1.6.0.11 problem with saving products

Hi,

I am working on localhost with php 5.6.8.

I transferred to a server working with php 5.4.48. This solved the problem.

But I what I don't understand: In the requirements is written minimum php 5.2+  But a maximum php Version is not written.

Problem solved.

Hi everyone, I found that the product features query makes the product save button very slow. We don't use product features (we just write them down into the product description field), so I deleted all the product features in catalog>features. After that, the save button enables much faster than before.

We've got a lot of features. So this could be the reason. But that is a big flaw for Prestashop.

it has nothing to do with features, it has to do with your prestashop version if: 1.6.0.10 > OR < 1.6.1.3

If you have the right versions it has to do with your PHP VERSION this is server related.

Try to downgrade or upgrade your PHP to Version 5.5.30

• 2 weeks later...

Product page is becoming unresponsive while trying to save any product information. And it is taking almost 73seconds to save.

Unable to add 'Attachments' In product page is not working.

After upgrade 1.6.1.1 to 1.6.1.3 I have enabled the debug profile and php error on. No error in back-office. How to solve this issues.

On product edit endless "Spinning Save Button" on PS 1.6.1.3 after upgrades the ps version and not updating the features values in back office and unable add the attachment in back-office.

PHP version 5.5.29
Memory limit 1024M
Max execution time 60

Please let me know how to solve this issues.

it has nothing to do with features, it has to do with your prestashop version if: 1.6.0.10 > OR < 1.6.1.3

If you have the right versions it has to do with your PHP VERSION this is server related.

Try to downgrade or upgrade your PHP to Version 5.5.30

You can add versions 1.6.1.0 and 1.6.1.4 to the list.

I've tried php versions from 5.3 to 5.6 and the problem persists.

As I mentioned in another thread, I don't see the problem in Internet Explorer.

Edited by deepee (see edit history)

Hi all,

We are listening to all your complaints about the save buttons problems in the product page on the Back Office.

Before this current system on the product page, a lot of people were complaining about technical errors they had when trying to save the product page before all tabs could be loaded.

We resolved this issue by blocking the "save" buttons until all tabs are loaded.

Be sure we don't want to be arrogant, i repeated what Xavier told in the different topics about this issue because almost each time we ask merchants access to their shops, we could see that they had overrides or modules which impacted the proper functioning of their shop; or that their server was not powerful enough.

We understand that some people have very long loading times which can be very annoying to work with.

In your Back Office you can go to "Advanced Parameters" -> "Performance".

In the "Debug Mode" section, disable non PrestaShop modules and disable all overrides .

If you don't have this slowness problem anymore, you probably have a problem with non PrestaShop modules or an override.

If you still have this issue, don't hesitate to send me your FTP and Back Office accesses (by private message) and we will investigate in your shop.

You can be sure that we are listening to you. We are working for you, not against you.

Best regards,

I don't know what was causing my issue, but my 1.6.1.4 save buttons would never stop spinning so saving was not possible at all. I found this thread and did as suggested above. It did nothing. I still could not save anything. I went back in to my back office and clicked Advanced Parameters-->Performance and in the debug section I set both 'disable non prestashop modules' and 'disable all overrides' to NO and it works much better now. Still a little slower than I would like, but much better than it was in the past. Hope maybe this will help someone.

Hello I am still having issues with saving products I have upgraded to PrestaShop v1.6.1.4 but still same issues. Please can someone help to resolve this. 

I have performed this task but same issues.

In your Back Office you can go to "Advanced Parameters" -> "Performance".

In the "Debug Mode" section, disable non PrestaShop modules and disable all overrides .

the message i get is :

timeout)

A server error occurred while loading the tabs: some tabs could not be loaded.

Please try again by refreshing the page.

If you are still encountering this problem, please check your server logs or contact your hosting provider for assistance.

Please help to resolve.

Edited by stainlessclothing (see edit history)

I do not see anywhere that this issue has been fixed. I have the issue with the save buttons spinning in the product add/edit screen and on a few other screen as well. I also cannot add a new theme either ... I get a server 500 error. I was really excited about using PrestaShop for the first time, but after reading the posts about this issue, I will probably move on to Magento.

One (at least) of  the (20+) attempts to solve this bug does not work : I tried YUM UPDATE- Y command as mentioned some pages up this post, doesn't work.

My hosting tech service (o2switch, France, very helpful) answered this had nothing to do with it:

"Yum update est une commande serveur pour mettre à jour les packages système. Elle n'a rien à voir avec votre problématique.
Le serveur est neutre sur la gestion js/php, entièrement gérée par Prestashop."

Still hoping for a clean solution from Prestashop. Am I dreaming ?

Edited by Artcape (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, did anyone find a solution to this problem?

I am using v1.6.1.4, and none of the posts above work at all, any help on this subject will be helpful, thanks

---

I managed to fix the loading by just re uploaded a fresh copy of the admin, classes and controllers so far, and cleared all of the cache it seems to be fine for now.

Nothing else worked for me at all.

Edited by Drakinfly (see edit history)

Same problem here the save button loading forever,

I had made a backup before having the problem, so I deleted ALL the files prestashop and I reloaded it, but the key continues to load forever

Its cazy.

I have to delete the database?

There is stil no solution from prestashop?

prestashop 1.6.1.4

Edited by prestashopnew (see edit history)

I'm using prestashop 1.6.1.4

Apparently i solved this bug with that trick

"

WORKS FOR 1.6.0.14

Using FTP go to "admin > themes > default > template > controllers > products" and in all .tpl files find:

<button type="submit" name="submitAddproduct" class="btn btn-default pull-right" disabled="disabled"> {l s='Save'}</button>

<button type="submit" name="submitAddproductAndStay" class="btn btn-default pull-right" disabled="disabled"> {l s='Save and stay'}</button>

1. Remove " disabled="disabled "

2. Replace "process-icon-loading" with "process-icon-save"

The results should be:

<button type="submit" name="submitAddproduct" class="btn btn-default pull-right"> {l s='Save'}</button>

<button type="submit" name="submitAddproductAndStay" class="btn btn-default pull-right"> {l s='Save and stay'}</button>

"

I have another problem now..

I can not change no option (price, quantity, category or other) 

The error say: "the product must come from at least one category" but obviously the category is selected.

I do not know if it depends on the last edit ..
does anyone have any idea?
Thas prestashoo ..
Edited by prestashopnew (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I met this problem, it started to irritate me...

The issue happens when you have a huge quantity of Attributes or Features or even third party modules as the function calls recursively the tabs in Ajax. 

It has certainly been implemented to prevent the user to save an uncompleted form but this is useless as in the product controller there is a doublecheck ; the controller saves only the data for tabs which have been already loaded. 

If you encounter that issue, and as i don't see any override possible, you can replace in the file prestashop/js/admin/products.js the function displayBulk by this one :

/**
	 * Send an ajax call for each tab in the stack, binding each call to the "complete" event of the previous call
	 * @param array stack contains tab names as strings
	 */
	this.displayBulk = function(stack){
		if (stack.length == 0)
		{
			$('[name="submitAddproductAndStay"]').each(function() {
				$(this).prop('disabled', false).find('i').removeClass('process-icon-loading').addClass('process-icon-save');
			});
			$('[name="submitAddproduct"]').each(function() {
				$(this).prop('disabled', false).find('i').removeClass('process-icon-loading').addClass('process-icon-save');
			});
			this.allow_hide_other_languages = true;

return false;
		}

this.current_request = 	this.display(stack[0], false);

if (stack.length > 1)
		{
			$('[name="submitAddproductAndStay"][disabled="disabled"]').each(function() {
			});
			$('[name="submitAddproduct"][disabled="disabled"]').each(function() {
			});
		}

if (this.current_request !== undefined)
		{
			this.current_request.complete(function(request, status) {
				var wrong_status_code = new Array(400, 401, 403, 404, 405, 406, 408, 410, 413, 429, 499, 500, 502, 503, 504);

if ((status === 'abort' || status === 'error' || request.responseText.length == 0 || in_array(request.status, wrong_status_code) || self.stack_error.length !== 0) && !self.page_reloading)
				{
					var current_tab = stack[0];
					self.stack_error.push(stack.shift());
					self.has_error_loading_tabs = true;

jConfirm('Tab : ' + current_tab + ' (' + request.status + ')\n' + reload_tab_description, reload_tab_title, function(confirm) {
						if (confirm === true)
						{
							self.page_reloading = true;
							self.displayBulk(stack);
						}
						else
						{
							});
							});

self.allow_hide_other_languages = true;

return false;
						}
					});
				}
				else if (stack.length !== 0 && status !== 'abort')
				{
					stack.shift();
					self.displayBulk(stack);
				}
			});
		}
		else
		{
			stack.shift();
			self.displayBulk(stack);
		}
	}

It will solve your issue.

Enjoy this fix,

Olivier

Best Regards,

Olivier

• Like 2

I am using v1.6.1.4, and none of the posts above work at all, any help on this subject will be helpful, thanks

Here is the fix for 1.6.1.4 

/**
	 * Send an ajax call for each tab in the stack
	 */
		this.current_request = this.display(stack[0], false);

if (stack.length > 1) {
			});
			});
		}
		{
				var wrong_statuses = new Array('abort', 'error', 'timeout');
				var wrong_status_code = new Array(400, 401, 403, 404, 405, 406, 408, 410, 413, 429, 499, 500, 502, 503, 504);

if ((in_array(status, wrong_statuses) || in_array(request.status, wrong_status_code)) && !self.page_reloading) {
					var current_tab = '';
					if (request.responseText !== 'undefined' && request.responseText && request.responseText.length) {
						current_tab = $(request.responseText).filter('.product-tab').attr('id').replace('product-', '');
					}

jAlert((current_tab ? 'Tab : ' + current_tab : '') + ' (' + (request.status ? request.status + ' ' : '' ) + request.statusText + ')\n' + reload_tab_description, reload_tab_title);
					clearTimeout(tabs_running_timeout);
					return false;
				}
				else if (!self.has_error_loading_tabs && (self.stack_done.length === self.tabs_to_preload.length)) {
						});
						});
						return false;
					}
				return true;
			});
		}
		/*In order to prevent mod_evasive DOSPageInterval (Default 1s)*/
		var time = 0;
		if (mod_evasive) {
			time = 1000;
		}
		var tabs_running_timeout = setTimeout(function(){
			stack.shift();
			if (stack.length > 0) {
				self.displayBulk(stack);
			}
		}, time);
	}

Regards

Olivier

• Like 1

This all started for me two days ago when my host upgraded to PHP 5.6 and mySQL 5.6

Now I can't do the following

* UPDATE STATUS of my orders

* Send a message to customer via the order page

* And my save buttons on the product just spin forever (except for some reason it's ok on Chrome)

Some people say its the suhosin variables but why was everything working before php and mysql got upgraded.

Updating that ajax script above didn't do anything either.

PrestaShop version 1.6.1.4

PHP version 5.6.18

MySQL version 5.6.29

Memory limit 64M

Max execution time 1000

Edited by robdido (see edit history)

I'm using prestashop 1.6.1.4

Apparently i solved this bug with that trick

"

WORKS FOR 1.6.0.14

Using FTP go to "admin > themes > default > template > controllers > products" and in all .tpl files find:

<button type="submit" name="submitAddproduct" class="btn btn-default pull-right" disabled="disabled"> {l s='Save'}</button>

<button type="submit" name="submitAddproductAndStay" class="btn btn-default pull-right" disabled="disabled"> {l s='Save and stay'}</button>

1. Remove " disabled="disabled "

2. Replace "process-icon-loading" with "process-icon-save"

The results should be:

<button type="submit" name="submitAddproduct" class="btn btn-default pull-right"> {l s='Save'}</button>

<button type="submit" name="submitAddproductAndStay" class="btn btn-default pull-right"> {l s='Save and stay'}</button>

"

I have another problem now..

I can not change no option (price, quantity, category or other) 

The error say: "the product must come from at least one category" but obviously the category is selected.

I do not know if it depends on the last edit ..
does anyone have any idea?
Thas prestashoo ..

Thanx man. you made my day

• 2 weeks later...
Guest locen

Hi,I'm using prestashop 1.6.1.3 and these are buttons that i have in products pages. wehn i save new product i'm able but after that if i would reupload i'm not able.

please help me to solve this.

post-1119372-0-69604400-1458660215_thumb.png
Edited by locen (see edit history)

Guest locen

I use 1.6.1.3 version and in file that you sent me i find these lines but from 160 to 235 i have I have the code in mid

beacause this is my cose from line 106 to 235.

/**
*/

{

if ((in_array(status, wrong_statuses) || in_array(request.status, wrong_status_code)) && !self.page_reloading) {
var current_tab = '';
if (request.responseText !== 'undefined' && request.responseText && request.responseText.length) {
current_tab = $(request.responseText).filter('.product-tab').attr('id').replace('product-', '');
}

jAlert((current_tab ? 'Tab : ' + current_tab : '') + ' (' + (request.status ? request.status + ' ' : '' ) + request.statusText + ')\n' + reload_tab_description, reload_tab_title);
return false;
}
else if (!self.has_error_loading_tabs && (self.stack_done.length === self.tabs_to_preload.length)) {
$('[name=submitAddproductAndStay]').each(function() {
});
$('[name=submitAddproduct]').each(function() {
});
return false;
}
return true;
});
}
var time = 0;
if (mod_evasive) {
time = 1000;
}
stack.shift();
if (stack.length > 0) {
self.displayBulk(stack);
}
}, time);
}
}

function loadPack() {
var container = $('#product-pack-container');
var id_product = $('input[name=id_product]').first().val();
var data;
$.ajax({
url : "index.php?controller=AdminProducts" + "&token=" + token + "&id_product=" + id_product + "&action=Pack" + "&updateproduct" + "&ajax=1" + '&rand=' + new Date().getTime(),
async : true,
cache: false, // cache needs to be set to false or IE will cache the page with outdated product values
type: 'GET',
headers: { "cache-control": "no-cache" },
data: data,
success : function(data){
$('#product-pack-container').html(data);
product_tabs['Pack'].onReady();
}
});
}

// array of product tab objects containing methods and dom bindings
// The ProductTabsManager instance will make sure the onReady() methods of each tabs are executed once the tab has loaded
var product_tabs = [];

Guest locen

I solved problem. this is my solution

I have updated the following two lines in all of the .tpl files in the folder:

in themes/default/template/controllers/products 

Code:
<button type="submit" name="submitAddproduct" class="btn btn-default pull-right"disabled="disabled" ><i class="process-icon-loading"></i> {l s='Save'}</button>
<button type="submit" name="submitAddproductAndStay" class="btn btn-default pull-right" disabled="disabled"><i class="process-icon-loading"></i> {l s='Save and stay'}</button>

TO:

Code:
<button type="submit" name="submitAddproduct" class="btn btn-default pull-right"><i class="process-icon-save"></i> {l s='Save'}</button>
<button type="submit" name="submitAddproductAndStay" class="btn btn-default pull-right"><i class="process-icon-save"></i> {l s='Save and stay'}</button>

Guest locen

Hi, I solve the previous errors but i can't fix these errors.

I attach image 

PRICES: post-1119372-0-17394300-1458745645_thumb.png

Please help me to solve this problem

Important notice : 

Our awesome Jérôme just found the reason why this "Save" button was not working or taking forever to load. He is adding the fix in version 1.6.0.12 which will be released this week.

Please note that after you update to 1.6.0.12, saving your product might take 12 seconds for some of you who have "Evasive mode" activated on your server. The reason is: when you save your product, you send 12 requests (one for each tab of your product page) to your server and to prevent mod_evasiv DOSPageInterval to block your requests we must slip 1s between each call. If you want, you can contact your server administrator in order to change DOSPageInterval.

Thank you very much for the great answer.
I use NGINX how I act?
I search the contents of files on the server "DOSPageInterval" nothing has been found.
My Prestashop 1.6.1.4

Thanks for the help

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

The issue happens when you have a huge quantity of Attributes or Features or even third party modules as the function calls recursively the tabs in Ajax. 

It has certainly been implemented to prevent the user to save an uncompleted form but this is useless as in the product controller there is a doublecheck ; the controller saves only the data for tabs which have been already loaded. 

If you encounter that issue, and as i don't see any override possible, you can replace in the file prestashop/js/admin/products.js the function displayBulk by this one :

/**
	 * Send an ajax call for each tab in the stack, binding each call to the "complete" event of the previous call
	 */
		if (stack.length == 0)
		{
			});
			});

return false;
		}

if (stack.length > 1)
		{
			});
			});
		}

{

if ((status === 'abort' || status === 'error' || request.responseText.length == 0 || in_array(request.status, wrong_status_code) || self.stack_error.length !== 0) && !self.page_reloading)
				{

jConfirm('Tab : ' + current_tab + ' (' + request.status + ')\n' + reload_tab_description, reload_tab_title, function(confirm) {
						if (confirm === true)
						{
							self.displayBulk(stack);
						}
						else
						{
							});
							});

return false;
						}
					});
				}
				{
					stack.shift();
					self.displayBulk(stack);
				}
			});
		}
		else
		{
			stack.shift();
			self.displayBulk(stack);
		}
	}

Enjoy this fix,

Olivier

Best Regards,

Olivier

Hi, I've got the same issue here (PS 1.6.1.4) and I want to try your fix but I don't understand what I have to do in products.js.

Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...

Here is the fix for 1.6.1.4 

/**
	 */

if (stack.length > 1) {
			});
			});
		}
		{

var current_tab = '';
					}

return false;
				}
						});
						});
						return false;
					}
				return true;
			});
		}
		var time = 0;
		if (mod_evasive) {
			time = 1000;
		}
			stack.shift();
			if (stack.length > 0) {
				self.displayBulk(stack);
			}
		}, time);
	}

Regards

Olivier

Dear Olivier,

Unfortunately it does not work.   :(  Already twoo weeks I looking for solution and cannot find it.

This problem has exploded my brain.

Maybe you have any other solution/ideas?

PrestaShop 1.6.1.2 (2048 products in the shop)

Regards and many thanks in advance,

Jacob

Edited by ktexclusive (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hello

I have the same problem can anyone advise me how to give it away ?, me started doing it all of a sudden I had installed Presto 1.6.1.3 when started doing it, it is interesting that it began all of a sudden the version I used for half a year ... .so how it started I did update to 1.6.1.5 doing it already happened, I present a similar problem for the recorded from downloaded instalacky 1.6.1.5 panel controlers / admin and update it in a sharp version of the web and then I helped put in hosting set max_execution_time from 30s to 60s and nothing. Fill and erase cache and nothing I'm ends. The worst part is the Save button curls and you can not edit or save ..

• 3 weeks later...

Same bug in 1.6.1.6 the problem is here

admin/index.php?controller=AdminProducts&token=cb282e4d2b90d596546f58540746463b&id_product=10&action=Combinations&updateproduct&ajax=1&rand=1467704523206&_=1467704516690

I think the problem is this query

SELECT DISTINCT ag.*, agl.*, a.`id_attribute`, al.`name`, agl.`name` AS `attribute_group`
                        FROM `ps_attribute_group` ag
                        LEFT JOIN `ps_attribute_group_lang` agl
                                ON (ag.`id_attribute_group` = agl.`id_attribute_group` AND agl.`id_lang` = 3)
                        LEFT JOIN `ps_attribute` a
                                ON a.`id_attribute_group` = ag.`id_attribute_group`
                        LEFT JOIN `ps_attribute_lang` al
                                ON (a.`id_attribute` = al.`id_attribute` AND al.`id_lang` = 3)
                         INNER JOIN ps_attribute_group_shop attribute_group_shop
                ON (attribute_group_shop.id_attribute_group = ag.id_attribute_group AND attribute_group_shop.id_shop = 1)
                         INNER JOIN ps_attribute_shop attribute_shop
                ON (attribute_shop.id_attribute = a.id_attribute AND attribute_shop.id_shop = 1)
                        WHERE a.`id_attribute` IS NOT NULL AND al.`name` IS NOT NULL AND agl.`id_attribute_group` IS NOT NULL
                        ORDER BY agl.`name` ASC, a.`position` ASC

It return 57247 rows

The webpage still loading and then after 30s it stop (but still working on server)

How can we fix it?

Edited by angelo-rc (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

I followed  shadowwalker675 's solution

Just made the changes in 

\override\controllers\admin\templates\products\*.tpl

instead of 

adminbh\themes\default\template\controllers\products\*.tpl

by duplicate the necessary tpl files

<button type="submit" name="submitAddproductAndStay" class="btn btn-default pull-right"><i class="process-icon-save"></i>{l s="save and stay"}</button>
<button type="submit" name="submitAddproductAndStay" class="btn btn-default pull-right"><i class="process-icon-save"></i>{l s="save"}</button>

• 4 weeks later...

Same bug in 1.6.1.6 the problem is here

admin/index.php?controller=AdminProducts&token=cb282e4d2b90d596546f58540746463b&id_product=10&action=Combinations&updateproduct&ajax=1&rand=1467704523206&_=1467704516690

I think the problem is this query

SELECT DISTINCT ag.*, agl.*, a.`id_attribute`, al.`name`, agl.`name` AS `attribute_group`
                        FROM `ps_attribute_group` ag
                        LEFT JOIN `ps_attribute_group_lang` agl
                                ON (ag.`id_attribute_group` = agl.`id_attribute_group` AND agl.`id_lang` = 3)
                        LEFT JOIN `ps_attribute` a
                                ON a.`id_attribute_group` = ag.`id_attribute_group`
                        LEFT JOIN `ps_attribute_lang` al
                                ON (a.`id_attribute` = al.`id_attribute` AND al.`id_lang` = 3)
                         INNER JOIN ps_attribute_group_shop attribute_group_shop
                ON (attribute_group_shop.id_attribute_group = ag.id_attribute_group AND attribute_group_shop.id_shop = 1)
                         INNER JOIN ps_attribute_shop attribute_shop
                ON (attribute_shop.id_attribute = a.id_attribute AND attribute_shop.id_shop = 1)
                        WHERE a.`id_attribute` IS NOT NULL AND al.`name` IS NOT NULL AND agl.`id_attribute_group` IS NOT NULL
                        ORDER BY agl.`name` ASC, a.`position` ASC

It return 57247 rows

The webpage still loading and then after 30s it stop (but still working on server)

How can we fix it?

can anyone help with this problem? I'm already a month trying. Tried all options given on the forum, but a complete solution is not found.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

i'm also having problems with saving, but of a different kind.

i never saw the spinning buttons problem, but i'm creating a new store from scratch.

My problem is intermitent, what happens is, when i hit save or save and stay, the page is reloaded but nothing changes. either discription, prices, seo, associations, etc.

Sometimes i can save after a few tries, but it takes forever to save a single product.

this is a fresh install with 1.6.1.7

browser doesn't display any errors. it just does nothing when pressing save.

Edited by patuga (see edit history)
  • Like 2

i have fixed the issue. i have a hosting on ovh. and they have a script for installing prestashop, which creates the database and prestashop automatically.

i uninstalled everything and did the process manually. I created a new database and prestashop installation as well.

it now works without a problem. but only on internet explorer. chrome still has problems, and i haven't tried with firefox.

i guess that part of the problems can be related to bad installs.

lucky for me i don't have those long waiting periods of the save buttons rotating

Edited by patuga (see edit history)

i'm also having problems with saving, but of a different kind.

i never saw the spinning buttons problem, but i'm creating a new store from scratch.

My problem is intermitent, what happens is, when i hit save or save and stay, the page is reloaded but nothing changes. either discription, prices, seo, associations, etc.

Sometimes i can save after a few tries, but it takes forever to save a single product.

this is a fresh install with 1.6.1.7

browser doesn't display any errors. it just does nothing when pressing save.

I have that exact same problem! does anyone has a fix?

In v1.6.1.7 the problem is slightly different.

When you hit the save button in the products page, it doesn't save and also it resets all your values, name of product, price etc and you have to start again. If you edit an existing product it does not update the last values you have entered. In order to keep the new product or update an existing on you have to save it many times, multiplying the work and time you have to put to create or edit a catalogue.

It is a MAJOR glitch.

The only real solution to this problem so far is to use Internet Explorer. For some unexplained reason it works! We know can add, update and save products without any problem. I believe that is a proof that has nothing to do with the Server, PHP update or SQL but it has to do with ajax. 

I hope that this will help some merchants to curry on with their work and maybe some programmers to focus to the real problem.

Remember that this has only been tested with v1.6.1.7 with the specs you see bellow.

Server information: Linux #1 SMP 

Server software version: Apache

PHP version: 5.6.24

Memory limit: 256M

MySQL version: 5.6.33-log

PrestaShop version: 1.6.1.7

Okay for the last messages : The problem is unrelated to the subject (mine too)

The subject is about a save button that doesn't show up. Our problem (Click save -> reload, but doesn't save) is unrelated.

But since I found a quick fix for mine :

https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/563518-solved-problem-saving-products/

This thread IS the problem described by Patuga, me, Xado and Costis. the fix is quite simple, and worked really well on 3 installs here. Plese follow this thread instead!

• Like 2

I'd suggest you to download the .11 package manually, grab all files under controllers/admin and re-upload them as fresh. See if it works. If not, try uploading the img folder as well, and the admin/themes as last resource as well

I have same problem and this comment help me to slove this problem!

The subject is about a save button that doesn't show up. Our problem (Click save -> reload, but doesn't save) is unrelated.

This thread IS the problem described by Patuga, me, Xado and Costis. the fix is quite simple, and worked really well on 3 installs here. Plese follow this thread instead!

For Save related issue and not spinning reload. kindly follow the above link. The Solution worked for me in 1.6.1.8 version!! 

• Like 1

This is now tested in 1.6.1.7 and it works! 

Thanks Martin Uker K

Hi,

/**
	 */
		if (stack.length == 0)
		{
			});
			});

return false;
		}

if (stack.length > 1)
		{
			});
			});
		}

{

{

if (confirm === true)
						{
							self.displayBulk(stack);
						}
						else
						{
							});
							});

return false;
						}
					});
				}
				{
					stack.shift();
					self.displayBulk(stack);
				}
			});
		}
		else
		{
			stack.shift();
			self.displayBulk(stack);
		}
	}

Enjoy this fix,

Olivier

Best Regards,

Olivier

Thank you!

The function helped, but in 1.6.1.8 works partially:(

I can comment out the entire function, but then you have to edit other files.

Can help with 1.6.1.8?

Thanks again.

This is now tested in 1.6.1.7 and it works! 

Thanks Martin Uker K

Not solved my problem. But from the "developer tools" has disappeared message "Synchronous XMLHttpRequest on the main thread is deprecated because of its detrimental effects to the end user's experience. For more help, check "

These are the only recommended changes for now: https://github.com/PrestaShop/PrestaShop/pull/6749/files

Do not try any other recommendations or modules. They usually do not solve the problem, but apply workarounds that break other functionality in your store.

It does not solve my problem with the "save product"

But directly his task this fix handles

My problem is with the server, but I do not know what and where to make changes.
Partially solve the problem in the comments feature product.js - "displayBulk"

On the local server (Denver PHP 5. 3) runs everything perfectly. 
I bear the server, or installed on a server base prestashop 1.6.1.8 and products will not be saved

Linux #1 SMP Fri Oct 21 11:58:14 EDT 2016 x86_64

Apache/2.2.29 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.29 OpenSSL/1.0.1e-fips Phusion_Passenger/4.0.58 mod_bwlimited/1.4

PHP 5.4.45

RAM 128M

Reading this endless thread for the last few days I have to mention that there are several problems that people are facing.

I will try to sum up.

1. People are having slow loading times for the save button to appear
  2. People are not getting save button at all - endless loop
  3. People are getting "endless loop" after the save button appears and only when they try to save a product.

For problem number 3 there is a solution described in this post https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/563518-solved-problem-saving-products

The last few days I was facing problem number 2. I took a backup of my prestashop, deleted everything in the server and the sql, re-uploaded everything, connected the database and it worked. I have no conclusion about why this happened. A note here is that in my case all the possible fixes proposed in this thread, didn't work.

I haven't faced problem number 1. My save button loading time is 6sec. I still find this long but until I edit the product the save button has already appeared.

All these problems, especially 1 and 2 are major problems that leave someone feel desperate. I believe that there is no real focus on these problems and developers just ignore it and move on to the next releases that still contain the same problem. It is open source, I get it, but a lot of people are making money one way or another. It is for their benefit to fix it. I have done my part by posting my results. It is not my day job to write code.

PHP version: 5.6.27

Max execution time: 90

MySQL version: 10.0.28-MariaDB

Edited by costis (see edit history)
  • Like 2

DATA NOT SAVING!!  More specifically, when I enter new data whether it is meta title, pricing or reference codes, the system does not save the data and it reverts back to what it was, This has been an on-going issue for months now and our technicians do not know how to fix it. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

Please read it and apply it, both of you.

Firefox won't support it for long.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I have updated to latest version (1.6.1.9) with 1-click-update, but non-stop loading "Save" button is still the issue. I have default theme, made some modules but they dont disturb prestashop alone - meaning if i turn them off it makes no changes.. 3 out of 5 times, save button doesn't stop loading.
Can anyone confirm that this still hasn't been fixed ?

Reading this endless thread for the last few days I have to mention that there are several problems that people are facing.

I will try to sum up.

1. People are having slow loading times for the save button to appear
  2. People are not getting save button at all - endless loop
  3. People are getting "endless loop" after the save button appears and only when they try to save a product.

For problem number 3 there is a solution described in this post https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/563518-solved-problem-saving-products

The last few days I was facing problem number 2. I took a backup of my prestashop, deleted everything in the server and the sql, re-uploaded everything, connected the database and it worked. I have no conclusion about why this happened. A note here is that in my case all the possible fixes proposed in this thread, didn't work.

I haven't faced problem number 1. My save button loading time is 6sec. I still find this long but until I edit the product the save button has already appeared.

All these problems, especially 1 and 2 are major problems that leave someone feel desperate. I believe that there is no real focus on these problems and developers just ignore it and move on to the next releases that still contain the same problem. It is open source, I get it, but a lot of people are making money one way or another. It is for their benefit to fix it. I have done my part by posting my results. It is not my day job to write code.

PHP version: 5.6.27

Max execution time: 90

MySQL version: 10.0.28-MariaDB

Thanks for pointing it out. I got the (1) since my system went to production three years ago.

I upgraded from 1.6.0.X to 1.6.0.14 for my production system (with mostly default stuff). It always have (1) (Touch wood, I did not have (2) and (3) The waiting time may vary from 10 - 25 sec. As you point out, by the time I finish editing the product, the "SAVE" button is "READY".

I tried to upgrade to 1.6.1.9 and also all the fixes provided here. The problem still exists. So, I prefer stay in 1.6.0.14 for the time being.

Anyway, it is an "open source" and have to live with it. As long as it provides basic & stable environment, I'm happy. Hope some days the developer will have somethings for it.

Cheers

Server information Linux #3 SMP Thu Oct 20 14:54:11 EEST 2016 x86_64

Server software version Apache

PHP version 5.4.45

Memory limit 768M

Max execution time 120

• 1 month later...

i have the forever loading save button problem.. how to solve this ?

prestashop 1.6.1.10 fresh install

thank you

if the problem only with button - https://yadi.sk/i/DRvHvmOY383sgK

but you need - https://yadi.sk/i/XVbruYw6383tLp

enough to change in "admin/themes/default/template/controllers/products" files: combinations.TPL, image.TPL information.TPL, prices.TPL, seo.TPL

https://yadi.sk/i/KQbfu6qd384BbZ

I downloaded a contained version of Chromium - Version 30.0.1556.0 (210028)

http://commondatastorage.googleapis.com/chromium-browser-continuous/index.html?prefix=Win_x64/210028/

downloaded and extracted the zip package 

https://www.googleapis.com/download/storage/v1/b/chromium-browser-continuous/o/Win_x64%2F210028%2Fchrome-win32.zip?generation=1372901829086000&alt=media

using it as a standalone browser - no install

Prestashop Back Office Product save and update seems to work with this 2013 version

• Like 1

hi Guys 

please can someone help me!! i dont mind paying someone for this i need this to be sorted please!!:)

my products were adding up in weird way that sometimes after saving product it would think for 5 minutes and then it would just refresh and not save my new product now im completly down as i can not even access other tabs like price etc and saving buttons are "thinkin" all the time and can not make nay change or add new products and person who made this website left me on my own and doesnt want to (i belive dont dont know whas she doing) so im on my own with my limited knowledge...

please can someone email me and help me please my presta shop is 1.6.1.6 my email

[email protected]

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Prestashop 1.6.0.6

I have something like you guys but the save button not spining. When I hit save, it saves the product after 2.3 minutes. I've tried everything on this post and others but nothing changed.

Any other suggestions?

• 4 months later...

Sorry to bring up an old thread....but I've got the same problem.

Fresh Presta install (newer, but not NEWEST version 1.6.1.15), Deleted fake order and fake products, suppliers, manufacturers etc...added my first product and BAM - when I click on it to edit, there's an INFINITE load button.

So let me get this straight, the error popped us ***MANY*** versions ago in PrestaShop, yet Presta, in their infinite wisdom, have X.1.15 and this problem still occurs, without a single pop-up of the error message as to HOW or WHY this is occuring?! Really?

RoOSTA 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi,

there seems to be a lot of different kind of "fixes" to this problem. Tried quite many, made no difference. Checked log errors and figured out together with service provider that virtual server is running out of memory. It was set to 1GB and now with 2GB limit works just fine. Didn't need to modify any Presta files.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi 
I had the same problem : click on 'save' or 'save and stay' would take forever.
I tried a lot of fixes from this thread with no success.

It took me quite some time to find out that Mailchimp module v1.0.3 was guilty here.

Hook Time Memory Usage
hookactionProductUpdate 121067 ms 0.25 Mb

Module Time Memory Usage
mailchimpintegration 121057 ms 0.25 Mb

De activate that module solved the problem for me. 

it takes 1 second now instead of 2 min with mailchimp integration activated.

Just to say that a module can mess up with product update.

If you are still investigating on that issue, I recommend you set
'_PS_MODE_DEV_' and '_PS_DEBUG_PROFILING_' to  true in /config/defines.inc.php

Hope that this will save someone else's time.

Edited by SareaWS (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1