Date picker needed

moonmosaic

• 4 weeks later...

Yes, I am still looking for this module. Right now I just update the carrier from the backoffice to reflect different dates.
I was looking for a calendar on the shipping page before you get to the payment section.
That would save me the hassle updating the backoffice every day.

requirements:

calendar in shipping page, after selecting a date, with ajax available hour intervals appear.

from the admin - possibility to select available dates (! for weekends, christmas etc...)
- possibility to set up available time intervals: 09:00-12:00 and 13:00-18:00 for instance for weekdays (mo-su)
- possibility to set up available time intervals for specific dates - christmas we deliver only till 12:00

is that ok?

do you need other features? modifications?

I have a flowershop, www.gulfportflowershop.com and we deliver same day if ordered before 2pm.
Deliveries for sunday should be booked the day before but it isn't so important as most people don't want to pay the extra for sunday delivery anyway.

After 2pm I manually delete the day from the backoffice. Pain in the back but it works for my customers.
This is what what shipping page looks right now.

Let me know if you need more info, thank you.

11243_NTw9UeJ5rigtOP6m144T_t

requirements:

calendar in shipping page, after selecting a date, with ajax available hour intervals appear.

from the admin - possibility to select available dates (! for weekends, christmas etc...)
- possibility to set up available time intervals: 09:00-12:00 and 13:00-18:00 for instance for weekdays (mo-su)
- possibility to set up available time intervals for specific dates - christmas we deliver only till 12:00

is that ok?

do you need other features? modifications?

I need a date picker, times doesn't really matter.
Have you created something like this?

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Can this be set to 3 months range so that the customers can order ahead of time up to three months? And can this be set for individuate product as the delivery date and the cut off time in my shop for each products are different.

1. it can be set 3 month ahead or any other amount of time
2. can't be set for individual products - this is to be discussed - how you want to handle multiple products? choose a validation date in product page, or keep the same setup but list the products and beside them add a calendar?

As you can see no. 2 is a custom setup and I can't include it for now unfortunately.

If you hook it in the product page, just like the customization, it will solve the muti-purchase problem. When the customers add the date for the product, it will add it in the cart block and they can continue shopping...

And if you can set it in the back office for each category like category 2, the cut off time is 12:00pm, and can only be delivery on Monday to Friday, and category 3, the cut off time is 13: pm and only be able to delivery on Tuesday to Friday so on. then each category will have individual cut off time and delivery time. It is even better. This is very important for restaurant. They have different offer for the week of the day.....

Is this a module? Is everything control in the back office? Do I set the range and configuration in the back office? Can you provide images how the back office looks? When the customers add the date, where is the data go? I don't see it in the cart block... How can the customer verify if they pick the right day. The date has to be showed up in the cart block and the shipping summery page.

I can add that for you - during today or tomorrow morning

please note that I will not include in the package that you download after you buy the script.
I will send the files separatly just to keep the modified core files to a minimum. Maybe not all want this modification.

• 11 months later...

you are right, the module is not free (I am fulltime freelancer and this is how I earn my salary) but I didn't initiated this thread so it's the right place here: "Third party modules"

I just wanted to help the person who asked. The price is very affordable for what it offers, that's why I thought it will help someone by recommending my product.

For everyone who wants additional custom modifications which are not of general interest this is possible for an additional fee. For features of general interest just let me know and I will add in the module itself.

Hello.
I've just tested your module and I'm interested.
But I need to obtain, from clients, time of delivery as well. And I need both (time and date) appearing in orders and mails.
Could you modify, and how much would it cost for those modifications ?

Thank you

it already has this features - after you choose a date the selection time box is appearing using ajax.

in the admin following the instructions from the product page you can customize time interval for each day from Monday to Sunday

• 8 months later...

Yoda and google-friend the module starting next week will have a "first available delivery day" per product / category (product will overwrite settings for categories)

It will be available for versions 1.4 of presta, I can make it work for 1.3 also but will need to overwrite some core files, and won't include it inside the commercial version not to overcomplicate things.

• 2 months later...

Is there a way to make this picker usable on product page?

I'm selling day tours and need to get people to select the day which they wish to do the tour.

I'd also like it to appear in the cart as stated above.

Can you help?

I hope you'll still see this!

• 2 weeks later...

I would love it if this module would allow someone to book appointments into slots.. I teach scuba and would love to have anyone purchasing my open water class online to be able to book the available class dates. It would need to limit the class size and allow multiple instructors to put in their schedules. Right now this is manual but we have 7 instructors. One of my divemasters started a program to do this but it has real hiccups.. but may be a good starting point. It was written outside of Prestashop but I will share the code if you email me and are willing to help me out. I am fresh outta JavaScript basic class and have been tinkering a bit. If I get it rolling and integrated into Prestashop as a module I will certainly share it free.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I've actually figured this out and coded into my site below.

It was difficult, i had to edit global.css ; product.tpl (in theme folder) and use the customisation tool and slightly edit it.

A guide for anyone;

I used the customisation tool (customisation in product edit) to create a required text box for all products - although you have to do it for each product. Left alone this opens a text box that info must be entered in before ordering, so initially i had people just typing their required date in and it would then save it and appear below the product in the cart and also on the confirmation pages.

I then edited global.css to only give the text box 1 column (it originally has four giving a huge text box).

I then added the jquery calendar picker to the product page and made the customisation text box call the calendar, thus customers now click on the calendar and it enters the date. Then it appears alongside it in cart as above.

The code is quite lengthy, so if anyone wants it i can dig it out and try and annotate it for you - although i'm quite the code noob!

tvicrdotcom - there is a module for sale that requires a delivery date to be entered that radu designed, it's earlier in the thread. That might work for you and be less risky than the above.

Hope that helps.

Edited by PeteAH (see edit history)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello to everyone,

I am also open for feature requests, comments etc...

I try to make the price as low as possible but if it appears too expensive for you it's nice to let me know

I have a post opened for support and suggestions, I updated it with the newest modifications I just made

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/37380-module-datetime-datepicker-module-for-shipping-page/

For now the latest modifications added are for 1.5.* only

• 3 years later...