[solved] Anyone able to use Upgrade in BO for 1.4.4.1?

I ended up doing the upgrade from 1.4.4.0 to 1.4.4.1 the old manual method because I couldn't get the upgrade tab in the BO to function. Did anyone get it to work?

Edit: This was corrected by updates to Prestashop and files I loaded from the SVN version. There are a number of people who had issues, and ultimately the upgrade feature was updated in the final release of 1.4.4.1. I was able to use the upgrade feature going from 1.4.4.1 to 1.4.5.1

Well it is an experimental option they still might have problems with it it seems. I do hope they get this option fix as I am sure they will in due time because its what prestashop has needed for a long time.

Thanks you very much Dreamtheme ! This will be fixed in the next release, and we will also provide a patch for that file only.

You can fixing that by commenting the code doing the following :

1. Open AdminUpgrade.php, go line 1117 to find

if ($this->apacheModExists('mod_evasive'))
		sleep(1);

2. replace by :

//		if ($this->apacheModExists('mod_evasive'))
		sleep(1);

if you are sure that your apache server doesn't have the module "mod_evasive", you can comment the both lines.

Cammo,

if the store is enabled, the upgrade process desactivate it before going further.

Ehinarr and DATO, can you see your php log error messages ? Maybe it's also "apache_get_modules" which is missing

• Like 1

Thanks you very much Dreamtheme ! This will be fixed in the next release, and we will also provide a patch for that file only.

You can fixing that by commenting the code doing the following :

1. Open AdminUpgrade.php, go line 1117 to find

if ($this->apacheModExists('mod_evasive'))
		sleep(1);

2. replace by :

//		if ($this->apacheModExists('mod_evasive'))
		sleep(1);

if you are sure that your apache server doesn't have the module "mod_evasive", you can comment the both lines.

Cammo,

if the store is enabled, the upgrade process desactivate it before going further.

Ehinarr and DATO, can you see your php log error messages ? Maybe it's also "apache_get_modules" which is missing

i tried that, it works during files backup step but it starts to upgrade to new version, i got the same error :

[server Error] Status message : error

any idea ?

thank you

okay, now the news is when i do

// if ($this->apacheModExists('mod_evasive'))

after backup been done. the notice been [server Error] Status message : error

again.

Yep and this is how i done it and it works

First i modify adminupgrade as Michael says. The process started, then i get error from the screenshots due to this that i have other prestashop installations inside prestashop root dir. So i delete them while upgrade is going in and started the process again and when upgrading start i get server error again.

I figure it out cause new presta vesrion is downloaded and extracted from presta servers, but their adminupgrade is not fixed, so its replaces the fixed one and after that it stop the proccess with the same error. So what i did is, when upgrade started when you are in "auto backup" step on the process and after upgrade "extracted" new version i uploaded fixed adminupgrade in "autoupgrade/latest/prestashop/admin/tabs" folder.

And this worked like a charm and my version is upgraded now.

When presta team fix in their server version adminupgrade this step won't be needed.

post-184490-0-28367500-1314450548_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Obviously it was the right thing to do Dreamtheme. This is already fixed in the development version, and this will be in the next release, available in a few weeks.

Anyway the 1.4.4.1 version doesn't do more than replacing the ajax.php and AdminHome.php files, and this is a minor security improvement.

Rhapsody, if you don't have the tab (Tools > Upgrade), maybe it's a bug from a previous version. Does the file "/admin/tabs/AdminUpgrade.php" exists ?

Hi, the fix proposed by you worked, now the message is:

[server Error] Status message : error!

I think that the error may be that one listed below, extracted from my error_log:

[sat Aug 27 12:49:45 2011] [error] [client 200.98.197.15] File does not exist: /home/ehinarrsolutions/public_html/storedir/admindir/themes/img, referer: ...

So, I choosed by do not save images and the upgrade finished with success.

Thanks a lot.

Anyway the 1.4.4.1 version doesn't do more than replacing the ajax.php and AdminHome.php files, and this is a minor security improvement.

Dear Michaël,

PS 1.4.4.1 does not contain an updated AdminHome.php. In SVN, the latest AdminHome.php revision stems from Aug 17th. Also, the AdminHome.php file from both 1.4.4.0 and 1.4.4.1 have a timestamp of July 15th and diffing shows identical files.

It's perhaps a small thing, but there is quite a bit of confusion which files are updated by the security patch and in PS 1.4.4.1, especially in the security fix topic.

As far as I know, only ajax.php has been updated. In fact, this has been confirmed by Franck Brignoli when I sent him an e-mail regarding this specific question.

Cheers,

Andreas

Rhapsody, if you don't have the tab (Tools > Upgrade), maybe it's a bug from a previous version. Does the file "/admin/tabs/AdminUpgrade.php" exists ?

Yes I have the tab and the file. It is just that when I tried the upgrade using the tab I get the message:

Currently processing :

I'm waiting for your command, sir

Hello,

I had the problem too on my production site but not on my localhost so i transfered database and software 1.4.4.0 on localhost and i migrated on localhost and after transfered on my production. A little bit longuer but still quicker than before.

Mehdi

um.... when i set this to be on. now i stop at notice: I'm waiting for your command, sir

Dear Michaël,

PS 1.4.4.1 does not contain an updated AdminHome.php. In SVN, the latest AdminHome.php revision stems from Aug 17th. Also, the AdminHome.php file from both 1.4.4.0 and 1.4.4.1 have a timestamp of July 15th and diffing shows identical files.

I noticed the same. Was confused as my adminhome.php hadn't changed? Guess I'll just replace the Ajax.php but will this update my Prestashop version number in the BO?

@Ehinarr:

Thanks for the answer, But if i choose do not save images. will update delete all of my product images? Thanks.

I had backed up the folder "/img" by downloading it to my computer. However, at the end of the upgrade, no image was erased from my shop. So I intuit that the copy is only for the rollback feature in case of problems after upgrading, is nothing more than a backup of your store. But I suggest doing what I did, save your images before making the upgrade.

I think the path to the folder of images is wrong. He seems to be within the "/admin" folder and not the root of the store.

[sat Aug 27 12:49:45 2011] [error] [client 200.98.197.15] File does not exist: /home/ehinarrsolutions/public_html/storedir/admindir/themes/img, referer: ...

Hi,

I have modified the AdminUpgrade and tried it but now it seems that after downloading it cannot write it to myadminfolder/autoupgrade/latest.

Message is unable to extract to ...

I verified and the folders are all 755.

Anyone encountered that ?

EDIT : now it hits me, I am trying to upgrade a test version hosted on a protected folder; how can I circumvent that because it doesn't ask for the password :mellow: ?

If I manually download and extract the Presta zip and hit upgrade afterwards ? What should I put in the /latest folder, the prestashop directory or it's content only ?

EDIT 2 : it doesn't work either way, it always trying to download it is even downloading 3.5 Mb then it stops with an undefinedRollback? message.

Hi,

i used the native module which came inside the 1.4.4.0 prestashop package.

Had no problem but i m not sure about the happy ending of the whole process

The procedure stops with no error at:

- All sample files removed. Now backup files

- Nothing is longer done

- Setting.inc.php is not modified at the current version

if i re-enable the shop all goes well

best regards

Leo

• 3 weeks later...

I'm always getting this kind of error:

error when trying to add /<path_to_shop>/1.4.4.0/install.old/classes/ToolsInstall.php to archive .

Anyone with the same error?

I upgraded AdminUpdate.php to the latest 1.4.4.1 version

I solved it. This type of error is related to this part of AdminUpdate.php:

/**
* int loopBackupFiles : if your server has a low memory size, lower this value
* @TODO remove the static, add a const, and use it like this : min(AdminUpgrade::DEFAULT_LOOP_ADD_FILE_TO_ZIP,Configuration::get('LOOP_ADD_FILE_TO_ZIP');
*/
public static $loopBackupFiles = 1000;
/**
* int loopUpgradeFiles : if your server has a low memory size, lower this value
*/
public static $loopUpgradeFiles = 1000;
/**
* intloopRemoveSamples : if your server has a low memory size, lower this value
*/
public static $loopRemoveSamples = 1000;

I just replaced the "1000" numbers with 300. Upgrade it's a bit slower but it worked :)

• 4 weeks later...

Steps that must pass in order to upgrade successfully:

1. Replace&upgrade AdminUpgrade.php from prestashop 1.4.4.1 (latest version)

2. Perform the upgrade process

3. Note the description of the upgrade process, if the step download process and extract prestashop completed (while waiting for the process entirely complete), do the editing AdminUpgrade.php on: / ps_admin / autoupgrade / latest / prestashop / ps_admin / tabs / AdminUpgrade.php as done in point 1 , with the filemanager or SmartFTP.

4. Allow the upgrade process done completely by prestashop, pending the outcome.

Kudos to adjayabdg and Michaël Marinetti!!

After reading the thread, I went with Michaël's comment instructions for AdminUpgrade.php based on the above summary written by adjayabdg and the AutoUpgrade worked perfectly!! I am now a happy web shop owner having upgraded from 1.4.4.0 to 1.4.5.1 without hitches.

It is so fantastic that upgrading is now super easy. I am delighted. Thanks for taking the time to solve this little upgrade issue. Now I don't have to worry so much about the time involved in upgrading my shop.

Thanks to all who have worked to add this AutoUpgrade feature. It is really a great help!!!

Hi Rhapsody,

In answer to your original question:

Yes, I have successfully upgraded from 1.4.4.0 to 1.4.5.1 after following advice of Michaël Marinetti and adjayabdg. AutoUpgrade worked perfectly (with the amendments these two persons made in your thread).

Perhaps you can mark your post as [solved]? :) This will point others in the right direction.

Hi, I did the upgrade on the same way, but on my BO is something wrong. It points to version 1.4.4.0 and below it says: Your shop is already up to date. Also in the footer I have the version 1.4.4.0. So what ? It's updated or not ? It seems that I have the same problem as leonardo. settings.inc.php was not updated. Is this normal ? the tab I cannot remove. Click there is effectless

post-60291-0-75227600-1319648700_thumb.jpg

anybody here to help me?

if i unzip the latest version and just overwrite the old one with the new one on FTP... will that work?

or will it ruin my website? its a production site... so im very apprehensive about it.....

please someone help me!

Copy the folder to preserve what you have. Backup the database. With these two steps, you can always go back to where you are now.

You should be able to upload the unzipped files and follow the manual upgrade process using the prestashop install script. Make sure your image files and mail files are uploaded after that, and any customizations you have done.

If it doesn't work, restore the database and copy the directory using the backup you made. All you loose is a few minutes out of your life.....

• 1 month later...

Steps that must pass in order to upgrade successfully:

1. Replace&upgrade AdminUpgrade.php from prestashop 1.4.4.1 (latest version)

2. Perform the upgrade process

3. Note the description of the upgrade process, if the step download process and extract prestashop completed (while waiting for the process entirely complete), do the editing AdminUpgrade.php on: / ps_admin / autoupgrade / latest / prestashop / ps_admin / tabs / AdminUpgrade.php as done in point 1 , with the filemanager or SmartFTP.

4. Allow the upgrade process done completely by prestashop, pending the outcome.

Hi, i do not understand the step 1.

How do i Replace&upgrade AdminUpgrade.php and where can i get the file?

Pls help... Thks...

• 5 months later...

Hello,

this problem was happened to me too.

Looks the apache error file on your server. In my case, the error appeared was in class cache.

In order to update what you can do is to disable the cache, smarty first, and Cache (where it says memcache). When you disable these two points can update without problems.

Here the same explanation http://forge.prestas...9#comment-54459

I hope this helps!

Edited by cokarmando (see edit history)

• 7 months later...