PrestaShop 1.4.7.3 Search suddenly not working within last few days

I have PrestaShop™ 1.4.7.3 in my website www.technicapc.com for more than 6 months and working fine so far, except within last few days, suddenly the product search function at the top of the Front Office Homepage not working.

Any word product typing in the search box will not show any product result.

While the search function in the Back Office is still working fine.

Any Senior Presta addict can help me pleaseee?

Thank you.

@Nemo1 : Yes you are correct.

Finally I found someone that understand my case.

Within this month, I did nothing except adding new products to the catalog and then suddenly the search function in the Front Office doesn't work.

Your solutions seems complicated but I will try to do as your instruction step by step.

I will update again if everything's solved.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi,

This happened with the very same version of prestashop to a customer of mine.

I bet you added new products to the catalog, correct? If so, it might be the same thing.

Login to your phpMyadmin and look for the *prefix_*search_index table. If it's empty, the search class might be crashing on index rebuild.

This is due to a wrong character encoding. Verify these things. If all of the above assumptions are corerct, you have to edit the search.php class file.

This happens because Prestashop uses an exact copy of Drupal's search module to manage allowed characters.

At about line 56 of that file, locate "x{d800}", and replace it with "x{e000}". Now, rebuild the index, it *should* work.

Hope this helps

Hi Nemo1!

Thank you sssssooooo much for your fix! Works like a charm! :)

Hi,

I bet you added new products to the catalog, correct? If so, it might be the same thing.

Login to your phpMyadmin and look for the *prefix_*search_index table. If it's empty, the search class might be crashing on index rebuild.

This is due to a wrong character encoding. Verify these things. If all of the above assumptions are corerct, you have to edit the search.php class file.

This happens because Prestashop uses an exact copy of Drupal's search module to manage allowed characters.

At about line 56 of that file, locate "x{d800}", and replace it with "x{e000}". Now, rebuild the index, it *should* work.

Hope this helps

it didn't work for me on prestashop 1.4.4.0

search doesn't work

what else must i do? :(

I did rebuild index after changing search.php

but search doesn't work any way

problem already solved :)

Edited by July2010 (see edit history)

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Hope this helps

You save my day!

Hello,

I run v1.5.4.1,

I have installed 1 language, Duch.

I think, when I install an another language, I have also to make this on, on every product.

When I go to Products, click on the flag, then the product come up by searching, but I can't do that for the whole products!

My search.php, have another structure and have no code as above discribled.

How can I fix this?

Best Regards,

Generaal

• 1 month later...

Hello i have the same problem =( search suddenly stoped working in front end

I have prestaShop 1.4.8.2

I have tried rebuilding the index but still not working.

Back Office-Preferences-Search-Re-build entire index

i didnt changed anything in setings.........

i have tried reseting the search module.

search works correctly in BO

i wanted to follow the steps to fix this using help tutorial from NEMO1 anyhow thanx to helping us,,, but i am not sure how to do it

only one search.php i found in root where also index.php is located but in this search.php file i dont have line 56 only till line 29

line 28............require(dirname(__FILE__).'/config/config.inc.php');

line.29 .............ControllerFactory::getController('SearchController')->run();

dont know what to do.Please help me someone

Thank you

Greetings from Maria

• 4 weeks later...

Hello i have the same problem =( search suddenly stoped working in front end

I have prestaShop 1.4.8.2

I have tried rebuilding the index but still not working.

Back Office-Preferences-Search-Re-build entire index

i didnt changed anything in setings.........

i have tried reseting the search module.

search works correctly in BO

i wanted to follow the steps to fix this using help tutorial from NEMO1 anyhow thanx to helping us,,, but i am not sure how to do it

only one search.php i found in root where also index.php is located but in this search.php file i dont have line 56 only till line 29

line 28............require(dirname(__FILE__).'/config/config.inc.php');

line.29 .............ControllerFactory::getController('SearchController')->run();

dont know what to do.Please help me someone

Thank you

Greetings from Maria

The search.php you need to change is in Classes folder, not in root. Cheers.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi,

Hope this helps

That worked for me too, however I do not remember that I was adding anything to the catalog recently.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Hi,

Hope this helps

excellent!!  fixed!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Hope this helps

Thanks for your help.... fixed! :)

WOW, the exact same problem Ive been having since migrating my site from an old server and an old version of PHP to a new server with 3 different PHP options available to choose from...

Ive tried everything suggested here, even switched between different php versions 5.3.28, 5.4.30 and 5.5.14 to no avail...

would amybody know if the settings below might have any affect on the search?

When I enter a search item on front end and press search it just goes to a blank page.

PHP implementation
green_16x16.gif?%7B$webgate:product-vers
Shared hosting PHP (5.3.28)
  CGI support
On
  SSI support
On
  Error Documents
On
  Webalizer Web Statistics
On
  WAP support
On
  Consolidated HTTP/HTTPS Folder
grey_16x16.gif?%7B$webgate:product-versi
Off

thanks in advance

Steven

WOW, the exact same problem Ive been having since migrating my site from an old server and an old version of PHP to a new server with 3 different PHP options available to choose from...

Ive tried everything suggested here, even switched between different php versions 5.3.28, 5.4.30 and 5.5.14 to no avail...

would amybody know if the settings below might have any affect on the search?

When I enter a search item on front end and press search it just goes to a blank page.

PHP implementation
Shared hosting PHP (5.3.28)
  CGI support
On
  SSI support
On
  Error Documents
On
  Webalizer Web Statistics
On
  WAP support
On
  Consolidated HTTP/HTTPS Folder
grey_16x16.gif?%7B$webgate:product-versi
Off

thanks in advance

Steven

turn on debugging then try a search.

to turn on debugging:

edit config/defines.inc.php

find this line:  define('_PS_MODE_DEV_', false);

change it to define('_PS_MODE_DEV_', true);

save and try the search.  Then it will give you the error.

turn on debugging then try a search.

to turn on debugging:

edit config/defines.inc.php

find this line:  define('_PS_MODE_DEV_', false);

change it to define('_PS_MODE_DEV_', true);

save and try the search.  Then it will give you the error.

I did this as requested however when I tried it and entered something to search and hit enter I just got a blank page...

as I was already getting... this really has me baffled, do you think if I did the upgrade to 1.4.11 it might help?

• 2 weeks later...

Lads, Im a step closer, I have updated PS to ver 1.4.11

changed line 56 as described in previous posts from d800 to e000

rebuilt index

cleared cache

now when I type in search box I am getting some options (looking good)

but when I click a product all im getting is a page with my header etc but no products shown...

even if I manually go to a product and click on it to view details all Im getting is

the header of the site but nothing else

any thoughts? Please, im desperate and the boss is not impressed

Steven

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

:ph34r: Nemo1 :ph34r: - You are an excellent human being and a Prestashop [spam-filter]. Thank you so much for finding and publishing this resolution. My hosting company moved servers recently and I think this search issue was the result.

Thanks again and have a beer...or coffee, whatever you prefer :)

Edited by christillis (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi,

Did anyone solve it in 1.6.1.1?

I have indeed been adding a lot of products in the shop lately. The search was running very well a few day ago

The product search is not working well neither in the back-office.

I have re-build the index.

I have searched in the search.php class file, there is no X800 string.

I have searched into the php tables, there is no *prefix*_search_index table. In fact there is no *search* table.

Please help!

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Hello, I have the same problem, I have presta 1.5.6.1 the "search_index table" isn't empty, and the file "search.php" in folder public_html/classes has the "x{e000}" at line 55, in preferences->search (menu) I saw that have Indexed 2611 / 2611 products and I have make reindex, with no results, what can I do?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I have the same problem, I have presta 1.5.6.1 the "search_index table" isn't empty, and the file "search.php" in folder public_html/classes has the "x{e000}" at line 55, in preferences->search (menu) I saw that have Indexed 2611 / 2611 products and I have make reindex, with no results, what can I do?

Same like him , anyone for a solution ? :)

I have bought this module https://codecanyon.net/item/prestashop-search-module-instant-search-with-ajax-search/11783353?_ga=1.146151924.1332158038.1481282570 and I have a moderate solve, they have very good support, if you want you can take a look at my site "https://www.loly.gr/" and if you like the search, you can buy the same module. I have search a lot for a differed solve but nothing.