Sneak preview of our new basic theme!

Chris, thanks for your replay. Header reinsurance block is hooked in the both places, 'Header of Pages' and 'footer'.

I guess that problem will dissapear if I reinstall. On the other installation it works fine.

I'm more concerned about the Product Category module

Hi Mike, I still try to translate this "En savoir plus". In the theme folder I found this code (in blocknewproducts.tpl):

{if $newproduct.description_short}<dd class="{if $smarty.foreach.myLoop.first}first_item{elseif $smarty.foreach.myLoop.last}last_item{else}item{/if}"><a href="{$newproduct.link}">{$newproduct.description_short|strip_tags:'UTF-8'|truncate:75:'...'}</a><br /><a href="{$newproduct.link}" class="lnk_more">{l s='En savoir plus'}</a></dd>{/if}

The only way for me to get any reaction is to add my translation here...

• Like 2

Hi Massimo,

I'm not really sure what the issue is based on those screenshots. Can you please explain it a little further and post your URL so that I can test this on my end?

-Mike

Hello Mike,

I'm simply testing the site http://demo.prestashop.com/template15/ with Internet Explorer 7(with retrocompatibility) & 8 on Windows XP.

I think you can reproduce these bugs using Internet Explorer Browser.

Massimo

I tried this theme on prestashop , and i have a strange problem.My user info block is all pink in color and iam not sure how that happened.

I copied over my theme from backup and the problem is still there with any theme i use.

Iam totally confused as to how and why this is happening.

post-253551-0-40364600-1319210000_thumb.png

Hi everybody,

Using a tool called IETester, I ran the 1.5 theme through IE 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10. While there were some obvious compatibility issues with IE 5 and 6, the differences between clean versions of IE 7, 8, 9, and 10 were extremely negligible, and I was unable to replicate the errors you are reporting. Is there any more information you can provide for me so that I can duplicate the issues that you are having?

-Mike

I tried this theme on prestashop , and i have a strange problem.My user info block is all pink in color and iam not sure how that happened.

I copied over my theme from backup and the problem is still there with any theme i use.

Iam totally confused as to how and why this is happening.

Hi indus,

Can you please post your URL here?

-Mike

sent pm

thanks

Only this particular block has this strange pink color, otherwise rest of my original theme is fine.

I'm taking a look now, but I'm not seeing any pink blocks, or anything out of the ordinary. Can you maybe post a screenshot of the issue you're having?

-Mike

Hi Mike,

If you have a look at www.propertyone.ie in firefox & IE you can see the differences...

I have not edited the theme - but in IE you can see the page is not centered and the livezilla block which should be in the right column is on the left...

Thanks

I'm taking a look now, but I'm not seeing any pink blocks, or anything out of the ordinary. Can you maybe post a screenshot of the issue you're having?

-Mike

-Mike

Have you created account and logged in? check left side at the bottom, the user info block.post-253551-0-56607300-1319213403_thumb.pngpost-253551-0-56607300-1319213403_thumb.png

Is the user info block matching the theme colors ?

Hi finners,

In your Back Office under Preferences > Performance, please try to disable "Use CCC for CSS" and let me know if that works for you.

-Mike

Hi Mike

Thanks - that removed some of the spaces however the livezilla block was still on the left hand side.

So i modified the width of ".container_9 .grid_9" in grid_prestashop.css to 1000px which did the trick..

The only other issue I have now is that i still cant seem to center the page on IE - it still is on the left hand side..

Rgds

Hi Mike

Thanks - that removed some of the spaces however the livezilla block was still on the left hand side.

So i modified the width of ".container_9 .grid_9" in grid_prestashop.css to 1000px which did the trick..

The only other issue I have now is that i still cant seem to center the page on IE - it still is on the left hand side..

Rgds

We're making progress! I'll look into this to see what we can suggest to make this appear properly in IE for your site.

-Mike

Hi Mike! I found a minor problem in the prestashop_new template with button "more details" ... Why it is not visible?

product.tpl / line ~203

{if $product->description}
  <p class="buttons_bottom_block"><a href="javascript:{ldelim}{rdelim}" class="button">[color=#ff0000]{l s='More details'}[/color]</a></p>
  {/if}

What do you think about this?

look at this http://www.prestasho...hp?id_product=2

Im trying to install the theme right now, but i cant' find the top menu! I've checked the fodler in moduels and even if i'm using an english-based shop there is so "en" in the language files... nor is the module in the proper section in BO. Any solution?

follow the instructions

English
----
Change the size of pictures if necessary in your Back office > Preferences > Images
- small H : 45px ; W : 45px
- medium H : 58px ; W : 58px
- large H : 264px ; W : 264px
- home H : 124px ; W : 124px
Regenerate all thumbnails
Configure the following modules:
- Block Reinssurance(add to Hook footer)
- block my-account (add to Hook footer)
- CMS (add to Hook footer)
- social (add to Hook footer)
- infoscontact (add to Hook footer)
- contact (add to Hook rightColumn)
- sharefb (add to Hook footer)
- Block categories (Number of column in footer : 1)
Please be sure to have correct position for the modules:
TOP OF PAGES
- Block Langues
- Block Currency
- Permanent link
- Quick search
- Block infos user
- Top menu
- Block cart
FOOTER
- Block Reinssurance
- Block category
- MyAccount
- CMS
- Social
- Infos contact

Oh, realized my error. While I installed the theme, I did not select it, and so the previous default theme stayed selected.

Didn't realize this as apparently the new theme overwrites some portions of the old default theme, which was giving me quite a screwed-up hybrid result.

I just installed the new theme on my test install, and it seems quite messed up!

post-197291-0-66835100-1319301800_thumb.jpg

Seems like you did not deselect some existing modules from your old theme before installing this one.It does not like third party modules very much.

3 things immediately:

1. I hate the idea of having dropdowns for langauges and currencies - I don't like hiding options. Notwithstanding that, assuming dropdowns have to be used for his theme, it's a huge mistake to "grey out" the options (apart from active option). Horrible, horrible error on part of PS developers. Please fix this in 1.5

post-197291-0-02386800-1319305812_thumb.jpg

2. The mouseover opening of the cart is interesting but a problem as well...it's a pretty big block and very easy to hover by mistake...and it opens up which feels quite bad. Even after mouseout it does not close....very bad!

post-197291-0-27553200-1319305823_thumb.jpg

3. The "features/promotion" bar (with "money back guarantee" etc) appears only in ENglish

post-197291-0-76837800-1319305834_thumb.jpg

We're making progress! I'll look into this to see what we can suggest to make this appear properly in IE for your site.

-Mike

Hi Mike

I put this code into the grid_prestashop.css file:

body {

margin:50px 0px; padding:0px;

text-align:center;

}

#Content {

width:500px;

margin:0px auto;

text-align:left;

padding:15px;

border:1px dashed #333;

background-color:#eee;

}

(I got this from a website that gives css tips / tricks)

It has worked and my webpage is centered in IE....

I'm not an experienced person in CSS so I dont know if the code above is "good" but it works for me!!

Hi Mike

I put this code into the grid_prestashop.css file:

body {

margin:50px 0px; padding:0px;

text-align:center;

}

#Content {

width:500px;

margin:0px auto;

text-align:left;

padding:15px;

border:1px dashed #333;

background-color:#eee;

}

(I got this from a website that gives css tips / tricks)

It has worked and my webpage is centered in IE....

I'm not an experienced person in CSS so I dont know if the code above is "good" but it works for me!!

Its not working as great as I thought....

But i think I have found out the problem...

With IE, the website default is Quirks Mode - if i change it to IE8 Standards using developers tools, the page displays perfectly...

Do you know how I can change the website so that it does not default to quirks mode??

Thanks

Hello,

I have the same thing for the module productscategory.

Seems like the module displays every other product, and doesn't put it in the scroll bar..

There is also a problem with the mapping module PRODUCTSCATEGORY, if more than 5 in the category of positions that appear unusual and should scroll, but scrolling does not work.

751e62994a86.jpg

Hi all,

Now I'm using the latest theme & after install it, i got this problem. my product title with short description was block by product picture. i want to know how to solve it & why this happen. Please help me?

You need to resize the image (http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/135026-sneak-preview-of-our-new-basic-theme/page__view__findpost__p__662207)

1b718163ad21.jpg

Hi mohd,

In your Back Office under Preferences > Images, please change your large image dimensions from 300px by 300px to 250px by 250px and let me know if that solves it for you.

-Mike

Hi Mike,

Problem solve. thanks Mike. :D

one more question i need friends to help me. i want to change the special block image. which one must i change the size. 45x45 or 80x80 from the preferences>image?

thanks guys because give a good respons to me ^_^

Hi Mike,

Problem solve. thanks Mike. :D

one more question i need friends to help me. i want to change the special block image. which one must i change the size. 45x45 or 80x80 from the preferences>image?

thanks guys because give a good respons to me ^_^

Hi mohd,

The image you are asking about is currently 80px by 80px. I hope this helps!

-Mike

Hi mohd,

The image you are asking about is currently 80px by 80px. I hope this helps!

-Mike

Hi Mike. Problem solve for the image. Now i need to know to delete categories from footer block. Any idea Mike. Please refer the attachment given. Thanks Mike

post-215207-0-70399100-1319603102_thumb.png

What about the answer to fkrielman. I have the same problem with the category module. I also want to resize the front page picture. I tried to edit the large scene dimensions but didn't affect it. Any suggestions!

Well there is an extra module that causes about the same problem.. The search result f**k up the style sheet as well, the upper text with "search results" is nicely fitted in the center colom, but the actual results have a too wide frame..

The results are scattered all over the page.. ( mind to say this is only when AJAX search" is enabled ,in Chrome and IE9, in FF no probs)

Also I have a problem with the AJAX cart ([Prestashop New Theme] Cart block v1.2), when enabled I get errors when adding products to the cart. When disabled, problem is just not there.

I hope these problems can be resolved.

About results being scattered here is fix.

Copy blocksearch-top.tpl from modules/blocksearch to themes/prestashop_new/modules/blocksearch

(create blocksearch folder) and make following change on line 74

$('#old_center_column').after('<div id="center_column">'+data+'</div>');

to

$('#old_center_column').after('<div id="center_column" class="grid_5">'+data+'</div>');

Hi,

i'm trying to customize the top menu, but since i don't want to edit the core module css, i'd like to override it in my theme folder. I've tried adding a "blocktopmenu" folder inside the theme css overrides for modules, and inside it tried both blocktopmenu.css, and superfish-modified.css (as this is the name of the css used by the module) Neither of them work. is there a way to do this?

thanks

Hi everybody,

A little extra information about the image size issue a couple of you have posted: There are actually instructions on resizing the default photo sizes in the readme file that came with this theme. For any of you still having this issue, please try reading that file first to see if it solves your problem.

-Mike

Hi Mike

Many thanks for pointing me in the direction of this thread (which somehow I missed finding before!). I've now solved my picture size problem :D

However I still have the 'en savior plus' issue. I've tried following the instructions below by nyfiken. However although it now says 'more information' in my blocknewproducts.tpl folder on my server it still says 'en savoir plus' on my site. Tried refreshing, typing in address bar etc in case it was 'stuck' but no luck. Is there something else that also needs doing somewhere else to get it to work?

In the theme folder I found this code (in blocknewproducts.tpl):

{if $newproduct.description_short}<dd class="{if $smarty.foreach.myLoop.first}first_item{elseif $smarty.foreach.myLoop.last}last_item{else}item{/if}"><a href="{$newproduct.link}">{$newproduct.description_short|strip_tags:'UTF-8'|truncate:75:'...'}</a><br /><a href="{$newproduct.link}" class="lnk_more">{l s='En savoir plus'}</a></dd>{/if}

Ignore last post. Solved problem by using this (quote from other thread)

Hi,

Think I can help with this.

First follow the advice from k3ri and change "en savior plus" to "More" on line 42 of:

themes/ThemeName/modules/blocknewproducts/blocknewproducts.tpl. Line 42.

Save

Then:

Back Office separator_breadcrum.pngPreferences separator_breadcrum.png Performance

Force compile: YES

Save

Reload web site.

Did it work?

Since I'm not in development and my site is live I set Force Compile back to "No".

Cool cool?

Up and running. Many thanks again Mike :)

Hi Mike,

Thank you very much for the new version and also the new template 1.5. Everything works fine except the category block.

Its really to slow and useless. Clicking on a single subcategory, it refresh the wholepage.

Is there any way to make it faster or maybe is it possible to use past version (ps 1.4.4) of category block in the new theme.

Or any suggestion please.

Thanks

Hi,

Really like the look of this template, excellent and have installed but having a couple of issues.

The search box doesn't appear lined up properly and when I click on a category, I get a menu at the top of the page that I'd rather wasn't there.

Hopefully the screenshot below shows what I mean.

post-291759-0-52175100-1319797759_thumb.jpg

I'd be very grateful for any help or suggestions.

Cheers,

Kenny

Hi Mike,

Prestashop new template 1.5

I speed up my site as you told.

Still category block is very slow. Do you think it will be faster in the upgrade version of the theme, or do I have a chance to replace categories block with some other one in the new template?

And another problem is, I have several products without pictures.

After I imported my products with .csv file, the "No-picture" missing on the product page. I add ed the product manualy from backoffice, still the problem is there. In all languages the problem is the same.

I tryed to correct this for several hours but have no success. (ex. re generate all images...)

Returning to the old prestashop theme there is no problem. The "no image" picture missing in only the new theme.

post-101194-0-86637800-1319804567_thumb.jpg

How do I override the CSS and image files of the blocktopmenu? I can't seem to do it the normal way of putting the file in the theme folder.

Example, this is the original file:

\modules\blocktopmenu\css\superfish-modified.css

Where can I put this file in the theme folder, so I can edit it? And how about the image files?

Thanks.

Hi,

Really like the look of this template, excellent and have installed but having a couple of issues.

The search box doesn't appear lined up properly and when I click on a category, I get a menu at the top of the page that I'd rather wasn't there.

Hopefully the screenshot below shows what I mean.

post-291759-0-52175100-1319797759_thumb.jpg

I'd be very grateful for any help or suggestions.

Cheers,

Kenny

I also have seen this bug and I also see it when I click on a category in the demo page, everything seems fine on the home page, with IE9 and its developer tools I get this warning message

SEC7115: :visited and :link styles can only differ by color. Some styles were not applied to :visited.

category.php?id_category=2

I hope this helps to solve the problem

Regards,

Mark.

Hi all,

I need some advise from all of you if it can solve this problem. I have asked this question before but i need some solution to make my web look better than before.

a. Look at this picture position. You can see this picture not in straight line.

post-215207-0-21303000-1320165906_thumb.png

b. I need pic (a) become like this positon.

post-215207-0-47326900-1320166016_thumb.png

So anyone can help me?

3 things immediately:

1. I hate the idea of having dropdowns for langauges and currencies - I don't like hiding options. Notwithstanding that, assuming dropdowns have to be used for his theme, it's a huge mistake to "grey out" the options (apart from active option). Horrible, horrible error on part of PS developers. Please fix this in 1.5

post-197291-0-02386800-1319305812_thumb.jpg

2. The mouseover opening of the cart is interesting but a problem as well...it's a pretty big block and very easy to hover by mistake...and it opens up which feels quite bad. Even after mouseout it does not close....very bad!

post-197291-0-27553200-1319305823_thumb.jpg

3. The "features/promotion" bar (with "money back guarantee" etc) appears only in ENglish

post-197291-0-76837800-1319305834_thumb.jpg

Adams? Adamly? Adamowsky? Adamson? Adler? Anderson? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller? Kranzler? Kranzler? Kranzler? Kranzler? Kranzler? :P

4. Seems the new theme still uses separate images, instead of CSS sprites.

Hi OC2PS,

While I can't respond to every suggestion on here (especially since I'm not involved in developing these themes), I can say that the PrestaShop developers who do work on these things have been checking this section out for feedback, even if they haven't publicly made their presence known on here.

But as I'm sure you can tell, I don't take a "day off" here on the forums B) .

-Mike

as I'm sure you can tell, I don't take a "day off" here on the forums B) .

I know, it's pretty clear :)

I can say that the PrestaShop developers who do work on these things have been checking this section out for feedback, even if they haven't publicly made their presence known on here.

Communication has been an issue on PS forums, and while things are much better since you started, there is still some way to go.

Since PS is a professional outfit with several developers on board, I hope you can pass along my suggestion that they ought to hire not only developers and designers but also usability/user-experience/HCI/interaction expert(s).

Hi OC2PS,

While I can't respond to every suggestion on here (especially since I'm not involved in developing these themes), I can say that the PrestaShop developers who do work on these things have been checking this section out for feedback, even if they haven't publicly made their presence known on here.

But as I'm sure you can tell, I don't take a "day off" here on the forums B) .

-Mike

And what a wonderful job you are doing since you have joined PS Mike.

Keep up the good work

Regards,

Mark.

Nice! Wonder if v1.5 will change the logo from silly .jpg to .png or .gif?

Hi everybody,

After years of devoted service, our basic theme (which will always be available in the native PrestaShop software) is getting new life with some design rejuvenation. You will be able to see this for yourself in version 1.4.5 and the highly-anticipated version 1.5. Here's your first peek at this new version that will be available for download starting shortly with version 1.4.5 and will be the default choice starting with 1.5.

It's not a complete overhaul, but we are very excited for this update and your opinions are welcome. Enjoy!

post-276528-0-34332000-1317741500_thumb.png

post-276528-0-01491400-1317741515_thumb.png

post-276528-0-31202700-1317741528_thumb.png

post-276528-0-29593800-1317741541_thumb.png

post-276528-0-15896600-1317741552_thumb.png

-Mike

Regarding to the new basic theme 1.4.5 above:

In which file is the animation, drop down and up, for the block cart ?

Moving the mouse over the cart several times is building up the animation, making the drop down jumping up and down many times. A stop() would be nice to put in somewhere to stop the buildup, but I can't find where??

Help? Please ....

The "opening" of cart on mouseover is a problem. Mine is slightly different from yours. The issue is the "opened" cart does not close even on mouseout. This may seem untrue at first but bear with me.

When you mouseover on the cart area, an expanded cart opens. If you mouseover to the expanded cart and then mouseout then it closes. However, if you do not mouseover on the opened/expanded cart, then it NEVER closes back up!

The "opening" of cart on mouseover is a problem. Mine is slightly different from yours. The issue is the "opened" cart does not close even on mouseout. This may seem untrue at first but bear with me.

When you mouseover on the cart area, an expanded cart opens. If you mouseover to the expanded cart and then mouseout then it closes. However, if you do not mouseover on the opened/expanded cart, then it NEVER closes back up!

Same issue here, i guess i'll try to fix it myself editing blockcart.js for my theme! :D

Yes, I have noticed that one to and it closes when you hover over and out on the cart again. I can almost live with that, but the boucing, buildup, is just to much for me. Together with the issue you brought up, it is almost inpossible to use without it looking looking too bad.

I just can't find where the animation is initiated ... js is not my strongest language :(

we're very aware of this issue with the cart animation, and are working on fixing this for you.

While you work on this, the following advice (originally for megamenus) is applicable and may be very valuable:

http://www.useit.com/alertbox/mega-dropdown-menus.html

Speed

Speed is essential to making any user interface feel responsive. Interface elements must render within 0.1 seconds to suggest physicality and make users feel like a display's changes are a direct result of their actions. Slow-rendering GUI elements seem sluggish and make users feel like the computer is making things happen, not them.

You should test your mega drop-down implementation's response time on a variety of computers and browsers. Include the best-selling platform from 5 years ago, because a good number of your customers will still be using it.

Don't make response time too fast, though: the mouse should remain stationary for 0.5 seconds before you display anything that's hover-dependent, such as a mega drop-down or a tooltip. Violating this guideline will make the screen flicker insufferably when users move the mouse. Only after 0.5 seconds of resting the pointer on a navbar item can you assume that a user actually wants to see its associated drop-down.

Thus, the timing should be:

1. Wait 0.5 seconds.
  2. If the pointer is still hovering over a navbar item, display its mega drop-down within 0.1 seconds.
  3. Keep showing it until the pointer has been outside both the navbar item and the drop-down for 0.5 seconds. Then, remove it in less than 0.1 seconds.

One exception to item 3: The very best implementations can sense when a user is moving the pointer from the navbar item to a destination within the drop-down. When the pointer is on such a path, the drop-down should remain visible. This supplementary guideline addresses the diagonal problem, which happens when the path temporarily takes the pointer outside the active area. The drop-down shouldn't disappear when the user is on the way to point to something within it.

diagonal-problem.png

The diagonal problem:

The pointer path goes outside the area that keeps the drop-down active.

In the above example, the user first pointed to the "Holidays & Parties" navbar item and now wants to select "Appetizers." Moving the pointer between these two spots makes it cross the "In Season Now" navbar item. Many users will move so fast that the pointer will exit the active area for less than 0.5 seconds. However, older or leisurely users might move the mouse so slowly that the drop-down would disappear while they're still aiming for a menu item. Very annoying.

People have done the research. No point trying to reinvent the wheel via trial and error. ;)

• Like 1