PrestaShop v.1.5 final is now available!

We just released the final version of PrestaShop v.1.5!

Some of the new features included:

> multistore management

> cart-pricing rules

> new modules API

> rewritten Core

> redesigned Back Office

> and much more...

Read the blog to learn more about this revolutionary version in the history of the PrestaShop solution.

> Download PrestaShop v.1.5 final

> Read the changelog

> Read the blog

Do not hesitate to discuss about this new version in this topic! ;)

• Like 1

First of all, congrats! I hope everything goes well.

First things that I noticed:

- As the 1-Click Upgrade module is not updated, it is not allowing us to upgrade to 1.5, so I guess we all need a manual update.

- I couldn't find the Paypal module in 1.5, will it be released or is it a paid module now?

Thanks

Good Morning,

Have tried to install using 1-click Upgrade but it seems to be out of date.

Please see Image:

Paul

Yes I get that also on multiple installations. I have tried deleting the module and re-uploading. Modules reports it is version 0.7.3 on the modules page, but on the upgrade page it says out of date

But there is no updated languages available?

I translated lot of Estonian 1.5 version and now I can test it and finalize the official language pack - but nothing is included. I can't download manually the Estonian language also.

I reported your post. Please contact me back by PM if you have no answer in the next hours. Thanks.

Please it is possible that Presatshop changes the minimal configuration stated on the site.

The minimal configuration is really not complying to that what he have in the praxis day by day.

64M memory_limit - out of date, PS 1.4.X requires 128M as a minimum for a shop with about 200 products

cURL is Optional - Paypal-Modul needs to have this activate, to work. Also other webservices included as modules need this, so nothing here optional anymore.

mcrypt and memcache - is also not an optional if you are runing shops with more than 2.000 products.

I'm having unnecessary discussions in the German Community Forum because of this. To run a version 1.5X the memory_limit of 64 is really not enough !!! And also the max_upload_size with 16M is not complying anymore.

I've already asked Prestashop to update this data, but no answer and also no change in here. Sorry, but the "helpers" in the forum are runing into discredit with such incorrect informations.

• Like 1

What's now ?? Why this contradictions on minimal Server configuration ?

Found on the Wiki this:

Here is a quick list of what you need to get started with the installation of PrestaShop 1.5. - http://doc.prestasho...+to+get+started

• A web-host providing the following:
    • PHP 5.2 or later.
    • MySQL 5.0 or later.
    • Better if: Unix hosting, Apache Web Server 1.3 or later, at least 32 Mb of RAM.

This must be a joke ? 32MB and you will run a 1.5. Version ??? Never !! With how many products is this statement tested ? 5 demo products and one customer ? I think that it is time to correct this. Users are testing Prestashop and than angry about things not loading, or at least they are having problems after some months on a just running shop on this base and they have to buy a bigger webspace...

• Like 1

Another problem: i can't see anymore the categories in backoffice, in Catalog -> Categories.

Otherwise i can see the categories tree when i try to modify a product and works well also on Front Office...

also i can't add categories, if i click on Add categories i can enter and write the information, like name, group cat and the rest, but when i try to save, the page remain in waiting. I check the db and the category doesn't exist

Thanks

Edited by ienabellamy (see edit history)

Unfortunately, after a quick upgrade from 1.4.9.0 to 1.5.0.17 both web shops are not approachable.

I have used the latest version of 1-Click Upgrade (0.73).

The roll back does not work and both stores are now completely off-line.

Hopefully a quick fix.

So be careful.....

post-307367-0-70578500-1347635875_thumb.jpg

Clear Your cache. It work for me.

Unfortunately, after a quick upgrade from 1.4.9.0 to 1.5.0.17 both web shops are not approachable.

I have used the latest version of 1-Click Upgrade (0.73).

The roll back does not work and both stores are now completely off-line.

Hopefully a quick fix.

So be careful.....

After upgrading from 1.4.7 to 1.5 my Authorize.net module doesnot work, and when I click on it in the checkout screen refreshes and nothing happens. Also PayPal module didnot come with 1.5 and when I downloaded free ver. from Addon it is not configuring properly and errors out at the backend.

Urgent help is needed as my website down due to non working of any payment module

After upgrading from 1.4.7 to 1.5 my Authorize.net module doesnot work, and when I click on it in the checkout screen refreshes and nothing happens. Also PayPal module didnot come with 1.5 and when I downloaded free ver. from Addon it is not configuring properly and errors out at the backend.

Urgent help is needed as my website down due to non working of any payment module

Just rollback to 1.4.7 or restore freom your backups.

Well I tried to update a 1.4.9 version and it would not work. First when you log into the back office you get the notice that a new version is available.

However when you go to the upgrade page it states that I have the final version 1.4.9 final.

If I click on more options I can choose *Release Canidates and 1.5 will show as an upgrade.

If I click on upgrade the process completes but states that there are errors and that I should restore my shop.

Here is what the upgrade does to the back office, luckily I am able to rollback.

As you can see it states that admincatolog is missing or invalid.

Not sure why this is a version has been released to the public as there are still way to many issues, can you say Microsoft!!!!

I posted more bugs on 1.5 then with all the versions of 1.4 that I used, there seems to still be no Paypal module and no way to add County surtax on a zip by zip basis.

In Florida you need to collect tax based on point of delivery and you can not enter Counties with a zip range as to many Counties share a zip but have different surtax rates, with 1.4 you can enter the Counties and all zips within, in 1.5 you can not.

I have reported this issue to the forge on Aug 27th and suggested that under cart rules just modify the zip range to allow zips to be entered 1 by 1 as in 1.4 but have heard nothing and issue remains unassigned.

As you can see the Upgrade does not even work. (disappointed)

Okok, it's greeeaat thing, awesome design. But WTF?! How csv import work?!

I add, to example, 40 new products, - this stupid sistem not understand ID in csv! If i get this import file one more time with somthing new features, prshop add new 40 products in database - and ID is 41-80! and so on- if i decide change somthing in my products this stupid shit create new product!!! Say me please, if in my store 10000 items - i mast change it only with my hand, without csv.?

i thing i need rollback this sheet

As you can see it states that admincatolog is missing or invalid.

Clear Your browser and store cache. When needed - do the hard refresh. Ctrl + F5 in Firefox

Personally I wasn't able to run any upgrade with autoupgrade or 1-click-upgrade module. I prefer to make them manually. Every time I tried a rollback, also this one fails, so that the shop was not usable anymore (I always test on test envoirment and never on live versions).

Congratulations on the big release. I just launched our new shop 4 days ago with 1.4.9.0.

So I think there is a while until I will upgrade, but it's good to know the prestashop-team are working so hard for future upgrades.

I've been in e-commerce for the past 7 years, and I can assure everyone who us doubtful: Prestashop is BY FAR the best shoppingcart-system around! Both the program it self, but not to forget the team.

Good luck on the 1.5 :)

I did the upgrade, and now i have this : FIXED

It was because something happen and prestashop upgrader did not upgraded this files

PrestaShop versiune originală:

warning.gif 18 files modifications has been detected, including 14 from core and native module: A se vedea sau a ascunde lista

Core fişier (e) (14)

• cache/class_index.php
  • classes/Tools.php
  • config/defines.inc.php
  • img/logo.jpg
  • img/logo_stores.gif
  • modules/themeinstallator/export/index.php
  • modules/themeinstallator/import/index.php
  • modules/themeinstallator/index.php
  • modules/themeinstallator/themeinstallator.php
  • override/classes/_Tools.php
  • override/classes/index.php
  • override/controllers/index.php
  • override/index.php
  • pdf/invoice.tpl

post-22236-0-87438600-1347730760_thumb.jpg

Edited by vietnam (see edit history)

Good Morning,

I have the same problems as Vietnam and many others on this forum, luckily I tried the upgrade on a shop I was only trying out but I am sure their are many people whose shops have broken.

How to fix? please

Paul

And now the frontoffice looks like this

Warning: array_key_exists() [function.array-key-exists]: The first argument should be either a string or an integer in /home/mobila/public_html/feronerie-mobilier.com/classes/Currency.php on line 413

Line 413 says "

public static function getCurrencyInstance($id)

{

if (!array_key_exists($id, self::$currencies))

self::$currencies[(int)($id)] = new Currency($id);

return self::$currencies[(int)($id)];

}

Fatal error: Cannot access empty property in /home/mobila/public_html/feronerie-mobilier.com/classes/controller/FrontController.php on line 300

line 300 says : "if ($cart->{Configuration::get('PS_TAX_ADDRESS_TYPE')})"

And this is with the default theme

Another thing is that

Controller not found

The controller adminmodulemenu is missing or invalid.

Cannot acces customers

When tring to see a customer http://www.feronerie-mobilier.com/admin3gs/index.php?controller=admincustomers&id_customer=187&viewcustomer&token=1a9c52062d87c8b920a56da42bafae6b i get

Fatal error: Cannot access empty property in /home/mobila/public_html/feronerie-mobilier.com/classes/Product.php on line 2377

Edited by vietnam (see edit history)

With the new version (1.5.17), is there a way for me to do the following since I blew up the store by trying this today:

Install 1.5.17 in a new directory OR domain on same server (I tried this with a fake domain and then set my Host File to point to the server and created it on the server so it would send it to there) Then...

Import the products etc into the 1.5.17 with pics etc..?

When I blew up the store today - I copied the files to the new fake domain, system sent me to the other site (Live site), so I fixed that by changing the URL's in the URL's Setup page, then no Pics were online. Everything else was. I never did get that figured out, so I tried to Regenerate thumbnails and that KILLED the live site's pics. I lost the site and had to restore last night's backup to fix it. (Thank goodness that no orders were in yet). So, I am now very nervous about doing this again.

Hi guys, i kinda have a problem installing it on my server, can somebody help identify the error for me.

Try and install, whenever i try, the install goes back to the first page after i click next on the 2nd one.

www.owhsomuslim.com/test/prestashop

Probably an error or something.

Thanks

Congratulations to the PS Team for reaching this milestone!

I've been delaying the launch of my online store for many months, performing all the updates as they came out so that I would be operating the store with v1.5 from the onset. So I did the usual BACKUP!, downloaded the latest version of 1-Click Upgrade, and followed the instructions to upgrade. Upgrading was fine, no errors, which was a good sign. But then...

Okay, so I have to fix some formatting with the template a bit, no big deal. My custom advertising modules are working and much of the template is compatible. But the key modules that were lost in the process was a bit shocking. The modules PayPal, Canada Post, and UPS (already configured) were gone! It was good to read in the Blog that major improvements were made to PayPal, but it's gone when you upgrade. What good is this upgrade to me without these essential modules? Not much. The SEO & URLs preferences tab leads to a 404 page not found. Can't seem to create the .htaccess and robot.txt files.

The online shopping season is fast approaching and I need a functioning store to process payments and shipping. So I'll be reverting back to my working version 1.4.9 and may decide to upgrade once these modules (and bug fixes) are available for v1.5.x.

I'm still very greatful to the PS Team for their efforts and for creating an awesome ecommerce platform.

Cheers.

For me the Paypal module is a big issue as I only except payment online through Paypal, so no upgrade for my live store until I see something of a working Paypal module.

I also have an issue with the tax area and have posted about it here and on the forge and have had no feedback on the surtax in Florida issue, once again no update until this is resolved.

Hi

The template I'm using doesnt seem to be supported by this new version. I'd like to purchase a new template but I dont see any that are tested in version 1.5.

Does anyone know where I can find templates that are compatible with version 1.5?

Congratulations you are already using the latest version available !

Your current prestashop version :1.4.8.2

Latest official version for channel minor : 1.4.9.0 final (1.4.9.0)

Version comparison PrestaShop Original version:

warning.gif undefined

differences between versions:

warning.gif undefined

What`s the problem? The auto-upgrade not work ...

Congratulations you are already using the latest version available !

Your current prestashop version :1.4.8.2

Latest official version for channel minor : 1.4.9.0 final (1.4.9.0)

Version comparison PrestaShop Original version:

warning.gif undefined

differences between versions:

warning.gif undefined

What`s the problem? The auto-upgrade not work ...

see here http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/187583-prestashop-v15-final-is-now-available/page__p__928083#entry928083

Ho installato il pacchetto 1.5.0.17 direttamente da installatron del mio cpanel, sembra funzionare tutto bene ma mi succede solo una cosa strana, non riesco a modificare da PREFERENZE/CMS le varie pagine, chi-siamo, note.... ecc. ecc. come potrei rimediare ?

Grazie

-------

I installed the package 1.5.0.17 directly by Installatron of my cpanel, seems to work fine but only a strange thing happens to me, I can not change to PREFERENCES / CMS the pages, who we are, notes .... etc.. etc.. how can I fix it?

thanks

Edited by maurosoft (see edit history)

• 3 months later...
Yes I get that also on multiple installations. I have tried deleting the module and re-uploading. Modules reports it is version 0.7.3 on the modules page, but on the upgrade page it says out of date

excelente ... borre el archivo y ahora si pude actualizar mi pagina !

Gracias totales ;)

• 2 months later...

Hi Guys,

I upgraded my 1.4.8 to 1.5 and BO looks ok but FO has a 500 error message.(makeglam.com).

I tried to talk with my hosting but it seems a prestashop error.

I got the same message of user Vietnam in the autoupgrade module:

Core file(s) (10)

• cache/class_index.php
  • config/defines.inc.php
  • modules/cashondelivery/cashondelivery.php
  • modules/cashondelivery/index.php
  • override/classes/exception/index.php
  • override/classes/index.php
  • override/classes/webservice/index.php
  • override/controllers/front/index.php
  • override/controllers/index.php
  • override/index.php