: HTTP 500 - error - 500 Server Error 67% Install Addons modules

Hi,

Please check the permissions of the files /index.php and /install/index.php. it should be 755. You can check it from any FTP software like FileZilla or cPanel.

Just locate your file there and click "edit permissions" or "permissions" button (may be through right click).

i have same problem

Create file parameters

Create database tables

Create default shop and languages

Populate database tables

Configure shop information

Install modules

Install Addons modules

An error occurred during installation...

You can use the links on the left column to go back to the previous steps, or restart the installation process by clicking here.

1: HTTP 200 - parsererror -

Untitled.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hi

Just to confirm, I have the same problem with installing Prestashop 1.7*, Error 500 stalls at "Install Addons modules" , I tried the file permissions above however it did not fix my problem.

Since I have investigated and confirm this is related to sites which are using SSL, change both the parameters in the SQL database to 1

PS_SSL_ENABLED
PS_SSL_ENABLED_EVERYWHERE

Hope this helps

Nick

Hi

Did you also check the permissions of the files /index.php and /install/index.php and the /install/ directory should be 755?

For information my PHP is 7.2 and version Prestashop 1.7.6.5

Nick

I had this problem also, tried installing older versions etc after becoming so frustrated. Searched everywhere on the web for 2 days! This worked for me, couldn't find this fix anywhere:

In my case I didn't have to change any permissions

I changed PHP to 7.0 

Rather than uploading the 3 files (prestashop.zip, index.php, Install_PrestaShop.html)  to FileZilla, I unpacked the prestashop.zip into a folder and dragged all files over to FileZilla public_html directory. Takes roughly 10 minutes!

Tried my website and it finally got past 67%.

One thing to note when i tried accessing my back office the link wasn't working, link in address bar was ending with "/admin" after installation, just copy the folder name "adminxxxxxxxxx" generated in FTP and paste in address bar. 

Seems as if everything's working fine.

I'm hosting with 123Reg Linux Essentials.

Edited by bencassell (see edit history)

PLEASE HELP!!! 

I have the same ERROR and I don't understand the problem. I follow three days with this problem. Do you have any answer? 

Thank you !!

On 3/17/2020 at 8:12 AM, Mozahab said:

Obtuve el siguiente error 

: HTTP 500 - error - 500 Error del servidor

en 

El 67% instala módulos de complementos. 

500.png

• Like 1

I found errors with the previous method, wasn't functioning correctly so I deleted everything and started again.

After 3 days trying to upload all different ways via FTP FileZilla, I decided to upload directly via my cPanel file manager, once files were uploaded I then used Chrome Incognito to install (Install_PrestaShop.html, index.php, prestashop.zip)  

Which made it work! No changes to code whatsoever!

I think the trick was installing in incognito mode, but like I said uploading files directly to cPanel could have done it.

I've tried this twice now and worked fine both times.

Using PHP 7.0

Note: Back office link wont work in incognito when installs complete, delete the /install folder and then use normal chrome to access your domain.com/adminxxxxxxxxx

On 5/14/2020 at 10:31 PM, denko said:

PLEASE HELP!!! 

I have the same ERROR and I don't understand the problem. I follow three days with this problem. Do you have any answer? 

Thank you !!

Did you get it working?

I've also just used Dreamweaver to upload and it uploaded and installed fine, FileZilla was the problem for me

• 3 weeks later...

I wish I could get that far! I've been trying for weeks to install this and pulling my hair out. Mine crashes at 12% with the 500 error and I have no idea how to fix it. I have checked and redefined all permissions, installed all needed modules and everything. Connection to database checks fine. I'm running on Windows 2008 server R2 with IIS7.

PS_crash.jpg

• 2 months later...

I managed to solve this and get a complete install by attempting the install on a clean Google Chrome (no extensions).

I was trying with Firefox with a bunch of extensions (didn't try without them), so I'm not sure if the extensions played any role. Don't know why, but it worked.

I had tried installing with PHP 7.1 at first, then 7.3 and both had the same error.

In the end the install succeeded for me with PHP 7.3 and using Google Chrome.

Hope that helps somebody.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
On 5/6/2020 at 3:28 PM, Nelmes said:

Hi

Just to confirm, I have the same problem with installing Prestashop 1.7*, Error 500 stalls at "Install Addons modules" , I tried the file permissions above however it did not fix my problem.

Since I have investigated and confirm this is related to sites which are using SSL, change both the parameters in the SQL database to 1

PS_SSL_ENABLED
PS_SSL_ENABLED_EVERYWHERE

Hope this helps

Nick

Hi! This helped me, thank you.

Maybe stating the obvious here, but just wanted to point out that when doing fresh install, queries should be run only after the install have passed the phases of creating and populating the database (since these configurations do not exist in the database before that). Also make sure that you use the correct table prefix on the queries if you did set one.

• 2 weeks later...

I first followed the fix on the below youtube and now it got stuck at Install Addons Modules.

- Tried Chrome Incognito but same error.

Found this 

1.php.ini

max_execution_time = 0 memory_limit = 2G

restart your php 😀

2./etc/apache2/extra/httpd-default.conf

Timeout 3600 KeepAliveTimeout 50 <IfModule reqtimeout_module> RequestReadTimeout header=0,MinRate=500 body=0,MinRate=500 </IfModule>

restart your apache2 😀

3.sudo vim /etc/hosts

127.0.0.1 api.prestashop.com 127.0.0.1 api-addons.prestashop.com

4.classes/Tools.php

Search all timeout and replace timeout=100000

Now I have asked my hosting provider to apply the changes and I will give a re-try again.

So I keep getting the 500 error as well, here is the log entry for Apache;

[Mon May 03 09:14:10.145162 2021] [php7:error] [pid 200809] [client 69.92.226.250:50982] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Symfony\\Component\\Debug\\Exception\\ClassNotFoundException: Attempted to load class "Ps_accounts" from the global namespace.\nDid you forget a "use" statement? in /var/www/html/presta/modules/ps_metrics/vendor/prestashop/prestashop-accounts-auth/src/Handler/ErrorHandler/ErrorHandler.php:63\nStack trace:\n#0 /var/www/html/presta/modules/ps_metrics/vendor/prestashop/prestashop-accounts-auth/src/Handler/ErrorHandler/ErrorHandler.php(106): PrestaShop\\AccountsAuth\\Handler\\ErrorHandler\\ErrorHandler->__construct()\n#1 /var/www/html/presta/modules/ps_metrics/vendor/prestashop/prestashop-accounts-auth/src/Installer/Install.php(59): PrestaShop\\AccountsAuth\\Handler\\ErrorHandler\\ErrorHandler::getInstance()\n#2 /var/www/html/presta/modules/ps_metrics/ps_metrics.php(112): PrestaShop\\AccountsAuth\\Installer\\Install->installPsAccounts()\n#3 /var/www/html/presta/src/Adapter/Module/Module.php(249): Ps_metrics->install()\n#4 /var/www/html/presta/src/Core/Addon/Module/ModuleManager.php(302): PrestaShop\\PrestaShop\\Adapter\\Module\\M in /var/www/html/presta/modules/ps_metrics/vendor/prestashop/prestashop-accounts-auth/src/Handler/ErrorHandler/ErrorHandler.php on line 63, referer: https://prestacart.courtneyscandles.com/install/index.php?restart=true

Llevo muchísimas paginas creadas en prestashop 1.7.2.4 en los últimos años y de repente error 500 al intentar instalar (78% install addons) y solo deja instalar versiones superiores a 1.7.5 y php 7.3 o 7.4 no hay manera de instalar otras versiones de prestashop con php 7.2 o 7.0 y tengo casi 100 temas prestashop que no funcionan en versiones superiores a php 7.2 Alguien tiene alguna idea de como solucionar esto?

1 hour ago, grupostartrn said:

Llevo muchísimas paginas creadas en prestashop 1.7.2.4 en los últimos años y de repente error 500 al intentar instalar

Debes estar mas especifico al explicar el problema. Postea en la parte Español

On 5/3/2021 at 10:29 AM, adamwall said:

So I keep getting the 500 error as well, here is the log entry for Apache;

What php, mysql version do you run?

Edited by Nickz (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

hello I have problems it does not exceed 12%

version 1.7.7.5 in PHP 7.3 FPM

1: HTTP 503 - error -

Service Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

Edited by aceletta (see edit history)

hello I have problems 😪

1: An exception occurred while executing 'SELECT t0.id_tab AS id_tab_1, t0.id_parent AS id_parent_2, t0.position AS position_3, t0.module AS module_4, t0.class_name AS class_name_5, t0.route_name AS route_name_6, t0.active AS active_7, t0.enabled AS enabled_8, t0.hide_host_mode AS hide_host_mode_9, t0.icon AS icon_10 FROM 2s3x_tab t0 WHERE t0.class_name = ? LIMIT 1' with params ["AdminGamification"]: SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 2006 MySQL server has gone away

Screenshot_5.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hello.

I found that the problem was with generic "welcome" module, which gave me this error in Apache

PHP message: PHP Notice:  Use of undefined constant _PS_ADMIN_DIR_ - assumed '_PS_ADMIN_DIR_' in /home/marektest/domains/test17.sellmark.pl/public_html/modules/welcome/OnBoarding/Configuration.php

The temp resultion for me was to remove /modules/welcome and retry the installation, which then succeeded

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

GET /install/index.php?installModulesAddons=true&_=1625838043051 HTTP/1.0

AH01071: Got error 'PHP message: PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Symfony\\Component\\Yaml\\Exception\\ParseException: Malformed inline YAML string: { sso_resend_verification_email_url: '%ps_accounts.sso_resend_verification_email_url%', at line 73 (near "- { sso_resend_verification_email_url: '%ps_accounts.sso_resend_verification_email_url%',"). in /var/www/vhosts/1w1.eu/httpdocs/vendor/symfony/symfony/src/Symfony/Component/Yaml/Inline.php:447\nStack trace:\n#0 /var/www/vhosts/1w1.eu/httpdocs/vendor/symfony/symfony/src/Symfony/Component/Yaml/Inline.php(67): Symfony\\Component\\Yaml\\Inline::parseMapping('{ sso_resend_ve...', 87, Array)\n#1 /var/www/vhosts/1w1.eu/httpdocs/vendor/symfony/symfony/src/Symfony/Component/Yaml/Parser.php(534): Symfony\\Component\\Yaml\\Inline::parse('{ sso_resend_ve...', false, false, false, Array)\n#2 /var/www/vhosts/1w1.eu/httpdocs/vendor/symfony/symfony/src/Symfony/Component/Yaml/Parser.php(155): Symfony\\Component\\Yaml\\Parser->parseValue('{ sso_resend_ve...', false, false, false, 'sequence')\n#3 /var/www/vhosts/1w1....\n', referer: https://1w1.eu/install/index.php  

Any idea how to fix it?
ps 1.7.2.2 php 7.1 (server centos 8, plesk)

the same error for ps 1.7.5 php 7.2 or php 7.3

it is a new dedicated server just rented

Edited by ngn (see edit history)

probably everyone already know this... but for all the people who have problems installing PS (and server 500 error) ... using Filezilla FTP check these steps:

- Download the version you want to install 

- Uncompress the archive on your pc

Do not upload the Zip file directly to your web server.

- Check inside (configuration) FileZilla FTP how files will be considered/transfered (Automatic mode/binary mode and that file beginning with "." (dot like .htaccess) considered as ASCII

Hope could help someone. 

Danny

Edited by Danny (see edit history)

8 hours ago, Nickz said:

PHP.ini files set up for more memory, higher upload capacity, all php modules needed are satisfied?

Php.ini files set up memory is 512 MB

7 hours ago, Danny said:

probablemente todos ya lo sepan ... pero para todas las personas que tienen problemas para instalar PS (y el error del servidor 500) ... usando Filezilla FTP, verifique estos pasos:

- Descargue la versión que desea instalar 

- Descomprime el archivo en tu pc

No cargue el archivo Zip directamente en su servidor web.

- Verifique dentro (configuración) FileZilla FTP cómo se considerarán / transferirán los archivos (modo automático / modo binario y ese archivo que comienza con "." (Punto como .htaccess) considerado como ASCII

Hope podría ayudar a alguien. 

Danny

The problem is that it asks me for php 5.6 for the installation of ps 1.7.2.2 and it cannot install php 5.6 in centos 8 and with php 7.1 or 7.2 it stays blocked when installing addons modules, the problem is the vendor module that needs php 5.6 to be installed

7 hours ago, Danny said:

probablemente todos ya lo sepan ... pero para todas las personas que tienen problemas para instalar PS (y el error del servidor 500) ... usando Filezilla FTP, verifique estos pasos:

- Descargue la versión que desea instalar 

- Descomprime el archivo en tu pc

No cargue el archivo Zip directamente en su servidor web.

- Verifique dentro (configuración) FileZilla FTP cómo se considerarán / transferirán los archivos (modo automático / modo binario y ese archivo que comienza con "." (Punto como .htaccess) considerado como ASCII

Hope podría ayudar a alguien. 

Danny

With the auto instal prestashop application that comes in plesk I can install only the version ps 1.7.5 with php 7.1 or higher without any problem but most of the purchased modules and themes do not work in ps higher than 1.7.4 and so far the ps 1.7.2 worked very well for me, I will go back to centos 7 and I will try with php 5.6 and after the installation I will change it to php 7.2 as I did years ago. 
then I will tell you to see if it works like this

13 hours ago, ngn said:

he problem is that it asks me for php 5.6 for the installation of ps 1.7.2.2 and it cannot install php 5.6 in centos 8 and with php 7.1 or 7.2

Have a look onto that one here> https://www.tranit.co/linux/apache-install-running-php-5-6-php-7-2-centos-7-x64/

You might need a system admin to set your server up.

If interested send me a PM with more details.

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/1/2021 at 8:30 AM, Sellmark said:

Hello.

I found that the problem was with generic "welcome" module, which gave me this error in Apache

PHP message: PHP Notice:  Use of undefined constant _PS_ADMIN_DIR_ - assumed '_PS_ADMIN_DIR_' in /home/marektest/domains/test17.sellmark.pl/public_html/modules/welcome/OnBoarding/Configuration.php

The temp resultion for me was to remove /modules/welcome and retry the installation, which then succeeded

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Fresh install on my mamp server and same issue:

- Prestahop 1.7.3.0

- PHP 7.1

getting 

PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Symfony\Component\Yaml\Exception\ParseException: Malformed inline YAML string: { sso_resend_verification_email_url: '%ps_accounts.sso_resend_verification_email_url%', at line 73 (near "- { sso_resend_verification_email_url: '%ps_accounts.sso_resend_verification_email_url%',"). in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/test/vendor/symfony/symfony/src/Symfony/Component/Yaml/Inline.php:447

• 1 month later...
On 18/06/2021 at 15:55, aceletta said:

bonjour j'ai des problèmes  😪

1 : Une exception s'est produite lors de l'exécution de 'SELECT t0.id_tab AS id_tab_1, t0.id_parent AS id_parent_2, t0.position AS position_3, t0.module AS module_4, t0.class_name AS class_name_5, t0.route_name AS route_name_6, t0.active AS active_7 , t0.enabled AS enabled_8, t0.hide_host_mode AS hide_host_mode_9, t0.icon AS icon_10 FROM 2s3x_tab t0 WHERE t0.class_name = ? LIMIT 1' with params ["AdminGamification"] : SQLSTATE[HY000] : Erreur générale : 2006 MySQL server has gone away

Capture d'écran_5.jpg

Hello you find a solution please I have the same problem

• 8 months later...

I just encountered this issue when a customer asked me to install PrestaShop v1.7.6.9 on PHP 5.6.40.

The problem in this case was that the PrestaShop Installer was trying to install the latest version of the PrestaShop Metrics module, which is incompatible with PHP 5.6.40.

I fixed the issue by adding 'ps_metrics', to the $blacklist on line 931 of src/PrestaShopBundle/Install/Install.php.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/17/2020 at 3:32 PM, Presta Patron said:

Hi,

Please check the permissions of the files /index.php and /install/index.php. it should be 755. You can check it from any FTP software like FileZilla or cPanel.

Just locate your file there and click "edit permissions" or "permissions" button (may be through right click).

I set for my self to 0777 and it does not work
ps1776 and php7.4 on server

Please give up the local installation. The correct way is to choose a European and American server for installation, because the PrestaShop kernel needs to download a lot of remote files, and it is very likely that the terminal will be installed due to poor network. It will be very fast, and there will be no problems with installation failures.

1 hour ago, ZHSoft said:

Please give up the local installation. The correct way is to choose a European and American server for installation, because the PrestaShop kernel needs to download a lot of remote files, and it is very likely that the terminal will be installed due to poor network. It will be very fast, and there will be no problems with installation failures.

Actually i found what the problem was. It is because of limited database resources. I have two options only. Either contact my host provider to increase database resources or install in my local server and then migrate the whole installation to the server.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
7 minutes ago, kirianjahiem said:

i have tried many times. so please help me for a solution. 

If you have tried all steps and you have a new problem, just open a new topic. Explain what you did and what do you expect to work. You need to provide details and then you will get some one help you solve this.

5 hours ago, kirianjahiem said:

i have tried many times. so please help me for a solution. 

what solution you are looking for? For sitespeed you need to use the pagespeed to have an Idea how Google sees your site.
No good to use an alternative speedtest when your site fails in pagespeed and that is the threathold to pass. Its not confirmed that google uses the pagespeed but they give us that option. There is also think with google which gets you different results. Its unattended though.

https://www.thinkwithgoogle.com/feature/testmysite/

Edited by Nickz (see edit history)

Are you an Nginx server?
You can try configuration parameters to solve the problem, that's how I solved it.

Modify nginx configuration
In nginx.conf, set the following parameters to increase the timeout

http {
    fastcgi_connect_timeout 3600;
    fastcgi_send_timeout 3600;
    fastcgi_read_timeout 3600;
}

fastcgi_connect_timeout
fastcgi connection timeout, default 60 seconds

fastcgi_send_timeout
The timeout for the nginx process to send a request to the fastcgi process, the default value is 60 seconds

fastcgi_read_timeout
The timeout for the fastcgi process to send the output process to the nginx process, the default value is 60 seconds

Finally, restart Nginx, reinstall PrestaShop, and after a long wait, the installation will be successful.

Edited by ZHSoft (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...