Filter by Category in Admin Tab not working

In the Prestashop Admin are when I display the Catalog > Products you have an option to Filter by Category..

When I select this it expands but only displays the Home category, and a circle time icon display but no other categories display, the icon just keeps rotating.

Can any suggest what is wrong here and how I can fix this annoyance.

I've attached a screen image.

post-426977-0-91483500-1375260962_thumb.jpg

Using PrestaShop version: 1.5.4.1

Hi all

It was a fairly new install about 2 months ago, The only add ons were from our theme which is just front office.

We had a lot of problems with the host and just moved the site, but this problem was also showing on the old host.

I activated Store Commander a few days ago (uninstalled it as well) but that was after this problem as well.

==

No wait the Theme does include a backoffice Theme manager "Cs Theme Editor" this is for managing the CSS of the theme mostly. The Theme Developed by :Codespot| Version :1 |

Description : Add block theme editor.

Edited by crismith (see edit history)

and if you turn off this addon "Cs Theme Editor" the problem still occur?

Can you try?

I asked about external module, because I developed many addons, for back office too, and problem like you've got occur when module include some junk to the header of the back office. I suppose that Cs theme editor do the same

but of course im not sure at all

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi

I have Presta  1.5.6, dont work Tabs on Detail product and Filter by Category. I try change admin language. I try change borwser

(Chrome,IE).  For others employees is admin Ok.

Log from Chrome (Ctrl+shift+J)

----------------------filter by category---------------------

Uncaught ReferenceError: $ is not defined gamification.js:1
Uncaught ReferenceError: $ is not defined admin.js:331
Uncaught ReferenceError: $ is not defined tools.js:336
Uncaught ReferenceError: $ is not defined toolbar.js:1
Uncaught ReferenceError: $ is not defined notifications.js:1
Uncaught ReferenceError: $ is not defined helpAccess.js:1
Uncaught ReferenceError: jQuery is not defined jquery.treeview-categories.js:259
Uncaught ReferenceError: jQuery is not defined jquery.treeview-categories.async.js:85
Uncaught ReferenceError: jQuery is not defined jquery.treeview-categories.edit.js:37
Uncaught ReferenceError: $ is not defined index.php:305
Uncaught ReferenceError: $ is not defined index.php:314
Uncaught ReferenceError: $ is not defined index.php:355
Uncaught ReferenceError: $ is not defined index.php:446
Uncaught ReferenceError: $ is not defined index.php:487

--------------------------------tab detial product----------------------------

Uncaught ReferenceError: $ is not defined gamification.js:1
Uncaught ReferenceError: $ is not defined admin.js:331
Uncaught ReferenceError: $ is not defined tools.js:336
Uncaught ReferenceError: $ is not defined toolbar.js:1
Uncaught ReferenceError: $ is not defined notifications.js:1
Uncaught ReferenceError: $ is not defined helpAccess.js:1
Uncaught ReferenceError: $ is not defined admin-products.js:1630
Uncaught ReferenceError: $ is not defined attributesBack.js:208
Uncaught ReferenceError: $ is not defined admin-dnd.js:26
Uncaught ReferenceError: jQuery is not defined jquery.treeview-categories.js:259
Uncaught ReferenceError: jQuery is not defined jquery.treeview-categories.async.js:85
Uncaught ReferenceError: jQuery is not defined jquery.treeview-categories.edit.js:37
Uncaught ReferenceError: jQuery is not defined jquery.ui.progressbar.min.js:4
Uncaught ReferenceError: jQuery is not defined jquery-ui-timepicker-addon.js:1325
Uncaught ReferenceError: $ is not defined index.php?controller=AdminProducts&id_product=1&updateproduct&token=f5357b1702553fc66964a14b08fa9acb:374
Uncaught ReferenceError: $ is not defined index.php?controller=AdminProducts&id_product=1&updateproduct&token=f5357b1702553fc66964a14b08fa9acb:538
Uncaught ReferenceError: $ is not defined index.php?controller=AdminProducts&id_product=1&updateproduct&token=f5357b1702553fc66964a14b08fa9acb:1172
Uncaught ReferenceError: $ is not defined admin.js:203

Edited by Michal N. SEO (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Since the setup of my webshop in vesion 1.5.5 (and later upgrading to 1.5.6) I experience some problems with search and filter functions in the BackOffice.

For most options these funtions work and you can easy lookup i.e. product by typing in a part of the product name for example.

The main issue concerns the customers and orders. There is no way to make a search here as the result is always: "no results found".

I have attached examples including the console window of Chrome.

Any suggestions where to look at?

Many thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Marcel

post-504880-0-56079100-1390328612_thumb.png

post-504880-0-03159700-1390328617_thumb.png

post-504880-0-23471000-1390328621_thumb.png

• 4 months later...

I had the same problem.

In my case there is no "Root" category in database(in ps_category table).I just added a "Root" category and set its parent category id as 0 and set "Root" category as parent category to "Home" category and my problem was solved.

:)

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi Guys,

just in case if someone still have this problem:

Filter by category not working only if you used default filter/search, just click Catalog > Products to refresh and it will work.

Explanation why it happens:

After default filter/search used, #product added to the URL and then when you try to filter by category javascript adds your &id_category=100 AFTER #product which is the culprit why page is not refreshed with your selected category.

example: http://domain.com/backend/index.php?controller=AdminProducts&token=000000000000000000#product&id_category=100

Edited by maxshock07 (see edit history)

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...