Upgrading from 1.3.1 to 1.3.2

first update! not bad at all... got just one sql error but it doesn't seem to be fixed as I don't use this module.

INSERT IGNORE INTO ps_hook_module (id_hook, id_module, position) VALUES (@id_hook, (SELECT id_module FROM ps_module WHERE name = 'statsbestcarriers'), @position)
(1048) Le champ 'id_module' ne peut être vide (null)

now it's working. changes made on the core script must be definitely either put in a different files or written down for upgrade purposes.

Thanks for the files Rocky - very helpful indeed. How do you know this btw.

Anyone know why the editorial module is not possible to keep under /themes/modules - my believe was that prestashop "sniffed" this catalog first?

Nice with updates:) Prestashop is getting better and better:)

//Stefan

I did a comparison of the modified dates using WinZip and only extracted the files modified since PrestaShop v1.3.1 was released. I then re-compressed just those files.

Only TPL files can be overridden, so you should be able to override modules/editorial/editorial.tpl, but not editorial.xml.

I did a comparison of the modified dates using WinZip and only extracted the files modified since PrestaShop v1.3.1 was released. I then re-compressed just those files.

Only TPL files can be overridden, so you should be able to override modules/editorial/editorial.tpl, but not editorial.xml.

Ok so it is no idea to keep php files in under template/modules - only tpl.

Here is an archive with just the files that were changed between v1.3.1 and v1.3.2 for anyone who is interested.

So all I have to do is replace those files and I am upgraded?

I have the believe the latest update will also update the database - not only the files themselves but i am not sure. Regardless of that i follow (witch i have been succesfull all the time) is to follow the WIKI update-guide here.

Before, of course back up everything! Rather safe than sorry;) Good luck!

Stefan

http://www.prestashop.com/wiki/Installing_And_Updating_PrestaShop_Software/

Here is an archive with just the files that were changed between v1.3.1 and v1.3.2 for anyone who is interested.

So all I have to do is replace those files and I am upgraded?

I to would like to know weather this is correct, replace the files and upgraded?!!?!?

I tried PayPal v2.0, which looks good and has many options, but I couldn't get it to work. I entered my PayPal email address, requested API keys and entered them on the configuration page, but I kept getting an error message saying "Security headers invalid" whenever I tried to check out. I've reverted back to v1.7.1, which appears to be working fine.

I tried PayPal v2.0, which looks good and has many options, but I couldn't get it to work. I entered my PayPal email address, requested API keys and entered them on the configuration page, but I kept getting an error message saying "Security headers invalid" whenever I tried to check out. I've reverted back to v1.7.1, which appears to be working fine.

Where you get this error?
and what options you use? can send to me a screenshot?

Hi guys,

One weird thing that I noticed is happening on my shop www.viagemdossentidos.com after upgrading from 1.3.1 to 1.3.2 is

The total shipping in the Shopping cart summary, shows up on certain products, and for others it doesn't, this behavior is pretty random, I double-checked to see if the weight was entered for that particular product for which the total weight is not displayed, and i found that all the products have their own weight mentioned in the back-office.

Any help to resolve this would be highly appreciated.

@shacker

I get the error message after clicking the "Confirm order" button. I have the first radio button option selected on the configuration page. I've tried choosing "Website Standard" in PayPal and having "Express checkout" on the configuration page unchecked and choosing "Express Checkout" in PayPal and having "Express checkout" on the configuration page checked, but both resulted in the same error message.

dosent work good the new prestashop 1.3.2.3 to many bugs cant change front page or upload the pictures banner ad is shrinked etc etc

so i went back to 1.3.1

What do you mean with change front page?

i have the hosting with vidahost so we can do the auto update without all installation procedures..
so I've decided to upgrade to 1.3.2 final and after the update my front page was changed my main picture missing text etc etc .....
i was trying to fix it but with no luck as it wouldn't upload my old pic couldnt change the text etc etc so luckily I did the backup so I cud put it back as it was www.darkgsm.com/iphoneshop if u take a look of my page the box (iphoneunlocking) was shrinked tried to upload the new one with no luck etc etc

dosent work good the new prestashop 1.3.2.3 to many bugs cant change front page or upload the pictures banner ad is shrinked etc etc

so i went back to 1.3.1

i have the hosting with vidahost so we can do the auto update without all installation procedures..
so I've decided to upgrade to 1.3.2 final and after the update my front page was changed my main picture missing text etc etc .....
i was trying to fix it but with no luck as it wouldn't upload my old pic couldnt change the text etc etc so luckily I did the backup so I cud put it back as it was www.darkgsm.com/iphoneshop if u take a look of my page the box (iphoneunlocking) was shrinked tried to upload the new one with no luck etc etc

The problem is that you replace the modules like homefeatured, blockadvertising, etc. You need to reupload the modules that use custom images and texts.

so i went back to 1.3.1

The problem is that you replace the modules like homefeatured, blockadvertising, etc. You need to reupload the modules that use custom images and texts.

not that its the main page as i can also upload the new picture nor edit the text i will stick with 1.3.1

Upgrade is greyed out on the /install page - Any ideas? I've followed the wiki step by step but it stops after telling you to visit this page!

check if you have your settings php file in config,

Step 13 in the wiki, done that!

It says 'Update: Get the latest stable version (installed version detected : 1.3.2.3)' and I've not ran the installer yet so only the files are updated, not the database.

Upgrade is greyed out on the /install page - Any ideas? I've followed the wiki step by step but it stops after telling you to visit this page!

check if you have your settings php file in config,

Step 13 in the wiki, done that!

It says 'Update: Get the latest stable version (installed version detected : 1.3.2.3)'

You have the latest version installed. So you cant update (only to 1.4)

Hi guys,

One weird thing that I noticed is happening on my shop www.viagemdossentidos.com after upgrading from 1.3.1 to 1.3.2 is

The total shipping in the Shopping cart summary, shows up on certain products, and for others it doesn't, this behavior is pretty random, I double-checked to see if the weight was entered for that particular product for which the total weight is not displayed, and i found that all the products have their own weight mentioned in the back-office.

Any help to resolve this would be highly appreciated.

I also downgraded it back to 1.3.1 but still the same issue, shipping is calculated for some products and for some it doesn't.

Searched the forums but couldn't find a previously discussed topic with such an issue.

Hi !

Does anyone get a step by step ( or line by line ) upgrade method for prestashop 1.3.2 ? I work on a heavy customized version of prestashop and i guess it could take me a while to do a diff on each file...

thanks guys ;)

I followed rockys easy upgrade

There were changes made to the database. You should replace the files, upload all the install files, then choose the "upgrade" option to upgrade your database to v1.3.2.

and get this error box in checkout

"GA checkout form tracker is turned on, but pageTracker variable is undefined."

I tried uninstalling Google analytics, with no success

I have a strange problem.
I found PS will only run if installed to site.com/public_html, not as per instructions to a unique dir on the root. e.g. site.com/presta/install would give a page not found msg.

I ran the upgrade into the /public_html folder, copied over the /img, settings.inc.php etc, as per instructions then I get an incomplete page - see attached pic.

Doing a restoration of my old folder brings back the site but in the back office any click I make gives a 'tab not found' msg - this includes the catalog, tho the products & images are all still present in the site, I can't access the CMS at all.

Of possible note - when I upped the files I could only complete the transfer if I uploaded the files in a folder, putting them on the root of the public_html folder would give 'can't create file or folder (82)' msg for some files e.g .txt & .mwb & would stall the process. I copied the PS update folder into the public_html & then cut & paste the files from there into the public_html folder to avoid this problem. This seems weird to say the least.

Site is effectively dead I think, even tho I do have the dbase backup etc.
Any ideas...?

31148_nGiviC9Jktj2pbxab6K1_t

Hi guys and gals,

I just upgraded my Presta shop from 1.3.1 to 1.3.2 and now when i am trying to login the admin area
it's coming up blank....It's the first time I am upgrading with Presta so I am really concerned about losing
all my data or something...Can someone please assist me?

Thanks!

ok i got the site to come back up but know the Payment and Module Area in the admin area is giving this error message:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class Gsitemap in /hermes/web01b/b1040/moo.grdistributionscom/classes/Module.php(323) : eval()'d code on line 423

What to do to correct this?

I don't know why you keep getting different errors. Something must be seriously wrong with your site. It seems modules/homefeatured/en.php has a < when it shouldn't. Here's what my file looks like:

<?php

global $_MODULE;
$_MODULE = array();

I have been messing for hours/days & got nowhere.
Installed 1.3.2 into a WAMP - it works OK.
Thouight I'd try copying that file-set onto the server - & I get this SQL code in /admin (see pic)

Putting the setup files on still gives me the pink page shown above.

I don't see how this has happened, & how can the tabs lose their entry points in the back office on the old install if I restore that...?

31211_MI8qYylMEc5ekhT87TcM_t

Hi !

Does anyone get a step by step ( or line by line ) upgrade method for prestashop 1.3.2 ? I work on a heavy customized version of prestashop and i guess it could take me a while to do a diff on each file...

thanks guys ;)

I second this.. If anyone has a step by step guide on how to change the needed files and db table only to 1.3.2, please share it here.

I'm working on a heavily customized shop as well.

Wiped whole site/restored the bare server install & restored the dbase, now I can finally get an install page up. I could see that some core file had gone but didn't know how/why...

I did get 4 SQL errors on the PS install of the old dbase -

SET NAMES 'utf8'

SET NAMES 'utf8'

ALTER TABLE `ps_order_detail` ADD `reduction_percent` DECIMAL(10, 2) NOT NULL AFTER `product_price`

(1060) Duplicate column name 'reduction_percent'
ALTER TABLE `ps_order_detail` ADD `reduction_amount` DECIMAL(20, 6) NOT NULL AFTER `reduction_percent`

(1060) Duplicate column name 'reduction_amount'
ALTER TABLE `ps_country` CHANGE `need_identification_number` `need_identification_number` TINYINT(1) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0'

INSERT INTO `ps_configuration` (`name`, `value`, `date_add`, `date_upd`) VALUES ('PS_1_3_2_UPDATE_DATE', NOW(), NOW(), NOW())

(1062) Duplicate entry 'PS_1_3_2_UPDATE_DATE' for key 2
ALTER TABLE `ps_search_index` CHANGE `weight` `weight` SMALLINT(4) unsigned NOT NULL DEFAULT '1'

ALTER TABLE `ps_image` DROP INDEX `product_position`, ADD UNIQUE `product_position` (`id_product`, `position`)

ALTER TABLE `ps_zone` DROP `enabled`

(1091) Can't DROP 'enabled'; check that column/key exists
SET @id_hook = (SELECT id_hook FROM ps_hook WHERE name = 'backOfficeHeader')

SET @position = (SELECT IFNULL(MAX(position),0)+1 FROM ps_hook_module WHERE id_hook = @id_hook)

INSERT IGNORE INTO ps_hook_module (id_hook, id_module, position) VALUES (@id_hook, (SELECT id_module FROM ps_module WHERE name = 'statsbestcustomers'), @position)

SET @position = @position + 1

INSERT IGNORE INTO ps_hook_module (id_hook, id_module, position) VALUES (@id_hook, (SELECT id_module FROM ps_module WHERE name = 'statsbestproducts'), @position)

INSERT IGNORE INTO ps_hook_module (id_hook, id_module, position) VALUES (@id_hook, (SELECT id_module FROM ps_module WHERE name = 'statsbestvouchers'), @position)

INSERT IGNORE INTO ps_hook_module (id_hook, id_module, position) VALUES (@id_hook, (SELECT id_module FROM ps_module WHERE name = 'statsbestcategories'), @position)

INSERT IGNORE INTO ps_hook_module (id_hook, id_module, position) VALUES (@id_hook, (SELECT id_module FROM ps_module WHERE name = 'statsbestcarriers'), @position)

SET NAMES 'utf8'

I assume these will be fixable....

It looks like you tried to upgrade your database twice. The PS_1_3_2 _UPDATE_DATE variable already existed on your database, so it couldn't added. That variable stores the date that you upgraded to PrestaShop v1.3.2. The new columns in v1.3.2 have already been added too and the 'enabled' column had already been removed. I think it is safe to ignore those error messages. They don't appear to have blocked other SQL queries.

Some of the .tpl files got overwritten like user header, various links footer and home page content. Also the button styles with several other modules like Wishlist, etc were overwritten. It didn't take to long to fix since I backed it up before upgrading, and just compared the files. It was just a little annoying. I hope it was worth it cause I read in the notes it was upgrading the paypal module, which I use primarily.

It looks like you tried to upgrade your database twice. The PS_1_3_2 _UPDATE_DATE variable already existed on your database, so it couldn't added. That variable stores the date that you upgraded to PrestaShop v1.3.2. The new columns in v1.3.2 have already been added too and the 'enabled' column had already been removed. I think it is safe to ignore those error messages. They don't appear to have blocked other SQL queries.

Thanks for the info Rocky. I spent a LOT of hours trying to track down the error & many install attempts, clean & upgrade were tried before I threw in the towel & wiped the server space.

I really hate that cPanel backup & restore doesn't really restore but just dumps files on the folder root which then just sit there.
Is WHM the only way to properly restore email a/c's etc, even today...?

Those minor changes are bug fixes, so it is best to port them. That's what I did. I don't think there are any security fixes included in the v1.3.2 update, so it isn't urgent to update the theme.

i have Custom theme developed By prestashopic developer ...

is there any changes need to taken in that theme

give me advice

There were too many changes to describe them all. You should upgrade your theme to v1.3.2 only if you know how to compare code and copy over changes. I don't think there were any security updates like there were in v1.3.1, so updating your theme isn't urgent.

there still many bugfixes in this version

I finally did a manual diff between each modified files... took me like 5 hours : hard times on tpl files !
Good luck to every dev that needs to do this update manually ! Here's a usefull tool : winmerge.org

See you guys

Hi, I've got a problem in the admin tool after upgrading from 1.3.1 to 1.3.2:

the orders are not displayed properly, he says he's got 7780 orders, but only shows the last one...

any ideas???

EDIT: and I only just noticed that I cannot view the one order which is displayed - when I click on the order, the page contains only the header and no contents..

• 4 weeks later...