20products__fromsearch__1#entry1100079

Aha! That seems to have fixed it for me... went in and selected all carriers on the product and now it doesn't say free shipping anymore, it's as it should be.

I'm glad itworked for you :) I'm happy I was able to help :)

@Oddyti5 Thanks.

I don't have them selected, under the list it reads "If no carrier selected, all carriers could be used to ship this product." If it worked as it says, I should see a list of all my carriers.

And this is related actually to another of my posts which I also need to figure out: No carrier is available for this selection

http://www.prestasho..._1#entry1100079

You don't see a list of your carriers under the WEIGHT?

I selected all carriers for a product that I'm testing with and I still see "Free Shipping!"

I cleared cache. I added the product as a Visitor, and then logged in. Always showed "Free Shipping!"

I may have spoken too soon, I put it back as it was and it still works now... almost seems like a cache issue now. Also wrestling with an issue where it seems to want to display an image (/img/s/21.jpg) for the carrier logo, even though I have never assigned a logo and it doesn't exist... blimey, this software is hard work... I want to love it but it's difficult!

sorry, I'm still here ut my computer is ating up, give me sometime please

23 First-Class Mail (2-3 days) US $0.00 US $10,000.00 edit.gif delete.gif 24 First-Class Mail (2-3 days) US $0.00 US $10,000.00 edit.gif delete.gif 25 Priority Mail (1-3 days) US $0.00 US $10,000.00 edit.gif delete.gif 26 Priority Mail (1-3 days) US $0.00 US $10,000.00 edit.gif delete.gif 27 Express Mail (1-2 days) US $0.00 US $10,000.00 edit.gif delete.gif 28 Express Mail (1-2 days) US $0.00 US $10,000.00 edit.gif delete.gif 29 Parcel Post (2-9 days) US $0.00 US $10,000.00 edit.gif delete.gif 30 Media Mail (2-9 days) US $0.00 US $10,000.00 edit.gif delete.gif 31 Library Mail (2-9 days) US $0.00 US $10,000.00 edit.gif delete.gif

This is how I set up mine

sorry, I'm still here ut my computer is ating up, give me sometime please

23 First-Class Mail (2-3 days) US $0.00 US $10,000.00 edit.gif delete.gif 24 First-Class Mail (2-3 days) US $0.00 US $10,000.00 edit.gif delete.gif 25 Priority Mail (1-3 days) US $0.00 US $10,000.00 edit.gif delete.gif 26 Priority Mail (1-3 days) US $0.00 US $10,000.00 edit.gif delete.gif 27 Express Mail (1-2 days) US $0.00 US $10,000.00 edit.gif delete.gif 28 Express Mail (1-2 days) US $0.00 US $10,000.00 edit.gif delete.gif 29 Parcel Post (2-9 days) US $0.00 US $10,000.00 edit.gif delete.gif 30 Media Mail (2-9 days) US $0.00 US $10,000.00 edit.gif delete.gif 31 Library Mail (2-9 days) US $0.00 US $10,000.00 edit.gif delete.gif

This is how I set up mine

Looks like I have the same default weight and price ranges for all carriers:

0 LBS 10000 LBS

$0.00 $10,000.00

</tr>

{if $total_shipping_tax_exc <= 0 && !isset($virtualCart)}

<tr class="cart_total_delivery">

<td {if $voucherAllowed}colspan="2"{/if}>{l s='Shipping:'}</td>

<td class="price" id="total_shipping">{l s='Calculated based on shipping address. Please click NEXT and enter address if you are a guest OR log in!'}</td>

</tr>

{else}

{if $use_taxes}

{if $priceDisplay}

</tr>

{if $total_shipping_tax_exc <= 0 && !isset($virtualCart)}

<td {if $voucherAllowed}colspan="2"{/if}>{l s='Shipping:'}</td>

<td class="price" id="total_shipping">{l s='Calculated based on shipping address. Please click NEXT and enter address if you are a guest OR log in!'}</td>

</tr>

{else}

{if $use_taxes}

{if $priceDisplay}

I see how that would take care of the the No Carriers Available message displayed on Step#1 of the shopping cart "Summary".

But after proceeding and entering the address, on step#4 "Shipping" I see the list of active carriers with "Free!" label on each one of them.

How do we solve that?

I think we must be missing something, I doubt we have to hack this module that much to make it work.

Anyone out there please help.

I bought a shipping module and it DID NOT wrok for me so I wasted $85 only to find out that the USPS on works GREAT

63 USPS Parcel Post 3.01 LBS 4 LBS edit.gif delete.gif 64 USPS Parcel Post 4.01 LBS 5 LBS edit.gif delete.gif 65 USPS Parcel Post 5.01 LBS 6 LBS edit.gif delete.gif 66 USPS Parcel Post 6.01 LBS 7 LBS edit.gif delete.gif 67 USPS Parcel Post 7.01 LBS 8 LBS edit.gif delete.gif 68 USPS Parcel Post 8.01 LBS 9 LBS edit.gif delete.gif 69 USPS Parcel Post 9.01 LBS 10 LBS edit.gif delete.gif 70 USPS Parcel Post 10.01 LBS 11 LBS edit.gif delete.gif 71 USPS Parcel Post 11.01 LBS 12 LBS edit.gif delete.gif 72 USPS Parcel Post 12.01 LBS 13 LBS edit.gif delete.gif 73 First-Class Mail (2-3 days) 0 LBS 10000 LBS edit.gif delete.gif 74 First-Class Mail (2-3 days) 0 LBS 10000 LBS edit.gif delete.gif 75 Priority Mail (1-3 days) 0 LBS 10000 LBS edit.gif delete.gif 76 Priority Mail (1-3 days) 0 LBS 10000 LBS edit.gif delete.gif 77 Express Mail (1-2 days) 0 LBS 10000 LBS edit.gif delete.gif 78 Express Mail (1-2 days) 0 LBS 10000 LBS edit.gif delete.gif 79 Parcel Post (2-9 days) 0 LBS 10000 LBS edit.gif delete.gif 80 Media Mail (2-9 days) 0 LBS 10000 LBS edit.gif delete.gif 81 Library Mail (2-9 days) 0 LBS 10000 LBS edit.gif delete.gif

Thats my weight range

I found its best to choose to use weight or price, not both. Weight ranges work the best IMO. You must select a shop default carrier, I use USPS First-Class. When I tried using the Prestashop shipping modules, I had lots of bugs and gave up.

I never got the free USPS module to work, every time I thought it was fixed it would screw up again. My site is live using a Presto-Changeo USPS module, it works and is stable.

If you uninstall the modules and set up flat rate shipping everything will probably work fine, mine did. That told me it was all module issues. The carrier distribution module should probably not be used, I deleted mine with no regrets.

If your having trouble with a paid module, have it installed. Presto-Changeo helped me with my USPS module from them. Very good support. If your carriers are a mess, you should go into the data base and delete old and duplicate files. Mine was a horrible mess after messing with the free shipping modules. I built a new db and then installed the new paid shipping and payment modules on my test site. My live site was built on a clean install too, once you learn how to set up Prestashop and choose your live theme the site will have less problems without all the extra files from testing and experimenting.

I bought a shipping module and it DID NOT wrok for me so I wasted $85 only to find out that the USPS on works GREAT

63 USPS Parcel Post 3.01 LBS 4 LBS edit.gif delete.gif 64 USPS Parcel Post 4.01 LBS 5 LBS edit.gif delete.gif 65 USPS Parcel Post 5.01 LBS 6 LBS edit.gif delete.gif 66 USPS Parcel Post 6.01 LBS 7 LBS edit.gif delete.gif 67 USPS Parcel Post 7.01 LBS 8 LBS edit.gif delete.gif 68 USPS Parcel Post 8.01 LBS 9 LBS edit.gif delete.gif 69 USPS Parcel Post 9.01 LBS 10 LBS edit.gif delete.gif 70 USPS Parcel Post 10.01 LBS 11 LBS edit.gif delete.gif 71 USPS Parcel Post 11.01 LBS 12 LBS edit.gif delete.gif 72 USPS Parcel Post 12.01 LBS 13 LBS edit.gif delete.gif 73 First-Class Mail (2-3 days) 0 LBS 10000 LBS edit.gif delete.gif 74 First-Class Mail (2-3 days) 0 LBS 10000 LBS edit.gif delete.gif 75 Priority Mail (1-3 days) 0 LBS 10000 LBS edit.gif delete.gif 76 Priority Mail (1-3 days) 0 LBS 10000 LBS edit.gif delete.gif 77 Express Mail (1-2 days) 0 LBS 10000 LBS edit.gif delete.gif 78 Express Mail (1-2 days) 0 LBS 10000 LBS edit.gif delete.gif 79 Parcel Post (2-9 days) 0 LBS 10000 LBS edit.gif delete.gif 80 Media Mail (2-9 days) 0 LBS 10000 LBS edit.gif delete.gif 81 Library Mail (2-9 days) 0 LBS 10000 LBS edit.gif delete.gif

Thats my weight range

You have duplicate carriers caused by installing and uninstalling the Prestashop USPS module, its a nasty bug that takes some db file corrections.

With that said, the whole point of a "WORKING" shipping calculator is that it figures the postage based on weight or size for you.

So, a carrier should be set up for each service not weight range.

Parcel Post was done away with for online postage last month, so its First-Class or Priority using electronic postage. Parcel Post is available at a Post Office per the USPS site. My Endicia software does not have the Parcel Post option anymore either.

Set up your carriers like this in the US:

First-Class / set the weight range for .0625 lbs (1 ounce) to .8125 lbs (13 ounces) Prestashop defaults to pounds not ounces.

Priority-Mail / set the weight range for .875 to your max limit. I use small boxes that only hold a max of 6.0 lbs, so adjust for your needs.

International First-Class Parcel / set the weight range to .0625 lbs to 4.0 lbs. Then assign the zones you want to ship to.

You can set up carriers for many different services, if you also offer UPS and have a UPS module, just set up a carrier like this:

UPS Ground / then set your weight range to like 7.00 lbs to 35.00 lbs etc.

Separate carriers that overlap to the same zone will be shown at checkout as options. Like if the Priority Mail and the UPS options overlap it will give you the choice. You can set the delivery time estimate to show the advantage of say a Fedex overnight option or a 2nd day air carrier etc.

Each carrier is for a SINGLE SERVICE not a weight range or company. USPS services offered are broken into seperate carriers. UPS Ground, UPS 2nd Day Air, UPS 3 Day Select each need separate carriers. Weight ranges can overlap if you are offering choices.

You can offer:

UPS Ground for a 5.00 lbs package in 7 days

USPS Priority Mail for a 5.00 lbs package in 3 days etc. Both will show at the same time giving the customer the choice based on price or time etc.

Its best to break out your home country into it's own zone if your shipping international. In the US that's easy, just create a new US zone, then go to the North America zone and select all the states, then reassign those to the US zone using the drop down box at the bottom left of the page. That leaves Mexico and Canada etc in North America and you can assign that zone to International First-Class or whatever..

To do things like International shipping with a shipping module, you will need to get a good module that supports such. The free USPS module I tried was full of bugs and did not support international mail. So, I use paid for modules from Presto-Changeo now.

You have duplicate carriers caused by installing and uninstalling the Prestashop USPS module, its a nasty bug that takes some db file corrections.

With that said, the whole point of a "WORKING" shipping calculator is that it figures the postage based on weight or size for you.

So, a carrier should be set up for each service not weight range.

Parcel Post was done away with for online postage last month, so its First-Class or Priority using electronic postage. Parcel Post is available at a Post Office per the USPS site. My Endicia software does not have the Parcel Post option anymore either.

Set up your carriers like this in the US:

First-Class / set the weight range for .0625 lbs (1 ounce) to .8125 lbs (13 ounces) Prestashop defaults to pounds not ounces.

Priority-Mail / set the weight range for .875 to your max limit. I use small boxes that only hold a max of 6.0 lbs, so adjust for your needs.

International First-Class Parcel / set the weight range to .0625 lbs to 4.0 lbs. Then assign the zones you want to ship to.

You can set up carriers for many different services, if you also offer UPS and have a UPS module, just set up a carrier like this:

UPS Ground / then set your weight range to like 7.00 lbs to 35.00 lbs etc.

Separate carriers that overlap to the same zone will be shown at checkout as options. Like if the Priority Mail and the UPS options overlap it will give you the choice. You can set the delivery time estimate to show the advantage of say a Fedex overnight option or a 2nd day air carrier etc.

Each carrier is for a SINGLE SERVICE not a weight range or company. USPS services offered are broken into seperate carriers. UPS Ground, UPS 2nd Day Air, UPS 3 Day Select each need separate carriers. Weight ranges can overlap if you are offering choices.

You can offer:

UPS Ground for a 5.00 lbs package in 7 days

USPS Priority Mail for a 5.00 lbs package in 3 days etc. Both will show at the same time giving the customer the choice based on price or time etc.

Its best to break out your home country into it's own zone if your shipping international. In the US that's easy, just create a new US zone, then go to the North America zone and select all the states, then reassign those to the US zone using the drop down box at the bottom left of the page. That leaves Mexico and Canada etc in North America and you can assign that zone to International First-Class or whatever..

To do things like International shipping with a shipping module, you will need to get a good module that supports such. The free USPS module I tried was full of bugs and did not support international mail. So, I use paid for modules from Presto-Changeo now.

I did get that module but I REALLY tried to configure it but it didn't work for me. I guess they got tired of me contacting them to ask about it but what could I do? I still haven't figured it out. Now, I'm using the free USPS one that came with my module and it's working great. It calculates the shipping based on the persons address :)

I do wish I could have gotten the paid one to work though since I paid for it. With me, I need a LOT of patience and I need things spelled out to me. They seem like nice people but I don't like to bother anyone and sometimes I felt as if I was being a bother so I just stuck to the free one :( I'd love to get it working, but I don't want to go messing around again next thing you know the free one stops working and I still can't fix the paid one.

The guy from http://store.nemops.com/ was a BIG help. I could not have done it without his help. he has TONS of patience. I would recommend him to ANYONE.

I really do appreciate your help too :).

Edited by Oddyti5 (see edit history)

Persto has a far better module by leaps and bounds. BUT, No module is going to work right with with all those broken up carriers. You should have ONE carrier for each service. Not a carrier for each weight range.

You do realize you have 81 carriers showing in your post? 81 carriers! You should have a few but not 81. One for each service, with all my international carriers I still have around 15 USPS carriers and I ship everywhere using FC and Flat Rate.

Thank you @Oddyti5 @Sages Outdoors @elpatron for your help.

After reading your posts it became clear that (U.S.P.S. Rate Calculator) DOES NOT WORK.

Also, USPS is pretty good at Flat Rate options so I guess I can just live without the calculator.

I uninstalled the (U.S.P.S. Rate Calculator) and added my carriers manually. It works perfect, I see the Price and the carrier actually shows.

I can't believe I wasted so much time banging my head around this module.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you @Oddyti5 @Sages Outdoors @elpatron for your help.

After reading your posts it became clear that (U.S.P.S. Rate Calculator) DOES NOT WORK.

Also, USPS is pretty good at Flat Rate options so I guess I can just live without the calculator.

I uninstalled the (U.S.P.S. Rate Calculator) and added my carriers manually. It works perfect, I see the Price and the carrier actually shows.

I can't believe I wasted so much time banging my head around this module.

Hi, sorry I was away for a while, but I'm back.

I got the USPS calcualter to work for me, not quite sure how, but it's working :)

I hope you managed to fix your shop :) and you're welcome :)

Persto has a far better module by leaps and bounds. BUT, No module is going to work right with with all those broken up carriers. You should have ONE carrier for each service. Not a carrier for each weight range.

You do realize you have 81 carriers showing in your post? 81 carriers! You should have a few but not 81. One for each service, with all my international carriers I still have around 15 USPS carriers and I ship everywhere using FC and Flat Rate.

Sorry, I was away for a while but now I'm back :)

I'm not even sure how I got it to work with all the info I have in there but it does. I couldn't get the paid module to work. I am by no means saying it's not a great module, I'm just saying I could't get it to work for me. I uninstalled all the free ones and tried to configure the paid one but it still didn't work, I gave up, un-installed it and re-installed the FREE USPS module and it works just great for me now. :)

Hi,

I have been following your thread. I am using PS 1.5.3.1 with a purchased theme Corppro. I have been extremely frustrated trying to get the U.S.P.S. Rate Calulator module to work without showing Free Shipping when an item is placed in the Cart. My client has established his USPS account and the ID has been entered along with his zip. There is no free shipping. I have the module set up to only offer Priority Mail and Express Mail. I only have the weight ranges set. There is no handling fee and all values in that section are set to zero so hopefully it is disabled as noted.

Do you have any suggestions as to what I need to do to get rid of the "Free Shipping". Do I need to specify product package information so that the calulator knows which size flat rate to use?

PLEASE HELP ANYONE

Hi,

I have been following your thread. I am using PS 1.5.3.1 with a purchased theme Corppro. I have been extremely frustrated trying to get the U.S.P.S. Rate Calulator module to work without showing Free Shipping when an item is placed in the Cart. My client has established his USPS account and the ID has been entered along with his zip. There is no free shipping. I have the module set up to only offer Priority Mail and Express Mail. I only have the weight ranges set. There is no handling fee and all values in that section are set to zero so hopefully it is disabled as noted.

Do you have any suggestions as to what I need to do to get rid of the "Free Shipping". Do I need to specify product package information so that the calulator knows which size flat rate to use?

PLEASE HELP ANYONE

If the USPS module is working now, make sure the zones are set up, make sure the carriers are set up by you. Make your own carriers, one for each service, so that would be one for Priority and one for Express. If your weight based, just set it from .0625 to what ever you like on both.

When I tried the free one, it would install carriers I did not want and then it would not completely uninstall the deleted carriers. I don't know if that has been fixed? It caused the cart to get confused and then it defaulted to free shipping.

I just use the Presto-Changeo USPS module, it works perfect and as a paid module you get real tech support. The prices are reasonable compared to the non-working garbage egrove puts out.

One way to see if its the module is to uninstall it and set up a carrier for flat rate. If that works and shows in the cart after a product is selected then its the module.

Hey guys, an update. SInce I already paid for the PRESTO-CHANGO module and it can be used for international shipping UNLIKE the free USPS one, I decided I wanted to use it. I finally got it working with the help of Tomer and Cristina. BIG thanks to Tomer and Cristina for their patience with me since I had the settings wrong in my back end. THANKS GUYS :)

This is my Scenario and my solution with no core mods or hacks.

Scenario

• I am a UK shop
  • i have set up 7 zones for my courier
  • i do not have free shipping
  • i am getting the free shipping issue
  • when i set up my shop i said it was in the UK.
  • The UK country is located in the Europe Zone.
  • I am not using the Europe Zone and i do not have any carriers set up for this zone.
  • The Europe Zone is disabled
  • I have a carrier with price ranges setup for the 7 Zones i created.
  • I have states setup for the UK (actually called counties here but this is for reference)

How to Fix

• go to the countries list
  • edit your default country (the country you set prestashop up with), mine is the United Kingdom
  • change the zone to that of the one with the correct shipping rules/ranges you want. For me it is City Link Zone 1(carrier prices for mainland UK.)
  • The default shipping rule for the shop will now use that of the new Zone you have just selected.

The reason for the free shipping poping up is that basically because there are no carriers and shipping ranges setup for the Europe zone the Prestashop's logic defaults to 'Free Shipping' because that is the out of range behaviour that it can apply.

someone mentioned earlier in the thread that if this was such a big bug the prestashop Team would of squashed it by now. So just to confirm this is not a bug, perhaps not the most obvious way of changing this, especially with the labelling of it when you edit the country details, why would you know this affected the default shipping behaviour.

A lot of people mentioned about the default country but never followed through with all of my steps which definately fixes it.

I would just like to point back to post #70 and thank it-solutions, my solution is based on his work.

I hope this helps, like this post if it does.

thanks

Please Mark This Thread as solved for other Users

Edited by shoulders (see edit history)
  • Like 1

This thread had the answer clearly posted more than once, at least 4 people have given the same instructions from different perspectives and those have been repeated even.

I think its back on page 4 that shows how to change the default text of "Free Shipping". This is NOT a BUG, shipping works fine once I set up the zones and carriers correctly. Bad set up equals a confused cart that has a default of Free Shipping when it can't assign a carrier.

As a first time Prestashop user I had to learn how the carriers work and it took a few tries before I carefully read the directions and then started trouble shooting. I found the free modules sucked and caused issues. So, I deleted the problem modules and moved on. The details are all in this thread, by reading it, I fixed all of my shipping issues. The directions are all in this thread.

This is open source software that is free, if you want full support then you need to pay for it or choose a paid software. I prefer being my own webmaster, I choose Open Source. Just got to learn the details.

This is a great thread and a great forum. Many people on here freely give good advice. But, you have to be smart enough to use it I guess. People who use profanity should be banned from the forum. Crude, rude, overly sarcastic and abusive people need not apply.

You will find most people will refrain from helping someone who spews profanity like a little delinquent child.

• Like 1

Im coming late to this party, but I have the same problem.

I have version 1.5.3.1 on a clean install. I have setup the UK as a single zone just to try to get things working with shipping. (see attachments) I'm pulling my hair out :-(

post-492796-0-13005900-1362002464_thumb.jpg

post-492796-0-76762800-1362002464_thumb.jpg

post-492796-0-58823400-1362002463_thumb.jpg

post-492796-0-30045100-1362002462_thumb.jpg

post-492796-0-86708100-1362002462_thumb.jpg

post-492796-0-63146600-1362002461_thumb.jpg

If anyone can point me in the right direction I would be extremely grateful.

I had scanned all the way through, but some didn't make sense to me, I'm too new and too non technical.

HOWEVER, I have resolved it by reading the post about no available carriers. I turned off advanced stock management and hey presto! the free shipping has dissapeared and its showing my carriers correctly. :-)

i glad you have fixed it. what i would do to learn prestashop is buy the manual, and download a copy of xampp so you can run a local copy of your website and you can mess around with it all day without affecting your main site. this what i do before i do anything on the live site.

Good news anyway

Im still in the process of setting up the shop, but I will setup a local version for testing on soon. I used to be an IT techie before I became disabled about 10 years ago. Only doing this to help my daughter out with her business, all the medications turn my brain to muish and stop me remembering or focussing on things, so I tend to do newbie things.

Anyway, one problem down, now to sort out my UK zones, will have a look at your module when its available for the lastest release.

• 3 weeks later...

Scenario

• I am a UK shop
  • I am not using the Europe Zone and i do not have any carriers set up for this zone.
  • I have states setup for the UK (actually called counties here but this is for reference)

How to Fix

• edit your default country (the country you set prestashop up with), mine is the United Kingdom
  • change the zone to that of the one with the correct shipping rules/ranges you want. For me it is City Link Zone 1(carrier prices for mainland UK.)
  • The default shipping rule for the shop will now use that of the new Zone you have just selected.

The reason for the free shipping poping up is that basically because there are no carriers and shipping ranges setup for the Europe zone the Prestashop's logic defaults to 'Free Shipping' because that is the out of range behaviour that it can apply.

someone mentioned earlier in the thread that if this was such a big bug the prestashop Team would of squashed it by now. So just to confirm this is not a bug, perhaps not the most obvious way of changing this, especially with the labelling of it when you edit the country details, why would you know this affected the default shipping behaviour.

A lot of people mentioned about the default country but never followed through with all of my steps which definately fixes it.

I would just like to point back to post #70 and thank it-solutions, my solution is based on his work.

thanks

I've done all of that.. Sweden is my deafult and has its own carrier with its own price table.

When selecting another country under estimating... it correctly chooses the other Carrier (correct) for all the other zones. my BIG problem is that it doesnt picks up THAT carriers prices. I have NO idea what to do next.. been sitting here for hours trying to understand.

PLEASE PLEASE help me out!!

• 4 weeks later...

After 2 days looking for the solution and mixing up code,... and reading the hole tread.....

I came up with my solution.

If your template is not the default, look in your template folder for the file shopping-cart.tpl and control that line 142 is:

<tr class="cart_total_delivery" style="{if !isset($carrier->id) || is_null($carrier->id)}display:none;{/if}"> 

and not only

The same for your template -> js -> cart-summary.js

**** control that it is using last version at line 700 you must find:

if (json.carrier.id == null)
 {
  $('#cart_block_shipping_cost').hide();
  $('#cart_block_shipping_cost').next().hide();
 }

If it is not there you have an old file in the template, replace or modifiy with the file in the deafult template.

Then.... here is where I was at a dead point.

Go to BO edit the carriers and MAKE SURE THAT EVERY GROUP HAS I CARRIER.

thats it with Prestashop 1.5.4

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

How about this since I seem to be the stupid one. Post a link to the thread. Why would I pay for something when the free version is not working. Stop giving me the run around with this go Please give me a forward answer or don't answer at all.

<br><br>

I agree, why is this not working?!

Edited by Goldmaverick (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...

OK, let me chime in here for a moment, if you don't mind. I, like apparently all of you, have struggled hours on end with getting the shipping to work the way we THINK it should work - but obviously doesn't. I spent hours attempting to find out where the problem was, looking over code, checking and double-checking product entries... and to tell you the truth, I never actually found WHERE the problem was (although I think it was between my two stuborn ears!) I have however found a resolution for the problem!

These are the steps I took - use your own discretion.

First I went into the carriers tab and removed ALL of the carriers there. I then went into the price and weight tabs and removed ALL of the entries there, so basically I started back from ground zero. I then created a new carrier under the carrier tab. I made sure that this carrier was the default carrier for my zone (North America).

Next I went to the weight tab and created the weight categories I needed - and this is where I spent about another two hours trying to figure out what I did wrong! Most folks would probably do what I did initally:

box #1- weight = 1.000000 lbs

box #2- weight = 5.000000 lbs.

I then went back to my cart and began to add items, first 1, then 2, then 3... I was feeling pretty good thinking I had finally solved the problem! Then I added item #4 and BLAM!!! My shipping costs went to $158 (the max. amount I was charging for 70 lbs.) I almost fell out of my chair. I began scratching my head, rubbing out what hair I have left. Then a light bulb went off somewhere, don't know if its in my head or when I smacked my forehead so hard I saw stars!!! The problem was right before my eyes and I, like you, have probably been overlooking it all the time!

I LOST one pound of weight which the program could not account for between the 4.00000 lbs. and 5.00000 lbs. entry! I went back into my weight tab and changed the first entry to read: 1st box: 1.00000 lbs., and the 2nd box: 5.99999 lbs.. I made similar changes to ALL of the weight boxes.

Voila - problem solved! I have added product to my cart and subtracted product, each time the shipping updated correctly. I even have set that I will have free shipping starting with a purchase of $200. When the product cost field hit $200, the shipping charges disappeared and I was left with only the actual product costs.

I hope this helps get someone on track to getting the issues with shipping resolved without having to edit code or dance around in circles while howling at a full moon and holding a chicken's feather in your left hand!!!!! :rolleyes:

-DON-

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have spent hours of searching what was wrong with this free shipping appearing before login.

My solution was at the carrier configuration, part group access, select all groups. Because I only had group Default selected for all carriers I had this problem..(I did an update from 1.4.7 to 1.5.4 and when I check the 1.4.7 version the same configuration page for the carrier, there is only one group available)

As some of you - I also spend days looking for a resolution to get shipping cost working.

I have eliminated any of the old carriers and followed the steps mentioned above regarding setting zones; setting price/weight ranges and apply price for zones (used ALL to avoid any issues). After applying the new carrier on my product I still only getting FREE SHIPPING. help.......

Hi, This fixed my issue which was "Free Shipping!" showing in the cart until the customer logged in to complete the sale.

Go to Shipping >> Carriers

Go to the Carrier you want to use as default shipping value.

Tick all three boxes under Group Access eg Default, Visitor, Guest.

This appears to change the Guest (not logging in) shipping rate to show this carriers shipping cost.

I hope this helps some of you

Steve

One the things that i think is important is know who of you are using the Warehouse option.

If you selected to use Warehouses, you must enter on your warehouse and select the carriers that you want to use, i think that all.

So after that, use the code showed on pages 3, 4 of this thread and voala! You done.

Cya

• 3 months later...

Scenario

• I am a UK shop
How to Fix

thanks

Can you please explain your how to fix in a little more detail - I did not set up my site but I have to fix this problem or I can't have the site go live.  My zone is North America and I think everything matches but still have Free Shipping showing

I had scanned all the way through, but some didn't make sense to me, I'm too new and too non technical.

HOWEVER, I have resolved it by reading the post about no available carriers. I turned off advanced stock management and hey presto! the free shipping has dissapeared and its showing my carriers correctly. :-)

Where did you find the advanced stock management?  I am totally new to this and hope your fix will help me because nothing else has. 

• 3 months later...

I confirmed that Group Access for the default Shipping Carrier (which is not free and costs 4.00) includes all three groups (default, visitor and guest).

In PS 1.5.6.1, here is the behavior (this was behavior immediately after an upgrade install, and all three groups already had access to the carrier when I checked the BO setting:

Visitor: put something in the Cart, "Free Shipping" appears. Refresh the page, Free Shipping changes to 0.00 (this behavior is OK, but in PS 1.4.11.0, the cart immediately shows 4.00 after adding something to it, which is much better because 4.00 will apply to most customers.

Logged in (Default): put something in the Cart, the cart immediately shows 4.00 after adding something to it.

So, it appears that 'Visitor' group does not honor the BO setting for inclusion in the Carrier's groups, and so flashes Free Shipping, and then on page refresh shows 0.00. 

I see that this topic has been going for about 1.5 years now.

Im using multistore. Problem:

Shop A - shows carrier A with price... good!

Shop B shows carrier B but says FREE.... not good!

Anyone knows what to do?

If I set Carrier B for shop A so it has both, then both are showing the correct price as it should.

Thanks!  :)

Edited by ftlrs (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

I have the Free Shipping issue as well. I've put hours into trying to fix this 2 year issue.

Changes I have played with:

(1) Adding Carriers and Deleting Carriers.

(2) Installing the USPS module and reseting it.

(3) Adding products by weight and shipping by weight.

(4) Placing minimum cost amounts for "Free Shipping".

(5) Restricting some things and then "Get somewhere" however if I add 3 items of something "Free Shipping" results.

What is so surprising is that I had to hard code out "Date of Birth" and "Title" for the cart as Prestashop has this a default. These small issues show that Prestashop is not focusing on usability but pushing tons of half built features and not even looking back. Why have Personal Information items like these hard coded. It annoys buyers of products or scares them for ID theft.

Why so many errors. "Open Source" excuse? Prestashop just built a new office, there seems to be money somewhere for programming talent to fix the Free Shipping issue?

I have the Free Shipping issue as well. I've put hours into trying to fix this 2 year issue.

Changes I have played with:

(1) Adding Carriers and Deleting Carriers.

(2) Installing the USPS module and reseting it.

(3) Adding products by weight and shipping by weight.

(4) Placing minimum cost amounts for "Free Shipping".

(5) Restricting some things and then "Get somewhere" however if I add 3 items of something "Free Shipping" results.

What is so surprising is that I had to hard code out "Date of Birth" and "Title" for the cart as Prestashop has this a default. These small issues show that Prestashop is not focusing on usability but pushing tons of half built features and not even looking back. Why have Personal Information items like these hard coded. It annoys buyers of products or scares them for ID theft.

Why so many errors. "Open Source" excuse? Prestashop just built a new office, there seems to be money somewhere for programming talent to fix the Free Shipping issue?

Go to translations and change the translations for Front office features and Installed modules, scroll though and change Free shipping to $0.00.

I don't understand What you are saying to change.  I too have everything come up as Free Shipping.  I charge for Shipping.  This puts my customers off.  I have set the Free Shipping value to $0 under the Shipping tab.  What else do I need to change?  I can't believe everyone else on PrestaShop ships for Free.

Simple, Go to Localization, Translations and edit the translations for Front Office and Installed Modules.

Mainly look for Shopping cart, (front office) Blockcart (installed modules)and change any that say Free Shipping! to $0.00 or your choice.

Here you can also remove the (tax incl) and (tax excl) notations that show in the cart.

Here you can see that I have changed Free Shipping! to $0.00 and removed the tax incl and excl notation. (front office features - shopping cart)

post-310220-0-79207900-1393786156_thumb.jpg

Here you can see I have changed Free Shipping! to $0.00.

(installed modules - blockcart)

post-310220-0-38724300-1393786266_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Once again tried all suggestions and recompiled and force recompiled.

Every Free Shipping = $0.00 now.

Additional ideas were to:

(1) Disable and enable shipping estimate module.

(2) Put in random costs in all shipping related areas seen in the BO.

(3) Deleted out all carriers created and USPS module.

I guess I'm going to pay Prestochango instead of donating to Prestashop.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi tdr170

I cant see where the fix is posted. Could you be a bit more specific please?

Problem: When not logged in, site shows "free shipping" - I need it to show the price even when not logged in.

Thanks!!

Hi guys,

I am using Fedex shipping module, Prestashop 1.5.6.0.

I also got same problem, the shipping always show free. I already change the translation like post above, and logged as member, and set my address at the United Stated.

How to solve this problem?

Thanks

• 1 month later...

I am having the same problem. I had the same problem with 1.5. and now it is with 1.6. I want to get rid off Free shipping once for all. I have tried many things including what Presta shop recommends.

I want free shipping to go away especially when a non registered user browse the site.

I almost finished my site and I am getting more and more frustrated.

I hope someone will help.

Prestashop chooses by default the cheapest transport option. If you have a transport option "retrieve from our shop" that will be the cheapest and you will see "free" as the default transport costs.

Solution is to change the default transporter. You can do that in the admin menu Transport->Transport costs.

Thanks for the help.

My main problem is with non registered users.

When a registered user logs in and he already entered his postcode. The shipping cost is showing.

When the user is not registered it is showing Free shipping! which is misleading.

instead of free shipping! or $0.00 I would like to have something like:  "Log in to see shipping Cost".

• Like 1