My Shop Doesn't Send Email When an Order was Placed

My Shop Version: PS 1.5.5

I just upgrated my shop from 1.5.2 to 1.5.5, everything is good except emailing.

When an order was placed, an email should be send to my mail box. It was working fine before the upgrading. However, there is no email is sent to my mail box when an order was placed. I have checked my setting and it was correct.

Any ideal? Thanks

I am having similar problems with 1.5.6. Before the upgrade from 1.4.9 everything worked ok and now it doesn't work anymore. I tried everything: repairing the mailalerts block, changing its settings, etc. At one point I got one new order message. The next new order was missed again....

My Shop Version: PS 1.5.5

I just upgrated my shop from 1.5.2 to 1.5.5, everything is good except emailing.

When an order was placed, an email should be send to my mail box. It was working fine before the upgrading. However, there is no email is sent to my mail box when an order was placed. I have checked my setting and it was correct.

Any ideal? Thanks

have you got mail alerts module ENABLED? installed?

try to reinstall it.

have you got possibility to check outgoin emails log?

I have the same problem. After upgrading shop from version 1.5.4 to 1.5.6.0 I do not receive notification e-mails from module Mail Alerts (v2.4), when new order is placed. I have tried reinstalling and reseting module, did not help.

It is not a problem of my hosting provider, as customers still receive e-mails with order confirmation and payment details. Also test e-mail from 'Advanced Parameters - E-Mail (PHP mail function)' reaches me without problem.

I have set _PS_MODE_DEV_ to 'true' - no error is generated, when I place order on my shop.

Any ideas how to make this module work again?

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same problem. After upgrading shop from version 1.5.4 to 1.5.6.0 I do not receive notification e-mails from module Mail Alerts (v2.4), when new order is placed. I have tried reinstalling and reseting module, did not help.

It is not a problem of my hosting provider, as customers still receive e-mails with order confirmation and payment details. Also test e-mail from 'Advanced Parameters - E-Mail (PHP mail function)' reaches me without problem.

I have set _PS_MODE_DEV_ to 'true' - no error is generated, when I place order on my shop.

Any ideas how to make this module work again?

Same problem. Have you found a solution yet?

Using version 1.5.5.0

Problem with my Mail Alerts module was fixed using solution by Benjamin:

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/280613-solved-upgraded-to-156-and-every-email-sent-malformed-recipient-address/?view=findpost&p=1412400

I replaced Mail.php in folder /classes with one provided in his post and now I receive notification emails about new orders from Mail Alerts module.

So it appears problem was not in Mail Alerts module after all :unsure: ...

Many thanks Benjamin for the solution!

Hey guys, make sure to have a backup (How to Manually Back Up your PrestaShop Database and Files)

Then, replace your classes/mail.php with this file attached 

Here is the concerning github fix for reference https://github.com/P...52506057350a021

I already went and uploaded the file in this post so just backup and replace your mail.php and let me know how it works.

Thanks!

Attached Files
  • php.gif  mail.php   16.57KB   219 downloads

Before this I tried:

1) Uninstall the module from BO and delete its folder from server, then install new version (v2.5) from this post: http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/280410-prestashop-156-problem-mail-alerts/?view=findpost&p=1423405 - did not help.

2) Checked if my language folder is present in mailalerts/mails. After installing version 2.5 it was not present, but restoring language folder from backup did not help either.

hello

today i've noticed that mail alerts doesnt work well when translations arent defined for this addon. Make sure that you've got translations

Hi,

I checked, but I have my translations. 

Problem with my Mail Alerts module was fixed using solution by Benjamin:

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/280613-solved-upgraded-to-156-and-every-email-sent-malformed-recipient-address/?view=findpost&p=1412400

I replaced Mail.php in folder /classes with one provided in his post and now I receive notification emails about new orders from Mail Alerts module.

So it appears problem was not in Mail Alerts module after all :unsure: ...

Many thanks Benjamin for the solution!

Before this I tried:

1) Uninstall the module from BO and delete its folder from server, then install new version (v2.5) from this post: http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/280410-prestashop-156-problem-mail-alerts/?view=findpost&p=1423405 - did not help.

2) Checked if my language folder is present in mailalerts/mails. After installing version 2.5 it was not present, but restoring language folder from backup did not help either.

Unfortunately, this didnt solve it for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Similar issue with 1.5.6.

PHP mail test does not work, getting the following error

Error: Please check your configuration
Sending failed using mail() as PHP's default mail() function returned boolean FALSE.

And no email is sent after an order is placed neither to admins nor customer.

Hi Vekia

SMTP will eventually work when I transfer the DNS to the new host but until I'm done building up the new site I can't transfer it.

mail() works, my host confirmed that (Bluehost).

However they require a properly formatted "From" in the email header and it might be the issue as I don't think PS has the proper format. Besides editing code is there a place in Admin to edit this field? If not it is something that should be fixed in future updates IMO - as an admin I suppose you report this kind of issue to the developers?

Although I don't like editing code as it creates issues at every update, if it can't be edited in Admin, what file should be edited?

My other option is editing php.ini which is probably what I'll do first.

Thank you

• 4 months later...
  • 3 years later...

Hello

Thank you for your support.

I changed many thing about web interface in present version.

Could you tell me how can i upgrade to V1.7 that not change my interface ? ( still keep web interface of present version)

Could you please give me your email, or your facebook ?

I don't suggest you upgrade to PS 1.7. It is a transitional version for next version, full of bugs and not running on each server.

You can make manual upgrade to PS 1.5.

Here you will find a tutorial I wrote with my first nic here in the forum.

https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/251288-manual-upgrade-guide-ps-12-ps-13-ps-14-upgrade-only-database/

Good Luck !

The solution is ONLY FOR NATIVE PRESTASHOP VERSIONS, if you are using own theme, not native modules and several code adaptations not well done, it could be fail !! Therefore I suggest, before you upgrade deinstall all what is not native, so not Prestashop developed.