Native module partnership - What is it?

NemoPS

So you are saying that only partner modules can be provided for free?   Why does that preclude me from offering a module for free on the marketplace?  I'll assume the answer is because Prestashop does not profit from the free non-partner module?

I bet that partners have to pay for this partnership :)

If "partner" module is a part of default installation, they can earn a lot of money with services related to this addon.

so, basically, prestashop earn some $ on this partnership, partner earn money too

everyone is happy :P

The end user (merchant/customer) looking for a supported free module :) without having to dig through forums to locate them.  Also makes them a bit more professional when they appear within the marketplace.

Perhaps one thought would be to allow free non-partner modules on the marketplace.  But customers wishing to purchase them, would have to pay a small one time fee that provides them access to all non-partner modules?

I find that it is a pretty healthy business model, making money from partnerships while keeping the software free for users and making partners happy with their return on investment.

Who would disagree? -_-  

i just wanted to say that both partner, and you (prestashop) are happy, it's a kind of win-win model :) so, you hit two birds with one stone :) In fact, even three birds, because merchats has got free e-commerce platform with many features

i'm just wondering right now, if i will release some service (i have a plan to realize it this summer) for e-commerce, how much it will cost me to be a partner with module included in "default" prestashop installation ? 

i just wanted to say that both partner, and you (prestashop) are happy, it's a kind of win-win model :) so, you hit two birds with one stone :) In fact, even three birds, because merchats has got free e-commerce platform with many features

i'm just wondering right now, if i will release some service (i have a plan to realize it this summer) for e-commerce, how much it will cost me to be a partner with module included in "default" prestashop installation ? 

Hi Milos,

I can help you answer that question and connect you to our Business Development team to discuss this further. You have my email so whenever you are ready, you can let me know. 

Thanks!

• Like 1

Hi Milos,

I can help you answer that question and connect you to our Business Development team to discuss this further. You have my email so whenever you are ready, you can let me know. 

Thanks!

thank you Benijamin, for sure - i will let you know, it will be service to integrate social networks with ecommerce, that's all what i can say - it's my little secret right now ;)

• Like 2