Looking for a guestbook!!

I do modules as a hobby, not like a job. I really like PS and I learn a lot while I help someone. Of course, if I receive for that, I stay happy. But I do not have answer to all questions. I am still learning.

Hey Ehinarr,

Do you feel like you want to do another module? :-)

Maybe, I must like the idea and it must be under my skills. Without passion, nothing occurs.

I am running an international site. Can this module add a field "country"? I would like to show where they are from. And can this module be protected by Captcha?

This is a great module. Thank you very much

The captcha discourages customers from signing the guestbook. In addition, the module has a sophisticated error handling, something like entering a bad email writing or leave something blank. A column for the countries it is possible to add, but the selection list would be enormous.

Oh. I see. Do you mind to add a field for the country?

This module is one of the best module..... well planned..... Thank you again for sharing this great module.

Oh. I see. Do you mind to add a field for the country?

This module is one of the best module….. well planned….. Thank you again for sharing this great module.

If you allow show emails and rename it to Country, that do not fit your needs?

But then where my customers can leave their email address? I want to send them a discount coupon after they sign my guest book.... more sell....

If the guest book module can show the country, others will see I have customers all over the world.... it will bring more international customers in my site....

Country and the email are the important field to me.

How about a reminder service module? Something like this:

http://www.onlyflorists.co.uk/reminder.aspx

I will play a little around that you proposed and if I decide work on this module I notice you.
I have had a lot of troubles with Random Special Module, just to make it change on a right time. I do not know how could I do in order to send the emails in a future date/time.

How about a reminder service module? Something like this:

http://www.onlyflorists.co.uk/reminder.aspx

I will play a little around that you proposed and if I decide work on this module I notice you.
I have had a lot of troubles with Random Special Module, just to make it change on a right time. I do not know how could I do in order to send the emails in a future date/time.

Thanks for considering it.

But then where my customers can leave their email address? I want to send them a discount coupon after they sign my guest book…. more sell….

If the guest book module can show the country, others will see I have customers all over the world…. it will bring more international customers in my site….

Country and the email are the important field to me.

It is not bad idea. Let me bath on the beach and spend some money, drinking a lot of beer while I think about that. It's not difficult, I am just a little tired.

Hi Dwita
Please post your url & we would be happy to look into your CSS, should only take 5 mins & then we will post you the correct solution.
If you are available later on SKYPE we can also give you a quick tutorial on firebug ;)

Alpha media. thanks for looking at my site for the newsletter block.
I send you a PM with the url.

Hi @Yoda,

As you suggested, I added a country column to Guest Book. This version is only for evaluation purposes, I do not recommend it to production yet. Please test it and make me know if it is what you thought.

It works perfect. Super module. Exactly what I want... Thank you very much.

:cheese:

Really. At first shot? Hole in one! The autocomplete countries works well? Send me your link in order to view it at work.

Autocomplete countries works well. At first I did not know it was there, then I say holy moly.....What a great function....

I am still setting the site up. I doubt if it will ever go live...... :-S But it work in my local. If my site goes live and I make money, I will make a donation. You have my word.

Ehinarr,

Think i found something important.
The guestbook is not protected against spam.
I only accept 80 characters, but someone is typing a message with more characters.

this is the message.

lipitor prescription medication lipitor leg cramp lipitor 40 mg prices lipitor medical journals http://www.bookfamily.org/showthread.php?p=8283#post8283 40mg lipitor http://www.ersanbasbug.com/tr/fun/index.php?showtopic=42460 lipitor chelation therapy lipitor and bowel cramps http://www.dg-company.com/forum/index.php?topic=262.msg962;topicseen lipitor magzines http://www.hillelcenter.org/new/board/showthread.php?p=20568#post20568 search pravachol lipitor actio of drug lipitor http://n-frag.com/forums/showthread.php?p=54899#post54899 lipitor break tablet lipitor abilify

How can this happen?
I think it is an sgl injection.
Can you look at the code?
Thanks mate.

I see how this is happen.
If someone fill out his name, email and then hold CTRL V and press send.
The message will still go and don't check the characters amount.
I hope you know what i mean.
My English is bad.

I think that an option that only logged customers can write
and everybody view is also a good way.
Don't you think?
Because now if i ad only logged. people wont register to see the guestbook.

Also a little stupid thing ;-P
We know that there are allot of stupid people in the world.
If someone type a message without space. the scroll is activated.
now problem. but when you moderate the message, the last message displays over the featured products.
See my attachment.

15074_tDbuYVBRzxSstdWPxFeB_t

Yes, i banned the ip.
if i banned the ip and delete the message, is the ban still active? are most i keep the message in the back-office.

The active banned ip is to remember you what and how many ip's you are banned.

Ok i get the point.
Thats nice.

Hi, @Dwita,

I (des)ban your IP, and reinstalled a version with, I guess, a little more security, in order to limit textarea input.
Please try another time post a messagem great than 80 characters in my test site.

The security of the box is now final.
no spam anymore.
ill wait for the release

Guest Book 1.9

1. Iincreased textarea security, in order to really limit character quantity typed.
2. Added show/no show countries column;
3. Added a button to delete all messages in database (but not the table), as suggested @Poezenwinkel.

Please, let me know any kind of problem.

I am not using this module at all. But I am following what you are doing. I think the drop down text box is good, but it may take up space. My suggestion is when the customers click the sign the guest book button, a text box will pop up which contents the name, email, country, and message field . I think doing it this way will take less space and make the module neat. Just a suggestion......

I am not using this module at all. But I am following what you are doing. I think the drop down text box is good, but it may take up space. My suggestion is when the customers click the sign the guest book button, a text box will pop up which contents the name, email, country, and message field . I think doing it this way will take less space and make the module neat. Just a suggestion......

Most people are with the function block pop up's enabled in their browsers.

It is just an insert an image html code in my cart.

There is a module that will make the footer like mine. Search it.

Yes the module that you use for the footer is the web 2.0 i think.
But its hard to get the code because i don't use the default template.
Thanks anyway.

I added the ability to manage the messages that have been approved, now you can delete them, banish them or return them to moderation. Anyone interested in this? I study the possibility (remote) to incorporate thickox.

I am interested for sure mate.
Bring it on ;-)

But I worry about the database. How to do a reinstall without affecting the old database.

Men, Don't worry about that. I have a backup from the messages.
So bring it on mate.
People must backup there messages.
Your doing a good job that you want to build a module for the community.
Your support is appreciated.

I visited your website and noticed that you are using the module hotprice. I developed a similar. It also has a countdown timer. However, the module randomly selects a product and places it on sale, according to a percentage reduction and change intervals of specials previously defined. You can see it at http://www.biquinimodapraia.com.br/ - Promoções do dia.

ohh, I have a little update to guest book module, I made Bo more organized and visually pleasing.

I visited your website and noticed that you are using the module hotprice. I developed a similar. It also has a countdown timer. However, the module randomly selects a product and places it on sale, according to a percentage reduction and change intervals of specials previously defined. You can see it at http://www.biquinimodapraia.com.br/ - Promoções do dia.

ohh, I have a little update to guest book module, I made Bo more organized and visually pleasing.

You impressed me Sir, I thought that is it, but you keep coming up with improvements with the guest book. I really learn a lot from it. Thanks.

You impressed me Sir, I thought that is it, but you keep coming up with improvements with the guest book. I really learn a lot from it. Thanks.

Thanks @Star.
It's like I told you earlier. I do because I like to do. I really enjoyed doing this module. Currently I am working on an old design, the module Table Reservation. What I learn from it, I'll use for the module that you suggested. It requires a lot of date and time functions that drive me crazy.

Thanks again.

Here is that little update and at last, I think it's a final version.

guestbook2.1.zip

What I learn from it, I'll use for the module that you suggested. It requires a lot of date and time functions that drive me crazy.

Thanks again.

I long for the module that you are going to make. I want to see how you approach it. Thanks.

Hello here,

So i missed some post i see.
I am using the module hot price also.
Do you have a similar one?
Then i am going to try yours. if you feel to release.
Ehinarr. one question. are you quite good in building a theme?
Because i want to upgrade, but that give me to many sql errors.
I don't know how to fix so i am using version 1.1 again.
Someone here know if i can do fresh install and have my customers and setting intact?
How must i do this? because like i said. upgrading from 1.1 to 1.2 is not possible off the errors.

Greets.

I try to follow the discussion on the french forum, and the module looks nice!!
And just like Star said, your support and problem-shooting of your modules are awesome!! :)

Hello here,

So i missed some post i see.
I am using the module hot price also.
Do you have a similar one?
Then i am going to try yours. if you feel to release.
Ehinarr. one question. are you quite good in building a theme?
Because i want to upgrade, but that give me to many sql errors.
I don't know how to fix so i am using version 1.1 again.
Someone here know if i can do fresh install and have my customers and setting intact?
How must i do this? because like i said. upgrading from 1.1 to 1.2 is not possible off the errors.

Greets.

Sql errors does not is a theme problem. Try this:

Update PrestaShop

1. To save your translations, in your current Back Office >> Tools >> Translations, export each language using the built-in Export tool.
2. In your server database admin, back up your database.
3. Via FTP, in the PrestaShop folder on your hosting server (e.g., http://www.mysite.com/prestashop/), create a backup copy of your current PrestaShop folder by renaming it (e.g., http://www.mysite.com/prestashop_old/).
4. Download the latest version of the PrestaShop e-Commerce solution software.
5. Unzip the new PrestaShop ZIP archive anywhere on your hard drive.
6. Upload via FTP the new PrestaShop files located in the unzipped prestashop folder (and not the folder itself) to a new PrestaShop directory (e.g., http://www.mysite.com/prestashop/).
.....................................................................................................................................................
13. Copy the settings.inc.php file from the backup folder /config to the new build’s /config folder.
14. In a Web browser, launch the Installer by adding /install to your shop’s URL (e.g., http://www.mysite.com/prestashop/install).

Ehinarr,

I have a question.
Can you make me a module for ver.1.1 like eBay?
i want my costumers can place a bid on any product i sell.
when they view a product, they must be able to press place a bid button.
Any customers must be able to see the bid.

ill pay you for this.
if you can, i must be able to place a start bid.
When a customer place a bid that i accepted, he receives a mail with the invoice that he must payed. because he is the winner.
i hope you know what i mean. my English is bad!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi,
I have Prestashop 1.2.5, and this module guestbook is perfect for my site, but there are problems in the payment module, there is no window for the comment, I attach image know how to solve?
Thanks and sorry for my english, but is google translate!!

16851_RS6PJDKR6ppsbwllHzpn_t

Hi all,

and thanks for this module,

I downloaded 2.1 version, installed it, and I have this as visual aspect (can see it in the document joined),

Is that normal that I have the old version look ?

Thanks for your answer.

Are you sure you downloaded the newest version? Anyone else have this problem?

Hi,
I have Prestashop 1.2.5, and this module guestbook is perfect for my site, but there are problems in the payment module, there is no window for the comment, I attach image know how to solve?
Thanks and sorry for my english, but is google translate!!

When you click 'Firma il nostro Libro degli ospiti', what happens? I have not tested the module in this hook (home).

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Ehinarr

Firstly, thank you for another brilliant module!

I had been looking for this functionality and only found your module, today.

I picked up a small problem you might not have heard of.

If I am behind SSL and I try to view the Guestbook, in Firefox I get : "Warning: Contains Unauthenticated Content" and the padlock gets a red exclamation mark.

In guestbook.tpl I tried changing anything that had lines that contained "*_dir" to "*_dir_ssl" but nothing changed.

I know it's not very likely that people will try to view the guestbook while checking out or viewing their order statuses but it could happen.

I have scrolled through this thread to see if I could find an answer but found nothing

Anything you could suggest for me to try?

Thanks & regards
deepee

I picked up a similar issue with the twitterstate module
http://www.prestashop.com/forums/viewthread/37422/

But found this answer that solved the problem:
"I modified the base graphic a little and also modified the style sheet reference from {$base_dir} to {$base_dir_ssl} to get around SSL warning issues."

I have looked through your code to see if I could pick up something similar and I did a few trials.
I'm still very new to PHP so I can't see anything obvious.