What is the Best Live Chat Software ??

andybr1ggs

pretty difficult to set up tho ive installed the module ok now its saying i needs to set up a server and add some html ?dont av a scooby ?

any ideas?

cheers,

and i wanted a live chat where the live chat floats around the screen asking if you want to chat like the 1 at buygiftsdirect.co.uk

+1 for Livezilla. It's the "MUST HAVE" chat application :-)

Andy : keep in mind you also need to install livezilla application itself, separately from the module.
The "server" part of livezilla (application, not module) goes on a website (so no need to leave your pc online always).
The "client" part of the application, goes on your pc and is used for you to chat with the customers. But i don't know if there is also a webclient for this part, that would enable you to chat even when away from office... You might check on : www.livezilla.net

Hope this helps.

• 7 months later...

LiveZilla is nice software for newbie to play around, but worse customer support, they will simply "ignore" your question and let it drift away, plus it's incompatible with lots of big hosting companies, one of the reason people use it is because its "free", and because it's "free" they, the developer normally don't provide decent support, ask yourself, do you see LiveZilla actually being used in commercial website? No, only personal, hobbyist website without an actual company-branded name,

What I heard is the Livezilla is going to develop a module or bridge to integrate with CS cart.

I had contacted Livezilla for technical support about 14 months ago when I had no idea about programming (I still have no idea about programming now), they emailed me back and fort teaching me how to set up Livezilla on my site. They were very helpful. They did not accept donation at that time, but they were very nice. The support was wonderful.

That's good to hear, I guess during that time the company was small, when you have lots of customers start asking all kinds of questions and you do not have lots of ppl resources, then the problem will surface soon! Like I said before, LiveZilla is popular for amerature hobbyist, if you are going to use this service on a fully commercial-based website development, don't relying on LiveZilla, ask them if they have any commercial eCommerce using their product...

Glad it works out for you, early-bired special I guess! :-)

• 2 weeks later...

Livezilla's good for those webmasters that want total control of both the server software and operator interface. It just depends on how involved you want to get with it as there are plenty of paid and free live chat services that manage the server portion and offer web interfaces (for Mac/Windows/Linux) for the operator chat software.

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Andy,

You could check out Olark, Snapengage and Zopim. You just need to insert a line of code on your homepage and that's it.

You could read reviews about these three top live chat software in 2011 here,

http://www.bestsoftw...-chat-software/

Hi Software Index

Could you please explain how to add the code to the home page ?

Many Thanks

Gary

Hi Software Index

Could you please explain how to add the code to the home page ?

Many Thanks

Gary

Just use the free module from addons site for zopim or olark. Search for olark and zopim on addons.prestashop.com . These are the latest and most effective live chat tools for use on any new website. I use olark cos they have a theme that suits my site, but i find both are nice and they integrate with gtalk or any im messenger too. Basically anything that is easily visible and encourages the user to chat is what you should use.

Livezilla is outdated now. Its outdated by design. zopim and olark or similar chat pop ups are proven to guarantee good sales, livezilla was great in its time but times have moved on.

• 3 months later...

try mibew messenger it is the best possible free option for any website installing it is a bit tedious but it works like a dream plus no limit to the number of operators no fees no messy codes no tension once installed and interface is changeable and beautiful with lots of very advanced features which u would find only in paid ones.

In case if you need help with installation just PM me

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have tried many live chat software like Livezilla, Olark, Zopim, osTicket. I am currently using this free live chat at https://www.mylivechat.com

Free

$0/month

FREE ACCOUNT

1 Agent

1 Department

Basic Visitor Monitoring

No Private Label

No Premium Email Support

very nice solution, i will test it in my customers website

i didnt know that, thanks for sharing this stuff

• 3 weeks later...

How often do you need to say this? You are doing spam in all zopim threads... The forum do not seem to be moderating

i modreted this many times ... where I can find more posts similar to this one you quoted?

i modreted this many times ... where I can find more posts similar to this one you quoted?

Hi Vekia,

I just send you a private message with reference to user "nikagomez".

Sorry for my English,

Live chat software is an essential tool for any website selling products online. It is almost a completed sale as any experienced salesman can explain the facts and convince the buyer to make a purchase.

I am using mioot live chat software its very helpful tool for my site

Hi everyone! I'm really sorry to cause you so much trouble. Anyway, may I ask, are some moderators work for Zopim? I kind of do not understand why some moderators are avid fans of Zopim. :D

no we weren't work for ZOPIM. But we can see that you're working for offerchat.

Hi everyone! I'm really sorry to cause you so much trouble. Anyway, may I ask, are some moderators work for Zopim? I kind of do not understand why some moderators are avid fans of Zopim. :D

I'm not stupid, and I know perfectly when a user intention to spam.

Nor am I an ultra of "Zopim", or any other chat.

Sorry for my English

Hi Nika, I like your comment. People ask experts before selecting any right tools. Recently price of live chat software increased because of some new and advance features added with them. There is a right live chat software with advanced features but low price that is Live2Support. Marketers can try it on their website. Its technical team is available 24/7 for any assistance.

• Like 1

Hi everyone, my clients use zopim some paid and most still on free some free use. We have not tried any other chat system as zopim seems fine and cheap if they want upgrade to have more chat preferences. I am sure other systems are also good. I have had a few issues with zopim to start with but it seems better now. If the devs of zopim could make it work a little better on mobile devices that would be great as sometimes customers cannot chat on mobile devices.

I do not work for zopim but it is satisfactory and allows the store owner to track the customers pages and say hi and see what country they are from.

Livezilla also looks good but i have never tried it. if you are building a site i suggest you open a chat system and chat with yourself and just try it.

Cheers

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

haha exactly, not really discrete :)

One post, many links, too good to be true = spammy

Not the first one or the last I think lol ;)

By the way I'll take a look at this chat, why not but I don't think I'll leave Zopim one day, who is clearly IMHO the best coupled with Vekia Prestashop module of course ( and that's not spammy lol I don't work for Zopim haha ! )

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • 9 months later...

This is super helpful and easy to use, and all were handled from inside PrestaShop Back Office.

Its not free, but It is worth every penny!

http://addons.prestashop.com/en/front-office-features-prestashop-modules/18967-live-chat-pro-responsive.html

MacRoy's endorsement is valuable advice.  Thanks for sharing.  I'm still using Vekia's original free zopim but I'm not experienced shop manager, MacRoy is.  Happy day, el 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Been using tawk.to, since it's the only one i found that's 100% free

And free is good for start up like myself :)

Waouh, I never tested it but I just did it.

Very, very impressive chat ! And they claim it will be forever free :)

Sadly one very usefull function I have on Zopim is missing on tawk.to :

With zopim and the awesome Vekia free module, I see the customers names in real time, I can't live with it.

Maybe master Vekia can do a such module for tawk.to with the customer identification function ?

• razaro locked this topic