[SOLVED] Add quantity box to product listing

Hi, i would be gratefull for some help if anyone has done this before.

I want to add a quantity box to the product listing pages (similar to on the full view product page.

I have copied the following code from product.tpl to product-list.tpl, and have managed to get the quantity box to show up, but no matter what value i put in the quantity box, when i add to cart, it only add one item.

In product-list.tpl i have added the following:

<!-- add to cart form-->
       <form id="buy_block" action="{$base_dir}cart.php" method="post">

<!-- quantity wanted -->

quantity == 0) || $virtual} style="display:none;"{/if}>
{l s='Quantity :'}
               <input type="text" name="qty" id="quantity_wanted" class="text" value="{if isset($quantityBackup)}{$quantityBackup|intval}{else}1{/if}" size="2" maxlength="3" />

</form>

and then edited the follwing:

{l s='Add to cart'}

If anyone has any idea how to do this i would really appreciate it. Im sure it cant be that difficult.

• 2 weeks later...

A way to do this, with 2 modifications.

This works only when Ajax is activated in BlockCart module configuration.

In the theme directory, file product-list.tpl, replace :

{if ($product.allow_oosp OR $product.quantity > 0) && $product.customizable != 2}
{l s='Add to cart'}
{else}

BY (2 lines inserted)

{if ($product.allow_oosp OR $product.quantity > 0) && $product.customizable != 2}
   <input type="text" name="ajax_qty_to_add_to_cart[{$product.id_product|intval}]" id="quantity_wanted_{$product.id_product|intval}" class="text" value="{if isset($quantityBackup)}{$quantityBackup|intval}{else}1{/if}" size="2" maxlength="3" />
{l s='Add to cart'}
{else}

In the module blockcart, file ajax-cart.js, in the first block " for every 'add' buttons.", replace :

ajaxCart.add(idProduct, null, false, this);

BY

ajaxCart.add(idProduct, null, false, this, $('#quantity_wanted_'+idProduct));

• Like 1

Thanks ningu. It works great.

At the first time I can't get it to work but i made a change in your code.

Where you put:

I changed:
ajaxCart.add(idProduct, null, false, this, $('#quantity_wanted_'+idProduct).val());

Thanks a lot

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

modul theme ?

erorf.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

{l s='Add to cart'}
{else} 

reaple

<input type="text" name="ajax_qty_to_add_to_cart[{$product.id_product|intval}]" id="quantity_wanted_{$product.id_product|intval}" class="text" value="{if isset($quantityBackup)}{$quantityBackup|intval}{else}1{/if}" size="2" maxlength="3" />
{l s='Add to cart'}
{else}

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
in the module blockcart, file ajax-cart.js

reaple

esoes :) help me pls

• 1 month later...

change product-list.tp according to the previous reply and

Replace with

ajaxCart.add(idProduct, null, false, this, $('#quantity_wanted_'+idProduct).val()); 

It is working

• 4 weeks later...

I've add a field in database with granularity quanitity:
exemple

DVD-R Verbatim in spindle 25pk. I've the price for single DVDs, 0.20€ but the customers need to add block of 25pz. The granularity is 25

I want that if the user does not put 25pz or multiple (50,27,100,125 etc.) comes out an alert with an error message.

how do I do?

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Replace with

It is working

Do this again.

• 1 month later...

Aloha. it's very simple but very usable...except one thing - in the box i writing for example 10 pcs, clicking add to cart and ajax adding only1 pcs. What the hell??? Installed and checked already 20 times and i need you help wisemen ! I'm using prestashop 1.3.1.

Aloha. it's very simple but very usable...except one thing - in the box i writing for example 10 pcs, clicking add to cart and ajax adding only1 pcs. What the hell??? Installed and checked already 20 times and i need you help wisemen ! I'm using prestashop 1.3.1.

after this reply, my damn cart now working pretty well...something mistic, but cart working...yessssss

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

mmm... I am sorry to tell that in Firefox doesnt work. i was debugging a bit and when you type the quantity and click add cart, the default value of 1 doesnt change and always 1 item is added... plus the disable function doesnt work either...

someone found a fix for this?

thanks!
jose

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This is a great functionality to add to the store, however, if products have different combinations/attributes, this will not work to include those instances. On products with just one size/type/color/etc., sure, but anything else is lost :(

It loads all the attribute info using JavaScript, it shouldn't affect load speed that much, especially if you don't have a few hundred combinatons per product.

I've had. Few customers buy it, and have not received any responses about slowdown related to the module.

• 4 weeks later...
mmm... I am sorry to tell that in Firefox doesnt work. i was debugging a bit and when you type the quantity and click add cart, the default value of 1 doesnt change and always 1 item is added... plus the disable function doesnt work either...

someone found a fix for this?

thanks!
jose

Will you give me the codes? Pls..

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It does work as I did this mod to my store at www.dieselsurplusstore.com and my once zipping along site is like molasses..

This is just a quantity box.. why is it slowing it down so much? Was fine before this change..

Also to see it in the cart sometimes I have to refresh.. any suggestions?

• 2 weeks later...

THIS SITE WAS ONCE REALLY FAST AT GETTING RESPONSES.. NOW NEW VERSION WITH MAJOR ISSUES AND NO HELP.
Can I get some help pretty please? I have several sites now on the new versions.. I know your working hard on Prestashop 2 but in the interim.. please guys.. help out the little people who have been loyal all along.

The problem with this fix is that it will work if you do something to trigger the page to refresh.. otherwise you can enter the quantity and click add to cart and it does not.. but then hit checkout and it works. Why is the add to cart button not triggering the addition of the entered quantity to the cart?

I need help to figure this out please.

Thanks.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi All

First of all thanks to ningu for your code biggrin.gif

I have add small peace of code to run above code in both condition ajaxcart is activate or deactivated

(jquery code in product-listing.tpl file)

Here is complete code below some time editor parse code so for convinece I have attached text file having complete code

in theme->prodcut-list.tpl

Replace

{l s='Add to cart'}
{else}

with the following code

{l s='Add to cart'}
{else}

In the module->blockcart->ajax-cart.js

Replace with

In theme->product-list.tpl add following lin at the top of page

{literal}
<script type="text/javascript">
$(document).ready(function(){
 $(".ajax_add_to_cart_button").click(function(){
var f=$(this).attr('href');
var id = f.split('&')[1].split('=')[1];
var p="#quantity_wanted_"+id;
var qty=$(p).attr('value');
g=f+"&qty="+qty;
window.location=''+g;
return false;
 });
});
</script>
{/literal}

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, My problem is that when I buy at checkout I get this error Fatal error (OrderHistory -> id_order_state is empty) my version is 1.4.4 and see if you can help me that do not know if the problem is the product-list.tpl or ajax-carts.tpl. thanks. thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

I did not get sucess :(...please help, have amended the below changes in Product-list.tpl

Before

{if ($product.allow_oosp || $product.quantity > 0)} <a class="button ajax_add_to_cart_button exclusive" rel="ajax_id_product_{$product.id_product|intval}" href="{$link->getPageLink('cart.php')}?add&id_product={$product.id_product|intval}{if isset($static_token)}&token={$static_token}{/if}" title="{l s='Add to cart'}">{l s='Add to cart'}</a>
{else}

As suggested I changed with below

{if ($product.allow_oosp OR $product.quantity > 0) && $product.customizable != 2}  {l s='Quantity :'}
   {l s='Add to cart'}
 {else}

With the above change i got quantity box in my product list but it disable the Add to Cart button and without that Quantity button is of no use.please find the attached screenshot

Please help me to resolve the issue.

post-289968-0-56079900-1318823744_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

i have added your code and quantity box is working properly on product-list.tpl but on order page if some updates the quantity or delete the product ...it will cause problem and not updates the total amount of order... for reference please check the snapshot attached...

and if anyone has solution to it Please help.

Thanks

post-252331-0-97319000-1340751308_thumb.gif

Edited by faDdy (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...

i have added your code and quantity box is working properly on product-list.tpl but on order page if some updates the quantity or delete the product ...it will cause problem and not updates the total amount of order... for reference please check the snapshot attached...

and if anyone has solution to it Please help.

Thanks

Hi faDdy,

I have applied solution #3, it works perfectly on products list.

I have double checked the shopping cart summary, and the + - buttons are working as well, correctly updating the total amount.

Which Presta version are you running?

As I said, it's correctly working for me on ajax mode, Prestashop 1.4.8.2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Hi All First of all thanks to ningu for your code biggrin.gif I have add small peace of code to run above code in both condition ajaxcart is activate or deactivated (jquery code in product-listing.tpl file) Here is complete code below some time editor parse code so for convinece I have attached text file having complete code in theme->prodcut-list.tpl Replace
 {if ($product.allow_oosp OR $product.quantity > 0) && $product.customizable != 2} {l s='Add to cart'} {else} 

with the following code

{if ($product.allow_oosp OR $product.quantity > 0) && $product.customizable != 2} {l s='Quantity :'}  {l s='Add to cart'} {else}

Replace with

{literal} {/literal}

In version 1.4.8 the product-list.tpl code should be changed from

{if ($product.allow_oosp || $product.quantity > 0)}
<a class="button ajax_add_to_cart_button exclusive" rel="ajax_id_product_{$product.id_product|intval}" href="{$link->getPageLink('cart.php')}?add&id_product={$product.id_product|intval}{if isset($static_token)}&token={$static_token}{/if}" title="{l s='Add to cart'}">{l s='Add to cart'}</a>

to

{if ($product.allow_oosp || $product.quantity > 0)}

<a class="button ajax_add_to_cart_button exclusive" rel="ajax_id_product_{$product.id_product|intval}" href="{$link->getPageLink('cart.php')}?add&id_product={$product.id_product|intval}{if isset($static_token)}&token={$static_token}{/if}" title="{l s='Add to cart'}">{l s='Add to cart'}</a>

• 4 weeks later...

1) Copy

modules\blockcart\ajax-cart.js

in

\themes\yourtheme\js\modules\blockcart\ajax-cart.js

2) in theme->product-list.tpl :

Put after {if ($product.allow_oosp || $product.quantity > 0)}

3) In the \themes\yourtheme\js\modules\blockcart\ajax-cart.js :

Replace with

4) In theme->product-list.tpl add following lin at the top of page :

{literal}

g=f+"&qty="+qty;

window.location=''+g;

return false;

});

});

</script>

{/literal}

Enjoy...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I read this topic but now it's seems working... I don't know why... But sometime when I submit a custom quantity it's the default value (1) that being  sent

can you share url to your website? i will inspect it, maybe i will find where the problem is

• 2 months later...

Hi Vekia,

I followed your guide and I have the same issue as Promod (only adding 1 unit to cart).

The link to my website is:

http://www.linkportnet.com/Prestashop/index.php?id_category=5&controller=category 

I have tried for some days your instructions but with no success.

Can you please check?

Thanks.

you havent got ajax cart feature turned on, this is why it doesn't work

Hi Vekia,

Thanks for the help. However, I see that my ajax cart feature is on. Strange. 

Here is my question: Which blockcart module is being activated? I mean, I see the folder "blockcart" in /modules or /themes/default or /themes/mytheme/modules

I will replace the original "blockcart" folder with the one you tell me.

Sorry for the noob question.

Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

Replace with

It is working

I tried this on PS 1.5.6.2 and it works also here. Well gone gays.  Of course thus works just with previous post. 

• 4 weeks later...

Sory! This is joke!!!

Hi All
First of all thanks to ningu for your code biggrin.gif

I have add small peace of code to run above code in both condition ajaxcart is activate or deactivated
(jquery code in product-listing.tpl file)

Here is complete code below some time editor parse code so for convinece I have attached text file having complete code

in theme->prodcut-list.tpl
Replace

{l s='Add to cart'}
{else}
with the following code

{l s='Add to cart'}
{else}

Replace with

{literal}
g=f+"&qty="+qty;
window.location=''+g;
return false;
  });
});
</script>
{/literal}

• 2 weeks later...

I did the changes from your site Vekia and the cart button is not working. When add to cart, nothing happens, after page refresh, the products do appear in the cart (ajax enabled). Cleared cache, shop cache ...

PrestaShop™ 1.5.6.0

I did the changes from your site Vekia and the cart button is not working. When add to cart, nothing happens, after page refresh, the products do appear in the cart (ajax enabled). Cleared cache, shop cache ...

PrestaShop™ 1.5.6.0

it just mean that you probably did something wrong

please share url to your website where you use this modification - i will inspect it for potential breakpoints 

Hi everybody! I am creating a shop (PS 1.6) in localhost and I've tried to do everything you said but does not work me. I fear that your code does not work for version 1.6, someone tested it?

I need edit the producth list:

• resize the row height to 200px 
  • add the quantity box with -/+ in product-lisitng of categories. Somethin like this:

product_list.png

• 2 weeks later...

any chance to see it live somewhere?

guide is based on 1.5 - i never tested this guide in 1.6 release,

so it's great time to do it :)

apparently, it's not working on 1.6  :(

and i hope it can be done like how it's presented in product page, just a "+" & "-" button to add and reduce quantity :)

• 3 weeks later...

i think that i will release new guide with [+] and [-] buttons too, especially for prestashop v1.6 :) when? this weekend

wow! that would be really really great! :lol:  update us here please! :lol:

thank you soooo much! :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

{if ($product.allow_oosp OR $product.quantity > 0) && $product.customizable != 2}    <a class="button ajax_add_to_cart_button exclusive" rel="ajax_id_product_{$product.id_product|intval}" href="{$base_dir}cart.php?add&id;_product={$product.id_product|intval}&token;={$static_token}">{l s='Add to cart'}</a>{else}
BY (2 lines inserted)

{if ($product.allow_oosp OR $product.quantity > 0) && $product.customizable != 2}    <label>{l s='Quantity :'}</label>    <input type="text" name="ajax_qty_to_add_to_cart[{$product.id_product|intval}]" id="quantity_wanted_{$product.id_product|intval}" class="text" value="{if isset($quantityBackup)}{$quantityBackup|intval}{else}1{/if}" size="2" maxlength="3" />    <a class="button ajax_add_to_cart_button exclusive" rel="ajax_id_product_{$product.id_product|intval}" href="{$base_dir}cart.php?add&id;_product={$product.id_product|intval}&token;={$static_token}">{l s='Add to cart'}</a>{else}

In the module blockcart, file ajax-cart.js, in the first block " for every 'add' buttons.", replace :

BY

does it work for prestashop1.6 too ???

{if ($product.allow_oosp OR $product.quantity > 0) && $product.customizable != 2}    <a class="button ajax_add_to_cart_button exclusive" rel="ajax_id_product_{$product.id_product|intval}" href="{$base_dir}cart.php?add&id;_product={$product.id_product|intval}&token;={$static_token}">{l s='Add to cart'}</a>{else}
BY (2 lines inserted)

{if ($product.allow_oosp OR $product.quantity > 0) && $product.customizable != 2}    <label>{l s='Quantity :'}</label>    <input type="text" name="ajax_qty_to_add_to_cart[{$product.id_product|intval}]" id="quantity_wanted_{$product.id_product|intval}" class="text" value="{if isset($quantityBackup)}{$quantityBackup|intval}{else}1{/if}" size="2" maxlength="3" />    <a class="button ajax_add_to_cart_button exclusive" rel="ajax_id_product_{$product.id_product|intval}" href="{$base_dir}cart.php?add&id;_product={$product.id_product|intval}&token;={$static_token}">{l s='Add to cart'}</a>{else}

BY

does it work for prestashop1.6 too ???

Yes it does, try it out.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

modul theme ?

erorf.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

reaple

reaple

esoes :) help me pls

hi. i tried to do this but not working i am using Shoppy Store...  can you help. how to do this work to Shoppy Store

themes/_YOUR_THEME_/product-list.tpl round line 155 inside .button-container

<p class="quantity_wanted_p">
 <input type="text" readonly name="quantity_to_cart_{$product.id_product|intval}" id="quantity_to_cart_{$product.id_product|intval}" class="text" value="{if isset($product.product_attribute_minimal_quantity) && $product.product_attribute_minimal_quantity >= 1}{$product.product_attribute_minimal_quantity|intval}{else}{$product.minimal_quantity|intval}{/if}" data-minimal_quantity="{if isset($product.product_attribute_minimal_quantity) && $product.product_attribute_minimal_quantity >= 1}{$product.product_attribute_minimal_quantity|intval}{else}{$product.minimal_quantity|intval}{/if}" />
 <a href="#" data-field-qty="quantity_to_cart_{$product.id_product|intval}" class="btn btn-default button-minus product_quantity_down">
  <span><i class="icon-minus"></i></span>
 </a>
 <a href="#" data-field-qty="quantity_to_cart_{$product.id_product|intval}" class="btn btn-default button-plus product_quantity_up">
  <span><i class="icon-plus"></i></span>
 </a>
 <span class="clearfix"></span>
</p>

themes/_YOUR_THEME_/js/global.js round line 26 after var responsiveflag = false;

// The button to increment the product value
$(document).on('click', '.product_list .product_quantity_up', function(e){
	e.preventDefault();
	fieldName = $(this).data('field-qty');
	var currentVal = parseInt($('input[name='+fieldName+']').val());
	var minimalVal = parseInt($('input[name='+fieldName+']').attr("data-minimal_quantity"));

if (!isNaN(currentVal) && currentVal < minimalVal) {
		$('input[name='+fieldName+']').val(minimalVal);
        $(this).parent().parent().find(".ajax_add_to_cart_button").attr("data-minimal_quantity",minimalVal);
    }
	else {
		$('input[name='+fieldName+']').val(currentVal + 1).trigger('keyup');
        $(this).parent().parent().find(".ajax_add_to_cart_button").attr("data-minimal_quantity",currentVal + 1);
    }

$('#'+fieldName).change();

});
 // The button to decrement the product value
$(document).on('click', '.product_list .product_quantity_down', function(e){
	e.preventDefault();
	fieldName = $(this).data('field-qty');
	var currentVal = parseInt($('input[name='+fieldName+']').val());
    var minimalVal = parseInt($('input[name='+fieldName+']').attr("data-minimal_quantity"));

if (!isNaN(currentVal) && currentVal > minimalVal){
		$('input[name='+fieldName+']').val(currentVal - 1).trigger('keyup');
        $(this).parent().parent().find(".ajax_add_to_cart_button").attr("data-minimal_quantity",currentVal - 1);
    }
	else {
		$('input[name='+fieldName+']').val(minimalVal);
        $(this).parent().parent().find(".ajax_add_to_cart_button").attr("data-minimal_quantity",minimalVal);
    }

$('#'+fieldName).change();

});

themes/_YOUR_THEME_/js/modules/blockcart/ajax-cart.js line 135 replace this

var minimalQuantity =  parseInt($(this).data('minimal_quantity'));

with this

var minimalQuantity =  parseInt($(this).attr('data-minimal_quantity'));

Result : quantity_product_list.jpg

Edited by -iD- (see edit history)