[SOLVED] 1.5 Prestashop theme - a couple of problems

Hello,

I'm new to Prestashop... I just installed a test version of PS and tried to add the official theme, but I have two problems.

1. search input looks like this:

post-305124-0-94181300-1322571806_thumb.png

2. the footer icons are missed

post-305124-0-33507900-1322571813_thumb.png

All modules are hooked to the right places, still can't get it to work properly. Thank in advance for ANY help!

Dan

Hello,

I'm new to Prestashop... I just installed a test version of PS and tried to add the official theme, but I have two problems.

1. search input looks like this:

post-305124-0-94181300-1322571806_thumb.png

2. the footer icons are missed

post-305124-0-33507900-1322571813_thumb.png

All modules are hooked to the right places, still can't get it to work properly. Thank in advance for ANY help!

Dan

1. For search block you should edit: blocksearch.css, as per below:

line 2

left: 0;

position: absolute;

top: 32px;

2. Footer icons are missed because I guess that you did not activated "blockreainsurance"

Try them and let me know

1. For search block you should edit: blocksearch.css, as per below:

line 2

left: 0;

position: absolute;

top: 32px;

2. Footer icons are missed because I guess that you did not activated "blockreainsurance"

Try them and let me know

Thanks for your response. The css tweak didn't work and "blockreainsurance" was activated :)

Anyway I found out how to fix it....

First I did reset quick search module and it fixed the problem.

Second, I had to go directly into the "blockreainsurance" module and re-add the icons.

Thanks anyway, I appreciate your effort!

Dan

Thanks for your response. The css tweak didn't work and "blockreainsurance" was activated :)

Anyway I found out how to fix it....

First I did reset quick search module and it fixed the problem.

Second, I had to go directly into the "blockreainsurance" module and re-add the icons.

Thanks anyway, I appreciate your effort!

Dan

Thanks NewBreed and DIT!

-Mike

Hi, I had had the same issues both product image size and "en savior plus" after new theme installed. Both resolved now thanks to all you guys' advices. But

1. I now have this message keeps popping up "TECHNICAL ERROR[object XMLHttpRequest]" everytime I go to modules in the back office. What did I do wrong. Or any idea to fix it please?

2. In the footer, Categories column, can I reduce the number of categories to appear. I have about 7 categories currently, I want only 3 to 5 appear as it makes the footer height bigger.

Thanks m

2. In the footer, Categories column, can I reduce the number of categories to appear. I have about 7 categories currently, I want only 3 to 5 appear as it makes the footer height bigger.

I have the same issue, what i did is to remove category hook from footer.

regards.

Hi oka, thank you for your advice. I still have the issue 1

1. I now have this message keeps popping up "TECHNICAL ERROR[object XMLHttpRequest]" everytime I go to modules in the back office. What did I do wrong. Or any idea to fix it please?

However i find the footer a bit of nightmare to customise ie fontsize, colour etc as it is in global.css so any changes in the footer also change in horizonal menu bar and so on. But I have managed to reduce a number of columns in the footer, from (default) 5 to 3. What I am trying to do is keep the three columns in the right side of the footer (contact us, my account, & information) and in the left area I want put my own mesage lines as the image below. Any way can I get it if not too complicated?

post-270654-0-19687800-1323110330_thumb.jpg

2. I also keep getting Manufaturer Ajax error and supplier ajax error everytime a product is added or edited. What's wrong with this new theme I wonder.

Thanks

m

Just upgraded from 1.4.5.1 to 1.4.6.2 with autoupgrade module, install the new theme and all is fine (both at my vmware "lab" and in production store).

One thing i notice is that the translations of some modules are not correct, and i have to modify by hand some *.tpl files

And one more thing is that i had to give ALTER role to database user to do the update (if you follow the wiki you will see that when you create the dabase user you don't give to him this role and the upgrade will fail)

Regards

With internet explorer 7 and 8 (i do not have ie9), blocktopmenu categories doesn't display correct

It is a problem of TOO MUCH css callings, IE support a maximum of 30 callings. Try to reduce modules (almost of them is regulated from a own css) or reduce features. Try with "such procedure" and check if you can see your web site properly with I.E.

Thanks for the tip DIT, but after remove some modules and add CCC for CSS, categories not showing correctly.

Regards.

Unfortunately the issue is to compromise module-features-css, because I.E. is use to cut some view up to it .... I remember that there is a tool to check how many css has a web page, but right now I cannot remember the name .... I do not know the reason for such high number of css on latest ps versions (on 1.3.1 I remember only 3-4 css, on 1.4.5.1. are more than 30)

Hi DIT, i understand it (i'm not a designer), i had to remove "Home" link from top menu regarding IE users, it is a pitty becouse that menu was good.

And thanks to koolrifz for the tip with productscategory it was really helpfull.

Regards.

no my question is how can I change from the default to an other theme in prestashop 1.5...

Well PrestaShop 1.5 is not yet available, but the process is still the same. Just upload your new theme either via FTP or the Back Office Theme Installer, and then select it in your Back Office under Modules > Themes.

-Mike

I'm having some problems with getting my changes in product.tpl to work.

I followed this guide to add manufacturer logo to the products:

http://prestaportal....thread-437.html

And this guide to add an image overlay to the product image:

http://www.prestasho...le/page__st__20

None of the guides works for me. Also tried to remove onsale_{lang}.gif but when I remove the code the picture still appears.

It all seems very strange. The url is homeshop.rushnetworks.dk

Hi Rush not sure if you have figured out the vertical issue, but I found out the hard way today.I noticed that the Block reinsurance v1.0 was hooked in 2 locations today.The 2 locations were " Header of page" and the "Footer". So I removed the Block reinsurance v1.0 from the "Header of pages" and mine went vertical, as soon as I added hooked it back, it went horizontal again. Hope this helps

I also have a little problem with the new footer.

It's regarding the placing of the Product Attributes module (it's vertical instead for horisontal)

footer_problem.png

Hello, i have a problem with the number of days for which the product is considered 'new', the "new" tag does not disappear even if the nr. of days is 0, i use the prestashop_new theme, same in home fetured product where the "New" tag can't be translated

Hello i am new here and this prestaShop is to me new too, so where i can change alphabet because i need Ä and Ö and Å so where can change or add Ä, Ö and Å i have already UTF-8, sorry my bad elglish. Thank You

Hi DarkWarder,

Have you tried downloading our Translation Packs in your Back Office under Tools > Translations?

-Mike

Hi DarkWarder,

Have you tried downloading our Translation Packs in your Back Office under Tools > Translations?

-Mike

i only download this PrestaShop software and language pack what is finnish language pack not any translation pack

but if i download this translation pack so works then all alphabet äÄ, öÖ and åÅ?

and where i can download thisTranslation Packs?

I download my language there site but my language not translate all only about 20% not all and i try to translate all my own language what prestashop need but when i put there site that my translate so not work Ä and Ö and Å why what i have to be do so that Ä.Ö and Å works?

Hi DarkWarder,

The language packs and translation packs are the same thing, but since that pack is not close to complete (every translation is community-driven, not produced by the PrestaShop team), the best thing you can do is go to your Back Office > Tools > Translations and then translate each area (Front Office Translations, Back Office Translations, etc.) manually. Just pull up the section you would like to translate through the drop-down menu and then click on the Finnish flag to open up the proper translation environment.

I hope this helps.

-Mike

Hi Mike why i canot translate there PrestaShop folder and go there translation folder and translate there all i mean admin.php, errors.php, fields.php, index.php and pdf.php file and same do there Admin folder and then upload that translation and admin folder FTP? Becaus then i have all ways that finnish translation usually somewhere is that php file where can add that Ä, Ö and Å where is all alphabet and can add then.

Hi,

I am migrating from CRE to Presta and doing some experiments, I already installed the cart and Purchased the "Bijoux" template, all installed fine except the header of the template looks like not where suppose to be, in other words the search box is interfering with logo and and the Login iis interfering with the shopping cart, check here http://tinyurl.com/6rpynmw . I found that I can rearrange the body but no information is out the about the header. Any Ideas how to fix it or where can I find instruction on howto?

Ok, as I see I am not the only one having issues with this theme! My issues start with not being able to go through with all the steps in the template doc, I can NOT HOOK some module in the footer, like the share on facebook stuff, I keep getting this errror message: "This module cannot be transplanted to this hook."

Probably just a silly fix, but I can't find it. Anyone got an idea? Thanks!

Ok, as I see I am not the only one having issues with this theme! My issues start with not being able to go through with all the steps in the template doc, I can NOT HOOK some module in the footer, like the share on facebook stuff, I keep getting this errror message: "This module cannot be transplanted to this hook."

Probably just a silly fix, but I can't find it. Anyone got an idea? Thanks!

Hi Mister Denial,

What module are you trying to hook into the footer? Not all modules are able to be hooked into every location, regardless of theme. What you may want to do is use the Live Edit function under Modules > Positions. When you drag a module around, the area will turn green if it can be hooked there and red if it cannot.

-Mike

Hi Mike,

any news regarding "blockcategories" that generates a huge amount of .php file into smarty/cache folder ? I have to delete every day a lot of files spending a lot of time. I'm waiting for you, tks

Hi Mike,

any news regarding "blockcategories" that generates a huge amount of .php file into smarty/cache folder ? I have to delete every day a lot of files spending a lot of time. I'm waiting for you, tks

Hi DIT,

In your Back Office, can you please go to Preferences > Performance and select Keep the Custom Blowfish Class (Conserva la classe Blowfish) and let me know if that resolves your issue?

-Mike

HI Mike,

actually I am trying to follow the instructions provided with the new default template, as detailed in the docs provided with the template. For example, I can't add the Facebook Share Block to the Footer hook, but the doc says I should.

I'm currently testing this here: http://www.kult-klothes.com

It's a blank 1.4.6.2 install with the default template.

PS: this is in the instructions provided with the default template:

Configure the following modules:

- Block Reinssurance(add to Hook footer)

- block my-account (add to Hook footer)

- CMS (add to Hook footer)

- social (add to Hook footer)

- infoscontact (add to Hook footer)

- contact (add to Hook rightColumn)

- sharefb (add to Hook footer)

- Block categories (Number of column in footer : 1)

The elements in red are not working, always the "can not transplant this module into this hook" error message.

HI Mike,

actually I am trying to follow the instructions provided with the new default template, as detailed in the docs provided with the template. For example, I can't add the Facebook Share Block to the Footer hook, but the doc says I should.

I'm currently testing this here: http://www.kult-klothes.com

It's a blank 1.4.6.2 install with the default template.

Hi Mister Denial,

Are you talking about the default "Block Share on Facebook v1.0 module?"

-Mike

HI Mike,

exactly that one. I'm trying to complete all steps from the Theme's doc, and not everything is working. And as you can see on the test website, there are still optical flaws with this template on a clean PS 1.4.6.2 full install.

I used the theme installer, no error messages.

Thanks for your help!

Dan

Hi Dan,

As it turns out, this module is built specifically for your product pages and can only be hooked into "Extra actions on the product page (left column)," producing the link you see here:

post-276528-0-41753600-1325623540_thumb.png

If you would like to hook a Facebook module somewhere else on your site, you will likely need to find an external module to do so.

I hope this helps.

-Mike

HI Mike,

thanks for the info. Actually I was only trying to follow the official instructions provided with this template, and they stated (I quote): " Configure the following modules :.. - sharefb (add to Hook footer)..."

So because it's in the official Prestashop documentation for that template, I assumed that this step is correct and the module has to be transplanted into the footer hook.

Ok, good, problem 1 solved then. :)

However, activating CCC instead of CSS does still "break" the alignement for "Contact us" in the footer - any idea?

Thanks!

Dan

Hi DIT,

In your Back Office, can you please go to Preferences > Performance and select Keep the Custom Blowfish Class (Conserva la classe Blowfish) and let me know if that resolves your issue?

-Mike

Hi Mike,

I've tried to change into "conserva la classe blowfish" but result is the same ... a lot of .php files generated

Hi DIT,

We actually had this reported to our Bug Tracker here, and even had another user propose a potential code change. However, the site is temporarily down for maintenance so you'll have to wait a little bit in order to see the suggested changes. In the meantime though, I will reach out to the developer who was assigned to this bug to see what he can suggest for us.

-Mike

HI Mike,

thanks for the info. Actually I was only trying to follow the official instructions provided with this template, and they stated (I quote): " Configure the following modules :.. - sharefb (add to Hook footer)..."

So because it's in the official Prestashop documentation for that template, I assumed that this step is correct and the module has to be transplanted into the footer hook.

Ok, good, problem 1 solved then. :)

However, activating CCC instead of CSS does still "break" the alignement for "Contact us" in the footer - any idea?

Thanks!

Dan

Hi Dan,

At first glance, it looks like this could be due to the length of your contact information, and the software is trying to compensate for the number of lines. I am going to try to look into this a little deeper for you.

-Mike

Hi Mike,

thanks for your help, it's once more much appreciated.

It's not the length of the contact info, it was empty and the line still bumped up by one row. I filled it out afterwards to see if that would correct the issue. It's both on Firefox and Chrome, no idea about IE but I would assume it is the same.

It is a clean, full new installation, no extra modules, no tweaking, no customizing, the only thing I changed was to add this template through the template installer.

Dan

Hi Mike,

I did some additional testing myself, and noticed this: it's not always the same column that bumps up by one row, usually it is "Contact", but on a different installation, I've also had the "Social" column bump up instead. Maybe that helps you locating the source of this issue.

Dan

Hi Dan and Mike,

to adjust your colums on footer you should check the widht of colums (global.css) and adjust your paddings on css of each module that you have on footer. You can take a look at my footer, I've played a lot to adjust it.

http://www.eliotecnicastermieri.com/ecommerce/

You should also consider to calculate exactly that the widht does not exceed your total footer widht.

Padding example (35px 20px 20px 10px)

First value: Top margin

Second value: right margin

Third value: bottom margin

Fourth value: left margin

First value must be the same of each css block file otherwise you will see problems.

I hope that my explications will help you, ciao

Davide

Ciao Dan,

you are welcome. You should check padding of each css for the below blocks:

1) blockvariouslinks

2) blockcontactinfos

3) blockcategories footer

4) blockmyaccount

5) blocksocial

To be sure decrease widht of colums to 160px on global.css footer area

If you will change css padding with the same first value on all blocks, it is sure that you will get the aligment on top. I suggest 20 or 25px. Let me know

Ciao

Davide

Ciao Dan,

is your web site on-line ? Could you send me your URL ? I'll take a look on it and I'll let you know.

In my opinion wrong aligment is caused by two issue: A- css of each module hooke on footer B- colums width on footer.

Ciao

Davide

Hi Davide,

I have a blank installation online here: http://www.kult-klothes.com

As you can see, it's the contact module in the footer that is causing issues. It's not the size of the content that is causing issues, because the alignment issue persists even when the contact info is empty. Also, moving the column from the right position towards the middle does not change anything either.

Thanks very much for your support on this! :)

Ciao

Dan

Hi Davide,

I have a blank installation online here: http://www.kult-klothes.com

As you can see, it's the contact module in the footer that is causing issues. It's not the size of the content that is causing issues, because the alignment issue persists even when the contact info is empty. Also, moving the column from the right position towards the middle does not change anything either.

Thanks very much for your support on this! :)

Ciao

Dan

Hi, not sure if this helps but I checked your site and saw the same problem. If you turn on compatibility mode in IE it then displays OK. Hopefully this might help with solving the problem. I noticed on your site also that the menu shading in IE is still a problem??

Cheers,

Kenny

Hi Dan,

for what I can see on your block contac infos, you do not have "padding" at all on your css file, so you cannot fix the distance with your footer top margin. Check it again or try to reset such module on your BO. In case send me your e-mail, I'll send the right css file for such block.

Ciao

Davide

Hi Kenny & Davide, thanks for your input. This issue is a cross-browser issue, I did not check on IE, but both Chrome and Firefox had it too.

Davide, you were right; reseting did not work, but un-installing and reinstalling the module did solve the alignment issue, it now works. SOLVED.

As Mike could reproduce this issue too, it could be a problem in the installer package that prevents the module from configuring correctly on first install.

Ciao everyone, and many thanks for your help! You guys rock!

Dan

Hi Mike,

I hope you don't mind clarifying this but my understanding is that the current situation is:

There are still issues regarding alignment of some components when using IE 8 and 9. Even when you change to CCC from CSS and follow the instructions in the theme regarding sizing images etc.

There is still an issue witht the menu in IE 8 and 9 where the 'shading' isn't right when you hover and get the drop down menu. Again even when you change to CCC.

Just checking I am up to date? I really love the new template but can't start using it until these issues are resolved, arguably a large majority of visitors to my sites would be using IE 8/9 and so it needs to look ok for them. I assume that these 'issues' might still be there in 1.5 when it is released as well??

Great product and a great theme if only these smalll issues could be resolved.

Regards,

Kenny

I am with Kenny here, the template looks really good and professional and will definitely be the preferred choice for many PS users once the bugs have been weeded out.

What I would like to add though is that the Prestashop team should definitely consider adding an option to switch from list to grid view in categories, and consider adding an option to easily change from a 3 column theme to a 2 or single column theme. That would really turn PS into a package merchants could use right out of the box and assess whether it is the right solution for them before spending lots of money on custom themes, modules, etc...

PS is really a great solution and I am happy to have chosen it, but I nearly didn't, because of that included template "issue" - it almost turned into a deal-breaker for me.

So being able to play around with 2 column / 3 column looks, list or grid view, right out of the box without having to know CSS would definitely be a huge plus.

Hi Kenny and Dan,

We do have a developer working specifically on making that theme compatible with IE, but I believe the issue she is trying to overcome now is fitting PrestaShop's style into the number of CSS calls permitted by IE. Right now, IE only allows 30 CSS calls, I believe, while PrestaShop has more than that. So that is what our dev team is working on regarding full compatibility with IE.

And Dan, as for your suggestion, please post it as an Improvement on the Forge here so that our developers can look into it.

Thanks again for the suggestions. This will be the best way to make sure your voice is heard.

-Mike

Hi Mike,

I've thought that css issue on I.E. was already solved, because now with 1.4.6.2 all css are "aggregated" belong a temporary css file that end witt *all.css but on 1.4.5.1 there were several css files that created several problems with I.E. Please clarify it because recently with 1.4.6.2 I've not faced issues with I.E. but may be I'm wrong. Any way I'm very tired of I.E. but unfortunately is still used.

Ciao

Davide

Hi Mike, and others..

I did a fresh install of the latest Prestashop and then installed the new theme, no changing other settings or adding anything else, except resizing the images/thumbnails as directed in the instructions.

My previous issues with the search bar/box alignment are now gone, good news.

Initially there was still an issue with a rogue menu appearing when you clicked on a category. This was resolved by previous advice to change to CCC from CSS, good news.

The only remaining issues are:

The shopping cart, expands on mouse over but doesn't always shrink back on exit, this for me happens when I exit from the top of the cart?? most other times it is ok. This isn't such a big deal for me, I can live with it.

The menu bar shading/colouring doesn't work for drop down menus, eg mouse over the Home menu and only the border appears, if you mouse over an item within the menu, you can then see it. A bit confusing, I've attached a screenshot which hopefully makes sense. As far as I'm concerned, this is the only significant issue that would possibly stop me from using the new theme.

I'd be grateful for your thoughts Mike on the remaining last 2 issues and if 'we' are close to a resolution, getting close!!

Regards,

Kenny G

post-291759-0-24960900-1326378882_thumb.jpg

Hi Kenny,

I do not have problems with all browsers also I.E. 9 (I've not tested I.E. 8) I've tested with firefox, opera, safari for win, chrome, i.e. 9 and ipad. On performances I've selected keep w3c standard. I'm sending a post with my web sites so you can take a look on them.

Bye

Davide

Hi Mike,

Thanks, I'll give that a go but for me the shopping cart 'issue' isn't a big problem and I can live with it.

My problem with the menu, seems strange, DIT very helpfully demonstrated some sites for him that didn't have the same problem despite using the same version of PS and theme. Not sure what is causing my issues, would be interested If anyone else is still reporting the same problem with the menu.

Again, I can probably work around this issue. If you are interested you could check out the site at www.oldscotlandphotos.co.uk It will eventually be a site offerring old b&w photos of Scotland for sale and viewing, very much work in progress!! at the moment till I get the theme tweeked.

Cheers,

Kenny

Hi Mike, Davide,

I've put it back to a clean version of the theme, only added changed logos and still getting funny menu shading with IE. Looks great in Firefox though :-)

I feel bad taking up your valuable time with this issue that seems only to be an isue I'm having at the moment.

I'd be really grateful if you could help with a couple of theme tweeks. I'd like to change the block header colours and in some cases the text, eg change New Products to just New. If you could point me in the right direction to make these tweeks I'd be grateful.

Thanks for the help,

Kenny G

Hi,

I have an issue with the product alignment when I add some product to the HOME category.

Can anyone advise how it is possible to fix it?

I attach pictures for reference, site link is itmarket24.eu

http://imageshack.us...roductlist.png/

Any help is really appreciated,

Thanks,

Orutech.

I'm having the same problem with featured products alignment - looks like there's a missing clearing div/element after the 4th, 8th etc. product block as the offset seems to be created by it 'catching' on the block above.

I've been looking at modules/homefeatured/homefeatured.tpl but am not much of a coder.

Did you or anyone else find a solution ?

Hey Mike (And everyone else)

I have a very fustrating white space in the buttom of my page.

http://homeshop.rushnetworks.dk/product.php?id_product=409

Can you help me point out what could be the reason for this?

Thanks!

You have strange things on your css. First you have modified container 9 grid9 (with 995px) width ... why ? secondly you have wrong css directive on your html with background and color. Also your green background shoud be a vertical or horizontal "motiv" and not 160 x 160 px, in such way you cannot fit it properly on your background with "generic repeat". Finally you have many points to adjust. Ciao

Hi Rush Networks,

The more I look at your theme, the more I'm curious about where you found it, because it appears to integrate some features (including the footer) of our new default theme with another template, and my guess is that this integration is what may be causing you these sorts of issues if it wasn't completely seamless.

-Mike

Hi Rush Networks,

The more I look at your theme, the more I'm curious about where you found it, because it appears to integrate some features (including the footer) of our new default theme with another template, and my guess is that this integration is what may be causing you these sorts of issues if it wasn't completely seamless.

-Mike

Hey Mike,

It's based on the new default theme and modded with the functions we like.

I will use some hours today to see if I can figure out where the issue starts, then I will return and hope that you can help with a solution (I think the problem happened when i made the BG.

Thanks

Christian

Hey all,

I'm new to PrestaShop and have just installed the new theme, i prefer it to the previous one much more professional.

However I have a problem that the contact and site map links are not where they should be and I have checked that they are hooked correctly. They are hooked into top of page as they should be but they are showing just above the new products block, see attached picture.

Anyone help me out with how to fix it?

Cheers

Steve

post-316261-0-39387700-1327275635_thumb.png

hi everyone

i've just started working with the new 1.5 theme and am trying to get my head around how the 960 grid system is implemented,

is there any documentation available about this ?

i just want to extend the right column to full width, as a second footer

any advice ?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I am having the problem where in the footer, the reinsurrance module displays vertically instead of horizontally. The problem is in all web browsers.

I have checked and it's in the footer space.

I have attached a picture of the problem.

I am also struggling with the header. Could you mention which modules need to be hooked to the header?

Thank you very much

Julie

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all,

I have upgraded to 1.5 prestashop theme with version 1.4.6.2. However, I just notice that my shop starts not to send order email to me when customer make order.

I have already tried sending question through the contact form and it works fine. However, when I try decreasing stock availability to zero, no email is received (which should be sent for the previous theme). It seems that the problem only happen for all emails that related to the module mail alerts. I checked the module setting and it seems OK.

Just wonder if I missed some steps for fixing the problem?

Thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone gotten an answer for this?

Hi jsimsar

I had the same problem as you and could solve it the following way. Go in the Backend Admin to Modules and jump to the Module "Block reinsurance". There you can choose several options like Delete, Display, Reset, Configure... Just click on Reset and hook the module again to the Footer (First position).

After i did that it's working now fine (displays horizontal)

Hope this helps you too.

Regards,

Manolo

• 4 weeks later...

hi all, i use PS 1.4.7.0 with 1.5 theme, how to add cms pages to top horizontal menu?

drop down:

information

- delivey

- legal nitice

- terms and condition

cms categories success drop down (how to rename it from Home to categories), cms pages not visible on top horizontal module (i want to name it information) thx