how to remove powered with PrestaShop™

The above works for removing from Prestashop store but not the E-mails to remove from emails follow this.

Remove “powered with PrestaShop™” from emails

Well this is not so easy to accomplish but I will tell you the easy way.

All emails are saved in mails directory it is located in Prestashop root directory:

You should see separate directory for every language in mails direcotry.

Almost every file contains the Powered by Prestashop line (look near bottom of the file):

In html files:

<a href="{shop_url}" style="color:#DB3484; font-weight:bold; text-decoration:none;">{shop_name}</a> powered by <a href="http://www.prestashop.com/" style="text-decoration:none; color:#374953;">PrestaShopâ„¢</a>

or in txt files:

{shop_url} powered by PrestaShop™

OK first of all download whole mails directory to your computer. Now it is possible to check every file and change lines.

In html files we need to delete or change this part:

powered by <a href="http://www.prestashop.com/" style="text-decoration:none; color:#374953;">PrestaShopâ„¢</a>

In txt files we need to delete or change this part:

powered by PrestaShop™

This task is easy but we have a huge amount of files, it will be a long and tedious task to change one file after another. There is an easier way.

OK let’s say we downloaded the mails directory to our C:\ drive.

Now you have to download Notepad ++ and install it in your computer, Its a free download.

Install Notepad ++ and start the program. Go to Search->Find In Files:

copy the powered by part from above and paste it in the Find what text box,

delete anything in the replace with text box and change the Directory to the mails directory ie (c:\mails\your language)

and click replace in files

Now copy the powered by PrestaShop™ from above and paste that in the find what - all other same as above and click replace in files, that it your done.

Edited by tdr170 (see edit history)
  • Like 4

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

copy the powered by part from above and paste it in the Find what text box,

delete anything in the replace with text box and change the Directory to the mails directory ie (c:\mails\your language)

and click replace in files

Now copy the powered by PrestaShop™ from above and paste that in the find what - all other same as above and click replace in files, that it your done.

Super Helpful!!! I'm getting there... I just have not understood what you mean in the quoted part. For you guys information, I have found 68 files with the "powered by PrestaShop." sentence, using tdr170's method :)

As far as I know, you can now remove it from the back office of the module "blockcms", just unticket "display powered by prestashop"

This in 1.5.3.1 but i believe all 1.5 are the same

That will remove the Powered by from the footer but not the emails, you must remove them manually using the method I posted above.

Open one of the emails in the mails folder in notepad scroll to the bottom and you will see this line.

(account.html)

<td style="font-size: 10px; border-top: 1px solid #D9DADE;" align="center"><a style="color: {color}; font-weight: bold; text-decoration: none;" href="{shop_url}">{shop_name}</a> powered by <a style="text-decoration: none; color: #374953;" href="http://www.prestashop.com/">PrestaShop™</a></td>

Copy the section in red, click on search, find in files, paste that in the top text area (FIND WHAT), remove anything in the replace with text area, leave filter as ( *.* ) use the directory to scroll to the folder where your mails folder is located within the Prestashop folder on your computer.

Now click replace in files, do this for both the .HTML files and .TXT files, your done

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

cześć jak magę cokolwiek pobrać z forum?

please write in english (we are on english forum now)

if you want, you can create own thread in Polish language section.

if you want to download files, you jave to click on attachment.

• 1 year later...

The above works for removing from Prestashop store but not the E-mails to remove from emails follow this.

Remove “powered with PrestaShop™” from emails

Well this is not so easy to accomplish but I will tell you the easy way.

All emails are saved in mails directory it is located in Prestashop root directory:

You should see separate directory for every language in mails direcotry.

Almost every file contains the Powered by Prestashop line (look near bottom of the file):

In html files:

<a href="{shop_url}" style="color:#DB3484; font-weight:bold; text-decoration:none;">{shop_name}</a> powered by <a href="http://www.prestashop.com/" style="text-decoration:none; color:#374953;">PrestaShopâ„¢</a>

or in txt files:

{shop_url} powered by PrestaShop™

OK first of all download whole mails directory to your computer. Now it is possible to check every file and change lines.

In html files we need to delete or change this part: