[SOLVED] 1.5 Prestashop theme - a couple of problems

I also have a little problem with the new footer.

It's regarding the placing of the Product Attributes module (it's vertical instead for horisontal)

footer_problem.png

hi

i wonder if your reinsurance block issue resolved or not?

even i have installed the 1.5 theme recently but block reinsurance is transplant into header of the page. however i tried uninstall reinstall but it dosent appear in browser at all.

pls let me know solution.

Hi

I have the same problem with translating text New in home fatured block.

From BO translating - doesn't work.

Hello, i have a problem with the number of days for which the product is considered 'new', the "new" tag does not disappear even if the nr. of days is 0, i use the prestashop_new theme, same in home fetured product where the "New" tag can't be translated

• 3 weeks later...

I am using the latest version of prestashop 1.4.7.3 and after installing the new theme 1.5 I cannot add or update the customer's address. I get an error message saying "Invalid token". This problem wasn't there before with the default theme. Has anyone got a fix for this bug, or anyone experiencing the same bug?

This is a major bug and it stops me from using this theme.

I managed to solve this problem which has to do with the address format. If I remove the company field, it will cause the error. So I put the company field back in and the problem goes away. Is this a bug or a feature?

I am using the latest version of prestashop 1.4.7.3 and after installing the new theme 1.5 I cannot add or update the customer's address. I get an error message saying "Invalid token". This problem wasn't there before with the default theme. Has anyone got a fix for this bug, or anyone experiencing the same bug?

This is a major bug and it stops me from using this theme.

Just came across another bug relating to sendtoafriend2 module. This module works if the language is one of the built in languages, ie. English, French, Spanish, German, Italian because there is already an email template for it. The problem for me is when I go to create the email template for the language that I want (Tools - Translations - Email templates) it displays an "Object not found" error and won't let me change the template. It looks like some file is missing or the link to that file is wrong.

Anyone knows how to fix this bug. Any suggestion?

I have a problem where the top horizontal menu bar dissapears when I move to a category view. It works OK for the main page and product view.

In the category view the menu turns to text spread over the header. All works OK for Firefox, safari but not IE9.

I have changed to use CCC for CSS as suggested but the problem persists.

In reading this long topic it looks like Prestashop see this issue as resolved but I still can't fix the problem.

Can anybody please help ?

Update: I deleted a few modules and now it all seems to work OK. Problem solved for now.

Thanks

Paul

• 2 weeks later...

I am trying to install the New standard theme PrestaShop 1.5 in my local development environment based on WAMT server. It's a completely new setup with prestashop 1.4.7.

When I import this theme (freshly downloaded from prestashop website) in my prestashop installation, not all modules are shown. Snapshot attached. blocktopmenu, blockcontact and some other are not shown.

It's absolutely fresh installation on my local machine. Can somebody put some light, what is going wrong and where?

post-304017-0-04351300-1335698061_thumb.png

• 3 weeks later...

I have looked and double looked, but I cannot find this readme.txt anywhere. Could anyone post it here? I am interested in the order of the blocks.

I'm looking for this readme file too. It is not available in the download package.

Can anyone post it here?

Because it seems I can not change the size of the product images.

I changed the size in BO to 250x250px and then regenerate the images, only on the product pages they stay at the original 300x300px

I'm looking for this readme file too. It is not available in the download package.

Can anyone post it here?

Because it seems I can not change the size of the product images.

I changed the size in BO to 250x250px and then regenerate the images, only on the product pages they stay at the original 300x300px

Hi stimpy,

Have you tried clearing your browser's cache?

-Mike

In that case, you can change that value manually in your theme's css/product.css file.

Hi Mike,

I tried to change allmost every value in this css file. No mather what, the product image remains 300 x 300 px

Any more ideas what can cause this problem?

kind regards

Please be sure to clear your browser's cache as well, or you may not see the changes reflected on your site.

Hi Mike, Thanx for the help so far.

The cache was cleared, so that's not it.

I noticed something strange though. I can resize these images: medium, thickbox, home en thumb scene.

And these image sizes do not change: small, large, category.

This is how I test it: I change the size in BO, then regenerate the images, clear the cache of the browser (tested multiple browsers).

About the .css file: I managed to change the stylesheet so the images do not overlap the text. But I did not found a way to resize the images in this file.

kind regards

What version of PrestaShop are you using? I tested this on 1.4.7.1 with no issues at all.

Server info:

PrestaShop version: 1.4.7.3

Server: Linux #1 SMP Mon Jan 16 16:22:28 UTC 2012 x86_64

Server software: Apache

PHP version: 5.3.3-7+squeeze8

MySQL version: 5.1.49-3

Hi Mike,

I found the solution!

I noticed that for every product image on my server there was a English version and a translated version.

10-50-large.jpg

10-50-groot.jpg

When changing back "groot" to large in the BO -> preferences -> images, everything is as it should be.

So should I not be translating these image sizes in the BO?

Hi Mike,

I found the solution!

I noticed that for every product image on my server there was a English version and a translated version.

10-50-large.jpg

10-50-groot.jpg

When changing back "groot" to large in the BO -> preferences -> images, everything is as it should be.

So should I not be translating these image sizes in the BO?

Yes, that could be causing you those issues because then you have the size classified two different ways which can lead to issues when regenerating your thumbnails.

I'm glad you were able to resolve this! I'll go ahead and mark this thread as solved for you. Happy selling!

-Mike

Hi,

I've a problem with "Add to cart" button: I can't see it on category/product pages.

categ1.jpg

prod1.jpg

This is my configuration (I'm trying it in Localhost)

Versione di Prestashop:

Versione di PHP:

Versione di MySQL:

C

Thank you, regards

Davide

I am using New Theme 1.5 and I found this critical problems:

With IE 7, 8 and 9:

- Users cant Login or Register new account

- Users cant add products to Cart

- On the top menu horizontal the drop-down list in HOME is too much transparent (only with IE 7 and 8)

- The Search Box is misaligned (only on IE 8)

With Firefox everything works fine.

My site:

hobbysector.com

I posted a thread in Presta forums here with the SOLUTIONS:

http://www.prestasho...tical-problems/

Edited by Pedro R. (see edit history)

Hi,

I really like the new v1.5 look!

But I have some problems to solve:

- On product list page all my product name appears truncated. See attached image:

post-364089-0-94226800-1337717198_thumb.png

On the right column in 'new products block' everything is fine with the product names. Is this problem already known for earlier versions of the default theme or it is related only to the new theme's code?

- I'd like to have something similar product listing method as the one below. Is there any settings in BO to list the products as a product group?

post-364089-0-44768000-1337717216_thumb.png

Cheers, Andras

Edited by AndrasJ (see edit history)

Hi,

In IE9 the theme is aligned completely to the left and the right column is shown under the center column.

No problems with other browsers...

Does anyone know what might cause this problem?

• 1 month later...

Hi benny,

Can you please provide some additional information on this, such as your URL and a link to the theme you're using?

-Mike

iam using themes prestashop-template-15

can u see link below

Try changing the address of the client

http://demo.prestash...5/addresses.php

click button Update or Delete

redirects

http://demo.prestash...plate15/address

Not Found

The requested URL /template15/address was not found on this server.

my site same like this, can you help me to solve this problem? client can not create account, update account

Edited by [email protected] (see edit history)

Hi Benny,

I just tried this on the link you provided with no issues. I created a new account, clicked on Update and was properly redirected to the page to update my address.

Can you please try clearing your browser's cache and cookies and then test this again?

-Mike

Hi Benny,

I just tried this on the link you provided with no issues. I created a new account, clicked on Update and was properly redirected to the page to update my address.

Can you please try clearing your browser's cache and cookies and then test this again?

-Mike

here the screen

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/716/1234kq.jpg/

there is no complete form registration such as country, city, etc

whats the problem with that??

thank you very much

Hi benny,

I am unable to replicate this error on your site, as everything looks perfectly fine on my end:

post-276528-0-73549900-1342623181_thumb.png

Have you already cleared your browser cache and cookies and smarty/compile and smarty/cache directories?

-Mike

thank you for your help

:)

im sorry for my mistake

i have done with your command

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Mike,

Where do we report bugs on the v1.5 template?

There seems to be a problem with the 404 page - sidebars and footer disappear, but if you do a 'View source' the code is there, just not being displayed.

There's a couple of image paths wrong on the search box and button too.

See attached screen grab.

post-45908-0-40826500-1343660763_thumb.jpg

Edited by Pixel (see edit history)

• 10 months later...

I'm getting some issues since upgrading from latest 1.4.x to 1.5.4.1. The images of product go on top of the text of the product.

On the main page the homefeatured (produits phare) are showing 1-2 item per line instead of 4.

http://www.soins-solaire.com/prestashop/index.php

and

http://www.soins-solaire.com/prestashop/index.php?id_product=45&controller=product

The logo in the upper left did go on top of categories, but using 1.5.4.0 theme seem to hav corrected the issue.

Thanks!