[SOLVED] hook left column on cms pages

• 1 month later...

Hmm... I just updated to Prestashop 1.6.0.5 and on my theme the left colum disabled on CMS pages, when I edit the config and try to enable it I get this error message "An error occurred while updating this meta"

What could the issue be? Where can I fix it?

Thanks.

• Like 1

+1

I have the same problem. I use non responsive theme based on prestashop 1.5 default with several modification. After successfully upgrade to 1.6.0.5 before minutes i can`t hook left column on category page, product page and cms page. Have the same same error message like fire2:
"An error occurred while updating this meta"

I try to disable/enable other meta and don`t have problem with other. But this ( category page, product page and cms page ) is disabled by default and need to find issue to problem.

Attach picture from BO. Live (test) store: markov.detelinmarkov.com

post-335617-0-67148500-1395079657_thumb.png

Suggestions how to fix the problem or may be better to open ticket on forge?

Thanks,

Detelin

I have the same problem 

After installing 1.6 

i cant activate the left and right column on product page.

got the same error "An error occurred while updating this meta"

I use the default 1.5 theme

How i can fix this ?

this theme control panel works only with 1.6 theme, not 1.5

The funny thing is I updated my fresh 1.6.0.4 RC shop that was working fine (test site, not production) using default bootstrap theme to the stable 1.6.0.5 and I am getting the exact same error, I cannot enable left or right columns on those pages... using default 1.6 theme. 

Fire2 i don't understand something:

On test with Rc1 you are try only default bootstrap theme or boath (default bootstrap 1.6 theme AND YOUR theme based on 1.5 are working properly - after install you have left column or enable it after that?

Excuse me for my missunderstanding.

Now I have two 1.6 shops, one I updated from a fresh 1.6.0.4 install I had from a few days ago and one I just updated from 1.5.6.2.

On the previous RC I was using only default 1.6 theme and I had left column enabled on category and CMS pages. Now I updated to the stable version and the left column on those pages got disabled and I can't enable them (I get that error, the same error than if I try on the other 1.5 updated shop with my 1.5 theme). I hope its clear now.

You how upgrade? Do you change to default theme before upgrade?

I activate default theme before upgrade.

Now i try my other test shop. active other (modified) theme based on 1.5 - upgrade here from 1.6.0.2 to 1.6.0.5 and in theme config now i have two times category, two times CMS, two times index... one category i can enable (second one can`t) CMS and index to. And i see i this show left column on category page (on index none)

Tomorrow i try to roll back first shop and upgrade but with active my modified theme.

I upgraded from 1.5.6 to 1.6.0.5

i have activated my modified theme before i upgraded. 

not the default one. 

if i understand you right, its a difference which theme is activated before upgrade ? right

I install clean 1.6.0.2 prestashop. Import my modified 1.5 theme and then i upgrade to 1.6.0.5

After upgrade i have 2 time problem meta! See picture:

post-335617-0-87625500-1395133325_thumb.png

Today i will roll back first store that i test and will wait to next release - STABLE RELEASE!

Dear Prestashop,

I make several mistakes with 1.6 v! Thank you for distribution but you need to fix it. Integrating of responsive front and back office in one time is not god. I personaly want only 1.6 Back Office. I don`t want all of responsive technology in front office. 

You tell: 1.6 will be possible to use 1.5 theme but? I read other topics and many people have problems...

I install clean 1.6.0.2 prestashop. Import my modified 1.5 theme and then i upgrade to 1.6.0.5

After upgrade i have 2 time problem meta! See picture:

attachicon.gifdetelin-markov104622001.png

Today i will roll back first store that i test and will wait to next release - STABLE RELEASE!

Dear Prestashop,

I make several mistakes with 1.6 v! Thank you for distribution but you need to fix it. Integrating of responsive front and back office in one time is not god. I personaly want only 1.6 Back Office. I don`t want all of responsive technology in front office. 

You tell: 1.6 will be possible to use 1.5 theme but? I read other topics and many people have problems...

ok i understand.

the back office is really nice 

but the update gap really big from 1.5. 1.6 and this causes problems for modules an themes.

the only solution for me actually is to roll back to 1.5 and wait for a stable version.

but great work from the Prestashop Team , hope this bugs will be fixed in the future.

or we find together a solution for it.

this are the bugs i discover actually 

- left and right column problem on cms, product, and product page

- block contact, block social not displayed in footer.

• Like 1

Hi, I do not really understand how to fix this, what are you supposed to do with this code?

I have gone to

https://github.com/PrestaShop/PrestaShop/commit/ef27ec278df5bc09ab680974d6e3dcd2eeaf4307

and

http://forge.prestashop.com/browse/PSCSX-1179

But doesnt really explain how to fix this (well for a simpleton like myself), So I dont really know what i am supposed to do to fix this issue, i have a very limited knowledge of php and sql stuff.

Cheers

Chris

Thanks, seems i get an error. I copied and pasted the whole thing from github i presume that is right.

fyi i upgraded from 1.4.7 to this version, I dont now if i should have gone to 1.5 then to 1.6, maybe i am missign aload of tables that may have been in 1.5 any idea?

Error

SQL query:

ALTER TABLE `PREFIX_order_invoice_tax` ADD INDEX ( `id_tax` )

MySQL said: b_help.png

#1146 - Table 'db403680663.PREFIX_order_invoice_tax' doesn't exist 
Edited by Greenpilgrim (see edit history)

Yes, in most cases the prefix (by default) is ps

In that case, run this SQL query via your hosting admin or cpanel phpmyadmin

INSERT IGNORE INTO `ps_meta` (`id_meta`, `page`, `configurable`) VALUES
(NULL, 'products-comparison', '1'),
(NULL, 'cms', '0'),
(NULL, 'category', '0'),
(NULL, 'product', '0'),
(NULL, 'module-bankwire-payment', '0'),
(NULL, 'module-bankwire-validation', '0'),
(NULL, 'module-cheque-validation', '0'),
(NULL, 'module-cheque-payment', '0');

INSERT IGNORE INTO `ps_theme_meta` ( `id_theme` , `id_meta` , `left_column` , `right_column` )
SELECT `ps_theme`.`id_theme` , `ps_meta`.`id_meta` , `default_left_column` , `default_right_column`
FROM `ps_theme` , `ps_meta`;
  • Like 2

I did that now i get this come up.

SQL query:

INSERT IGNORE INTO `ps_meta` ( `id_meta` , `page` , `configurable` )
VALUES (

NULL , 'products-comparison', '1'
), (
NULL , 'cms', '0'
), (
NULL , 'category', '0'
), (
NULL , 'product', '0'
), (
NULL , 'module-bankwire-payment', '0'
), (
NULL , 'module-bankwire-validation', '0'
), (
NULL , 'module-cheque-validation', '0'
), (
NULL , 'module-cheque-payment', '0'
)

MySQL said: b_help.png

#1054 - Unknown column 'configurable' in 'field list'

Sorry to be a pain :)

I am sorry i did not get what was done to fix the error below because i got a similar error too. My prefix is 'pr'

Error

SQL query:

INSERT IGNORE INTO `pr_meta` ( `id_meta` , `page` , `configurable` )
VALUES (

NULL , 'products-comparison', '1'

), (

NULL , 'cms', '0'

), (

NULL , 'category', '0'

), (

NULL , 'product', '0'

), (

NULL , 'module-bankwire-payment', '0'

), (

NULL , 'module-bankwire-validation', '0'

), (

NULL , 'module-cheque-validation', '0'

), (

NULL , 'module-cheque-payment', '0'

);

MySQL said: dot.gif

#1054 - Unknown column 'configurable' in 'field list'

Fresh install here with default 'bootstrap' theme, with some minor modifications in CSS, also not displaying left_column on category, CMS, frontpage, product.

It does however display in search_results page, strangely.

post-768721-0-64355000-1395602078_thumb.png

post-768721-0-57176000-1395602079_thumb.png

Hi, 1.5 => 1.6 upgrade, default theme, after running that SQL script and some extensive clicking I got double entries for "category", "cms", "index", "order", "product"
post-776094-0-65262000-1395663848_thumb.png

is it normal or is it required to do something with that?

thanks!

Ok I have done all these changes and it doesn't appear to do anything. 

I got these sql queries to work but i had to create a missing column (configurable) and missing table (ps_theme_meta and ps_theme) (copied settings from fresh install database)

after doing this the commands worked fine. but doesn't appear change anything

I installed a fresh install to compare the databases and there are quite a few tables in the new install that do not exist in my upgraded version.

e.g. ps_themeconfigurator and ps_theme_specific

I guess there is some sort of bug during the upgrade that hasnt created these tables or something. (i dont really know how all this works)

Would creating these missing tables do anything?

At this point i am thinking would it be better to try and export/import my products and customers from either my upgraded version or my original version (1.4.7). I may have a look for a module or something to import and export but would any existing modules be compatible with 1.6? or anyone have any success in doing this since this release?

Cheers

Chris

(NULL, 'cms', '0'),
(NULL, 'category', '0'),
(NULL, 'product', '0'),

INSERT IGNORE INTO `ps_theme_meta` ( `id_theme` , `id_meta` , `left_column` , `right_column` )
SELECT `ps_theme`.`id_theme` , `ps_meta`.`id_meta` , `default_left_column` , `default_right_column`

I've done it and I've received:

(NULL, 'cms', '0'),
(NULL, 'category', '0'),
(NULL, 'product', '0'),
(NULL, 'module-cheque-payment', '0');# MySQL returned an empty result set (i.e. zero rows).

FROM `ps_theme` , `ps_meta`;# MySQL returned an empty result set (i.e. zero rows).

Ok I have done all these changes and it doesn't appear to do anything. 

I got these sql queries to work but i had to create a missing column (configurable) and missing table (ps_theme_meta and ps_theme) (copied settings from fresh install database)

after doing this the commands worked fine. but doesn't appear change anything

I installed a fresh install to compare the databases and there are quite a few tables in the new install that do not exist in my upgraded version.

e.g. ps_themeconfigurator and ps_theme_specific

[...]

Same here. It looks I miss the ps_themeconfigurator (ps_theme_specific exists but is empty) and who knows what else....

By the way, followed the instruction but nothing changed, I'm still unable to activate left (and right) column on category, cms and product page.

Edited by vansrv7 (see edit history)

Same here. It looks I miss the ps_themeconfigurator (ps_theme_specific exists but is empty) and who knows what else....

By the way, followed the instruction but nothing changed, I'm still unable to activate left (and right) column on category, cms and product page.

I didnt work for me right out of the box, but I fixed it eventually.

Go to "Positions" and find "LeftColumn", then edit each block manually. It worked for me, I attached both images. B)

post-768721-0-99392500-1395686060_thumb.png

post-768721-0-42303100-1395686061_thumb.png

Hello Vekia i followed through with the discussions but still have error with my sql

Error

SQL query: dot.gif

INSERT IGNORE INTO `pr_theme_meta` ( `id_theme` , `id_meta` , `left_column` , `right_column` )
SELECT `pr_theme`.`id_theme` , `pr_meta`.`id_meta` , `default_left_column` , `default_right_column`
FROM `pr_theme` , `pr_meta` ;

MySQL said: dot.gif

#1054 - Unknown column 'default_left_column' in 'field list'

I still need some help

(NULL, 'cms', '0'),
(NULL, 'category', '0'),
(NULL, 'product', '0'),

it's Works..!

Thanks for the fix !

• Like 1

Hi Vekia,

i've read your tutorial (for 3 column) but i have a problem:

left column only show in Product page

right column show properly in every page

slider module work terrible

I think that the problem is the language translation that have to be made before.

Also if i try to edit the translation i get this error:

403 Forbidden

Access to this resource on the server is denied!

I think that it's a big bug.

i try to search more.

thanks in advance

(upgraded from 1.5)

Edited by Deynor (see edit history)

hello

check modules attached to left column (and to right also)

i bet on exceptions

go to modules > positions

search for your columns hooks, and click on edit button near each module attached to these lists.

verify "exceptions" field for each of them.

• Like 1

Vekia,

I try your fix yesterday but not work for me.

I can`t turn on left column in guest-tracking page. Try to add "guest-tracking" in Emilien SQL code but again do not show left column.

SET NAMES 'utf8';

ALTER TABLE `ps_order_invoice_tax` ADD INDEX (`id_tax`);
 +
  (NULL, 'cms', '0'),
  (NULL, 'category', '0'),
  (NULL, 'product', '0'),
  (NULL, 'guest-tracking', '0'),

INSERT IGNORE INTO `PREFIX_theme_meta` ( `id_theme` , `id_meta` , `left_column` , `right_column` )

Ideas how to fix it?

Vekia,

I try your fix yesterday but not work for me.

I can`t turn on left column in guest-tracking page. Try to add "guest-tracking" in Emilien SQL code but again do not show left column.

SET NAMES 'utf8';

ALTER TABLE `ps_order_invoice_tax` ADD INDEX (`id_tax`);
 +
  (NULL, 'cms', '0'),
  (NULL, 'category', '0'),
  (NULL, 'product', '0'),
  (NULL, 'guest-tracking', '0'),

INSERT IGNORE INTO `PREFIX_theme_meta` ( `id_theme` , `id_meta` , `left_column` , `right_column` )

Ideas how to fix it?

without inspection in back office (to identify source of problems) it's hard to help, unfortunately ;(

i've noticed that there is no universal solution for this, due to the fact, that problem has got different sources

• Like 1

Well I too have been having no success with all the fixes listed. For me what finally worked was:

Modules > Postions - displayLeftColumn

Edit New Products block and using CTRL unselect 'index' which was highlighted, then Save

This then added that block to my left column on home page

What seems to be happening is that despite all other changes proposed, in some cases, all the modules assigned by default to displayLeftColumn have an override set so they don't display. I'm not sure if this is something left over from above fixes or not, but by manually updating those exceptions lists for each module I wanted in left column I was able to ger them to display.

Edited by redactuk (see edit history)

Hi legends and moderators, I upgraded with  1 click upgrade from 1.4.5.1 to 1.6. The layered navigation filer v1.10.5 does not show in the left column. The left column shows with other modules when I select a category in top menu.

In theme/bootstrap left column list settings, category (id_meta is 28), cms (29), index (4,26), and product (27) are red and when I click error is "An error occurred while updating this meta."

On phpmyadmin, I have set left column to 1 for category and all metas . 

<a class="list-action-enable ajax_table_link action-disabled" title="Disabled" href="index.php?controller=AdminThemes&id_theme_meta=0&leftmeta&action=leftmeta&ajax=1&token=ed47c4163cda57a415a10a0d3a0e4906">

I also replaced the theme from fresh install. Layered filter shows in the fresh install.

What is missing? ow should I correct?

Regards,
Rekha

One setting different from fresh install is: advanced parameters/ performance - "Disable all overrides" is 'Yes' and not changing to 'No'. In the fresh install the setting s 'No'.

Layered filter is in left column with no exceptions. layered module in Positions is same as in fresh install.

I can give you access to the website.

Hello everyone, I had tried all of the previous solutions to no avail. I then downloaded a fresh copy of prestashop 1.6 and extracted the default-bootstrap template and installed it, and like magic, we had a left column. This was the only solution that worked for me. Hope this helps some of you guys.

I did that already with no change. I copied the bootstrap theme folder from a fresh install and copied over the existing theme. Once earlier too I had to do a fresh reinstall for a new version case the upgrade had severe faults, and it was very difficult cause I could not import the orders database.

I just solved my problem, paste the same following code in the database via phpmyadmin in the SQL box and click Go. The category,cms and index values for left column were being considered as 0 even when set to 1 in the database tables. The code ignores the 0 .

The left column appeared on category pages ie when I select a category in the menu.

(NULL, 'cms', '0'),

(NULL, 'category', '0'),

(NULL, 'product', '0'),

• Like 1

so, i can check it for you if you want :) if so just let me know on PM, 

hi Vekia,

can you still able to check my BO? i can't send you a PM. the site is not in local anymore so you will be able to access it now :)

thank you.

I just solved my problem, paste the same following code in the database via phpmyadmin in the SQL box and click Go. The category,cms and index values for left column were being considered as 0 even when set to 1 in the database tables. The code ignores the 0 .
The left column appeared on category pages ie when I select a category in the menu.

(NULL, 'cms', '0'),
(NULL, 'category', '0'),
(NULL, 'product', '0'),

this solved my problem too! thank you! :D

Mine problem is, that I can see Left Column on Home, on Product, but not on Product List. Any idea to resolve this problem? Thanks.

go to localization > positions

search for displayLeftColumn list of modules

then click on edit button near each of the module attached to list

check "exceptions" field, if there is any exception defined: just remove it.

• Like 1

go to localization > positions

search for displayLeftColumn list of modules

then click on edit button near each of the module attached to list

check "exceptions" field, if there is any exception defined: just remove it.

Are you means Modules-Positions?

There is only one module in the displayLeftColumn - the Categories block  - v2.8

I checked it before I send my question. There are no exception.

In Live Edit I can see Categories block in Product List, but this one is empty.

This behavior is not OK, but not a catastrophic.:-)

category block appears only if there is some subcategory to display. if there is no subcategories - module will not show, in this case also whole left column.

can you for test purposes attach to left column also other module?

Are you means Modules-Positions?

There is only one module in the displayLeftColumn - the Categories block  - v2.8

I checked it before I send my question. There are no exception.

In Live Edit I can see Categories block in Product List, but this one is empty.

This behavior is not OK, but not a catastrophic.:-)

Uff: Solved.

In Configure "Categories block" module I switched Category root from Current to Home. :-\

Tahks for yours time.