Looking for a guestbook!!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello,

I am just wondering how you put the guestbook form and the approved forms(suggestions that is already filled by the guest) in one page? meaning all of them is located or to be found only in a one page, therefore the forms can't be found in the left column. Does anyone knows how to do it? thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Ehinarr, this is a great module. I'm testing it, but I would like to put it in a dedicated page (not in the left column), guestbook.php: http://www.cristalstudio.ro/dery/guestbook.php
I installed the version 2.2, created a new hook ('guestbook'), added it in guestbook.tpl in my theme.
The module loads where i want it, but the Sign guestbook link doesn't work.

I added to the guestbook.php from the module folder:

function hookGuestbook($params)
   {
       return $this->hookRightColumn($params);
   }

and on public function install()

OR !$this->registerHook('rightColumn') OR !$this->registerHook('guestbook'))

In header.php I added:

$smarty->assign(array(
   'HOOK_HEADER' => Module::hookExec('header'),
   'HOOK_LEFT_COLUMN' => Module::hookExec('leftColumn'),
   'HOOK_TOP' => Module::hookExec('top'),
   'HOOK_GUESTBOOK' => Module::hookExec('guestbook'),

In guestbook.tpl i added:

Guestbook

{$HOOK_GUESTBOOK}

Any ideas why it doesn't work?
I appreciate any help.

I would also like to load the comments on the same page, if possible.

Cristina

Hi,

Ehinarr, this is a great module. I'm testing it, but I would like to put it in a dedicated page (not in the left column), guestbook.php: http://www.cristalstudio.ro/dery/guestbook.php
I installed the version 2.2, created a new hook ('guestbook'), added it in guestbook.tpl in my theme.
The module loads where i want it, but the Sign guestbook link doesn't work.

Any ideas why it doesn't work?
I appreciate any help.

I would also like to load the comments on the same page, if possible.

Cristina

I left a message in your guestbook and it seems that everything worked well.

I left a message in your guestbook and it seems that everything worked well.

Hello Ehinarr,
Got your message. Figured out why it didn't "seem" to work. It has a test somewhere for the length of the message. If it has less than 5 characters, it throws an error message. I was testing it with the 'test' word. :)

I'm having troubles formatting it.
I may return for help on that if I don't manage alone :)

I appreciate your answer.

Cristina

It has a test somewhere for the length of the message. If it has less than 5 characters, it throws an error message. I was testing it with the 'test' word. :)

Cristina

You can change minimum quantity of characters accepted near line 145 of guestbook.php file:

if($message == "" || strlen($message) < 5 || strlen($message) > $nb_chars)

Do You plan to make a center page like that?

25942_QKLJWJsGt1VK7SN6P02W_t

Do You plan to make a center page like that?

Yes, that is how i'd like it to be. When you press Sign guestbook, the form will be inserted between top of the page and guestbook comments?

Yes, it works like in your page.

I only did add - echo $guestbook->hookRightColumn(); on guestbooklist.php:

$guestbook = new guestbook();
echo $guestbook->forLogged();
echo $guestbook->hookRightColumn();
echo $guestbook->guestbooklist();

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

First of all thanks for such a great module.
Iam trying to adapt it for my needs, so i moved it to a separate page, just like contact form. It works great, but i cant get character count to work.

Because this module is in center column iam not hiding the div like this module does:

function toggleLayer( whichLayer )

and possibly why script doesnt work.

Any idea how to append it to static field?

NVM: Fixed

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, does anyone have the problem of the selected individual category inside the left column block listing being highlighted in full green instead of the letters? I tried disabling the guestbook v2.2 function in prestashop v1.3.1 and it goes back to normal. I suspect there is a small bug in the guestbook module. Does anyone know how to correct this? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Err... Sorry, not too sure what you are asking about. But the guestbook module is installed fresh on a fresh copy of the prestashop.
The category module comes preinstalled with the prestashop. The green color appears when you are suppose to click on the category module and shows that it has been selected. Hopefully this helps to clear your doubt.

• 2 weeks later...

you're fast haha!!!

Secon pic (pic nr.2) is that i signed the guestbook, no problems with that but when i want to view the guestbook after i approved message in BO everything is white in the center and right column is all gone and no wiznav bar anymore, no cart anymore (pic nr.1) and some pics are broken...

30282_8qb8z737tjodQf7EHWXq_t

30283_h3otLXDxagFIcgQn0vjH_t

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I hope someone is still looking here every now and then...

My problem is that I don't know how to adjust the amount of characters for the email adresses. My [spam-filter] tryed to leave a message, but his adres was to long to fit in the box.

And thanks for the module, i'm very pleased with it.

Liesbeth Janssen (www.kidssunsafe.nl)

• 3 weeks later...
I hope someone is still looking here every now and then...

My problem is that I don't know how to adjust the amount of characters for the email adresses. My [spam-filter] tryed to leave a message, but his adres was to long to fit in the box.

And thanks for the module, i'm very pleased with it.

Liesbeth Janssen (www.kidssunsafe.nl)

Try to increase maxlength and size values, near line 160 on guestbook.tpl:

<input type="text" maxlength="25" size="22" name="email" value="{$email}"/></p>

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
Ehinarr I really like your module and I want you to add more if is it possible?

I just pm'ed you

Thanks

Try this, in order to let only registered users writing on guestbook:

A very complete and very worn out module. Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

I absolutely love this guestbook module! But the time stamp on messages is two hours off my local time. Where does the module pick up the time for the time stamp? And how can I change it to reflect my local time? Thanks for the excellent work on this!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
I'm waiting for the stable 1.4 release in order to re-write the module. Thus, I count on suggestions from users of this module in order to improve it.

Hi, Ehinarr

Still intends to support this module to Prestashop 1.4.x?

Thank you.

Hello Ehinar,It's been a while, but i don't forgetwhat you have done for me and all oyher people.I am still using this module in new shop.We keep in touch mate.

Hello, how are you? I'm glad to hear from you. Soon I will initiate the upgrade of the module.

Ehinarr,

I have a question, I am trying to change some colors from the module and when u look with the development addon for IE it says:

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/shop/modules/guestbook/jquery.autocomplete.css"/>

But i dont have that css file anywhere...

From wich css file is he getting the color information?

Thx for the reply..

• 2 months later...

Hello,

I am using this guestbook for a year now, but my old messages from a year ago aren't displayed anymore.

Can i somewhere put them on again?

I don't make people to fill in my guestbook, but i am glad with the few i have.

I only also want the old ones displayed.

Fabian

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

I bought the module Guestbook, but SPAM SPAM, so I download your nice module.

But It only shows last 20 messages. Where can I find the older messages

I am newbie :(

Like the earlier writer I am from cut and paste generation:)

• 3 weeks later...

It is actually a nice and helpful piece of information. I am satisfied that you simply shared this useful info with us. Please stay us informed like this. Thanks for sharing.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I downloaded this guestbook module just over a year ago to use with the Prestashop package on our thrift store website, www.3rtt.com. Today I received in the mail a cease and desist/settlement demand letter from Getty Images claiming I'm in violation of their copyright on the image used in the guestbook module. They are demanding I pay them several hundred dollars within the next two weeks, or they will pursue further legal action against me. I downloaded and installed this module in good faith, not expecting to be targeted with this sort of punitive action because of the choice of image built into the module. I would suggest to anyone else who has downloaded and is using this module to remove the gold/black fountain pen image from the module package and use another image which doesn't have the copyright issue. I would also strongly suggest to the creator of this guestbook module to change the image to something that will not inadvertently cause those using the module to violate any copyright.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I downloaded this guestbook module just over a year ago to use with the Prestashop package on our thrift store website, www.3rtt.com. Today I received in the mail a cease and desist/settlement demand letter from Getty Images claiming I'm in violation of their copyright on the image used in the guestbook module. They are demanding I pay them several hundred dollars within the next two weeks, or they will pursue further legal action against me. I downloaded and installed this module in good faith, not expecting to be targeted with this sort of punitive action because of the choice of image built into the module. I would suggest to anyone else who has downloaded and is using this module to remove the gold/black fountain pen image from the module package and use another image which doesn't have the copyright issue. I would also strongly suggest to the creator of this guestbook module to change the image to something that will not inadvertently cause those using the module to violate any copyright.

hi did they tell also about the name of the image

if you look on their site i can't find this image ,,

all i know is that gettyimages likes to sent claim letters around ,

just type the name getty images in google and you will find so many pages from people who received an leter from them

so this is why i ask if they told where you can find this image

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...