[SOLVED] 1.5 Prestashop theme - a couple of problems

I installed the new prestashop 1.5 theme. Its looking good apart from a couple of problems.

1. If you click on an item the pictures are now so large they cover the text.*
  2. In 'New Products' there is text underneath that says 'en savoir plus'. I cannot find this text in my back office to change it to English. All over text on the site is English.

Any help much appreciated. Especially as I seem to be unable to go back to my old template as parts of this new one have overwritten it!

* See http://www.shamaniclifestyle.com/product.php?id_product=16 to see what I mean

Hi

If you look in the theme txt file it gives you install info....your image problem is resolved by resizing the images and regenerating them.

I have the same problem with the en savoir ....not resolved yet ...please post here if you find a fix please.

Regards

Wayne

• Like 1

Hi Wayne

If you look in the theme txt file it gives you install info....your image problem is resolved by resizing the images and regenerating them.

Can't find the theme txt file so figure I'm probably looking in the wrong place. Where would I find it? And how do I resize the images?

Many thanks

June

hi ,

i have upgraded my ps shop to 1.4.5.1 and unfortunately had some error on this theme. i have attached the snaps in here can you please help me out how can i resolve this.

1.jpg

Also when you clicked on a product you will see the text covered with picture.

www.masports.co.uk

Kind regards

Niyaz

Niyaz, you need to resize and regenerate your image files.

from the installation_new_theme.txt file:

- small H : 45px ; W : 45px

- medium H : 58px ; W : 58px

- large H : 264px ; W : 264px

- home H : 124px ; W : 124px

• Like 2

Regarding the "en savior plus". It's in ThemeName/modules/blocknewproducts/blocknewproducts.tpl. Line 42.

IMHO, that should be allowed to change based on customers language.

Yes this worked

One more problem to add

The products in same category does not work... any fix yet? it comes out of the right pannel

Where do I find the files installation_new_theme.txt and ThemeName/modules/blocknewproducts/blocknewproducts.tpl?

I've been looking in the theme ie in Prestashop/themes/Prestashop15 but can't find them so assume I'm looking in the wrong place?

Regarding the "en savior plus". It's in ThemeName/modules/blocknewproducts/blocknewproducts.tpl. Line 42.

IMHO, that should be allowed to change based on customers language.

Thanks for the suggestion, but this only works if I enable smarty2. Only then it shows the text in english. Or do I need to do anything to support smarty3

Hi,

Think I can help with this.

First follow the advice from k3ri and change "en savior plus" to "More" on line 42 of:

themes/ThemeName/modules/blocknewproducts/blocknewproducts.tpl. Line 42.

Save

Then:

Back Office separator_breadcrum.pngPreferences separator_breadcrum.png Performance

Force compile: YES

Save

Reload web site.

Did it work?

Since I'm not in development and my site is live I set Force Compile back to "No".

Cool cool?

• Like 2

Hi there, I installed the theme and its working fine but when i want to change things like the background images/colour in the global css and I load it, nothing has changed. Every time i change something in the back-end it doesn't show. Is there something i'm doing wrong? I'm very new to Prestashop. Help will be much appreciated thank you!!

Yes this worked

One more problem to add

The products in same category does not work... any fix yet? it comes out of the right pannel

I am also facing this problem of ..anybody can help for the products in same category comes out of the right column and it overlaps with the new products module.

Hi november,

In terms of your first question about image sizes, please see the discussion on the topic starting here.

I hope this helps.

-Mike

Many thanks Mike. Have solved the image size problem using your suggestion on that thread and solved the 'en savior plus' problem also using information from both this thread and that one.

Many thanks to everyone for their suggestions.

Problems solved :)

I ve notice a big problem with new ps1.5 theme for ps1.4.5.1

if I check for example code in product list.tpl I can see : @version Release: $Revision: 6594 $

But the PS1.4.5.1 prestashop theme version is @version Release: $Revision: 8290 $ and some code is different.

I've checked with other files in tpl and same thing: the version of files is older than PS1.4.5.1 and code is different.

So it's not possible to use it without issues with PS1.4.5.1

Please help me! When i change things in the global.ccc like background colour and i load it via ftp then it doesnt show the changes. My domain is www.belladonnafashion.co.za.

Hi Machelle,

In your Back Office, please go to Preferences > Performance and enable Force Compile. Please let me know if this fixes it for you.

-Mike

Hi Everyone,

I'm working on the products in category issue too. Here is what I'm up to:

themes/prestashop_new/css/modules/productscategory/productscategory.css

Added the following rule -

#productscategory {width:100%; height: 100%; overflow:auto}

Just need to get the pretty next and previous images displaying.

Do you think this is the right way?

Cheers,

Rob

Would I be right in thinking that the crossselling module css is not being picked up? I'm not getting the thumbs_left.gif and thumbs_right.gif showing. Looks pretty straight forward but I haven't had too much time to look into it. I may over the weekend.

Seems both the crossselling and other products in category should look and operate the same. I kind of like them without hiding product behind a horizontal scroll. Not very idiot proof in my book. I'd rather see every thing and blow the apge length out. That's just me though...

Cheers,

Rob

Ok, got it. I'm assuming that the good work that was done on this theme was using the demo product of which none have either cross selling products or other products in category. So the following styling may have been overlooked.

I'm going to open productscategory module and pinch the css file productscategory.css and copy from about line 18 the following:

#productscategory_list {
overflow: hidden;
float: left;
width: 96%;
}
#productscategory_list ul {
padding-left: 0;
list-style-type: none;
}
#productscategory_list li {
margin: 0 3px;
cursor: pointer;
text-align: center;
width: 100px;
overflow: hidden;
line-height: 20px;
}
#productscategory_list li a { margin: auto; }
#productscategory_scroll_left, #productscategory_scroll_right {
background: url('img/thumbs_left.gif') no-repeat center;
text-indent: -3000px;
display: block;
width: 9px;
height: 18px;
margin-top: 30px;
}
#productscategory_scroll_right { background-image: url('img/thumbs_right.gif'); }

and copy that into:

themes/prestashop_new/css/modules/productscategory/productscategory.css

with the following adjustments to find the gifs:

background: url('../../../img/thumbs_left.gif') no-repeat center;

and back up three directories for the thumbs_right.gif as well.

Hope this makes sense as I'm in a hurry. I assume it's the same logic for the cross selling module. Seems the theme needs to override the module in order to style it. It's probably in a manual but who has time to RTFM?

Cheers,

Rob

This may be of interest. My shop is in Australia so the label for "Currency : €" at the top may feel a bit uncomfortable and confusing for the general public so I've changed the symbol to $, the same as my default currency. But I do want to look into this because if you change from the default currency to another symbol the result will not be reflected. THe reason being is that the symbol is hard coded on line 53 in prestashop_new/modules/blockcurrencies.tpl

I wonder if anyone could write the code that would display the selected currency? Otherwise I may just delete the symbol from Currency : $ and let the change be noticed in the stores prices. Not perfect but it'll work.

Can someone give me some idiot advice. I have both USD $ and AUD $ as my currencies. In the currency list you are just given dollar $ symbols. Looks a bit silly with the pound symbol, euro and two $'s in the list. How hard would it be to make the width of the dropdown list wider and included both text and the symbol. USD $, AUD $, EURO €, POUND ?

Hi,

I have a bit of a problem with the new theme, looks great apart from a few issues.

IN IE8 and IE9 (for me) the search box and search text doesn't line up properly.

Also when I click on a category, I get a menu in the header that I'm not sure should be there and is on top of the logo.

I've attached a screenshot which demonstrates both.

I'd be really grateful for any help or suggestions.

Cheers,

Kenny

post-291759-0-75529900-1320071501_thumb.jpg

Hi Kenny, you need to select the new theme and configure various modules as provided in the installation steps.

Hi,

I'm pretty sure I configured them all correctly and I re-sized the images etc. I've noticed that the misaligned search box and text is only with IE8 and IE9 and in both it disappears if I use compatibility mode. Is there a fix for this?

If anyone can help with the menu problem, I'd be very grateful.

Cheers,

Kenny

Hi,

Just checked the demo Prestashop site and it has the same 'issue', when you click on a category, you get an 'extra' menu in the header which looks untidy and doesn't serve any purpose.

I've attached a screenshot from the demo site which demonstrates.

Cheers,

Kenny

post-291759-0-02572400-1320147515_thumb.jpg

I would like to change the text to image in the horizontal bar, where is shows Home to a 'Home' image and no drop down menu shown.

Any body can provide any help on this.

Hi sudhakarm1,

Those values can be edited via the "Top horizontal menu" module, but if you would like to replace "Home" with an image you must hard-code it because the module only allows for text through the Back Office.

-Mike

Hi sudhakarm1,

Those values are autopopulated by the blockcategories module based on the categories you created in the Back Office in the Catalog. Please first check to ensure that you do not have them listed twice. If that is not the issue, you may want to completely uninstall and then reinstall this module via FTP in case there was some sort of configuration error.

-Mike

Hi Mike,

The Block Categories displays fine in the left column, whereas it appears twice only in the footer section. I have uninstalled and reinstalled after download the latest version, still the same issues in the footer. Let me know is there is any issue in the footer code.

-Sudhakar

Hi,

Just checked the demo Prestashop site and it has the same 'issue', when you click on a category, you get an 'extra' menu in the header which looks untidy and doesn't serve any purpose.

I've attached a screenshot from the demo site which demonstrates.

Cheers,

Kenny

post-291759-0-02572400-1320147515_thumb.jpg

Kenny, I have the same problem in IE but not in Crome, Did you find a solution for these problems?

Same problem with I.E. on menu but only when I select an item so on product page. Menu bar disappear and show text menu on left as per image attached by Kennig.

I've tested it with Chrome, Safari for windows, Opera and firefox but I've seen such bug only witj I.E. (i'm using 9).

I think that is a menu bar bug ... please Presta Team help because it is a bug.

Thanks

Hi everybody,

I spoke to our developers and ran some tests, and can confirm that there are indeed some issues when it comes to older versions of IE. For a little bit of background information, Microsoft has requested that all development be stopped on IE6 because less than 2% of their user base (which just dropped below 50% in the worldwide browser usage over the weekend for the first time) still uses that version.

As for IE7 and above, I have spoken with the developer in charge of this theme, and have created a report with a few IE-specific bugs which he will be looking into so that we can hopefully get this up and running for you as quickly as possible.

I will come back to let you know as soon as he has had the opportunity to review the theme and identify what can be fixed for you.

-Mike

Hi everybody,

I spoke to our developers and ran some tests, and can confirm that there are indeed some issues when it comes to older versions of IE. For a little bit of background information, Microsoft has requested that all development be stopped on IE6 because less than 2% of their user base (which just dropped below 50% in the worldwide browser usage over the weekend for the first time) still uses that version.

As for IE7 and above, I have spoken with the developer in charge of this theme, and have created a report with a few IE-specific bugs which he will be looking into so that we can hopefully get this up and running for you as quickly as possible.

I will come back to let you know as soon as he has had the opportunity to review the theme and identify what can be fixed for you.

-Mike

Ok Mike, thanks. We are waiting for you. If you want take a look at my problem you can find it:

With I.E. menu disappear but with other browsers looks ok (chrome. win safari, opera and firefox)

Best

------------------------------

I've solved my problems wth I.E. disabling modules and features as much possible to reduce CSS callings

I also have a little problem with the new footer.

It's regarding the placing of the Product Attributes module (it's vertical instead for horisontal)

footer_problem.png

Hi Rush,

The module in question is actually called "Block Reinsurance." Can you please check in your Back Office > Modules > Positions to see where it is currently hooked? My guess just from that screenshot is that it is not currently hooked to the footer. Please let me know.

-Mike

Hi everybody,

I spoke with the developer who took the lead on our 1.5 theme, and she has set aside next week to work on fixing these issues for you, especially the ones that seem to be restricted to IE. If you have any additional issues you're running into with your theme, please let me know, as I will be passing them directly along to her. And as soon as I have any additional information on her progress, I'll be sure to let you know!

-Mike

This may be of interest. My shop is in Australia so the label for "Currency : €" at the top may feel a bit uncomfortable and confusing for the general public so I've changed the symbol to $, the same as my default currency. But I do want to look into this because if you change from the default currency to another symbol the result will not be reflected. THe reason being is that the symbol is hard coded on line 53 in prestashop_new/modules/blockcurrencies.tpl

I wonder if anyone could write the code that would display the selected currency? Otherwise I may just delete the symbol from Currency : $ and let the change be noticed in the stores prices. Not perfect but it'll work.

I had the same problem, here is the fix, replace in the file this code:

<div id="currencies_block_top">
 <form id="setCurrency" class="" action="{$request_uri}" method="post">
   <p>
     <input type="hidden" name="id_currency" id="id_currency" value=""/>
     <input type="hidden" name="SubmitCurrency" value="" />

<!-- Modification to see the actual currency -->
 {foreach from=$currencies key=k item=f_currency}
  {if $cookie->id_currency == $f_currency.id_currency}
   <p class="selected">
      {l s='Currency' mod='blockcurrencies'}: {$f_currency.sign}
   </p>
  {/if}
 {/foreach}
<!-- End Modification to see the actual currency -->

</p>
   <ul id="first-currencies" class="currencies_ul">
     {foreach from=$currencies key=k item=f_currency}
       <li {if $cookie->id_currency == $f_currency.id_currency}class="selected"{/if}>
         <a href="javascript:setCurrency({$f_currency.id_currency});" title="{$f_currency.name}">{$f_currency.sign}</a>
       </li>
     {/foreach}
   </ul>
 </form>
</div>
<!-- /Block currencies module -->

Can someone give me some idiot advice. I have both USD $ and AUD $ as my currencies. In the currency list you are just given dollar $ symbols. Looks a bit silly with the pound symbol, euro and two $'s in the list. How hard would it be to make the width of the dropdown list wider and included both text and the symbol. USD $, AUD $, EURO €, POUND ?

Same problem with CAD $, to fix it you need to change the CSS file: themes/prestashop_new/css/modules/blockcurrencies/blockcurrencies.css

All the way down, change to this code:

#setCurrency .currencies_ul_hover{
 display:block;
 z-index: 5000;
 position:absolute;
 right:5px;
 padding:5px 10px;
 height:auto;
 width:15px;                    /* this is the width of the drop down */     
 background:#000000;

Hi Rush,

The module in question is actually called "Block Reinsurance." Can you please check in your Back Office > Modules > Positions to see where it is currently hooked? My guess just from that screenshot is that it is not currently hooked to the footer. Please let me know.

-Mike

Hey Mike,

I'm sorry, it was me that wrote the wrong name. The hook looks to be right, but please check the picture.

hook.png

footer.jpg

Hi everybody,

I spoke further with the 1.5 theme developer, and for those of you having theme issues in IE, please go to your Back Office under Preferences > Performance and enable "Use CCC for CSS." This is a known issue with IE from a development perspective, and should hopefully resolve your issues. If it doesn't, please let me know so that I can work with our dev team to find a better solution for you!

-Mike

Hi Mike,

I also have an issue in IE7 & 8. When you click into a category and then go onto the 2nd page the images aren't showing. I've tried your solution above but unfortunately it isn't working. Any other ideas? The site is working perfectly in firefox, chrome etc.

http://www.equi1.com/en/

For example, click into the mens category, scroll down and click into the 2nd page of products and the images aren't there. When you then click back to the 1st page the images have also disappeared, although they are there the 1st time you view the page.

Thanks for your help,

Mike Kranzler and Rush Networks: Have you found any solution to that the block reinsurance is displayed vertically instead of horizontal?

My block reinsurance is hooked at the footer at 1:st place but it still is shown vertically just like rush networks image..

Edit: Now the block reinsurance doesnt show at all and the cart isnt working properly aswell and I cant find out what is wrong, Ive followed and hooked the modules as told in the readme and changed the images sizes :/

Edit again: I used the autoinstall through the admininterface instead of FTP and it worked A LOT better :)

MY ADVICE: DONT UPLOAD MANUALLY - USE AUTO AND YOULL SAVE HOURS :)

Hi prestalearn,

They are actually listed in separate locations in the Modules translations, so hopefully this will give you a quick rundown on where to find them:

Follow Us: blocksocial

My Account: blockmyaccount

Contact Us: blockcontactinfos

Categories: blockcategories

Informations: blockcms

Please let me know if this works for you.

-Mike

Hello

I installed this theme into my shop, however, it does not show up in the 'Themes' section in 'Appearance'. It just shows the original theme that came with the install.

Can anyone help?

Many thanks

Paul

Using Prestashop 1.4.5.1 and installed theme using theme installer

Hi everybody,

I spoke further with the 1.5 theme developer, and for those of you having theme issues in IE, please go to your Back Office under Preferences > Performance and enable "Use CCC for CSS." This is a known issue with IE from a development perspective, and should hopefully resolve your issues. If it doesn't, please let me know so that I can work with our dev team to find a better solution for you!

-Mike

Hi Mike,

Here is the issue I am facing for the new product displayed in the IE 8 Browser.

post-287397-0-50045400-1321169378_thumb.jpg

pm sent :)

Hi Rush,

I'm looking at this now, but I can't properly run any sort of tests unless you put your store online instead of on localhost. Once it's online, you can disable it in the Back Office under Preferences and I can add my maintenance IP so that I can still have access, but otherwise I really won't be able to try to identify the exact error you're running into.

-Mike

Hi Rush,

I'm looking at this now, but I can't properly run any sort of tests unless you put your store online instead of on localhost. Once it's online, you can disable it in the Back Office under Preferences and I can add my maintenance IP so that I can still have access, but otherwise I really won't be able to try to identify the exact error you're running into.

-Mike

Arh sorry :) Just changed the url now. I just uploaded it to my test webhost from localhost, so it was why you got the error.

Additionally, I just ran some external tests, and you'll see that there are many errors that could be causing you issues. You can see the list here. Please try to correct these errors first and then let me know if you're still having these issues.

I hope this helps.

-Mike

Thanks Mike, I will look into them.

Hi Guys

Just a quick question. I have looked at this thread and unless i missed it somewhere, about the top bar.

Basicly in Fire fox and crome it is fine but in IE the colour apears more faded for the drop down bit and does not look right,

See pic

tar8d2.jpg

Is there a way to make the drop down menu the same as the rest of the menu and not so transparent? I think this would solve the problem.

Hi everybody,

-Mike

Thank you Mike for helping us!

I did this change and that fixed the top menu issue, but when I did so the alignment in the footer changed, the Contact headline changed position. Did you find a solution for IE? Or do you know what is causing the change in the footer?

Hi MiZz_me and everyone else having issues on this thread,

The reason that your sites do not properly show up in Internet Explorer is that IE can only support a maximum of 30 CSS calls, so if you have more than that they will not be properly interpreted.

I am working on getting a developer to come onto the forum and answer you guys directly and with more detail, but in the meantime the best solution is to make sure you have "Use CCC for CSS" enabled for your shop.

As soon as I have any additional information, I will be sure to let you know.

-Mike

Hi Mike,

it is clear that with I.E. there are several issues/problems but your team should understand that I.E. is always used from a lot of customers. So now we know the reason for which I.E. is not working properly with PS 1.4.5.1 (cannot support more than 30 css) but how can PS TEAM can solve such SERIOUS problem ? We are all waiting for a solution so please rush for it.

Thanks in advance.

P.s. Also using your suggestion CCC for CSS is not solving problems

Hi MiZz_me and everyone else having issues on this thread,

The reason that your sites do not properly show up in Internet Explorer is that IE can only support a maximum of 30 CSS calls, so if you have more than that they will not be properly interpreted.

I am working on getting a developer to come onto the forum and answer you guys directly and with more detail, but in the meantime the best solution is to make sure you have "Use CCC for CSS" enabled for your shop.

As soon as I have any additional information, I will be sure to let you know.

-Mike

I've solved some of my problems with I.E. disabling many modules and many features to reduce the number of CSS. It is not the right way to proceed but now I can work. It is quite strange so many CSS almost in each module.

Hi everyone,

As Mike said, some bugs with IE may be caused by too many CSS calls.

It is a limitation that you can overcome by enabling CCC for CSS in your back office preferences>performances menu. As it is a software limitation, it is the only solution for now (unless you remove modules).

For bugs not related to CSS calls, you can report them on this topic, we are going to fix them in the next version of the theme.

Hi all,

I've been following this thread closely as I do like the new theme.

Has there been any development in terms of the issue raised previously regarding the EURO-symbol showing regardless of the currency selected (in the currency block drop-down list)? Is the only solution still to remove it and let the currency show in the cart? I think many users need to be able to show their products in different currencies and the Euro-symbol does create quite a lot of confusion always beeing visible (it took me quite some time to realize that the currency-selection actually did change even though the Euro-symbol stayed the same).

As I am new to Prestashop and web design in general I am quite worried in messing something up (especially security-related) when I have to dig into the code to change something. Is there any plans to update to a new release of the theme soon with the known bugs fixed?

Thank you for your efforts.

Best regards,

Ron

Thank you Mike for helping us!

I did this change and that fixed the top menu issue, but when I did so the alignment in the footer changed, the Contact headline changed position. Did you find a solution for IE? Or do you know what is causing the change in the footer?

Can you check if the footer problem is the same as mine ? :)

After updating to new version 1.4.5.1 and using the new standard template I'm expiriencing the same issues concerning the overview of products in the same category. It messes up my template. See link below http://www.mouthguard.nl/nl/kook-en-bijt/14-shock-doctor-gel-max.html

Any ideas on this ... probably something very simple but I can't seem to find it anywhere.

After updating to new version 1.4.5.1 and using the new standard template I'm expiriencing the same issues concerning the overview of products in the same category. It messes up my template. See link below http://www.mouthguar...or-gel-max.html

Any ideas on this ... probably something very simple but I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Hi MouthGuard,

I had the same issue and discussed on post #27 of this same thread. http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/138164-15-prestashop-theme-a-couple-of-problems/page__view__findpost__p__667769

Hope that helps

Hi sudhakarm1,

you should edit the following:

1) /modules/blockcontactinfos/contactinfos.css

2) /themes/prestashop_new/css/modules/blockcms/blockcms.css

3) /themes/prestashop_new/css/modules/blockcategories/blockcategories.css

4) /themes/prestashop_new/css/modules/blockmyaccountfooter/blockmyaccount.css

5) /modules/blocksocial/social.css

If you cannot do it properly send me an MP, best

Hi DIT,

I tried to changing the padding of the file /themes/prestashop_new/css/modules/blockcms/blockcms.css

as

/* footer */

#footer .block_various_links {padding:15px 10px;}

/* Block CMS links */

.informations_block_left li {border-bottom:10px dotted #eee}

.informations_block_left li.last { border:none;}

.informations_block_left li a {

padding:7px 11px 5px 22px;

color:#333;

}

But still it is not aligned? Do i need to changing anything else

Hi DIT,

I tried to changing the padding of the file /themes/prestashop_new/css/modules/blockcms/blockcms.css

as

/* footer */

#footer .block_various_links {padding:15px 10px;}

/* Block CMS links */

.informations_block_left li {border-bottom:10px dotted #eee}

.informations_block_left li.last { border:none;}

.informations_block_left li a {

padding:7px 11px 5px 22px;

color:#333;

}

But still it is not aligned? Do i need to changing anything else

at least you should send your link, I'm not a magician that can imagine how is your "aligment", send it and I'll take a look