PS 1.7.0.0 RC2 wont install (Create file parameters)

a_smith

1700RC2, newly downloaded, installation failed on next step after the database connection.

It says 'Create file parameters' in red and the installation proces stops.

Dev mode is enabled but there is no log files in app/logs/ folder.

How can I know what stops the installator?

Hi,

I was able to install RC2 on my server without problem, but couldn't finish the installation on my localhost MAMP server and got stuck on Create File Parameters as well.

- PHP 5.6.25

- macOS Sierra 10.12

- MAMP PRO 4.0.5

- OpenSSL/1.0.2h

EDIT: My problem has been solved by increasing memory_limit to 512M

Edited by Andrej Stas (see edit history)

@Rho_bur,
Thanks for the link. It doesnt help me much. I have all those components already installed on my server.

I have been using PS for almost 4 years now. My stores has served almost 45K customers during this time.
I own my own VPS instances on my private server on which I host about 60 various websites. Most of them are ecommerse sites.

My server is not cheap machine from randomly chosen hoster. It is custom designed web server based on Debian distro.

Server configuration is well proven. I never had such issues with any other web based application as I have with PS1.7 now.

Yes, I do understand it is RC2 and not final version. But I am not a newbie.
PS1.7 doesn't install on the production server on which I had sucessfully installed tons of web projects during last 4 years.
Whats more seems that I am not alone with this issue. And you guys are not even interested to find out what possibly causes this (critical) issue.

Sorry devs, but your PS1.7 RC2 SUCKS.

Edited by a_smith (see edit history)

Same problem here with PHP 5.6.27

On my Plesk panel I got this log info:

Apache Error

AH01071: Got error 'PHP message: PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Defuse\\Crypto\\Exception\\EnvironmentIsBrokenException' with message 'Your system does not have a secure random number generator.' in /var/www/vhosts/mydomain.com/www/vendor/defuse/php-encryption/src/Core.php:110\nStack trace:\n#0 /var/www/vhosts/mydomain.com/www/vendor/defuse/php-encryption/src/Key.php(23): Defuse\\Crypto\\Core::secureRandom(32)\n#1 /var/www/vhosts/mydomain.com/www/classes/PhpEncryptionEngine.php(101): Defuse\\Crypto\\Key::createNewRandomKey()\n#2 /var/www/vhosts/mydomain.com/www/classes/PhpEncryption.php(97): PhpEncryptionEngineCore::createNewRandomKey()\n#3 /var/www/vhosts/mydomain.com/www/src/PrestaShopBundle/Install/Install.php(132): PhpEncryptionCore::createNewRandomKey()\n#4 /var/www/vhosts/mydomain.com/www/install/controllers/http/process.php(132): PrestaShopBundle\\Install\\Install->generateSettingsFile('127.0.0.1', 'xxxx', 'xxxx', 'test-17', 'ps_', 'InnoDB')\n#5 /var/www/vhos...\n', referer: http://www.mydomain.com/install/index.php

This issue was in RC2 and RC3

After changing to PHP 7 installation is OK.

Edited by mik@ (see edit history)

@a_smith, did you try with php 7? This solves the random generator issue.

Well... to this time I tried php 5.5 and 5.6

Now I changed to php 7.0.10 on my server.

And have this error message right away:

Fatal error:

Uncaught Error: Class 'ZipArchive' not found in /var/www/web-owner/data/www/mydomain.com/classes/Language.php:996

Stack trace:

#0 /var/www/web-owner/data/www/mydomain.com/classes/Language.php(942): LanguageCore::installSfLanguagePack('en-US', Array)

#1 /var/www/web-owner/data/www/mydomain.com/install/controllers/http/welcome.php(55): LanguageCore::downloadAndInstallLanguagePack('en', '1.7.0.0', NULL, false)

#2 /var/www/web-owner/data/www/mydomain.com/install/classes/controllerHttp.php(256): InstallControllerHttpWelcome->process()

#3 /var/www/web-owner/data/www/mydomain.com/install/index.php(39): InstallControllerHttp::execute()

#4 {main} thrown in /var/www/web-owner/data/www/mydomain.com/classes/Language.php on line 996

I dont get it. ZipArchive PHP module is enabled and loaded. From phpinfo:

ZLib Version 1.2.7

Stream Filter     zlib.inflate, zlib.deflate

Compiled Version     1.2.7

zlib.output_compression    On

zlib.output_compression_level    -1

Registered Stream Filters zlib.*, bzip2.*, convert.iconv.*, string.rot13, string.toupper, string.tolower, string.strip_tags, convert.*, consumed, dechunk, mcrypt.*, mdecrypt.*

Edited by a_smith (see edit history)

Well... to this time I tried php 5.5 and 5.6

Now I changed to php 7.0.10 on my server.

And have this error message right away:

Fatal error:

Uncaught Error: Class 'ZipArchive' not found in /var/www/web-owner/data/www/mydomain.com/classes/Language.php:996

Stack trace:

#0 /var/www/web-owner/data/www/mydomain.com/classes/Language.php(942): LanguageCore::installSfLanguagePack('en-US', Array)

#1 /var/www/web-owner/data/www/mydomain.com/install/controllers/http/welcome.php(55): LanguageCore::downloadAndInstallLanguagePack('en', '1.7.0.0', NULL, false)

#2 /var/www/web-owner/data/www/mydomain.com/install/classes/controllerHttp.php(256): InstallControllerHttpWelcome->process()

#3 /var/www/web-owner/data/www/mydomain.com/install/index.php(39): InstallControllerHttp::execute()

#4 {main} thrown in /var/www/web-owner/data/www/mydomain.com/classes/Language.php on line 996

I dont get it. ZipArchive PHP module is enabled and loaded. From phpinfo:

ZLib Version 1.2.7

Stream Filter     zlib.inflate, zlib.deflate

Compiled Version     1.2.7

zlib.output_compression    On

zlib.output_compression_level    -1

Registered Stream Filters zlib.*, bzip2.*, convert.iconv.*, string.rot13, string.toupper, string.tolower, string.strip_tags, convert.*, consumed, dechunk, mcrypt.*, mdecrypt.*

ZipArchive Installation procedure documented below...  Zlib is not the same thing

http://php.net/manual/en/zip.installation.php

Linux systems

In order to use these functions you must compile PHP with zip support by using the --enable-zip configure option.

As of PHP 5.6.0 a --with-libzip=DIR configure option has been added to use a system libzip installation. libzip version 0.11 is required, with 0.11.2 or later recommended.

RC3 installations works for me with PHP 7. .... but useless because my liveshop didn't work with PHP 7 .... maybe time to look for a other shop system if 1.7 final needs php7

PS v1.7 does NOT require PHP 7

ZipArchive Installation procedure documented below...  Zlib is not the same thing

http://php.net/manual/en/zip.installation.php

PS v1.7 does NOT require PHP 7

I,ve tried Presta 1.7 installation with PHP 5.4, 5.5 and 5.6 and get always the inst. error "create file parameters".

With PHP 7 the 1.7 installation works. When I switch back to PHP 5.x after 1.7 is installed, the front and backend in the browser are "blank"

OK, so... in my case the problem with ZipArchive has been solved by installing Libzip library. And now I was able to install PS 1.7 RC3.

BUT..... only front-end works.

When I try to go to the admin login page (www.mydomain.com/admin) I get Internal Server Error message.

The server log files as apache/php/syslog says nothing about what possibly happened.... 

After changing PHP from 7 (running as CGI) to 5.4/5.5/5.6 (running as Apache2 module) - USING THE SAME SERVER/PHP CONFIGURATION as when using PHP7 - I came back to well known issue about parameters file is not being created.

Good job devs! :(

@Antonio,

This discussion is NOT related to issues caused by random generator exception. If you would read my previous post you would know that I use PHP7 but it does not solve the problem. I have manage to install PS1.7 but I get Internal Server Error on the admin login page. FO works normally.

@Antonio,

This discussion is NOT related to issues caused by random generator exception. If you would read my previous post you would know that I use PHP7 but it does not solve the problem. I have manage to install PS1.7 but I get Internal Server Error on the admin login page. FO works normally.

@a_smith your first error was related to the random_generator exception. How you write after switch to PHP7 you get an other error related to ZipArchive.

So, now, you have an other error only in back office and this is not related to you first comment on this thread. It is an other error.

You have to investigate in your error_log to understand this new error.

In in some server configurations (specially when open_basedir is enabled in php and the file /dev/urandom is not accessible by the php) all versions of php < 7 are not supported currently because there is a compatibility break in a symfony library (paragonie/random_compact 2.0).