Mozahab

: HTTP 500 - error - 500 Server Error 67% Install Addons modules

I got the below error 

: HTTP 500 - error - 500 Server Error

on 

67% Install Addons modules. 

500.png

Hi,

Please check the permissions of the files /index.php and /install/index.php. it should be 755. You can check it from any FTP software like FileZilla or cPanel.

Just locate your file there and click "edit permissions" or "permissions" button (may be through right click).

i have same problem

Create file parameters

Create database tables

Create default shop and languages

Populate database tables

Configure shop information

Install modules

Install Addons modules

An error occurred during installation...

You can use the links on the left column to go back to the previous steps, or restart the installation process by clicking here.

1: HTTP 200 - parsererror -

Untitled.jpg

I Changed the PHP from 7.4 to 7.2 and now the error moved  from 67% to 78% Install theme 🤕

Edited by Mozahab (see edit history)

Hi

Just to confirm, I have the same problem with installing Prestashop 1.7*, Error 500 stalls at "Install Addons modules" , I tried the file permissions above however it did not fix my problem.

Since I have investigated and confirm this is related to sites which are using SSL, change both the parameters in the SQL database to 1

PS_SSL_ENABLED
PS_SSL_ENABLED_EVERYWHERE

Hope this helps

Nick

Hi,
The parameters in the SQL database change to 1  ( PS_SSL_ENABLED ; PS_SSL_ENABLED_EVERYWHERE) 
I did that also but still have the problem 

errore.png

Hi

Did you also check the permissions of the files /index.php and /install/index.php and the /install/ directory should be 755?

For information my PHP is 7.2 and version Prestashop 1.7.6.5

Nick

Nelmes,
Yes , the permissions of the files /index.php and /install/index.php and the /install/ directory 755! 
I did that also but still have the problem 

I had this problem also, tried installing older versions etc after becoming so frustrated. Searched everywhere on the web for 2 days! This worked for me, couldn't find this fix anywhere:

In my case I didn't have to change any permissions

I changed PHP to 7.0 

Rather than uploading the 3 files (prestashop.zip, index.php, Install_PrestaShop.html)  to FileZilla, I unpacked the prestashop.zip into a folder and dragged all files over to FileZilla public_html directory. Takes roughly 10 minutes!

Tried my website and it finally got past 67%.

One thing to note when i tried accessing my back office the link wasn't working, link in address bar was ending with "/admin" after installation, just copy the folder name "adminxxxxxxxxx" generated in FTP and paste in address bar. 

Seems as if everything's working fine.

I'm hosting with 123Reg Linux Essentials.

Edited by bencassell (see edit history)

PLEASE HELP!!! 

I have the same ERROR and I don't understand the problem. I follow three days with this problem. Do you have any answer? 

Thank you !!

On 3/17/2020 at 8:12 AM, Mozahab said:

Obtuve el siguiente error 

: HTTP 500 - error - 500 Error del servidor

en 

El 67% instala módulos de complementos. 

500.png

I found errors with the previous method, wasn't functioning correctly so I deleted everything and started again.

After 3 days trying to upload all different ways via FTP FileZilla, I decided to upload directly via my cPanel file manager, once files were uploaded I then used Chrome Incognito to install (Install_PrestaShop.html, index.php, prestashop.zip)  

Which made it work! No changes to code whatsoever!

I think the trick was installing in incognito mode, but like I said uploading files directly to cPanel could have done it.

I've tried this twice now and worked fine both times.

Using PHP 7.0

Note: Back office link wont work in incognito when installs complete, delete the /install folder and then use normal chrome to access your domain.com/adminxxxxxxxxx

Okay so I just uploaded again through my cPanel without installing through incognito mode and it worked a charm.

Turns out FileZilla FTP was the root of the problem for me.

On 5/14/2020 at 10:31 PM, denko said:

PLEASE HELP!!! 

I have the same ERROR and I don't understand the problem. I follow three days with this problem. Do you have any answer? 

Thank you !!

Did you get it working?

I've also just used Dreamweaver to upload and it uploaded and installed fine, FileZilla was the problem for me

same problem(error 67%). i have tried many times. so please help me for a solution. 

I wish I could get that far! I've been trying for weeks to install this and pulling my hair out. Mine crashes at 12% with the 500 error and I have no idea how to fix it. I have checked and redefined all permissions, installed all needed modules and everything. Connection to database checks fine. I'm running on Windows 2008 server R2 with IIS7.

PS_crash.jpg

I managed to solve this and get a complete install by attempting the install on a clean Google Chrome (no extensions).

I was trying with Firefox with a bunch of extensions (didn't try without them), so I'm not sure if the extensions played any role. Don't know why, but it worked.

I had tried installing with PHP 7.1 at first, then 7.3 and both had the same error.

In the end the install succeeded for me with PHP 7.3 and using Google Chrome.

Hope that helps somebody.

Failed

PrestaShop version: 1.7.6.7
PHP version: 7.2+
Succeeded

PrestaShop version: 1.7.6.7
PHP version: 7.1.32

using MacOS and MAMP