Problems/bugs found on Prestashop 1.7. ALPHA

selectshop.at

Ps 1.7.0 alpha v 3.0 was installed successfully without any problems or errors:

1) error on CCC activation:

I activated on back-office all CCC (going fine on my server with other Prestashop versions).

Error: To use Smart Cache directory must be writable.

Well the folder /cache and all sub-folders have writing permissions 0755. Is there another folder meant for this ?

2) a) Tab "modules" has a loading problem. My speedy server needs about 6-7 seconds for to load this tab, normally I have not more than 2 seconds.

b )Furthermore I have a language problem on this tab: installed is the version 1.7. English and added afterwards Portuguese to it. User is English, and tab is showing in Portuguese langugage, Shop standard language (front-office) is German:

post-741527-0-58442400-1459845090_thumb.png

c) after I selected a category for module listing, I cannot return to "ALL modules". The selection is not refreshed and stay on the before selected category.

3) Tried to install the on board Advanced EU Compliance Module, cause it is crucial module for Austria, Germany and some other EU countries. Not possible:

Error!

Exception thrown by addon advancedeucompliance on install. Cannot store module content in temporary folder !

4) ZIP Code as an optional field, sorry buth this is a non-sense.

post-741527-0-60633600-1459848611_thumb.png

5) Product thumb missing on order confirmation. Furthermore the 7 digits after comma on the cart. is also a non-sense. Currency € has only two digits and this is standard added to the shop settings.

post-741527-0-27549900-1459848885_thumb.png

6) customer groups are missing. When I try by using search, I get error: access denied.

post-741527-0-06835200-1459849198_thumb.png

7) Theme catalog/themeconfigurator missing. Seems to be not installed and cannot be installed from module lists with same error as advanced eu compliance module.

post-741527-0-84689100-1459851036_thumb.png

8) setting for checkout process (classic 5-steps, or one step) is missing.

• Like 2

I activated on back-office all CCC (going fine on my server with other Prestashop versions).

Error: To use Smart Cache directory must be writable.

if you create a new cache folder under themes directly (not under classic)

/themes/cache

then smart cache (CCC) should work.

6) customer groups are missing. When I try by using search, I get error: access denied.

attachicon.gifcustomer.png

Finally found the customer groups under another tab:

Shop parameters -> customer settings. Ok. The tab has moved to a logic near section which is Configuration.

The only problem is that if you are using the general dashboard search customer group search will deliver a "access denied", which is not really helpful. :wacko:

That location sounds like it will be a problem using multiple themes.

+1 for me.

• Like 1

Here is what I am doing. I have active a few currency's

Once I have added a product I create a combination to also sell samples of our products.  

It allows me to increase the value, and I do. 

How ever to other currency's. It does not make the exchange of currency first.

It sums the exact amount I added to all of them, to all the currency's with out making an exchange of that sum amount i set to increase

Am I doing something wrong?

Bonjour installation impossible en local ??

• Required Apache configuration
  • Enable the Apache mod_rewrite module
  • Set "xdebug.max_nesting_level" to e.g. "250" in php.ini* to stop Xdebug's infinite recursion protection erroneously throwing a fatal error in your project.
  • Install and enable the intl extension (used for validators).
  • Install and/or enable a PHP accelerator (highly recommended).

PS v1.7 will not install on mysql database when Innodb is not available.  The ps_customer table columns have been increased drastically since PS v1.6, and it causes the index sizes to become too large.  Too large for MyISAM to handle.

Is Prestashop discontinuing support for MyISAM tables?

I tested some minutes, but it's really an alpha...

- in the BO could not search a word

- in the FO the "add to cart" button does not work on the product page

- No button Add to cart on the category page

- more than mode grid in the category page?

- FO : the horizontal menu above is less convenient

- the {debug} in tpl does not work

- variables such as PS_CATALOG_MODE have disappeared?

So i decided to start testing 1.7 as I have been very busy with other projects until now.

Not sure where to start as there are so many issues where do I begin.

Well I will start with the Modules section as this is the first area I always go to when creating a new shop.

I installed the Top Sellers, Specials and New products block that show in the Home featured section on the home page but none will show just the Popular Products.  (seems as though this is a module change)

The Specials block shows in the left column however the image size is set to Medium so the image is 452x452 and overlaps into the center column, I changed this in the PHP file to small and now shows correct for left column but can not test image size change as it will not show all specials when clicked.

I installed the Block banner that normally shows at the top of the page but this to does not display, I use this in my web sites for the Logo banner so I have a full width logo at the top of the page. (seems as though the hook header has changed)

I can not get to transplant a module as after clicking the page spins and spins and never loads, I get this same thing when trying to edit a module under the positions tab so I can not see if maybe a module such as the banner block has exceptions that are keeping it from showing.

Once you click on edit a module under positions or transplant a module and the spinning starts you can not get any page to load in BO or FO.

I left it just spinning to see what would happen after half an hour it loaded the FO with a 404 error but the URL still pointed to the admin section???

The only way I can get the pages to load again is to completely shut Google down and re-start.

In the Themes page under advanced when changing the page layout to always have the left column show nothing saves I changed all to show left column saved no changes, when opening the page again I see all options are back to default setting.

In the Modules page when viewing in list mode some names overlap making it hard to read.

When installing PayPal USA the CSS is wrong making the configuration page hard to read, does not really matter as FO shows no payment option available.

I also tried the Euro version same thing FO shows no payment option available.

Payment page will not load just spins and spins and as with the Transplant a module page I have to close Google and re-enter BO to do anything after clicking on Payment.

Looks as though they dropped the Follow Us from the Social block in the footer I played with this for a little while and the only way to make it right is to add the Follow Us and edit/add css otherwise the Follow Us it over the Facebook icon.

I noticed that the Shop link at top of BO opens in the same window as the BO causing you to loose the back office page.

If you change the  class="link"  to  class="_blank"  in shop_list.tpl  (admini/themes/new-theme/template/components/layout)

and add  class="_blank"  to header.tpl (admin/themes/default/template)

The FO will open in a new tab keeping the BO window open, I have created a pull request at github for this.

Not sure how much more I can test as many modules are not compatible at this point and no payment available to test orders.

If anyone else can confirm any of these issues I will be glad to post to the Forge.

Edited by tdr170 (see edit history)

Also noticed no One page checkout, think this need to be fixed as the 5 step checkout is less then desirable.

If I try to configure Cart block Google spins for awhile then shows my actual root folder shop with a 404 not found but the URL still points to the test folder Admin.

As reported with other items breaking the BO and FO if I click on AdminAddons under Modules & Services same thing I have to close Google and restart or the pages just won't load.

NO BO menu edit or a way to position menu items, I always liked to have Categories then Products in that menu and would prefer Orders be below that.

I did change some names of Menu Items like Pages to CMS pages but had to do this in the ps_tab table in the database.

I also changed Catalog menu to have Categories then products but by manual database editing. (just playing)

In Product entry I do not see a way to change the default category so Products are placed in the category your in, today I created a new category, Men, then entered a product but before I thought enough about it I entered the product in the Home category I was able to add it to the Men category but no way to change default as with previous versions.

I also hate the Save button at the bottom of the Product entry as it saves but stays on the Product entry page you have to click on Go to catalog to save and go back to main page just seems strange.

I just got a chance to try 1.7 Alpha 3.

I have PHP 5.3.13. I am installing Prestashop now, I am getting incompatibility issue with Array initialization in multiple places.

for example, in install.php @ 768

$blacklist = [

'productcomments',
            'blockwishlist',
            'sendtoafriend',
            'onboarding'

];

I have PHP 5.3.13. I am installing Prestashop now, I am getting incompatibility issue with Array initialization in multiple places.

$blacklist = [

'productcomments',
            'blockwishlist',
            'sendtoafriend',
            'onboarding'

];

Prestashop 1.7. (and also PS 1.6.) needs at least php 5.4. version. php 7 I do not recommend, but with latest php 5.6. PS 1.6 and ps 1.7. is running well.

http://build.prestashop.com/news/prestashop-1-7-faq/

and

http://build.prestashop.com/news/Dropping-support-php52-and-53/

• Like 1

$blacklist = [

'productcomments',
            'blockwishlist',
            'sendtoafriend',
            'onboarding'

];

PHP 5.3 went end of life in 2014.  You should not be using it to begin with.  Don't expect new software to support it.

http://php.net/supported-versions.php

Even PHP 5.4 went end of life 7 months ago, ideally you should be on PHP 5.5+

Just wondering, why do you recommend against PHP 7? Have you had any bad experience with PrestaShop and PHP 7?

Yes, on PS 1.6.x and as I have installed PS 1.7. on a subfolder of one domain, I cannot isolate only a subfolder using another php-version, so I did not tried. Although php7 is released it is still in development. You can follow them here in the forum as well.

I know that PS 1.6.1.4 was coded for to clean all bugs having with php 7, I personally never tried and keep (never change a running system), only in development environment, but hadn't time the last weeks and months for to test, therefore I suggest to take one php version which is tested and works, instead to loose unnecessary time...

One of the developers in Portuguese forum reported that he wasn't able to install PS 1.7 under php 7, so I keep guardedly.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Sometimes system redirects to the old module page design (for example when you disable payment modules) and when you You get there and click some module category, you will see a mess...
This is not urgent bug, i guess:)writing what i noticed while working with 1.7

Also i noticed that after updating from 1.7.0.6 -> 1.7.1 -> customer page not loading in admin

Edited by romeo143 (see edit history)

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So i decided to start testing 1.7 as I have been very busy with other projects until now.

Not sure where to start as there are so many issues where do I begin.

Well I will start with the Modules section as this is the first area I always go to when creating a new shop.

I installed the Top Sellers, Specials and New products block that show in the Home featured section on the home page but none will show just the Popular Products.  (seems as though this is a module change)

The Specials block shows in the left column however the image size is set to Medium so the image is 452x452 and overlaps into the center column, I changed this in the PHP file to small and now shows correct for left column but can not test image size change as it will not show all specials when clicked.

I installed the Block banner that normally shows at the top of the page but this to does not display, I use this in my web sites for the Logo banner so I have a full width logo at the top of the page. (seems as though the hook header has changed)

I can not get to transplant a module as after clicking the page spins and spins and never loads, I get this same thing when trying to edit a module under the positions tab so I can not see if maybe a module such as the banner block has exceptions that are keeping it from showing.

Once you click on edit a module under positions or transplant a module and the spinning starts you can not get any page to load in BO or FO.

I left it just spinning to see what would happen after half an hour it loaded the FO with a 404 error but the URL still pointed to the admin section???

The only way I can get the pages to load again is to completely shut Google down and re-start.

In the Themes page under advanced when changing the page layout to always have the left column show nothing saves I changed all to show left column saved no changes, when opening the page again I see all options are back to default setting.

In the Modules page when viewing in list mode some names overlap making it hard to read.

When installing PayPal USA the CSS is wrong making the configuration page hard to read, does not really matter as FO shows no payment option available.

I also tried the Euro version same thing FO shows no payment option available.

Payment page will not load just spins and spins and as with the Transplant a module page I have to close Google and re-enter BO to do anything after clicking on Payment.

Looks as though they dropped the Follow Us from the Social block in the footer I played with this for a little while and the only way to make it right is to add the Follow Us and edit/add css otherwise the Follow Us it over the Facebook icon.

I noticed that the Shop link at top of BO opens in the same window as the BO causing you to loose the back office page.

If you change the  class="link"  to  class="_blank"  in shop_list.tpl  (admini/themes/new-theme/template/components/layout)

and add  class="_blank"  to header.tpl (admin/themes/default/template)

The FO will open in a new tab keeping the BO window open, I have created a pull request at github for this.

Not sure how much more I can test as many modules are not compatible at this point and no payment available to test orders.

If anyone else can confirm any of these issues I will be glad to post to the Forge.

It's scary.

Regards

https://booking-ile-maurice.com/