what is the best vps for prestashop

jefathey

i looking for the best prestashop vbs

i just start using prestashop

so i don't have clients yet

i want to know what is vps should be

and what is the best Operating system for prestashop

thanks my friends 

I'm on OVH using VPS Cloud Classic. There you have 3 different packages according to bigness of dataspace and core use.

You need to have basic server administration skills for these packages. It is nothing for noobies.

The best OS is Linux. IIS you will have several problems with rewrite and rights, cause: windows don't uses mod_rewrite and the rights are set on high server configuration level and not flexible on file and folder level.

Mac I never tried, but from what I know Prestashop is a MAC Company.

ovh datacentre is good, in my opinion. They have mechanism to protect their hosts agains ddos attacks etc.

And of course - if you, or your employee knows how to configure it from console, you will be happy

• Like 1

thank you very much i have purchased for the lowest plan  :lol:

one last question do you prefer install control panel such vestacp,zpanel,AJENTI or not
and if you prefer thant which panel should i use ?  

please suggest any company OVH

very bad support

they can'y understand that i'm from egypt all offical paper will be in arabic ?

-_- and they wanted in english how come!!

I like www.hetzner.de personally.

I began with a VPS and it was quick enough to function well.

As this is quite heavy on the SQL, I recommend getting one which is based upon "SSD" or "NVMe" storage (NVMe is a newer form of SSD that's quicker - especially for SQL) and I'd also suggest a minimum of 2 vCores for SQL based application. 1 vCore will work, but 2 will be a noticeable improvement in the speed of your main store as well as the back office (configuration page for you).

At least with Hetzner, the cost of a system with 2 vCores and 50GB SSD-based storage is very cheap.

I used to use OVH but for the last couple of years their order system and customer service is very poor... Hetzner are better in that area.

I recommend Hetzner's CX20 option and they will be OK with you providing your Arabic ID documents... they are also quicker... as a new customer you should have your server within 24-48 hours whereas OVH will take 1-2 weeks to confirm your documents and setup the server.

https://www.hetzner.de/hosting/produktmatrix_vserver/vserver-produktmatrix

well I'm an ex-Hetzner user. After 7 years dedicated server, I changed to cheaper and more up-to-date OVH servers. I don't think that Hetzner will provide support and docu in Arabic. Hetzner is a 100% concentrated German (German spoken) territorial provider. ;)  The offers for other countries are external rented webspace. They don't have own datacenters outside Germany.

please suggest any company OVH

very bad support

they can'y understand that i'm from egypt all offical paper will be in arabic ?

-_- and they wanted in english how come!!

OVH does not have a datacenter in Egypt. Therefore English is standard language. If you need a provider in Egypt, you should search on the net for a provider nearby you. Be aware that most of the international big providers, don't have datacenters in Egypt due to the infrastructure which is not fully expanded in this area.

The way I read jefathey's comment was that OVH were asking him for English or English translation of his ID documents... rather than jefathey asking for support in Arabic.

If he does want support in Arabic then yes, he will need to find a local hosting company / reseller.

The Hetzner servers are quite up-to-date... I also regularly get more stable pings from the Hetzner network. My server is Skylake based with NVMe storage.

Hetzner will provide support in German and English.

I like www.hetzner.de personally.

I am not an OVH fan either. I started with the account that they recommend to build your shop before you switch to the dedicated system they have for Prestashop (not the cheapest one). It worked for a very small shop, but with more products I couldn't even regenerate the images). Now a happy DigitalOcean user.

One question about Hetzner: what kind of accounts are those? Can you have more than one domain on them?

coming from VM environments  I don't think there is 'best' vps.  Virtual means you can be paged out or there is mix of hosting accounts some with more favor than others.  I think the only way to really know is to have domain monitored externally to report 'hangs', (page outs).  Normal days are fine but during busy shopping periods, that can be real issue at wrong time.

For me vps is just slight step up from shared where shared may disiallow basic thing like mod_expires or mod_defalte, this to take one to next up hosting, vps. If at 'all' grow your business to allow for budget of fully managed dedicated.  Happy day, el

• Like 2

• 3 years later...