Best free Prestashop hosting for testing?

There are a lot of options for free hosting, but most/all of them are ad-supported and have significant limits. You'll probably run into some memory issues with free hosting and PrestaShop.

You might want to try something like XAMPP: http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp.html until you are ready for an actual hosting account - which will let you run PHP/Apache/MySQL locally on your computer.

• Like 2

I would have to say you get what you pay for. If you are going to just play with it and test it on your computer download a wamp stack. If you are going to have a store spend the money on good hosting so you don't have headaches.

I would have to say you get what you pay for. If you are going to just play with it and test it on your computer download a wamp stack. If you are going to have a store spend the money on good hosting so you don't have headaches.

What do you mean with good hosting? Disk space, mysql,....?

Good hosting is servers with less accounts on them so you get more processing time. If two companies have the same exact servers but one hosts 10k sites on it they can charge a $1 an account. But if one chooses to host only 1k sites on it, they would need to charge more money per account to make money.

• 1 year later...
You can test with my host YOORshop which is really good in term of speed, with “30 days money back guarantee”...

They show examples of client with their websites, this is really representative :

They use Hybrid SSD technologies with CloudLinux and many server cache and PHP modules....

• 3 months later...

I've just moved from Yoorshop to an own VPS Cloud at OVH (Yoorshop is OVH hosting), and have now better performance experiences. ;-) But well, not everybody has the knowledge for to install, configure and manage an own server.

From my experience:

If you are only testing Prestashop than use "localhost".

If you want to host Prestashop than take a VPS package for to be flexible. It could be one managed by the hoster or one managed by yourself.

The best hosting is one managed by your provider if you don't have enough knowledge on how to install and configure a server, so take a package with root privileges and you are free to make adaptations by yourself on server settings with own php.ini for example.

OVH is also acting in US.

BTW the topic is: best FREE Hosting. There are none. Localhost (XAMPP for ex.) is the only one free reliable, but it is not at all a hosting and only for to play locally.

Other possibility: you can give a try to Prestashop Cloud. This is free hosting, but with restrictions. You can use the software out of the box without any knowledge. Only install, configure and use. BUT as I said there are several restrictions you can read in Prestashop Cloud Forum section: https://www.prestashop.com/forums/forum/260-prestashop-cloud/

Edited by selectshop.at (see edit history)

hi,

I can't let say this : (Yoorshop is OVH hosting) for 2 reasons :

YOORshop manages his dedicated servers at 100% in OVH datacentres, and we get the best performances we can for a shared hosting server.

We have a rating average of 4.9/5, whereas OVH has may be 2.8 by the time...

YOORshop answers your request on average in 30 minutes, and OVH let say 5-7 days minimum..

So no, this is nearly an insult to be compared with the kind OVH in comparison of their finished products (shared to VPS hosting offers).

Also, you opted for a full nginx server which is good choice as nginx is know for being the fastest server in the world, but much more complicated than apache ones.... You were using with us 25% on average of the power allocated, the point is that as a shared hosting server with cloudlinux + cpanel, we do not have the solution yet to implement 100% nginx for dynamic content with cloudlinux + cpanel, we are using for now a reverse proxy nginx... Nobody has yet in the world this config done '100% nginx for dynamic content', and we are working on it these days... we have found an expert for this, and now we work in the lab... exciting...

10th November 2015 : we use nginx proxy which serves also SSL (unique system cpanel compatible in the world upto today) + Lsapi as replacement of PHP handler... Speed improvement of 10-20% depending on website, it does not change a lot, but hard to get faster.. the rest depends very well on your website progs, and optimization...

pub pub pub...

I've just moved from Yoorshop to an own VPS Cloud at OVH (Yoorshop is OVH hosting), and have now better performance experiences. ;-) But well, not everybody has the knowledge for to install, configure and manage an own server.

From my experience:

If you are only testing Prestashop than use "localhost".

If you want to host Prestashop than take a VPS package for to be flexible. It could be one managed by the hoster or one managed by yourself.

The best hosting is one managed by your provider if you don't have enough knowledge on how to install and configure a server, so take a package with root privileges and you are free to make adaptations by yourself on server settings with own php.ini for example.

OVH is also acting in US.

BTW the topic is: best FREE Hosting. There are none. Localhost (XAMPP for ex.) is the only one free reliable, but it is not at all a hosting and only for to play locally.

Other possibility: you can give a try to Prestashop Cloud. This is free hosting, but with restrictions. You can use the software out of the box without any knowledge. Only install, configure and use. BUT as I said there are several restrictions you can read in Prestashop Cloud Forum section: https://www.prestashop.com/forums/forum/260-prestashop-cloud/

Edited by yoorshop
publicity kill publicity (see edit history)

Sorry yoorshop. Your topic is off-topic. The title of this topic is BEST FREE HOSTING. Yoorshop is a paid service and not a free one. Prestashop Cloud is free with several restrictions as mentioned, and the best free hosting is localhost, as stated here by several users.

Please don't add your marketing to each possible post. Thank you.

PS: you should read better what I wrote. I'm on VPS CLOUD, cause you are writing that VPS is not an option.Of course it is an option and faster as I had before on your server. Besides JS errors are gone now.

Edited by selectshop.at (see edit history)

• 1 year later...
I have just installed a fresh Prestashop 1.6.3 at Openshit for free allthough I am experiencing problems, I only can see the logo and a horizontal black strip, it is as if modules were not installed however back office works properly. This is why I end here in this topic. 

What do you think about Openshift for Prestashop? and what about my problem, any advice?

Have you checked out Cloudways? They are providing super fast SSD PrestaShop Hosting using DigitalOcean, Amazon (AWS), Google Compute Engine and Vultr Servers. They promise to get your site load in less than a second with their secret VMAN recipe to optimize the server performance.