en Jump to content
gulaly

Cannot Edit Product [Save or Save and Stay] not work

Question

Hello friends, i have real serious problem i cannot edit product description, or price or feature.

I can create new product, but can't edit

My website www.destinysound.com

i use prestashop 1.5.4.1

I Try to clear smarty cache, and regenerates .htaccess, work for once, i can edit and save, but if i try for the second edit and i click "Save or Save and Stay", the problems appear, i will be redirect to "Catalog > Products" nothing edited, nothing change.

What annoying problem, any suggestion guys??

Edited by gulaly

101 answers to this question

This is my defines.inc.php

No error reporting appear

* Debug only */

define('_PS_MODE_DEV_',true);

if (_PS_MODE_DEV_)

{

@ini_set('display_errors', 'on');

define('_PS_DEBUG_SQL_', true);

/* Compatibility warning */

define('_PS_DISPLAY_COMPATIBILITY_WARNING_', true);

}

else

{

@ini_set('display_errors', 'off');

define('_PS_DEBUG_SQL_', false);

/* Compatibility warning */

define('_PS_DISPLAY_COMPATIBILITY_WARNING_', false);

}

Thanks for your reply nemo. I'n not modify care files. It Suddenly happen.

Okay so now i'll try to upgrade to 1.5.6. now i use 1.5.4

I'm on backup process now

Hi my Friend! 

you have to update max_input_vars = 3500 in php.ini and the problem was solved. 

To me it has solved my problem as had many features in store and it seems to overflow

Regards, Jose

I have had this exact same issue for over six months now.  I have tried many, many fixes, but nothing seems to work.  My max_input_vars = 6000.

Has anyone actually solved this issue?

Jeff

I have about 72 features with thousands of feature options.  

if it's related to max input var, if you've got 72 features with thousands i thing that 6000 max input vars value is not enough

Vekia,

Sorry, I mistyped the max_inout_vars value.  I have it set at 60,000.

max_execution_time 600 600 max_file_uploads 20 20 max_input_nesting_level 64 64 max_input_time -1 -1 max_input_vars 60000 60000 memory_limit 256M 256M

I just found similar problem with my prestashop 1.6.0.9 and found found similar thing happened. Cannot "Save and Stay" or "save" on editted product

In my case, it is caused by the abnormal price I got on my product which exceed 16digits 24500000.00000

After deleting the decimals, it all good already. Now im still figuring to delete the remaining decimal on my price. as the currency used in the shop is not USD.

Hopefully it help

Same issue 

Please find screen shot als 

The price panel is showing nothing in product catalog 

This is happening after i updated my prestashop from 1.6.0.9 to 1.6.0.14

post-763997-0-82198600-1426160626_thumb.jpg

Edited by rohitsh511

Hello,

I am also having same king of issue.

When i go to edit any product , 'Save and Stay' and 'Save' button take too much time to load.

Also once loaded when i click on any of them, i get unable to connect page.

I am not getting it.

Recently i have changed the max_input_vars = 6000.

Please help.

I just found similar problem with my prestashop 1.6.0.9 and found found similar thing happened. Cannot "Save and Stay" or "save" on editted product

In my case, it is caused by the abnormal price I got on my product which exceed 16digits 24500000.00000

After deleting the decimals, it all good already. Now im still figuring to delete the remaining decimal on my price. as the currency used in the shop is not USD.

Hopefully it help

Just for future reference

This helped me a lot. We had the same problem with a shop that we are building where the products are imported from a feed. The problem in our case was caused by the SEO Meta description. The content was to long and therefor Save didn't work.

So if anyone faces this problem, check if your field values are valid. Just empty one by one a see when you are able to Save.

This is not the same problem as the spinning Save buttons. We had that too, but that was caused by to many attributes in combiantion with a to short PHP execution timeout. This problem should be solved in the most recent Prestashop version. (1.6.1.2 at this moment)

Hi there

i also am having the same Save Spinning problem on Presta Shop 1.6.1.7

i have duplicated an older site (www.procape.co.za) to another url (wwwdealstoday.co.za).
i am experiencing the Save Spinning problem on the duplicated site (dealstoday), but not on the original site (procape), which is running nice and smooth.
The duplicated site also takes very long to load the Admin Panel and not much faster for the front end.

The process of duplication is as follows:
i created a database on dealstoday via CPanel
i uploaded a back up of the Procape site to the new site (dealstoday) via Ftp
i then restored the Procape database to Dealstoday database and made the needed changes in - shop and shop url.
i then made the needed changes to the Settings.inc.php
The site worked, but very slow. i then realized later that i can not load new products because of the Save Spinning issue.

i then deleted the files in CPanel - Public Html and uploaded it again via Ftp.
That did not help, the problem stayed the same.
i then deleted the database and restored it again.
That also made no difference, the problem stayed the same.
i am also receiving this error when opening a product

(timeout)
A server error occurred while loading the tabs: some tabs could not be loaded.
Please try again by refreshing the page.
If you are still encountering this problem, please check your server logs or contact your hosting provider for assistance.

i have 1600 line items on the site, so it will take me about a month or 2 to reload all the products, so i am not looking at that option.

Anyone is welcome to come check out the Admin Panel, just let me know and i will create a temp login for them.

Thank you for the time

i hope this can be sorted out

Hi everybody,

I am facing quite the same problem as ctcamp but I haven´t duplicated the any site/template and also I haven´t add any products yet. Always when I try to add a new product the button is spinning and approximately after 30 sec I receive a timeout error.

My prestashop version is 1.6.1.7 and I do not have the site hosted on any external server, only at the local webserver. In a previous version I already managed to add products but I had other problems that´s why I decided to start completely new with the most up-to-date version of the shop.

Unfortunately now I am stucked and can´t continue due to this serios problem. I hope anyone can help me as like this the whole shop is useless!!!

Thanks a lot in advance for your help!

Hi there

i have deleted the shop (Deals Today) entirely and reinstalled the latest Prestashop Installation 1.6.1.7, the Save Spinning problem is still there, also the error

(timeout)
A server error occurred while loading the tabs: some tabs could not be loaded.
Please try again by refreshing the page.
If you are still encountering this problem, please check your server logs or contact your hosting provider for assistance.

still comes up too. It seems there is a problem in the Core of Prestashop.

i am not sure how to approach and solve this problem.

Please help

Thank you in advance

Check the Firebug console to see what error is occurring in the AJAX calls. It could be a file permissions error or a programming error. If you're sure all the required files exist and your directories are chmod 755 and files are chmod 644, then it must be a programming error. Edit config/defines.inc.php and change the value of _PS_MODE_DEV_ from false to true and you should get an error message on the Response tab of the AJAX call that is failing to help us debug the error.

Check the Firebug console to see what error is occurring in the AJAX calls. It could be a file permissions error or a programming error. If you're sure all the required files exist and your directories are chmod 755 and files are chmod 644, then it must be a programming error. Edit config/defines.inc.php and change the value of _PS_MODE_DEV_ from false to true and you should get an error message on the Response tab of the AJAX call that is failing to help us debug the error.

Hi there

The permissions seem to be fine as far as i can see

This is the error i see in Firebug

TypeError: $(...).filter(...).attr(...) is undefined

http://www.dealstoday.co.za/js/admin/products.js

Line 177

This is Line 177   -  current_tab = $(request.responseText).filter('.product-tab').attr('id').replace('product-', '');

The only error i see in regards to Debug Mode > true, is the Time out error i shared in the previous posts

Edited by ctcamp

Hi there

i managed to get this fixed by using the following settings below
Weirdest thing is that i do not have "Mcrypt Extension" installed
Even so, it is working this way, i am not quite sure why
Just want to mention that it is still loading a bit slow.

Performance-1-1.png
Performance-2.png

Performance-3.png

Performance-4.png
This settings i am using is in a new installation of 1.6.1.7
It seems unconventional, since the older Prestashop installation (Procape) has total different settings in the Performance
i will now duplicate the shop again and see if it works after i added all the needed data

Edited by ctcamp

Dear all,

Thank you very much for your feedback so far.

After the timeout error I was checking the log-file and it seems that the error is due to folder/file permissions in the following path: prestashop/cache/smarty/

I was Reading to change the permissions for the 2 subfolders appearing in the folder "smarty" to the value 755 and for all files to 644. Unfortunately I am using Windows 7 and a localhost (wampserver), therefore I do not have any idea how to change the corresponding permissions (via FTP it is not posible/working and I was reading that chmod is not working on Windows).

Is there any possibility to change these permissions on Windows system and if yes, how it is working? Do I have to take into consideration the changes when uploading the page after finalization to go online (e.g. undo changing permissions due to security reasons)?

Thank you very much once more.

Remove the following lines from the file /adminXXXX/themes/default/template/controllers/products/helpers/form/form.tpl: https://github.com/P...m.tpl#L252-L254

Hi there

Thank you, this also worked for me. i would just like to find out, my new site - www.dealstoday.co.za - now stops spinning, but it takes a couple of minutes, is there anything else i can change to speed it up somewhat.

Thank you again

Blessings

Remove the following lines from the file /adminXXXX/themes/default/template/controllers/products/helpers/form/form.tpl: https://github.com/P...m.tpl#L252-L254

Seems to work on PS 1.6.0.9, hope it holds! Thank you very much!

Had this kind of bug suddendly: instead of saving edits inside products, I was thrown out of it, at the catalogue page... Just to know, what this change does?

I am experiencing a very annoying situation. Whenever i edit the product, after I press save and stay, it doesn't work and takes me to product catalogue page. In the top, changes saved bar doesn't appear. I am now unable to change prices. Can you please help me out? My website is on cloudflare.

where to find this path /adminXXXX/themes/default/template/controllers/products/helpers/form/form.tpl: ? I can't find this on the control panel.

Just connect to your server via FTP and navigate to that folder (adminXXXX is your prestashop install folder, you renamed it to something else after installing PS)

PS 1.6.1.9 is out, which fixes this issue. If possible, I'd recommend to just upgrade to this version instead of manually modifying that file. 

Regrettably, upgarding to 1.6.1.9 does not fix the problem for me.

i have tried adding the code below in again, but that does also not help.

},

submitHandler: function(form) {

form.submit();

},  

i am thinking of reverting back to 1.6.1.7

i will keep you up to date as to if it works on 1.6.1.7

Edited by ctcamp

After reverting back to 1.6.1.7, i still have the same problem

i am posting the error i am getting on the error log in CPanel.

Would greatly appreciate any input on this error

Thank you in advance

[Thu Nov 10 16:34:10 2016] [error] [client 197.93.152.183] (12)Cannot allocate memory: couldn't create child process: /opt/suphp/sbin/suphp for /home/f3143995/public_html/index.php, referer: http://dealstoday.co.za/Henque/index.php?controller=AdminProducts&id_product=11&updateproduct&token=08bb03d1f865f2afdcbac139475d1541
[Thu Nov 10 16:34:10 2016] [error] [client 197.93.152.183] (12)Cannot allocate memory: couldn't create child process: /opt/suphp/sbin/suphp for /home/f3143995/public_html/Henque/index.php, referer: http://dealstoday.co.za/Henque/index.php?controller=AdminProducts&id_product=11&updateproduct&token=08bb03d1f865f2afdcbac139475d1541