importing 190.000 products..more than 3 days with csv

Hi all,

i'm starting the process to import a large quantity of products to a new prestashop. The problem is that i have  about 190.000  and seems that using csv import i will need more than 3 days to import all data.

Any idea to accelerate this?

Anyone has experience with this very large imports?

Thank you in advance!

Bro, importing 190K products in 3 days makes you look at my eyes like God gifted religion leader...

yes, I don't know how you all do that...then you have to manage all those products... :wacko:

with that sort of experience please visit forum to help others.

hope you make loads of money.

• Like 1

Thank you to all,

mono1: testing the import i suspect that at first 50k products give me about 3-4 days but i think that along i uploading products speed reduces dramatically...

tuk66: thank you, i will try to remove temporarily indexing

El patron: well i have experience with huge volume of products, i came from oscommer but newbie at prestashop but i will try to help and learn at this forum to others.

Best regards!

If it were me, I would clone the shop in xampp and do the import from your local machine. I would set the php time out to a couple of days, then I would start the import and go to sleep. Just because the front end times out, does not mean the script stops. Just leave the page open and open a new tab and check the back office products, refresh after 1 minute to see if the import is still processing. 

• Like 3