Forum update: List of issues since maintenance late night on Sunday September 1st

PrestaHeroes USA

Question

As we can see the last x new posts on the forum has gone missing.

Anyone else miss that nice function.

I've also had some bad follow notifications:

I can't post the screen shots as now I get

Sorry, but you have posted more images than you are allowed to

the link results in

09.02.2013-07.03.png
http://screencast.com/t/ATYIA2NG

Happy labor day

• Like 1

86 answers to this question

Let me continue: This is a quote of http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/271906-forum-update-list-of-issues-since-maintenance-late-night-on-sunday-september-1st/?view=findpost&p=1363100:

Test attachment

Just plain text!

This is an inserted text quote by using the quote button oft the editor:

I'll try and fix the "Newest posts" ASAP and the image posting as well.

Just plain text with a formatted headline. Again the border and color is missing.

And finally this is how CODE is displayed after using the code button:

<tr>
 <td style="padding: 0.5em 0 0.5em 0.5em; background-color: #ebecee;">{delivery_block_html}</td>
 <td style="padding: 0.5em 0 0.5em 0.5em; background-color: #ebecee;">{invoice_block_html}</td>
</tr>

In the latter case border, color and format are displayed just after pushing the SEND button  - before this just plain text. :(

If you want to add a quote you ought to be careful now because the post will be totally overwritten with the quote - which is a new experience too.

Edited by eleazar (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Xaiver and I are not able to Edit our "About Me" section. Can a Moderator confirm/deny this?

Yep, though editing is possible changes aren't saved and there's no error message.

Users can view their own "warnings" on your profile in detail.

Is new or is it a bug or bad configuration? (Before only seen by the moderators)

Sorry for my English,

Precisely: Users who have a warning level or had one in the past. All other users don't see their warn level. Perhaps this helps to fix the bug.

• Bullet 1
  • Bullet 2
  • Number 1
  • Number 2
Test.

Also, whenever I add a code. and then Edit it to remove the code.. It does not allow me to delete it.

Test Code

= '1.5.0'){ $xhrf = $_POST['product_id']; $pids=substr($_POST['product_id'], strpos($_POST['product_id'], '=')+1, strlen($_POST['product_id'])); $pids=(int)preg_replace('/[^\-\d]*(\-?\d*).*/','$1',$pids); $pids="AND p2.id_product = ".$pids; }else{ $xhrf = $_POST['product_id']; $ids =

I noticed that in posts, where it has been liked, no longer shows who liked the post.

also I still don't see the last x new posts at the top of the forum.  This really made it easy for current active community member to monitor new posts and I think really amazed some posters how fast they received a response.  Now as it stands we now look through sections looking for new posts.

one little issue with unapprove post:

nothing happens but when i go back to the thread list - thread disappear

so i suppose, when i unapprove posts - it is no longer available ?

is there any chance to change it as it was / worked before?

I can confirm that this happened to me. However, I want to clear up one thing Milos.

When you say the thread "disappear" do you mean it is unapproved? Or is it deleted totally? Are you able to see the "(red tinted) unapproved threads?

Unapproving posts seems to work now. But not like it was before the update. It's a bit confusing that currently the site doesn't refresh automatically after unapprovement of a post. It seems that nothing happens. When you return to the topic just by chance you realize that the unapprovement did work. Sucks.

In contrary 'delete' doesn't work for me lol. Im not allowwd to which means even double posts by mistake cannot be deleted.

Here's another bug: If you try to compose a new PM, a fancy box opens where the left margins are missing. You have to always to choose full editor for normal look and function.

Hi, still no listing of new posts...

I also noticed that before the upgrade if I clicked the title of a post it would take me to the start of the thread and if more than one thread and I clicked on last poster it would take me to that post.

Now when I click the title of the post it takes me to the latest  'new post'...when it should take me to the start of the post.

Make sense?

09.09.2013-06.42.png
http://screencast.com/t/NiRxABssNyJ

I can not update information in my profile: I click "Edit my About Me page", change information there and save, but data is not save

I am unable to edit and save the 'about me', to add insult to injury some of my images no longer display and I can not change them...

Hey guys, these issues have already been reported in a previous post. Thank you!

Hello guys,

This forum seems to be with a new format and I'm having trouble visualize its page. I use Google Chrome and sometimes Firefox, but lately the forum page is loading with a horrible appearance, unconfigured, a real mess. I tested it in IE 9 and it seems the forum page loads normally. But I do not like using IE 9 because I've had problems with it before and I prefer the Google Chrome or Firefox. So, is there any solution? Thanks!

i've got the same problems right now, sometimes it works, sometimes not

This behaviour is shown in all windows-based browsers (Chrome, IE and Firefox) though it just appears in every forum's and subforum's main page. If you choose a single thread the display changes to a normal view.

Apple's OS doesn't show this effects. My Ipad's display is totally normal.

Maybe it's better to modify the forum software on a Windows PC and adapt it to a Mac later. ;)

fixed yet?

two problems  that I think are critical?

can't post images

Let us know, then I will stop my self imposed strike. :)

So I'm still sweating through learning Prestashop but when it comes to running Invision Power Board (the software the forum uses), I am a bit more up to speed.

So Senior Patron, 

you can't upload images because there is a limit to the memory you can use for images aka attachments.  Go to this section of the forum, you section, and see your used and still available memory:

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=usercp&tab=core&area=attachments

Brian

So I'm still sweating through learning Prestashop but when it comes to running Invision Power Board (the software the forum uses), I am a bit more up to speed.

So Senior Patron, 

you can't upload images because there is a limit to the memory you can use for images aka attachments.  Go to this section of the forum, you section, and see your used and still available memory:

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=usercp&tab=core&area=attachments

Brian

This is not an attachment issue, it's an issue of having imbedded images through things like copy/paste and thumb nails via snagit.  If I was required to browse/upload/attach screen shots to help in posts...well I just would not do it.

Also I think my attachment allotment increased with my mod powers.

p.s. No shirt, no shoes, no service

thanks anyway

That is very nice news :) Always good to have an IPB connoisseur close-by!

I have linked 7 images on a "topic", and when I posted, the system tells me I have exceeded the limit. (Pictures are linked from my hosting, no images attached)

Sorry for my English.

I've pushed the "number of images per post" limit back to 20, enjoy!

• Like 1

anyone else notice a reduction in spam, looks as though the upgrade helped in this regard as well...

as for x latest posts...

having to f5 to see it..and/or clearing cache...like on the forum...is not much of a fix :)

The spam reduction is not only due to new security and spam patches from the update, but also from our own firewalls and blacklists to prevent spammers from posting.

Also, I have yet to see the issue with %s on my notifications. Any idea how to reproduce?

The spam reduction is not only due to new security and spam patches from the update, but also from our own firewalls and blacklists to prevent spammers from posting.

Also, I have yet to see the issue with %s on my notifications. Any idea how to reproduce?

re %s, I see this whenever nadie posts and I have a notification of new post...this before upgrade...

It seems, someone's already found a solution. :)

Looked for these posts 2 minutes ago - and now they're to be found where they should be - unapproved. Really, Benjamin, I swear, they were not there this morning!

I wonder if it is some caching issue. It is strange behavior and I don't think this happened before the update. I wonder how, if possible, to reproduce and resolve. 

Two more a bit annoying bugs concerning the bullet format:

1. It's still not possible to format a link list with bullets. If you modify an existing list, the links vanish.

2. If you mix text and code window, bullets change to normal formatted text, but the text color of the first line

changes from grey to black.

Please, fix the %s notification problem x) (i know, it won't fix itself but...).

Use the forum is so complicated now :(

When i get a notification, i have to :

1. Go in the notification center
  2. Click on the notification's user avatar
  3. On his profil, click on "Messages" (in french, sorry)
  4. And looking for the post where i answered (often his last post, but not always...)

Or at least, on the notification "popup list", make a link on the avatar to the user profil.

Thanks x)

Edited by Szed (see edit history)

Two more a bit annoying bugs concerning the bullet format:

1. It's still not possible to format a link list with bullets. If you modify an existing list, the links vanish.

2. If you mix text and code window, bullets change to normal formatted text, but the text color of the first line

changes from grey to black.

attachicon.gifGrab179.jpg

Sorry, Benjamin, for confusing what I actually wanted to say. Not the link itself vanishes, but  the bullets disappear after saving the post. And that happens even if you modify former existing links with bullets.

Yes, I tested it and you are correct. I added it to the list of issues that we are working hard to investigate and fix.

Thanks a lot :)