SOLVED - Problem saving products

Hi, i have a problem from this morning in my store( ps 1.6.1.2)

When i try to save a product (clicking save or save and stay), sometimes page is saved, but another times page is reloaded and data is not saved, its like the form is sent but not processed...

This problem never appeared before!! :S

But my surprise was when in another server i installed a fresh Prestashop  (ps 1.6.1.7) and i have the same problem!!!!:S:S:S

what is happening???

pleaseeee helppp!!!! thank u so much

Edited by piribipipi (see edit history)

Remove the following lines from the file /adminXXXX/themes/default/template/controllers/products/helpers/form/form.tpl: https://github.com/PrestaShop/PrestaShop/blob/5566c2d9d7e4ab88a201b2c5cf10e1cda2ff7150/admin-dev/themes/default/template/controllers/products/helpers/form/form.tpl#L252-L254

applied to my 1.6.1.7 shop, solved.  Thanks mdekker...

Remove the following lines from the file /adminXXXX/themes/default/template/controllers/products/helpers/form/form.tpl: https://github.com/PrestaShop/PrestaShop/blob/5566c2d9d7e4ab88a201b2c5cf10e1cda2ff7150/admin-dev/themes/default/template/controllers/products/helpers/form/form.tpl#L252-L254

Thank you very much . 

This worked with version 1.6.1.8 !! 

Thanks mdekker! Worked 1.6.1.6.

Could you explain a little more about what the problem was please. The existing code had presumably been put there for a reason. Is removing it likely to break something else? etc.

Why do you recommend patching the other files. What will that fix? What else is broken that we don't know about?

thanks mdekker, I join Paul7,

although the entire system now seems to work best,

I also wonder why this php function should be eliminated, I searched for weeks on the forums and it seems absurd that this problem was blocking one of the highlights of prestashop like inserting and updating products.

Thanks anyway I hope now to start making money with my UIL ecommerce. thank you guys ;)

Does not solve the problem for version 1.6.1.9 - the lines mentioned on this fix are not available anymore for to remove. Problem cannot be solved. Tab not loading is "associations".

Those line are not available in 1.6.1.9 because the problem is allready solved in this version. All tabs are loading in my test shop as well in my prod shop. Your problem must be elsewhere. Check your console for errors and revert to us.

It's not. Take a look here: https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/566554-spinning-buttons-problem/ and no errors on log of server, but error message on Prestashop as added there.

Does not solve the problem for version 1.6.1.9 - the lines mentioned on this fix are not available anymore for to remove. Problem cannot be solved. Tab not loading is "associations".

worked for version 1.6.1.7...and would not need be applied in 1.6.1.9 as that is covered by that release....30 push ups?  lol..hugs dude  but it's a mess for sure...all sorts of diff issues across shop  managers...not all just one specific symptom. 

Edited by El Patron (see edit history)

I used pscleaner to clean the database. i did it twice to get all the errors out. after this i cleared cache, deleted ../cache/class_index.php on my server and upgraded from 1.6.0.8 to 1.6.0.9. 

everything working ok now

(pscleaner; in dutch 'prestashop opschoner' shure it's called different in other languages)

Edited by frank de beer (see edit history)

I used pscleaner to clean the database. i did it twice to get all the errors out. after this i cleared cache, deleted ../cache/class_index.php on my server and upgraded from 1.6.0.8 to 1.6.0.9. 

everything working ok now

(pscleaner; in dutch 'prestashop opschoner' shure it's called different in other languages)

Sure not an solution for those having a shop running with data they need and made an upgrade of a lower version having now this problem....

Associations tab is not loading on my product dashboard site.

• 1 month later...

Bug seems to persist over various Prestashops I manage on entirely different servers. 

It seems to be fixed on 1.6.1.5, but the file structure is different on 1.6.1.10 which appears to still have this bug in it.

Any fix for 1.6.1.10? Would be greatly appreciated!

I downloaded a contained version of Chromium - Version 30.0.1556.0 (210028)

http://commondatastorage.googleapis.com/chromium-browser-continuous/index.html?prefix=Win_x64/210028/

downloaded and extracted the zip package 

https://www.googleapis.com/download/storage/v1/b/chromium-browser-continuous/o/Win_x64%2F210028%2Fchrome-win32.zip?generation=1372901829086000&alt=media

using it as a standalone browser - no install

Prestashop Back Office Product save and update seems to work with this 2013 version

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My form.tpl file does not have those lines to delete. It also only has 76 lines instead of the 321 lines the file has on github.

When in admin and editing products, my short descriptions, descriptions, meta titles and meta descriptions won't save, no matter how many times I try. I've tried save and stay, save, refreshed the page, closed the browser, rebooted, shut down. This has been going on for at least a week.

Any ideas, please?

• 6 months later...

The only browser that will work is Safari. I've been told because of cache settings in Chrome and the other.

It can be a module as well, when I updated the inixframe module saving got solved. But uploading virtual product files still was an issue. But Safari took care of that.

The only browser that will work is Safari. I've been told because of cache settings in Chrome and the other.

It can be a module as well, when I updated the inixframe module saving got solved. But uploading virtual product files still was an issue. But Safari took care of that.

Well the problem you are having could come from this module. Try to disable it, clear all caches and go ahead normally without it.

Well the problem you are having could come from this module. Try to disable it, clear all caches and go ahead normally without it.

Yes it did, the devs sent me an updated inixframe. Not only did my site go 3 times faster after it, it solved the saving issues I had in the product pages. But Safari took care of the other issues I started having, that was file uploads not being able to upload correctly. These issues are related, and seems to be something in the Prestashop core that still isn't fixed.

inixframe is disabled, it's a module within a dashboard module which I don't use.

Edited by nicoX (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

I'm having the same issue. But it is kind of strange: When I change my product info just a bit (for example I add "test"), it saves. When I type in several lines and hit save, it says "updated successfully" but when I reopen the product page it did not save anything.

I'm using PS 1.7.2.3 and it seems that this appeared after the upgrade from PS 1.7.x. The problem: I can't try your solution because in PS 1.7.2.3 there is no "products" folder in adminxxx/themes/default/template/controllers/

Another strange thing: the spinning wheel in the upper-left corner just won't stop spinning on the BO product page. And a "1" is showing up. See screenshot.

post-285072-0-60456400-1508308565_thumb.png

Do you have any idea?

Thank you very much.

EDIT: the product info thing was about the length of the short description. You have to set the length under settings -> product settings (sorry, I'm using the German version, don't know the exact expressions). Otherwise it won't save more than 400 characters AND when the short description is more than 400 characters it won't save your long description neither.

The spinning wheel thing is still there, I opened an issue about that:

http://forge.prestashop.com/browse/BOOM-4058

Edited by superoelk (see edit history)

• 6 months later...

Hi, that was my solution:

On 18.10.2017 at 8:49 AM, superoelk said:

EDIT: the product info thing was about the length of the short description. You have to set the length under settings -> product settings (sorry, I'm using the German version, don't know the exact expressions). Otherwise it won't save more than 400 characters AND when the short description is more than 400 characters it won't save your long description neither.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2017-09-20 at 4:52 PM, selectshop.at said:

The issue with their module was something never seen. I had it disabled for a long time, not until now I uninstalled and deleted it, after a long trouble-search to find the issue to my high TTFB. Now my page loads within 2 seconds. I was told before that Prestashop actually renders disabled modules as well, so you have to uninstall them, that's what I did this time:

Presta Apps Dashboard v3.0.1 - by Presta-Apps Solutions
Inixweb Framework | Email: [email protected]

• 5 months later...
On 10/26/2016 at 2:02 AM, piribipipi said:

Hi, i have a problem from this morning in my store( ps 1.6.1.2)

When i try to save a product (clicking save or save and stay), sometimes page is saved, but another times page is reloaded and data is not saved, its like the form is sent but not processed...

This problem never appeared before!! :S

But my surprise was when in another server i installed a fresh Prestashop  (ps 1.6.1.7) and i have the same problem!!!!:S:S:S

what is happening???

pleaseeee helppp!!!! thank u so much

I am facing same problem. Please help me.

On 11/10/2016 at 8:53 AM, rdy4ever said:

Remove lines 252,253 and 254. If you would've actually clicked the link provided you would've known.

submitHandler: function(form) {
    form.submit();
},

I'm using 1.6.0.14 and tried the fix specified above and it worked. 🤪 although in my version, I commented out lines 255, 256 & 257.  Please see the attachment.  This has been hugely frustrating for me, as I'm totally new to Prestashop.  Thanks to rdy4ever and the other people who mentioned this fix.  

Presta_Fix.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 10/31/2016 at 6:37 PM, monney1 said:

Search and remove the ff line and clear browser cache and smarty cache

submitHandler: function(form) {

form.submit();   }

there is nothing like this in my code

• 2 weeks later...

This fix worked also for Prestashop 1.6.1.7

The system worked as intended for a long time, suddenly the problem with saving product features appeared.  Removing the 3 lines of code as described in this forum topic fixed the problem.  What I find strange is that the system worked fine for a long tome, and this problem suddenly appeared  " out of the blue"  without any changes to my installation. Well, now it works again, but I'm wondering why it worked before the problem occurred ??

• 3 weeks later...

Heloo please help to me i hawe same problem but in version 1.7.5.1 , i cant find nothing for this version only on 1.6 ... .
Saving is very slow or never saving changes in product. Same problem is with show product online.

PLESE HEL TO ME I NOT POWER FOR THIS MORE.

On 10/31/2016 at 8:45 PM, El Patron said:

heloo any body speak only about version 1.6 , but same problemis with version 1.7.5.1 , i tray find this path but in 1.7.5.1 isn this path and file. Please write heere exactly path for 1.7.5.1 

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/31/2016 at 9:45 PM, El Patron said:

hello i have the same problem, i delete this lines and work fine for a week and then i had same problem , put again the lines i delete and work!!!!again for a while perfect,now i have the same problem again and if i delete this lines or not i am not able to save....please if someone can help me

thanks

• 1 month later...

@visiongold.org did you ever found a solution? I got the same problem more or less.

It seems to work if I clean the cache but it needs to be done everytime! If I disable completely the cache it works for once and then nothing....same problem.

I need to save the product from 3 to 6 times to work, no standard pattern.

I'm using the latest 1.6.24 version.

Anyone with a suggestion? It doens''t throw any errors under web console.

Same problem here, didnt save, when i delete those lines, works one time, and them happens again the problem.

I try disable many of modules, didint work.

What i see, is: after 1st time delete those lines, description and price of product can be edit normally, but another tabs of product, cant.

When i try see those lines again, they are back, and again, i delete. I could edit one tab (that was not working) and save it, but the next time got the same error

Edited by Punisher
Forgot to add more info. (see edit history)

Guys, after remove those lines on form.tpl the description and price is editable

but another tabs of product is not.

BUT: when i open a product and go to a tab (like 'tabs' and change anything BEFORE the 'save and stay' and 'save' load), it saves!

Maybe the problem is that load, right?

• 6 months later...
On 10/24/2019 at 12:49 PM, asmar said:

@visiongold.org did you ever found a solution? I got the same problem more or less.

It seems to work if I clean the cache but it needs to be done everytime! If I disable completely the cache it works for once and then nothing....same problem.

Did you find any solution for 1.6.1.24?

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Yours apologize for my english. 
I was the same problem with a customer. The problem start when update the browsers. New browsers handle in a different way the security and refusse some transactions.  To fix the problem, I use a Firefox ver 48 in this customer to work with presta 1.6 and the problem has disappear (you need uncheck automatic update in the browser).

• 2 months later...

I had the same issue with PS 1.7.7.4, but since I didn't grasp (or find) coding suggestions, I tried an older browser; Internet Explorer in Windows 10. It worked. This seems like a disfunction to me.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...
On 10/24/2019 at 11:49 AM, asmar said:

Same here! Still on 1.6.1.24.

That's why I have to use eMagicOne Store Manager, DBeaver or Visual Studio Code and edit the database directly.

But sometimes you just want to update a title or description in the backend. You can save it and it will work, but if you go back and edit something else and save it again, suddenly everything reverts to the very first version? You never know if the changes are saved and permanent...

Sometimes the different plugins or extensions in the browser consume more memory on the laptop therefore website loads slowly in some browsers.

When I disable some plugin then PS or other website loads faster.

An alternate solution is to try Adminer (https://www.adminer.org/) to update records quickly from the database tables. I have a free module for the same to access from the PS back office.