Where is the affiliate program in the New version?

Thank you so much

But I dont understand when you create a customer affiliate , what is teh affikiate URL , it doenst show anything they can use , like banners , or links?

Can you let me know how can I do it? and is there like a form where affiliate can register them self rather me add them from the back office?

thank you

I have found it in the new version , I dont understand the request UI and URl how they work? and how they track?

and the explaniation is in frensh and still when i try to follow it , its didnt track the affiliate that I have added?

can some one post the help in here in English

thanks

by the way I tried that and it didnt work at all?

when they said affiliate =newsletter

well each affiliate has its own id , what i want to di is to track by URL , so if some one go to store.com/index.php?aff=1 , then it will tarck for teh affiliate id =1 , and so on?

how can I set it up in the back office page??

I'm using 1.2.0.8, which is currently the final version. My installation is an upgrade from the 1.1.x stable release, and my best guess is that because of that, or because I messed something up while configuring everything, or because I'm using English as my default language, the tab disappeared.

For those in the same boat, you can easily add/reload the Affiliates tab anywhere you want by doing this:
1. Go to Tools > Tabs > Add New.
2. Set Name to "Affiliates" or any other title you would like to use.
3. Set Class to AdminReferrers.
4. Save, and go visit your new tab.

My next step (now that I have access to the affiliate system) is to figure out how it works. I'll post back what I learn.

Yes I already know that Part ,

check the image I have attached , you can see I have created a new affilaite I called "test" now how can I track and give that affiliate what I call affiliate links?

that is what i showed in the last image for teh referre Uri I dont know what to do in here to make it work???

10072_9FLUEkWNvOggt1qpLH0F_t

When adding a new affiliate, the help section (collapsed by default) does a pretty good job of explaining the setup. But I'll do the highlights again:
1. To track store.com/index.php?aff=1, go to Request Uri > Include and add (percent symbol)aff=1.
2. To track links coming from an affiliate website, go to HTTP referrer > Include and add (percent symbol)affiliate_website.com(percent symbol)
(The forum is messing up my percent symbol (%) above, so I had to use words.)

While this provides a huge amount of flexibility, it also means affiliates must be set up manually. There is also no way to present them with marketing collateral (banners, links, etc.). And since it only seems to be looking at referrer logs, it would seem likely that if a purchase is made at some time after the initial visit (say, the next day) it would not be credited to the affiliate. So the current system does have its uses for certain stores, but does not provide the self-service features most users will be looking for. Perhaps in a future version.

In the meantime, here are some possible alternatives:
http://www.affiliatesforall.org/
http://www.qualityunit.com/postaffiliate/

I haven't used either, so if you have I'd love to hear your experiences.

but I probably can make a code like a sign up form for teh affiliate , and get it generate them after I approve them in the admin ? That will help me . I didn't use any of the 2 links u have mentioned?

i want to try to modify what prestashop did and we can go from there:)

thanks

It worked for me in tests, but I haven't implemented a live solution yet. I'm guessing it's dependent on having certain stats modules installed, especially "Visitors origin".

@good_man If you'd like me to take a look (not sure how much help I'll be), PM me your login info.

• 2 weeks later...

Just about to launch now with affiliatesforall (afa) as the affiliate tracker. It has an automated affiliate sign up screen with it. It also generates the URLs and allows you to add the banners for affiliates to download. So it's looking like a complete solution. I've managed to integrate it into the presta payment process as well. It actually happens on status updates but making the calls to afa seems to be working well.

As it stands it creates a commission when a payment is accepted in afa and then credits the commission to be paid when the order is marked shipped. An interesting learning process but it has made me warm to Presta over other carts I've loosely dabbled with.

Do you mind to share your codes with us on how to integrate the Prestashop payment with AFA? I have been working on it and it is not working…. Thanks in advance.

So the totally honest response is I'm chewing over what to do with it at the moment. So I probably should have kept quiet until I had finished contemplating it. However, just got it working so was a bit overexcited when I posted. I'd need to put some time into understanding how other people have gone about releasing modules in the presta community. I'll update soon.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have this working, but it's only tracking if the first page the visitor is sent to is http://mysite.com/index.php?affiliateID

The problem is that it does not seem to track correctly if I link directly to a product page (like http://mysite.com/music-ipods/2-ipod-shuffle.html?affiliateID).

The help sections seems to suggest this is possible.

Any suggestions from those who have this working? Prestashop team?

I'm excited about this but I definitely need to ability to have my affiliates promote specific products and send customers directly to those pages.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

It seemed to work ok for me when I used the HTTP referrer > Include. And then captured everything using the (percent symbols)

(percentsymbol)afiliatesite.com(percentsymbol)

This would capture all of the visits from that URL and tracked them in the front module.

But when I went to even try to work out the Request URi thing.... no luck whatsoever!!!

Ive tried all sorts of combination's and had no luck. I am using V1.2.5

Its a bit of a pain as I have some code in place now to show the referrers banner which works well, but because my request URi field is not working I cannot show the affiliates banner and effectively track them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I had to open the links from a different browser, and after that it only took a few minutes to show up. (Which probably means that there is actually session/cookie tracking.)

It sounds like Prestashop uses cookies to track visitors. I wonder if the cookie is also used to build up the Referrer stats and is there a way to set the cookie time to for example 14 days?

I'm using the Stats-Referrer module in Prestashop 1.3.6. to capture traffic from referrer sites (affiliates of my webshop). The tricky thing is that I need to ensure that purchases of visitors origining from a referrer site will be captured by Prestashop 14 days after the visitor initially came into my shop and that theses sales will be credited to the relevant referrer.

Is there any way to realize this?

Thanks for any advice on this!

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Are you able to track any traffic at all using this module?

It sounds like Prestashop uses cookies to track visitors. I wonder if the cookie is also used to build up the Referrer stats and is there a way to set the cookie time to for example 14 days?

I'm using the Stats-Referrer module in Prestashop 1.3.6. to capture traffic from referrer sites (affiliates of my webshop). The tricky thing is that I need to ensure that purchases of visitors origining from a referrer site will be captured by Prestashop 14 days after the visitor initially came into my shop and that theses sales will be credited to the relevant referrer.

Is there any way to realize this?

Thanks for any advice on this!

• 1 month later...

I have this working, but it's only tracking if the first page the visitor is sent to is http://mysite.com/in...php?affiliateID

The problem is that it does not seem to track correctly if I link directly to a product page (like http://mysite.com/mu...tml?affiliateID).

The help sections seems to suggest this is possible.

Any suggestions from those who have this working? Prestashop team?

I'm excited about this but I definitely need to ability to have my affiliates promote specific products and send customers directly to those pages.

WHERE IS PRESTASHOP SUPPORT??

How can this be done...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I have got it to work! Finally.

here is an example that i am using google

put in %google%.

refresh the cache and also the index. you will be able to see all the visits!!!

But there is one issue that i am facing now.

I had done a test of purchasing an item.

Once I have mark the order as payment received. All the website I have stated, has captured the sales!!!

I only want to allow the 1st website that my customer used to purchase my item to affiliate. not every website that my customer has went to become!!!

you will notice this, when you put in all the URL that you guys have been using!!!

Now I am sourcing for another module or hope the admin can get this resolved.

Also do have a lifetime cookie too...