Can't access my website after deleting the install folder from FTP

Hi, a complete newbie here and this is the very first time I'm trying to create a website, and I need some help from the gurus.

I finished the installation and deleted the install folder from FTP. When I try to click on "Manage your store", I get the following error message:

This page is not available

We're sorry, but the Web address you've entered is no longer available.

Can anyone help me with this please?

The Manage your store link is not intuitive. In addition to deleting your install folder, you need to rename your admin directory.

To manage your store, or as we call it the BO (Back office), type in your domain and the new name of your admin directory.

example.com/adminXXXX

To see your store, just enter example.com

Actually newer versions of the installer automatically rename the admin folder.

Are you taken to admin/ ? Or something else? Anyway you can check the real name by logging through ftp and looking for adminXXXX as mentioned by Bill

To manage your store, or as we call it the BO (Back office), type in your domain and the new name of your admin directory.

example.com/adminXXXX

To see your store, just enter example.com

I did enter a new admin name, the result is the same - I'm getting the same error message.

I also tried to see my store but see a blank screen.

Actually newer versions of the installer automatically rename the admin folder.

Are you taken to admin/ ? Or something else? Anyway you can check the real name by logging through ftp and looking for adminXXXX as mentioned by Bill

My admin folder remains the same in FTP, it is not renamed.

Yes, I am taking to admin, I believe. In the Installation Assistant page, after a successful finished upload, I simply click on the green button in the Back Office icon (section? whatever it is called, there is another one next to it that sayd "Discover your store). The green button says "Manage your store". Once I click on it, another tab is opened and I can see my store, but there is the error I've been talking about above.

OK, it is possible that I have figured it out. I went to the public_html folder in FTP and deleted the install folder there. The admin folder there was renamed too. Then I tried to log into my store and it seems to work as I see a dashboard.

Can deleting the install folder from the original folder on FTP (not the public_html folder) effect the performance of the software on my site or it doesn't matter? Thanks!

OK, it is possible that I have figured it out. I went to the public_html folder in FTP and deleted the install folder there. The admin folder there was renamed too. Then I tried to log into my store and it seems to work as I see a dashboard.

Can deleting the install folder from the original folder on FTP (not the public_html folder) effect the performance of the software on my site or it doesn't matter? Thanks!

No worries, you'll be fine. Thanks for joining and let us know if you have anymore questions. Thanks!