Addons contributors, we need you!

Contributors : your feedback on Addons  

65 members have voted

1. 1. As a contributor, are you globally satisfied with Addons ?

Hi everyone,

In order to improve Addons experience for contributors, we would like to have your point of view on the current state of Addons.

Are you globally, as contributors, satisfied with Addons?

If not, could you give us the main reason it is not the case?

Thanks to only vote if you are indeed an Addons contributors.

As new addons user I feel quite pleased with it.

I think it can be improved if when registering a module, a developper contact could be added, and that contact be in charge of technical issues.

Actually If the addons account owner is not the developper, it's not easy for him to contact the prestashop team.

We've got a couple of modules posted on Addons, so I'll share my thoughts about it.

The thing I like about Addons is that it's a great place for contributors to post their works since it's really popular among PrestaShop users. That's pretty much all I like about it.

Now the drawbacks.

1. Module validation. One of the most annoying things on Addons for me personally. For me it always took ages to get my modules validated. If something doesn't work for the person who validates the module, I only get a short line telling me the module is broken and that's all. Furthermore, there's no way I can contact the actual person responsible for rejecting my module, so all what's left for me is to guess why it didn't work.

Furthermore, validation is also needed for every single update to the module! Now this is ridiculous. I can't fix a single typo in the description without having to wait. Moreover, when the module is updated and not yet validated, it gets removed from the listing and is not available for purchase, and this is just horrible. When the module gets removed from the listing because of every single update to it and then takes ages to become available again it makes me feel like not updating it at all.

I believe validating tons of modules every day isn't really convenient for you either. Something like "Report broken module" button for customers who actually purchased it that would alert Addons team of possible fraud or something like that would be a great alternative. This way trustworthy developers would be free of the endless and annoying validation issues and scammers would still be effectively banned.

2. Minimum price for the module. 30€ is too much. There are surely a lot of great and yet simple modules that won't ever appear on Addons just because it doesn't make sense to charge as much as 30€ for them, and yet the developer would still want to make some small profit from selling them. 10€ or 15€ would be more sane.

3. +Tx added to module price. So, I post my module to Addons for 30€, then find out it actually gets sold for 35,88 €. It's possible that many of the potential buyers would buy it for 30€, but not for 36€. There are a couple of alternatives here: either don't add tax at all, deduct it from the original price for each sale or at least display the final price (+Tx) when submitting a module so that contributors know what will the module eventually cost.

4. Huge commission fees. Now this one's really annoying. I don't know the precise percentage that PrestaShop deducts from every sale and if it differs depending on how much the module costs, but that's how much I get charged eventually: for every 35,88€ module sold I get 21,00€, so the commission here is almost 42%. Really, isn't it a bit too much to charge almost half of the amount as a commission? Especially considering the fact that I still have to do A LOT to withdraw my earnings.

5. Minimum of 100€ to withdraw the earnings and 45 days before "Total profit" turns into "Available profit". After all the fuss with validating every single update to every single module I still need to wait for one and a half months to prevent fraud (saw this explanation somewhere)? If I have 99€ available for 45 days with no sales and then I finally sell something, I need to wait for 45 more days before I can finally withdraw my earnings. Are you serious?

6. Invoices. After having waited for my modules to get validated, after having sold enough to reach the amount of 100€ and after having then waited for 45 days to be able to withdraw it, I would expect to be able to finally transfer my money to my PayPal account with a single click. No way. Instead, I have to create and submit a perfect invoice and then again wait for a random amount of time (last time it was a week) before I get paid. Really, all this process of getting paid takes more time than to write a module from scratch.

If you necessarily need this invoice, why not add all mandatory fields (address and stuff) to the "Commissions" form in the Seller account and then automatically generate an invoice when I withdraw my earnings. Seller information and the amount is the only thing in the invoice that differs, everything else is the same.

That's it.

We're also developing extensions for OpenCart and selling them through OpenCart store, and this is what you could take as an example. It gives you the freedom to update your contributions whenever you wish with the changes appearing instantly, it has the minimum price limit of $10, it takes 20% as commission fee and it withdraws your earnings automatically every month. Along with a simple and lightweight interface and an easy to use comments system it makes the system a perfect place to sell contributions.

Of course there are differences between laws in the USA and France that may prevent you from implementing some of their functionality, but I consider OpenCart extensions store an example of how a great contributions marketplace should look like.

Thanks for reading.

Cheers,

Martin

ffct.cc

• Like 7

Module validation. ...

it always took ages to get my modules validated...

Furthermore, there's no way I can contact the actual person responsible for rejecting my module...

...Validation is also needed for every single update to the module! ...

I can't fix a single typo in the description without having to wait...

+Tx added to module price. ...

or at least display the final price (+Tx) when submitting a module so that contributors know what will the module eventually cost.

45 days before "Total profit" turns into "Available profit"...

Invoices. ...

If you necessarily need this invoice, why not add all mandatory fields (address and stuff) ...

Martin

Really totally agree. I can't explain it better.

Here what I wrote a few weeks ago (Prestashop Forum: Your ideas and suggestions for our new Addons site)

Thanks for reading

Roberto Vitolo

The problems that I see at the Addons:

1) The feedback system does not work OK. Some of my clients are marked as "not purchased" the module, although they've pruchased it.

2) We must have the ability to update the module description without need of a long valiadation. I need to change some of the descriotions, but I don't want to wait a week for validation and the customer suffer from that,

3) We must have the ability to make small changes at the module .zip file without the need of validation. For example I needed to add one .htaccess file to prevent my readme.txt to be listed at the search engines, but again I don't want to run the whole validation process.

We need to have the oportunity to describe our changes when we update the module. This way we can describe the small changes and recommend the module to not be tested again as a whole, since nothing in the module itself is changed. May be a checkbox "cosmetic change" :) or something. This way we will save some time of the people that are validating already validated modules.

4) We need to have the ability to indicate if the module "uses overrides", because it some cases it requires additional attention to the customer. If 2 modules override the same files they'll have some more work than usual.

5) We need to have the ability to set the order of the screenshots. They are not uploaded in the order that we select them, and it a good idea the screenshots to be displayed in a specific order, like the "software box" first, then frontend, then backend, configuration, etc.

6) RSS feeds: 1 for modules, 1 for themes, 1 for recently updated modules, 1 for recently updated feeds.

7) Add some "Request a Feature" functionality where the users may request a specific feature and other to vote for that feature. This way we will know what customers want and will implement it for them.

8) Ability to search modules by supported PS version.

*) What is most important is to be able quickly to change the module description without the whole process of validation. If few customers ask for 1 think, I can add the answer at that description, but I can't do that very often, becasuse my module will be unavailable during the process of validation.

Hi there,

I have posted some of my suggestions but i will do it here too.

1. Huge problem is withdraw system, is too slow and unclear. When i send invoice often is not payed the next working day but it may be after 1 week (and i wait 15 days more after the 45 days as you say you wait after the ammount is avaliable). So when you actually make the payment the ammount avaliable is different, so you often request from us to remake the invoice.

My suggestion: Make Withdraw like on others big digital markes, when we request payment, do it witin 3 days and you make the invoice for us (like google and themeforest do).

OR

Make 2 dates for payment for example every month at 15 or 30th so we know when we get our money exactly.

2. Please make updating easy, do not take down the module while validating update. Also make possible to edit description and such without taking module down or wating for approval just to correct something in the description or screenshots.

3. Make support questions for addons visable for the public like on "Themeforest" sub forums for every theme/module so we can avoid dublicate questions over and over again, and also this way customers can see what are common problems and their solutions without having to contact developer.

4. Make a support forum for developrs where we can discuss and share information.

5. Make a clear requirments for approval and your way of testing so we can test it the same way before we submit for approval.

6. Ratings system also sells count visable would make things better for the customers.

Others:

Fees are fine and normal in my opinion. Minimum price could be removed.

You guys are great and doing awesome work and the fact that you ask for our opinion and trying to improve is the right way to go. Keep up the good work, and i'm sure you will see what developrs and customers require.

• Like 1

I have 3 modules published at the moment, and all i could say has already been pointed out by you guys. I voted NO, cause i totally agree with affect.

Plus, i've experienced the indecent dumbness of some guys of the validation team, providing not only little to no explaination for a rejection, but if they do, it's klingon. Seriously, do we have to learn french to communicate with that team? Most of the answers look like automatic translations.

Aside from this, the worst is the withdraw+tax. I think it's not fair to display the price tax excluded, and then charge it at the product screen, plus contributors (as affect pointed out) get only 58% of the final price, which is really breadcrumbs. Really. And why do we have to wait 45 days before getting the money? By the way, 45 days after the sale that made the total profit reach 100 euros? That's indecent. I understand the limit of 100 euros, but once got there, we should be able to get the money without further wait.

These're my 2 cents.

So, again: satisfied? NO, by no means.

I agree with Nemo1 about the validation team, some of the testers can't follow basic instructions, they don't explain much when they decline a module and there is no way to respond to a declined module.

I find the validation/update process quite troublesome as well. Updating the description, price, screenshots etc. should not require another round of validation.

I agree with Nemo1 about the validation team, some of the testers can't follow basic instructions, they don't explain much when they decline a module and there is no way to respond to a declined module.

I find the validation/update process quite troublesome as well. Updating the description, price, screenshots etc. should not require another round of validation.

Totally agree with this, in addition to the process of Payout is also taking too much time to actually getting money.

If prestashop says that they are converting total sale to available profit after 45 days of the sale and even if you request after 45 days with the help of Paypal Invoice, its taking almost one and a half week to get approved.

It means developer is actually not getting money after 45 days of sale but, almost near about after 60 days. This is really higher payout time as compare to other related marketplaces.

I hope prestashop will look forward into it, because its really the cause of concern.

• Like 1

I have re-submitted a module at the beginning of this week, it was already approved earlier and all I really did was to change the Prestashop versions supported as it was changed without my knowledge.

As of today, the module has been rejected several times, with a different reason each time. I still have not made any changes to the module itself, yet each time it is tested it is rejected for a different reason.

It is quite frustrating when the tester has no idea what he is doing, lacks the basic intelligence to read the instructions supplied by the module and just rejects the module.

And ı am still waiting for the module to be approved, the same module that was valid last week.

I have re-submitted a module at the beginning of this week, it was already approved earlier and all I really did was to change the Prestashop versions supported as it was changed without my knowledge.

As of today, the module has been rejected several times, with a different reason each time. I still have not made any changes to the module itself, yet each time it is tested it is rejected for a different reason.

It is quite frustrating when the tester has no idea what he is doing, lacks the basic intelligence to read the instructions supplied by the module and just rejects the module.

And ı am still waiting for the module to be approved, the same module that was valid last week.

Exact case in which my google advanced xml sitemap module has been rejected several times with different reason each time even if no changes has been done.

At last I have lost the hope to get my module listed on prestashop. :mellow: I had invested so much time and effort to develop that module.

I bought an addon, and have considered selling them too. But as a customer, my experience has been awful. I bought a module on Friday and it still says "awaiting validation" and I cannot download a much needed module. I have contacted them 3x and no response. I paid via paypal, so I don't know what's happening because nobody will respond.

A bad experience as a customer. If it were my module, I'd be upset that PS treated a customer like that.

Hi everyone,

Your suggestions have been taken into consideration. Thanks again for your feedback, you can still continue to participate.

I will try to update this topic with all the incoming changes.

Here is what has already been done:

• Template Monsters no longer appears on the home page.

• In the "New" tab, there are no more TM modules.

• In the "Themes" tab, there are no more TM themes.

This way your modules/themes should have more visibility.

• Like 1

Few more notes:

1) Remove the declining of modules, because they are similar or duplicate. Let the customers choose the module they want to purchase. If a developer publishes a crappy module, the other developers can't publish a similar one, but better written, documented & supported, just because someone was "first". If your rating system is good, then the customer will be able to pick the better of the two similar modules, based on the other customers feedback.

2) Add the developer name (chosen by the developer), so the customers may know who have developed the module.

3) Add "other modules from the same developer" functionality (even if you do not add the developer name from 2.) If I'm a customer and have purchased a module from a specific developer.

4) Add more detailed "Review" system, so the customers can rate the module (is it well documented, easy to use, etc), the developer feedback (how helpful was he).

5) Add a simple FAQ system for the modules. This way the module don't needs to be validated if I have just added one FAQ question/answer.

Hi Carl.

Yesterday I wrote this message via the main contact form on prestashop.com site but not received a response.

So now I write to you.

Yesterday my contribution "Blue Electronics store" was approved and appeared on the addons market, and I have some questions about this.

1. Why my theme is on the last position on the new themes page? Today it is already on the second page.

2. Why I can't find my theme with your filter, when select themes colors?

Thank you in advance for you reply.

Sorry for my message directly to you, but prestashop support works very bad and don't want to response to me.

Best regards

Hi everyone,

We have just uploaded an English guide for addons contributions. This guide should help you submit valid modules/themes and shorten the time needed to be validated. Do not hesitate to give us your feedback about it.

You can find the guide here :

http://www.prestasho...r-contributors/

@Marke, I have just seen your question, I am going to check with the Addons team.

Hi everyone,

I am glad to announce that some changes are coming to Addons.

First, in a couple of weeks you should find a new submission form for your modules/themes.

Some examples of the changes in the submission form:

- Select the countries in which you want to sell your modules/themes
- More fields for description + you can translate it in 12 languages.
- Better organization of the information (benefits for e-merchant and customer, features, etc.)
- Specify instructions for the installation. The same way you can now recommend things to check before installing the module/theme.
- Add video directly into your product page.

It will be a lot easier for you and for the customer to find the pertinent information regarding your module/theme.

Another good news that many expected: your module will no longer be unavailable when you update it.

And it is only a glimpse of what is coming!

• Like 1

- Select the countries in which you want to sell your modules/themes
- More fields for description + you can translate it in 12 languages.
- Better organization of the information (benefits for e-merchant and customer, features, etc.)
- Specify instructions for the installation. The same way you can now recommend things to check before installing the module/theme.
- Add video directly into your product page.

Another good news that many expected: your module will no longer be unavailable when you update it.

And it is only a glimpse of what is coming!

Hi Carl,

really glad reading that!

I can't wait to see.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Prestashop,

Thanks for your Reply, These modules and themes are still in functional validation for couple of weeks,

Here are the links for Modules

"http://addons.prestashop.com/en/slideshows/4455-newdemons-slideshow-banner.html"

"http://addons.prestashop.com/en/advertising-marketing/4453-newdemons-home-advertisement.html"

Links for Themes

"http://addons.prestashop.com/en/high-tech/4358-camera-shop-video-shop.html"

"http://addons.prestashop.com/en/fashion/4445-newdemons-fashion-shop.html"

Thanks in Advance

[email protected]

Glad to hear something is happening.

It would also be great if we had either a possibility to do a full preview before submitting or at least a rich text editor with description preview.

Currently it's a plain textarea that gets converted to HTML somehow after submission and since there's no preview I only see the final markup of the description after the module has been validated. In most cases it doesn't look like I expected so I need to edit and resubmit it and then wait for validation again.

Also, I'm somehow unable to make my module use a new icon. It gets uploaded correctly, then when the module is validated there's the old one again. For such cases it would be great to have a comment field for validation team so I can specify what exactly I have changed. Now I'll have to resubmit the module again just to try to make it use the new icon and I'm still not sure it will work.

Yes its great, however it seems with EN description form has some problems. UI of the short description seems broken and i'm unable to submit short, it returns error ot max 200 chars no matther what i type or if i leave it empty. And appear its broken only for EN.

Happens with FireFox 10.0.1 its fine with Chrome.

P.S. IT will be good to have sub-forum for developers. :)

First of all, I would like to say big THANKS to Prestashop team for great work (I'm a big fan since 1.2.5 version) and for an opportunity to sell my contributions.

Now the criticizing part ;-)

1) For me the biggest issue on addons portal is validation of further versions of my contributions. I develop mostly themes and I upgrade them with almost every new PS version to be sure that it's 100% compatible. This would mean lots of validation and waiting and the item is not available for sale during validation of changes, so at the moment I have to send new versions to clients via email. I noticed that new button "New zip" appeared in account few days ago, does it mean that the validation of new version is now more simple?

2) Another issue is, that since new changes of sorting templates were implemented, some attributes are not working correctly. For example for most of my templates the color checkbox doesnt work (there are only few themes with colors setup properly). I assume these color attributes get lost somehow, because I always filled them and even tried to update them, but it just doesn't work. Except colors, there are also problems with versions, sometimes the field "Compatibility" is wrong (PrestaShop v1.3 - v1.4 while its version 1.3), client is confused and buy old version of the theme.

3) I really miss the "filter by popularity" feature :-) At least more detailed rating system of developers and contributions would be nice, because I put a lot of effort into customer support, so it would be great if this is somehow rewarded. I think that rating would motivate the developers and it would be better for clients as well.

PS: I really like new UI changes in seller account, good work !

• Like 1

It seems like you're doing som updates on the site at the moment. It would be good if you could tell us contributors about this so we know why our modules takes ages to get validated and errors occur etc. For example, I would like to update one of my modules but I don't dare to do it since it's taking so long for you guys to validate it (meaning it will be off the market and neither of us will make any money).

So PrestaShop team, what's up? What's the plan?

Hello to everyone! Today I decided to withdraw my money from PrestaShop Addons but there was one error - "phone number is required". So I have typed my phone number at text field and sumbited withdraw button one more time but the error is still there! OMG! Anybody have such problem? I mail to support team but they almost never meet! Anybody help?

Hi,

This is my first time to withdraw the amount from addons.prestashop.com, My amounts are ready to withdraw. Can any one please give me some guide to withdraw and show me some samples of invoice. How many days it will take to withdraw after submitting the invoice?

[email protected].

Hi. Go to your account, select Transaction > Get your money. Select bankwire or paypal method. Additional instructions about PDF invoice will appear, so just follow them. Then upload you PDF invoice and that's it. I usually receive the money within 10 days.

Hi Bazze,

You can update your module. It is still going to be available on Addons during the validation process.

It is one of the new thing that has just been added.

That's great. You should summarize all new modifications and features and send it out to us contributors so we know what've changed.

One other thing that's confusing. When uploading a new zip file the system now detects the translations automatically but when creating a language file for a module you use the two letter iso code for the language (e.g. sv for Swedish) but the addons.prestashop.com upload expects it to be the two letter iso code for the country (e.g. se for Swedish). So if I have the sv.php file which stands for Swedish in my module it won't display the Swedish flag on the site but the flag of El Salvador since sv is the two letter country iso code for El Salvador. You must fix this! :)

Hi there,

I don't know what are next improvements Prestastore Team is going to do.

Anyway, I'd like to highlight these two elements I think should be added:

1. - Activation code for every module/theme for a single use.
  2. - I'd like to know reason why a customer decide to ask for a refuse (even after a long period).

I think these 2 elements are really connected each other. Don 't you?

Regards.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Prestashop,

There is Some problem in my account, few of my Themes are not showing on the product page. Two tick marks are there in technical and marketing column, if i click the detail icon it shows "Product not found". It is also not there in products page. Its a fast moving Theme, many customers bought the same but now its not available on the products page. Few of my customers are asking the link of the Theme, Can you fix the issue and make my Theme appear as soon as possible?

Here the link of my Theme,

http://addons.prestashop.com/en/high-tech/4538-Newdemons-Green-Electronic-Shop.html

http://addons.prestashop.com/en/fashion/4445-Newdemons-Fashion-Shop.html

http://addons.prestashop.com/en/high-tech/4358-Camera-Shop-Video-Shop.html

Hi Newdemons,

This topic is about suggestions to improve Addons.

You should directly contact Addons about this issue.

Thanks.

Carl, but if there no replies from their contact-form? Where we could find an example of such form for invoice?

Hello Carl,

What happened to addons prestashop Team, If i open my theme from my product detail icon its showing the themes detail, but when i go and find from hightech tab My theme is not there,

http://addons.prestashop.com/en/high-tech/4538-Newdemons-Green-Electronic-Shop.html

click this link and see the product details, but if you go and find in Hightech tab the product is not showing, Can u resolve the problem as soon as possible

Carl,

I am totaly disappointed with your addons prestashop team, Why its all happening to us only?

See these are the link not working what should i do now?

http://addons.presta...shion-Shop.html

http://addons.presta...-furniture.html

http://addons.presta...ronic-shop.html

http://addons.presta...Cloth-Shop.html

http://addons.presta...onic-Store.html

http://addons.presta...mart-phone.html

I have more than 15 themes in my account, I could not check everyday whether its working or not. Last time also i have posted this same problem, but its not appearing on the product page.

Hi everyone,

I hope you had a happy Easter weekend and that you did not eat too much chocolate. :)

@Newdemons, it should be fixed, can you confirm it that everything is ok for you?

Thanks Carl,

Everything is working fine except one theme "http://addons.prestashop.com/en/mobile-iphone/4538-Newdemons-Green-Electronic-Shop.html" If i open my theme from my product detail icon its showing the themes detail, but when i go and find from hightech tab My theme is not there, Kindly check the link

Hi,

we upgraded our "Banner (ads) uploader v2 + Extra" module. Now the module does not require core modification, so we did not select "Check this, if your module modify PrestaShop core" checkbox. But in addons front office and prestabox show, that this module request core modification. Why? How fix this?

Thanks

Hi Newdemons,

Your modules/themes have had no validation? Neither marketing nor technical?

About the new products page it seems to be refreshed quite often. I did not notice anything particular about it.

Let me ask the team about both issues.

Yes Carl,

we did not get any validation even for marketing and technical, both are in waiting, It was showing 8 days, but after 8th day it was declined, we did not get any mails or messages for why you declined. we reuploaded the zip file but now it is again showing 8 days. we dont know why it is not get validated without any bugs.

Two weeks back we uploaded one new jewellery theme its not yet validated, its still showing 3 days to validate. When will you validate our "New" theme after it is getting "old"?

Your validation team is not sending any mails after they decline a theme, how do we know the reason or how do we find the bug? Your validation team declined our Jewelry theam 10 days back, they didnt send any mails to us. we reuploaded it, again its showing 8 days to validate.

Here the link for the theme

http://addons.presta...elry-BX965.html

Mr. Carl,

Why no reply from your side?

http://addons.prestashop.com/en/beauty-jewelry/4994-Jewelry-BX965.html

We asked you to solve few issues that we mentioned in our last post since that we did not get any reply from you, totally we are disappointed with your support, How long should we wait for your reply? we have already deleted two of our new themes, because you did not validate it for the last 4 weeks. we really unsatisfied with your support, many thanks

Support Team

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

We've got a couple of modules posted on Addons, so I'll share my thoughts about it.

The thing I like about Addons is that it's a great place for contributors to post their works since it's really popular among PrestaShop users. That's pretty much all I like about it.

Now the drawbacks.

1. Module validation. One of the most annoying things on Addons for me personally. For me it always took ages to get my modules validated. If something doesn't work for the person who validates the module, I only get a short line telling me the module is broken and that's all. Furthermore, there's no way I can contact the actual person responsible for rejecting my module, so all what's left for me is to guess why it didn't work.

Furthermore, validation is also needed for every single update to the module! Now this is ridiculous. I can't fix a single typo in the description without having to wait. Moreover, when the module is updated and not yet validated, it gets removed from the listing and is not available for purchase, and this is just horrible. When the module gets removed from the listing because of every single update to it and then takes ages to become available again it makes me feel like not updating it at all.

I believe validating tons of modules every day isn't really convenient for you either. Something like "Report broken module" button for customers who actually purchased it that would alert Addons team of possible fraud or something like that would be a great alternative. This way trustworthy developers would be free of the endless and annoying validation issues and scammers would still be effectively banned.

2. Minimum price for the module. 30€ is too much. There are surely a lot of great and yet simple modules that won't ever appear on Addons just because it doesn't make sense to charge as much as 30€ for them, and yet the developer would still want to make some small profit from selling them. 10€ or 15€ would be more sane.

3. +Tx added to module price. So, I post my module to Addons for 30€, then find out it actually gets sold for 35,88 €. It's possible that many of the potential buyers would buy it for 30€, but not for 36€. There are a couple of alternatives here: either don't add tax at all, deduct it from the original price for each sale or at least display the final price (+Tx) when submitting a module so that contributors know what will the module eventually cost.

4. Huge commission fees. Now this one's really annoying. I don't know the precise percentage that PrestaShop deducts from every sale and if it differs depending on how much the module costs, but that's how much I get charged eventually: for every 35,88€ module sold I get 21,00€, so the commission here is almost 42%. Really, isn't it a bit too much to charge almost half of the amount as a commission? Especially considering the fact that I still have to do A LOT to withdraw my earnings.

5. Minimum of 100€ to withdraw the earnings and 45 days before "Total profit" turns into "Available profit". After all the fuss with validating every single update to every single module I still need to wait for one and a half months to prevent fraud (saw this explanation somewhere)? If I have 99€ available for 45 days with no sales and then I finally sell something, I need to wait for 45 more days before I can finally withdraw my earnings. Are you serious?

6. Invoices. After having waited for my modules to get validated, after having sold enough to reach the amount of 100€ and after having then waited for 45 days to be able to withdraw it, I would expect to be able to finally transfer my money to my PayPal account with a single click. No way. Instead, I have to create and submit a perfect invoice and then again wait for a random amount of time (last time it was a week) before I get paid. Really, all this process of getting paid takes more time than to write a module from scratch.

If you necessarily need this invoice, why not add all mandatory fields (address and stuff) to the "Commissions" form in the Seller account and then automatically generate an invoice when I withdraw my earnings. Seller information and the amount is the only thing in the invoice that differs, everything else is the same.

That's it.

We're also developing extensions for OpenCart and selling them through OpenCart store, and this is what you could take as an example. It gives you the freedom to update your contributions whenever you wish with the changes appearing instantly, it has the minimum price limit of $10, it takes 20% as commission fee and it withdraws your earnings automatically every month. Along with a simple and lightweight interface and an easy to use comments system it makes the system a perfect place to sell contributions.

Of course there are differences between laws in the USA and France that may prevent you from implementing some of their functionality, but I consider OpenCart extensions store an example of how a great contributions marketplace should look like.

Thanks for reading.

Cheers,

Martin

ffct.cc

100% AGREE WITH ALL POINT, ESPECIALLY WITH POINT #5

• 1 month later...

ok, to start everything we write to prestashop we dont have an answer.

Second I asked for money from my account and prestashop team take the monei from my account and I was not payed for.( I DID NOT RECEIVE MY MONEY ) and prestashop team dont answer me!!!

• 3 months later...

The first post in this thread is from 2011-12-23. OK. Some things are better in Addons but I believe that Addons services to contributors should be much much better after 18 months if it is true "we need you".