[Plugin Issue] Stripe Plugin Error, Token Required

Hey Guys,

I installed Stripe plugin and followed all the recommendations for my website.

The problem is that when i try to do a test payment, it returns the following error :

Token required, please check for any Javascript error on the payment page.

I have updated the module to the lastest version, and contacted Stripe about it, but they are saying that its related to the plugin, and i was not able to find any additional info on the forums.

I'm experiencing the same situation with a clean install of 1.5.2 on a test site.

Here's what I found on Stripe's help & support forum.

https://answers.stri...ying-to-process

Update: The order is recorded in the BO when the 5 page checkout is selected but no confirmation page. It goes straight to the guest tracking page. Maybe a problem with my template?

Edited by max30 (see edit history)

I have the 1 page checkout on my cart. I noticed that this only occurs when it's a guest checkout. When I am signed in the order goes through. I have a developer that I paid to look into this for me. When I hear back from him on what he finds, I'll let you guys know.

Also, I'm using PS 1.5.2

From everything I have read the module works in live mode. I honestly do not know why people even bother using a test mode on a plugin. When I made my first shop, I used test mode and it worked fine. So I switched it over to the live server. Come to find out a week later, it wouldn't take a payment from the live setting. Since then I never use test mode, I use live mode for everything.

No, but without testing the gateway in live mode you never know 100% if the site will take payment. I usually put a hidden product in the shop for a dollar and set my account to have a free shipping carrier and test it. Or if I am using auth.net I just void the payment. But regarldless, best practice is to test in live mode. Just assume the problem was the other way around, test mode worked and live mode didnt. How long would it take you to find out? How many sales would it cost you before you found out?

Running 1.5.2 with memcache and the latest .9.2 Stripe module. Upgraded from 1.5.0.7... Using the default theme, modified slightly by myself and it's the 1 page checkout.

Were your test transactions while logged in or did you try some as a guest? The module works fine when I'm logged in but does not work when a guest. I'm thinking this is because there is no "billing" address when checking out as a guest. Just a hunch.

Hello All,

I was having this exact problem and found a way to make the shop process orders correctly. I set the order process to the 5 page checkout without guest checkout and force compiled the change. Everything works perfectly now.

So you know, the 5 page checkout without guest checkout is the only configuration that works. The one page checkout with or without the guest checkout doesn't work. The 5 page checkout with guest checkout doesn't work.

So it's something with the guest checkout and one page checkout.

To make the changes in the BO go to Orders under the Preferences tab and set Order Process Type to Standard (5 Steps) and Enable Guest Checkout to "No". Save the changes.

Then go to Preferences under the Advanced Parameters tab and set Template Cache to "Force Compilation" and save the change.

The shop should now work correctly. Try test transactions in both test and live modes to verify.

Hope this helps.

That's nice but I'm not turning off guest checkout. 1 page checkout works for me, just not as a guest. My developer said he'll finally have some time today to look at this and hopefully fix it. I think it has something to do with a billing address not being available for guests during checkout and the module is looking for these fields (only show when a registered customer is logged in).

• 4 weeks later...

That's nice but I'm not turning off guest checkout. 1 page checkout works for me, just not as a guest. My developer said he'll finally have some time today to look at this and hopefully fix it. I think it has something to do with a billing address not being available for guests during checkout and the module is looking for these fields (only show when a registered customer is logged in).

Hello everyone,

I've got some good news for you, I worked with the team these last two weeks in order to improve the Stripe's Addon based on your feedback and suggestions. Guess what? We just came up with a new awesome version bringing new features and bugfixes!

Improvements and changes in Stripe v0.9.4:

- Improved the user experience, now redirecting to a customer Order confirmation page after a sucessfull payment (instead of the Orders history page)

- Improved interface for users of PrestaShop v1.4.x

- Translations: Added two new languages (Spanish and Brazialian Portuguese)

- Translations: Improved French translation

- Bugfix: The billing address is now refreshed in real time in case a new address is added. The Billing Address is now correctly sent to Stripe.

- Bugfix: The module is now compatible with One Page Checkout and Guest Checkout

- Bugfix: Customer's token save (while checking the "Save my credit card for later use" box) was not working with MySQL STRICT mode.

Thank you again for your help and feedback; If you are looking to accept Credit Card Payments fast and easy on your store, Stripe is definitely one of the best options PrestaShop is offering!

You can download Stripe v0.9.4 at the following address:

http://addons.presta...611-stripe.html

Regards,

• 3 weeks later...

Hi - I have PS 1.5.3. and the latest version of Stripe. I am getting the error "Token required, please check for any Javascript error on the payment page". I have tried every version of checkout with no variation of result. Also I am not able to setup my webhook - I get a 501 error no matter what I try. If anyone has had any luck with this I would really appreciate some pointers!

Update:

I ended up going back to 1.5.2 - no problems there with Stripe. If anyone gets rid of the javascript errors that prevent stripe from working in 1.5.3 I would love to hear about it. I know just enough about coding to be dangerous to my sites - I stick with commenting out stuff and that's about it....thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Anyone figure this out yet??

I tried test, and live.

I tried 1 step and 5 step.

I tried re-compile, cache options.

I tried guest on/off.

How about less workarounds to try to get a module to work and some updates to module to make it bullet-proof.

-Ron

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, is this consistent for all users? or is it sporadic? We definitely want to to make sure this module is working flawlessly.

I found that the test publish key has a trailling space. scroll to the end of the text and make sure there is no extra space.

I noticed that as well, did removing the extra space fix the issue?

Hi

I am getting "Token required, please check for any Javascript error on the payment page." error.

1. Module is active

2. SSL is disabled

3. 5 page checkout

4. API keys are copied perfectly

While testing webhook it gives 501 error.

Is it due to any Jquery conflict?

Please help.

I am new to prestashop, i was testing the Stripe payment module and i am getting folowing error,

Can Solution from anuragr1983 will work for this issue,, can someone help me out. greatly appreciated.

Edited by conerstonegifts (see edit history)

Hello, I just tested this module on a new 1.5.4 version, it did work with the test keys provided.

Make sure that there is no extra space when you copy and paste the key's

Also make sure that your test key, publishable key, and secret keys are in the right section.

Dear Benjamin

I have tried all the things what i supposed to do as per your advice still not working.

I have new version, checked make sure all copied in th right section, no spaces and even reset the module.

Any other solution you can suggest.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I just tested this module on a new 1.5.4 version, it did work with the test keys provided.

Make sure that there is no extra space when you copy and paste the key's

Also make sure that your test key, publishable key, and secret keys are in the right section.

i still have the same problem with stripe cannot make it work any solution please help.

Hi cornerstonegifts, can you check and make sure your "Secret Key" and "Publishable Keys" are not switched around. The way you input it via PrestaShop can be a little confusing.

Wow, look like you nailed the issue, it did work this time, Thanks a lot for taking time to test this out. it was my mistake copying them in to wrong slot and as you mentioned it is little confusing

• 2 months later...

Hello,

I am completely confused. I installed Stripe using version 0.9.4 with 1.5.4.1 prestashop. When I try to pay for something in the test mode, I get the following message:

or

The website encountered an error while retrieving https://www.hotfixblingqueen.com/modules/stripejs/validation.php. It may be down for maintenance or configured incorrectly.

If I try to make a purchase under the live mode, I get a Server Error. After I refresh, I get this message:

Cart cannot be loaded or an order has already been placed using this cart.

When I have tested this in the live mode, I check the order details the back office, I am getting a Server Error which states:

The website encountered an error while retrievinghttps://www.hotfixblingqueen.com/admin1414/index.php?tab=AdminOrders&id_order=5&vieworder&token=0ac36fe97470dda4a969c3641724154f. It may be down for maintenance or configured incorrectly.

Please help! I have searched the web for an solution but I haven't found one. My website is www.hotfixblingqueen.com

• 1 month later...

i have the same issue, either live or test mode.

Got a 

Server Error after submit payment, but F5 refresh the page, i got Token required, please check for any Javascript error on the payment page.

or

im using 1.5.5 with the latest stripe module.

there is no trailing space at the end of keys, and both keys are in correct location.

Edited by kfc_zjian (see edit history)

i just tested on newly installed ps 1.5.5, still getting this token error. there should be issue with stripe 0.95 version or prestashop core.

Hi kfc_zijan, can you check and make sure your "Secret Key" and "Publishable Keys" are not switched around. The way you input it via PrestaShop can be a little confusing.

Make sure that the Keys are in the correct slot and make sure that there are no extra spaces that you copy.

same problem there, but i check the stripejs folder, i found a error_log file:

[02-Oct-2013 16:18:53 US/Eastern] PHP Fatal error:  Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 786432 bytes) in /home/zoe/public_html/tools/tcpdf/fonts/dejavusans.php on line 14

By the way, the module you uploaded, i had compared both your files and my current files, they all same sizes. 
Edited by kfc_zjian (see edit history)

I just tried a payment in LIVE mode.

There was a space in the keys at the end.

I deleted that space.

The following image shows the error I am seeing (I changed the top error statement as I get this error code when a customer choose to pay via cheque or over the phone):

StripePayment.JPG

Need help with this as I have had to add PayPal back onto my site because the trouble with Stripe.

I just tried a payment in LIVE mode.

There was a space in the keys at the end.

I deleted that space.

The following image shows the error I am seeing (I changed the top error statement as I get this error code when a customer choose to pay via cheque or over the phone):

StripePayment.JPG

Need help with this as I have had to add PayPal back onto my site because the trouble with Stripe.

did you check the module folder for error log as described in previous post?

also, please don't post 'any idea?' as this is against forum rules (bumping posts) thanks

Yeah, but for some reason I cannot find any error log.

There HAS to be a file or folder of error logs, but where?

As for posting "any idea", in all due respect I wasn't bumping the thread at all. I was surprised that there hadn't been a reply within the time as this forum is almost always VERY quick as it has very, very good members :-)

As for posting "any idea", in all due respect I wasn't bumping the thread at all. I was surprised that there hadn't been a reply within the time as this forum is almost always VERY quick as it has very, very good members :-)

when we add to topics with many posts...there is much less exposure to the community...you may want to consider opening a new topic if you haven't already done so. 

when we add to topics with many posts...there is much less exposure to the community...you may want to consider opening a new topic if you haven't already done so. 

OK.

How do I increase my memory from 32 to 64?  I can't find that file.  I'm getting the same fatal error message.

Ask you host to do this for you.

I asked mine, but they said they already did this for me and it is 128!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Ok my turn, I've read all the thread, tried fixing it myself with out any result. Checking out I get the message : Token required, please check for any Javascript error on the payment page.

I have my SSL certificate. I did double check the keys in the right place without any empty spaces. I'm running Stripe 0.9.6 on Prestashop 1.5.6. 

I also get an 501 error testing Stripe webhook. and I'm on Bluehost.

Can we please resolve this?

P.

I had the same problem... make sure your account is actually activated. Mine was not.

It still does not work tho now I tested it live and it says I must activate SSL.

I'm on a shared server which has open SSL, is there something else I need to enable in BO?

Edit: interestingly enough, I switched to 5-step check out and it worked, even though when I go in the Stripe module setup it still tells me I need to enable SSL.

Edited by claybourg (see edit history)