[How To] Remove Powered by Prestashop form the footer and center it

So, have you ever wondered how to change the Powered by PrestaShop link on the footer? Or, have you ever wondered, how do I get that dang footer centered? Well, this how to guide is for you.

You will need to open the following file in your fovorate text editor. (Notepad++ for me!)

Browse to "\modules\blockvariouslinks". Open "blockvariouslinks.tpl". You will see the below text.

>
<!-- MODULE Block various links -->
</pre>
<ul>
{l s='Specials' mod='blockvariouslinks'}
{l s='New products' mod='blockvariouslinks'}
{l s='Top sellers' mod='blockvariouslinks'}
{l s='Contact us' mod='blockvariouslinks'}
   {foreach from=$cmslinks item=cmslink}
{$cmslink.meta_title|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}
   {/foreach}
{l s='Powered by' mod='blockvariouslinks'} PrestaShop™
</ul>
<br><!-- /MODULE Block various links --&gt

Change the code to the following code (you can just copy and paste if you want).

>
<!-- MODULE Block various links -->
</pre>
<ul style="text-align:center;">
{l s='Specials' mod='blockvariouslinks'}
{l s='New products' mod='blockvariouslinks'}
{l s='Top sellers' mod='blockvariouslinks'}
{l s='Contact us' mod='blockvariouslinks'}
   {/foreach}
   <!--{l s='Powered by' mod='blockvariouslinks'} PrestaShop™ -->
</ul>
<br><!-- /MODULE Block various links --&gt

Thats it.

If you want to add additional links to the footer you can do it in this file. This is just a html unordered list. Make sure you dont change any of the code in "{}".

Hope it helps!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

actually, all you have to do to center those footer links is

#footer .block_various_links {
text-align:center;
}

its bad to insert css into the html because if you forget you did that your going to spend hours trying to figure out why something doesnt work.

• 1 year later...
You can easily add a copyright notice — with a “self-updating” current year display as well.

Open this file:
\themes\YOUR_THEME\footer.tpl 
Add this code right after {$HOOK_FOOTER} 

{l s='Copyright'} © {$smarty.now|date_format:"%Y"} {$shop_name|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}. {l s='All Rights Reserved'}.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi! all

I have try to change by placing the last script in footer.tpl but now is just all footer gone .I have ben change back to back up footer.tpl but nothing I dot now if i Have to reinstal PrestaShop agaun I just cant find whats happend !!
Help !

• 1 month later...
Hi! all

I have try to change by placing the last script in footer.tpl but now is just all footer gone .I have ben change back to back up footer.tpl but nothing I dot now if i Have to reinstal PrestaShop agaun I just cant find whats happend !!
Help !

you dont need to do that, just unpack prestashop in another folder and find out that code line and update it into the file.
Care to make it look like the new file.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi, Iam using the prestashop 1.4 beta4 and tried using your code as described in the modules/blockvariouslink/blockvariouslink.tpl but cannot find any of /blockvariouslink/blockvariouslink.tpl these files under modules.Only found blockpermanentlink. Pls help. How do I add the copyright at the footer?

In PrestaShop v1.4, the footer code has been moved to the bottom of modules/blockcms/blockcms.tpl.

You should create themes//modules/blockcms/blockcms.tpl to override the file.

Thank you for this. I will surely use it in the future.
Regards.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
You can easily add a copyright notice — with a “self-updating” current year display as well.

Open this file:

{l s='Copyright'} © {$smarty.now|date_format:"%Y"} {$shop_name|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}. {l s='All Rights Reserved'}.

I like that!, However powered by is indeed now centered, but copyright and so, is now to the right and all rights reserved is under powered now.
How can I center all? Thanks!
Don C.

• 2 weeks later...

Open this file:

I like that!, However powered by is indeed now centered, but copyright and so, is now to the right and all rights reserved is under powered now.
How can I center all? Thanks!
Don C.

Add this above any code that you add to center the code (if that doesn't work try adding it next to the

tag):

The original solution in this thread originally fixed the issue for me and enabled me to edit the footer. However I recently upgraded to Prestashop version 1.4.0.17 and as said by others the variouslinks module is gone among other things replaced by the blockcms module.

However editing the blockcms tpl file does not change the footer. I know my stuff and was rather surprised when any changes that I made to the blockcms tpl file continue to not be displayed. I assume that there is something more ta work here...

Would anyone be able to help me with my question?

In PrestaShop v1.4, the footer code has been moved to the bottom of modules/blockcms/blockcms.tpl.

I think I found the asnwer to my problem.
Indeed, changing the original file in the PS main folder does not do anything.
So if I understand well and to be sure that I am not gonna mess with the shop, I follow the procedure as :

IN MY THEME FOLDER :
Create a folder modules
Create another folder blockcms with the original file blockcms.tpl inside.
Edit the blockcms.tpl according to my needs
Upload everything to the server

Is it a safe operation ?
Do I need to modify anything else or does the new mytheme/modules/blockcms/blockcms.tpl overrides alone ?
Do I need to upload the all blockcms files or just the blockcms.tpl ?
Thank you for your answer.
I don't dare to do it without reconfirmation first :-S
[EDIT]
WELL IT IS SOLVED. I copied the all blockcms folder. And modified my performances. It works !
Cheers,

So if I understand well and to be sure that I am not gonna mess with the shop, I follow the procedure as :

IN MY THEME FOLDER :
Create a folder modules

Is it a safe operation ?
Do I need to modify anything else or does the new mytheme/modules/blockcms/blockcms.tpl overrides alone ?
[EDIT]
WELL IT IS SOLVED. I copied the all blockcms folder. And modified my performances. It works !
Cheers,

Hi, when I do that all the footer with the links, disappears.
Also impossible to do anything from the footer.tpl

Wel, no way to do anything with the footer with prestashop 1.4.0.17 stable >:(

Any suggestions? Thanks.

IN MY THEME FOLDER :
Create a folder modules

Is it a safe operation ?
[EDIT]
Cheers,

Any suggestions? Thanks.

This was the solution: conect to your ftp server tools/smarty/compile and empty the folder compile

Regards.

Ahh thanks I've read it and customized already footer. Many thanks for the fast reply. I will probably have more Questions in this forum as I'm complete newbie in PS, but not in other platforms like OS commerce and Expression engine.

Does anybody can give a quick tip if I want to add additional mark up like one div just before closing the

main wrapper div, where can I find the template ?

I did what you said. When I go to the compile folder, there is nothing there since I deleted it the fist time.

Also I know if this matters, I got this template from templatemonster.com and there link is also in the footer

• Like 1

IN MY THEME FOLDER :
Create a folder modules

Is it a safe operation ?
[EDIT]
Cheers,

Any suggestions? Thanks.

This was the solution: conect to your ftp server tools/smarty/compile and empty the folder compile

Regards.

I have smarty_v2. Is it ok to delete all files in compile folder? (exept index.php i supose)

• 4 weeks later...

Here is a solution for centering footer in PS 1.4 (tested in 1.4.0.17) :

You need to modify the first line in file /themes//css/modules/blockcms/blockcms.css :

Before:

#footer .block_various_links { list-style: none }

After:

#footer .block_various_links { list-style: none; text-align: center }

Version: 1.4.0.17

Nothing written here was working for me.
This code worked for me. in the file " modules/blockcms/blockcms.tpl "
I Made a backup of modules/blockcms/blockcms.tpl
Just removed the line with powered by.. deleted all the files from the " /tools/smarty/compile " and now Powered by Prestashop in the footer is no more.

Hope this helps and i can further upgrade prestashop :D

>{*
* 2007-2011 PrestaShop 
* NOTICE OF LICENSE
* This source file is subject to the Academic Free License (AFL 3.0)
* that is bundled with this package in the file LICENSE.txt.
* It is also available through the world-wide-web at this URL:
* http://opensource.org/licenses/afl-3.0.php
* If you did not receive a copy of the license and are unable to
* obtain it through the world-wide-web, please send an email
* to [email protected] so we can send you a copy immediately.
* DISCLAIMER
* Do not edit or add to this file if you wish to upgrade PrestaShop to newer
* versions in the future. If you wish to customize PrestaShop for your
* needs please refer to http://www.prestashop.com for more information.
*  @author PrestaShop SA 
*  @copyright  2007-2011 PrestaShop SA
*  @version  Release: $Revision: 1.4 $
*  @license    http://opensource.org/licenses/afl-3.0.php  Academic Free License (AFL 3.0)
*  International Registered Trademark & Property of PrestaShop SA
*}

{if $block == 1}
   <!-- Block CMS module -->
   {foreach from=$cms_titles item=cms_title}

{if !empty($cms_title.name)}{$cms_title.name}{else}{$cms_title.category_name}{/if}

{foreach from=$cms_title.categories item=cms_page}
                   {if isset($cms_page.link)}
{$cms_page.name|escape:html:'UTF-8'}
{/if}
               {/foreach}
               {foreach from=$cms_title.cms item=cms_page}
                   {if isset($cms_page.link)}{$cms_page.meta_title|escape:html:'UTF-8'}{/if}
               {/foreach}
               {if $cms_title.display_store}getPageLink('stores.php')}" title="{l s='Our stores' mod='blockcms'}">{l s='Our stores' mod='blockcms'}{/if}

{/foreach}
   <!-- /Block CMS module -->
{else}
   <!-- MODULE Block footer -->
</pre>
<ul>
       {if !$PS_CATALOG_MODE}getPageLink('prices-drop.php')}" title="{l s='Specials' mod='blockcms'}">{l s='Specials' mod='blockcms'}{/if}
getPageLink('new-products.php')}" title="{l s='New products' mod='blockcms'}">{l s='New products' mod='blockcms'}
       {if !$PS_CATALOG_MODE}getPageLink('best-sales.php')}" title="{l s='Top sellers' mod='blockcms'}">{l s='Top sellers' mod='blockcms'}{/if}
       {if $display_stores_footer}getPageLink('stores.php')}" title="{l s='Our stores' mod='blockcms'}">{l s='Our stores' mod='blockcms'}{/if}
getPageLink('contact-form.php', true)}" title="{l s='Contact us' mod='blockcms'}">{l s='Contact us' mod='blockcms'}
           {if $cmslink.meta_title != ''}
           {/if}
       {/foreach}

</ul>
<br>   <!-- /MODULE Block footer --><br

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Eu am Prestashop 1.4.3.

Am modificat fisierul: aa9d0b6248b26542b4b22a0ecf239df75e69ae7f.file.blockcms.tpl.php care l-am gasit in: public_html/shop.energym.ro/tools/smarty/compile unde shop.energym.ro este denumirea domeniului meu.

Modificarea am facut-o aici:
li class="last_item"><?php echo smartyTranslate(array('s'=>'Powered by','mod'=>'blockcms'),$_smarty_tpl);?>
Energym

Vad ca a mers.
Sper sa va fie de folos.

Marian

• 2 weeks later...

I have done the change as described in 1.4 to the themes//modules/blockcms/blockcms.tpl file but it doesn't show up in my live site, not sure why? :(

Me too, although it worked okay in 1.4.3. I have tried to do the same in 1.4.4 and it doesn't seem to work. I have removed the line that includes Powered By PrestaShop, but it's still on my site.

Any ideas?

Many Thanks

I now notice you don't need to edit this in the tpl file. if you go to 'Module' 'CMS Block' and 'Configure' you can deselect the Powered By PrestaShop footer.

But editing the tpl file to remove 'our store' and 'specials' from the footer doesn't seem to work now.

• 1 month later...

I have a template for PS 1.3 running at PS 1.4.

Do I have to delete the blockvariouslink in the PS folder and my Themes folder and adjust the CMS.tpl?

Whatever I try I cannot seem to get rid of the Designed by Prestashop link as well as some other.

Annoying it is.

If someone could help me that would be great!

I change in the css the text align and that worked!

• 3 weeks later...

I now notice you don't need to edit this in the tpl file. if you go to 'Module' 'CMS Block' and 'Configure' you can deselect the Powered By PrestaShop footer.

But editing the tpl file to remove 'our store' and 'specials' from the footer doesn't seem to work now.

Guys, exactly. If you really had changed / modified all the codes from blockcms.tpl, OR even you delete this file. The line is still exist!

I have faced this same problem! Now my problem is solved!

So guys, please make attention two variations here:-

1. If you using the default template by PS, to modify the blockcms.tpl by changing the word "powered by PS" , apparently, is work!

2. If your template is used from other third party companies, you gonna be checked some of their provided modules. The blockcms.tpl has been override by other modules, means that they put this line "Powered by xxxx" and store at different module.

That's why you can't even see the effects you keep changing the blockcms.tpl!!

Then how should you know where this line store?

Easy, Just check the modules name (module files you used from the third parties), their name maybe is folder "footer" or "footerlink"

If you still cannot find them out, go to computer files search on the modules files, then you will get the .tpl easily.

It was spent about 2 hours to solve this problem for my clients!, so here is my sharing for you guys, hope my info can help you!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

During my searches for a solution i came across a blog that suggested to do it this

way and it worked for me:

go to: modules/blockcms/blockcms.tpl

In this file  go to: <!-- MODULE Block footer -->

add this: <center> before the line <ul class="block_various_links"

go to  the end: <!-- /MODULE Block footer -->

add this: </center> just before it!

Good bless this guy.

• Like 1

I have an issue with the footer. I was able to remove all unwanted links but one. I would like to remove the "home" link from the footer of my webpage. Anyone have any idea how to go about this or do I need the "cms category "home"" to display the rest of the cms links?

Thanks,

• 2 weeks later...

During my searches for a solution i came across a blog that suggested to do it this

way and it worked for me:

go to: modules/blockcms/blockcms.tpl

In this file go to: <!-- MODULE Block footer -->

add this: <center> before the line <ul class="block_various_links"

go to the end: <!-- /MODULE Block footer -->

add this: </center> just before it!

Good bless this guy.

<center> has been depreciated in HTML, careful of doing this, use proper css and div if required.

• 3 weeks later...

In version 1.4.6.2...

add the following line to your "themes\yourtheme\css\modules\blockcms\blockcms.css"...

text-align: center;

should look like this when completed:

#footer .block_various_links {

text-align: center;

list-style: none

}

Hope this helps...

Go to BO, Tools, Translations, under modify translations, select email template translations, select the language you want and that will put you into the email templates, edit the ones you want to remove "powered by Prestashop" and then click on "Update" at the bottom

Trying to remove "povered by PrestaShop" from email templates, removed it from all text files in the folder named "mails" - no success. Any suggestion?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Hi kadsyl2011,

Did you clear the cache and force the compilation in "preferences\performances" in your back-office?

Yeah you need to clear cache and force compile before you can see changes to your site. I was going around like a headless chicken trying to figure this out. hahaha

post-64567-0-42608900-1341554837_thumb.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

For emails you need to remove the powered by from both html and text files for your laguage in the mails/yourlanguage.

It is the last line in the files change as below.

for html files change this: (text in red removed)

<td style="font-size: 10px; border-top: 1px solid #D9DADE;" align="center"><a style="color: {color}; font-weight: bold; text-decoration: none;" href="{shop_url}">{shop_name}</a> powered by <a style="text-decoration: none; color: #374953;" href="http://www.prestashop.com/">PrestaShop™</a></td>'>http://www.prestashop.com/">PrestaShop™</a></td>

to this:

<td style="font-size: 10px; border-top: 1px solid #D9DADE;" align="center"><a style="color: {color}; font-weight: bold; text-decoration: none;" href="{shop_url}">{shop_name}</a>

for text files change this: (text in red removed)

{shop_url} powered by PrestaShop™

to this:

{shop_url}

Here is a faster way to do all files at once:

Remove “powered with PrestaShop™” from emails

Well this is not so easy to accomplish but I will tell you the easy way.

All emails are saved in mails directory it is located in Prestashop root directory:

You should see separate directory for every language in mails direcotry.

Almost every file contains the Powered by Prestashop line (look near bottom of the file):

In html files:

<a href="{shop_url}" style="color:#DB3484; font-weight:bold; text-decoration:none;">{shop_name}</a> powered by <a href="http://www.prestashop.com/" style="text-decoration:none; color:#374953;">PrestaShopâ„¢</a>

or in txt files:

{shop_url} powered by PrestaShop™

OK first of all download whole mails directory to your computer. Now it is possible to check every file and change lines.

In html files we need to delete or change this part: