can not install prestashop 1.7

langziyang

Guys check if this post gives you any clue what you might be missing from extensions.

But again it could be something different.

Okay, these are the minimum requirements:
- PHP 5.4
- Certain folders have to be writable (but it warns for that in the proper way)
- GD library
- openssl 1.0.2 for RC2 (0.98 for later versions)
- PDO mysql (important one! support for mysqli and mysql has been dropped)
- zip (no longer part of Ondrej's PHP package for Ubuntu, has to be installed with e.g. apt-get install php7.0-zip)
- json (this is not checked by the installer. apt-get install php7.0-json)
- xml [DOMDocument and SimpleXML] (this is also not checked by the installer, uuuarrghhhh. apt-get install php7.0-xml)

If you use Ubuntu with Ondrej's PHP PPA, you can install the requirements with this command:
apt-get install php7.0-common php7.0-gd php7.0-mbstring php7.0-zip php7.0-json php7.0-imap php7.0-readline php7.0-curl php7.0-intl php7.0-opcache php7.0-xml php7.0-soap

Optionally install php7.0-fpm for nginx

I believe that you must also install php7.0-mcrypt, because that is being used again for several fallback methods

PS 1.7 requires CSPRNG PHP library.

This library is in PHP 7 by default, but not in the previous version of PHP.

For the previous version of PHP there's a porting of this library:

Just to test, I downloaded the library, then I've put the library in my web server (for me in home/xxxxx/)

Finally, I changed the index.php, /install/index.php, /admin/index.php, /admin/ajax.php, /modules/welcome/welcome-api.php by adding on top of each file the  require_once to the library file random.php:

require_once("/home/xxxxx/random_compat/random_compat-2.0.4/lib/random.php")

So I was able to install the PS 1.7

But I think we need the opinion of the PrestaShop team ...
I can not find the requirements to install the new version, I do not have php 7 and I think that most of you are in the same situation.

LAST MINUTE UPGRADE: you can add the require_once only at the top of config/config.inc.php :)
Edited by Pronesis (see edit history)

To install PS 1.7 you must upgrade your PHP version to 7.0. I encounter the same problem using PHP 5.4 but when I updated it to 7.0 I get rid of the error.

Now this is the error that I encounter:

1. Create database tables
An error occurred during installation...

You can use the links on the left column to go back to the previous steps, or restart the installation process by clicking here.

1. 1: Updating database schema...
  2. 2:
  3. 3:
  4. 4: [Doctrine\DBAL\Exception\DriverException]
  5. 5: An exception occurred while executing 'CREATE TABLE ps_translation (id_translation INT AUTO_INCREMENT NOT NULL, id_lang INT NOT NULL, `key` LONGTEXT NOT NULL, translation LONGTEXT NOT NULL, domain VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL, theme VARCHAR(255) DEFAULT NULL, INDEX IDX_ADEBEB36BA299860 (id_lang), INDEX `key` (domain), UNIQUE INDEX theme (theme, id_lang, domain), PRIMARY KEY(id_translation)) DEFAULT CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci ENGINE = InnoDB':
  6. 6: SQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation: 1071 Specified key was too long; max key length is 1000 bytes
  7. 7:
  8. 8:
  9. 9:
  10. 10: [Doctrine\DBAL\Driver\PDOException]
  11. 11: SQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation: 1071 Specified key was too long; max key length is 1000 bytes
  12. 12:
  13. 13:
  14. 14:
  15. 15: [PDOException]
  16. 16: SQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation: 1071 Specified key was too long; max key length is 1000 bytes
  17. 17:
  18. 18:
  19. 19: doctrine:schema:update [--complete] [--dump-sql] [-f|--force] [--em [EM]] [-h|--help] [-q|--quiet] [-v|vv|vvv|--verbose] [-V|--version] [--ansi] [--no-ansi] [-n|--no-interaction] [-s|--shell] [--process-isolation] [-e|--env ENV] [--no-debug] [--]   
  20. 20:
  21. 21:

Like Pronesis said it is problem with package paragonie/random_compat  And while I did not try 

with 2.0.4 version by folowing forge ticket http://forge.prestashop.com/browse/BOOM-1773 I

have replaced original with 1.4 version .

https://github.com/paragonie/random_compat/archive/v1.4.1.zip

So fix is to rename in folder  /vendor/paragonie random_compat to for example random_compat2.0 and make

new folder random_compat that will have content from v1.4.1.zip. 

After that install did not get stuck at 0% and worked for me without issues.

Also this is going to be fixed fast and I guess it will be in 1.7.0.1 relese that I

hope will berelesed soon.

• Like 3

Like Pronesis said it is problem with package paragonie/random_compat  And while I did not try 

with 2.0.4 version by folowing forge ticket http://forge.prestashop.com/browse/BOOM-1773 I

So fix is to rename in folder  /vendor/paragonie random_compat to for example random_compat2.0 and make

Also this is going to be fixed fast and I guess it will be in 1.7.0.1 relese that I

Thanks razaro,

with your workaround the installation works now. I didn't understand why that problem not solved in the final because as I said the problem known already since RC2. Crazy :angry:

• Like 1

Good news!

I have reinstall my vps and use another web control panel,and today to install the ps1.7 again,it is successful!

I have use centos7 apache2.4 php7.0  mysql5.6  enable the opcache and set memory limit is 1528M and max time 300s  and maxupload 50M

It is works.

• Like 1

Razaro,

your solution is not working for me....

this is where i am stuck... pls help and guide....

0%
  1. Create file parameters
An error occurred during installation...

You can use the links on the left column to go back to the previous steps, or restart the installation process by clicking here.

you are great!

you are great!

I followed :

with 2.0.4 version by folowing forge ticket http://forge.prestas...rowse/BOOM-1773 I

https://github.com/p...hive/v1.4.1.zip

It moved on 1 line...  the error didn't come with "create file parameters" but just after with Create database tables

I am getting tired of this new PS 1.7   

• 2 years later...