Class "cache" not found

Hi guys

I'm working on a prestashop friend's installation. So I took it from Github, set setting.php  to my localhost but I have the following error :

Class 'Cache' not found in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/prestashop/classes/ObjectModel.php on line 1470

But I don't know how to fix it :/

Can you help me ?

Thanks

they had used the old PS v1.4 method of clearing cache, which was to delete everything in the smarty cache folder.

in PS v1.5 however, deleting everything in the cache folder is problematic, since it also deletes the required sub folder structure. 

simply do not delete everything from the cache...

they had used the old PS v1.4 method of clearing cache, which was to delete everything in the smarty cache folder.

in PS v1.5 however, deleting everything in the cache folder is problematic, since it also deletes the required sub folder structure. 

simply do not delete everything from the cache...

Which method of clearing the cache are you referring to? I know that if you delete cache manually, you should not clear the index cache and tmp image cache, in smarty I think. 

In PS v1.4, the smarty cache was stored in the tools/smarty/cache and tools/smarty/compile folders.  It was common place for people to "clear their cache" by deleting all the files in these 2 folders.

In PS v1.5, I am referring to the top level folder named 'cache', which stores a variety of cache files, including smarty. 

They have been numerous posts in the forum where people are deleting everything under the top level "cache" folder, which is incorrect, and directly causes the "class cache not found" error.

• Like 1