paid with paypal no order in bo

ScooterShop

LOL Try this!!! Works with the New Paypal 3.8

Step 1: Login to Paypal

Step 2: Go to Click Profile - Under my My selling Tools - and Update the instant payment notifications.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Step 3:

Current settings Notification URL

http://www.YOUWEBSITE.com/modules/paypal/validation.php"

Message delivery Enabled

SHOULD BE: --------- NOTE THAT THE "USA" IS ADDED!!!!

http://www.YOUWEBSITE.com/modules/paypalusa/validation.php"

Message delivery Enabled

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Step 4: Test to see if its working :)  -  ( Do a full real check out )

Step 5: Thank me if this worked for you, It worked for me :)

Thank you for posting however I have not test it yet , since I am trying to workout the API first.

Thank you for your input,, now i  fix it.. I have found the value which was "Completed_Funds_Held" and I added the following line:

elseif (strcmp($payment_status, 'Completed_Funds_Held') === 0)
			{
				$payment_type = (int)Configuration::get('PS_OS_PAYPAL');
				$message = $ppec->l('Pending payment confirmation.').'<br />';
			}

Interesting, according to the Paypal developer docs, the 'Completed Funds Held' status also includes a 'Hold Decision' variable, which is supposed to explain why the funds are being held.

https://developer.paypal.com/docs/classic/api/merchant/DoExpressCheckoutPayment_API_Operation_SOAP/

You might want to include the Hold Decision in the message so the merchant is aware as to why the funds are being held.  The merchant may want to wait before shipping the item for the funds to come off hold.

Using 'PS_OS_PAYPAL' appears to be the correct order status to use in that case.

LOL Try this!!! Works with the New Paypal 3.8

Step 1: Login to Paypal

Step 2: Go to Click Profile - Under my My selling Tools - and Update the instant payment notifications.

Step 3:

http://www.YOUWEBSITE.com/modules/paypal/validation.php"

Message delivery Enabled

SHOULD BE: --------- NOTE THAT THE "USA" IS ADDED!!!!

http://www.YOUWEBSITE.com/modules/paypalusa/validation.php"

Message delivery Enabled

Step 4: Test to see if its working :)  -  ( Do a full real check out )

Step 5: Thank me if this worked for you, It worked for me :)

Actually, what you should be doing is disabling IPN and removing the IPN URL.  That is the reason it was failing for you in the first place.

The module instructs Paypal when and where to send the IPN.  It is not necessary to manually configure the IPN in your Paypal profile.  

Think of it this way, if you had 2 or more stores, or perhaps using a multi-store configuration, and you were using the same Paypal account, you have no way to configure the IPN URL in your Paypal profile to use 2 different URLS.  This is one reason the module provides the IPN URL to use (it is called the notification url)

You would only want to use the IPN URL in your profile, if you wanted to notify something other than the module.  Like perhaps an invoicing system outside of Prestashop.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So, I did as you suggested but I have yet to hear from anyone.  My shop is still not showing orders and because of that I have to check Paypal several times a day.  I then have to contact the customer to get the details on what they've ordered!  Is anyone actually working on this issue or do I need to find a different cart program and rebuild the site from square one again?

I ahve an older version of PayPal that I modified to wotk with the new ttl security and it works fine and all orders are shown in BO.

It is a little quirky in the BO, looks like css not loaded correctly but once you fill your info and save after opening again it displays fine.

Main thing is it works.

I will create a zip and a brief tutorial and post it here soon, this will give averyone a working PayPal untill Presta figures it out.

I have 2 bug reports on this issue.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

it will be OK for normal steps of checkout,

it seemed  the error only happened when set to one-step chectout,

hmmm .. its nice to know. After update paypal module to 3.10.2 it does this issue! Before we havent problems. And now with new update we should to do 5 steps for orders? No thanks (using one page checkout module).

Is here any way to solve this for one page? Add this code helps?:

elseif (strcmp($payment_status, 'Completed_Funds_Held') === 0)
			{
				$payment_type = (int)Configuration::get('PS_OS_PAYPAL');
				$message = $ppec->l('Pending payment confirmation.').'<br />';
			}