Does anybody actually work at Prestashop?

coreygun

I've had a couple of issues with Prestashop, one being a problem with a module bought and which didn't work as described (and no response from the developer), and the other being an issue with basic Prestashop, and have tried to contact them.

They don't answer their phones or reply to emails. I understand you can buy 'tickets' which are incredibly expensive, but these aren't custom modifications or unique requests, they are simply trying to contact them in the ways they offer, which are apparently free.

How do I speak to them?

Hello coreygun,

I'm going to send you a private message, I'll edit my message once it's done. :)

Edit: done.

In this case, I advise you contact us by using this LINK. Don't forget to select the title "Payment and billing". Our team will contact the developer in order to get a quick answer & fix this issue.

why does this require a private message?  Shouldn't the entire community understand how to contact Prestashop support, and get a response, without having to post a message on the forums?

I have simply been advised to do exactly as i did before - For the module issue, use the form, which got us nowhere, no replies. And secondly for the technical problems with Prestashop itself, he sent me this link; https://www.prestashop.com/en/support, which is where you pay for it. So basically Prestashop offer a problem-prone product, and if you want it to work properly, you need to pay them to fix it.

Terrible.

Edited by coreygun (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Hello,

I have simply been advised to do exactly as i did before - For the module issue, use the form, which got us nowhere, no replies. And secondly for the technical problems with Prestashop itself, he sent me this link; https://www.prestashop.com/en/support, which is where you pay for it. So basically Prestashop offer a problem-prone product, and if you want it to work properly, you need to pay them to fix it.

Terrible.

Before suggesting a paid service, I'm always pushing other ways in order to fix issues.

Concerning the module, I've told you to contact us by using our contact form. We usually answer in 3 days but sometimes we can't because we have too many messages.
In this case, I've asked you the ticket number that you receive once you send your message. If you have it, could you please provide it? This is the best way for me to help you in this case.

Concerning the PrestaShop issue, I've asked the team and I'm waiting an answer.

Best,

Antoine

I have also placed questions on the PrestaShop messaging system & although I recieved an automated responce acknolwedging reciept of mmessage there was no refrence number, on the automated system!

Snob

I forgoit to mention that I have recieved no responce to my questions ever????

Snob

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well i can only suggest to pay modules with paypal. When a developer doesnt answer or no response from anyone, simply ask paypal to refund it. Its the only way at this very moment to get movement when modules dont work. Sometimes it takes months(!) to get a proper answer or solution.

In my opinion there are lots of modules for sale from which the developer is dissapeared or doesnt has any idea what kind of frustration it gives if things doesnt work proper.

However there are also lots who do their work well. Be very carefull from which developer you pick your modules.

Well i can only suggest to pay modules with paypal. When a developer doesnt answer or no response from anyone, simply ask paypal to refund it. Its the only way at this very moment to get movement when modules dont work. Sometimes it takes months(!) to get a proper answer or solution.

In my opinion there are lots of modules for sale from which the developer is dissapeared or doesnt has any idea what kind of frustration it gives if things doesnt work proper.

However there are also lots who do their work well. Be very carefull from which developer you pick your modules.

Yep, an individual is always a risk, but PrestaShop as a company should respond to their customers. We will be finding any review sites and letting other people know what poor service they will receive from PrestShop themselves.

Not just customers, module developers as well.  I've had a question waiting for 9 days, without response, for clarification on an issue with a module that has been in approval for 2 months, the approval/rejection cycle take at least a week, and the information in the responses is practically non-existent.  Customer service with Prestashop has taken a dramatic nose-dive in recent months, it's not a good sign.

• 2 weeks later...

We've been waiting about 6 months for a reply. Antoine sent me a link to use saying "this is the correct one" - but it was the same link we used before! He also said that our queries were being sent to the US team rather than the UK team and that was why we didnt get a reply. What kind of shoddy company is this? We're going to have to get Trading Standards involved as they steal your money.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

well if both developers dont want to work together simply ask your money back in paypal or your credit card company. Ask it back from both, and buy two modules who do the same from 1 developer. The only way to get them moved is claiming money back. Not asking because you see the result.

I have social login and clean urls from two other developers and they are compatible to each other. So it is possible

These work together: http://addons.prestashop.com/nl/18220-knowband-social-login-15-in-1-statistics-mailchimp.html

http://addons.prestashop.com/nl/21772-opgeschoonde-url-s.html

Both high qualified developers

Edited by Curious (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...