1.5.3.1 - "impossible to add the product to the cart" (after paypal module update)

Hi,

I'm using PS 1.5.3.1 and until this afternoon I was using paypal module 3.4.7.

However after a paypal module update to 3.4.8 version I got this error every time that I want to click on the "add" button on any product.

Impossible to add the product to the cart.

textStatus: 'error'

errorThrown: ''

responseText:

carro_paypal_error.jpg

If I disable paypal module, then everything works fine... so I tried to uninsta and reinstall paypal module but it doesn't work!

I tried the process twice and it doesn't fix the problem....

Now we are working without Paypal... however we need that module working fine!

Please help!!!! :(

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

Though it is a partial solution, our shops can use PayPal.

The Ajax function is nice to see but there may be a problem between PayPal and Ajax in Cart.

Thanks Antakarana, it helps and my shop is functionnal, at least...

BR

Hi traifaud,

I agree... however I've not found any solution. I've opened a similar thret in the spanish forum cause there are several users with exactly the same problem. If we find a solution I will post it here...

regards

• Like 1

Thank you Antakarana.

I saw a bug report in the bugtracker as well.

Hope it will be fixed.

Do you mean you did not have this problem with the former version of PayPal (i.e. 3.4.7)?

Thanks and BR

Hi traifraud,

Exactly, that's what I mean... after the update everything was fine, after the update it didn't work...

In the spanish forum people with the same bug, has load a 3.4.7 paypal module and they fix the problem. My conclusion is that paypal module 3.4.8 and shopping cart module 1.2 (with ajax active) aren't compatible...

• So if you want paypal + ajax cart then downgrade paypal module to 3.4.7 version.... and everything will work again.
  • If ajax doesn't matter to you, then just deactivate ajax at the cart module... no matter your paypal module version.

I can confirm this issue. Running PrestaShop 1.5.3. Everything worked great with the PayPal 3.4.7 module, as soon as I upgraded to the PayPal 3.4.8 module I get the same error when trying to add a product to the cart. For now I have disabled the PayPal module.

1. Can you point me to the bug that has been opened for this so I can follow it?

2. Where can I get the 3.4.7 module so I can re-enable PayPal until this is fixed?

One other weird thing to note is with the 3.4.8 module it adds a PayPal button to all the product pages, but it only does this in Internet Explorer 10 (don't know about earlier versions). It does not do this in Chrome.

GprNewn.png

I can confirm this issue. Running PrestaShop 1.5.3. Everything worked great with the PayPal 3.4.7 module, as soon as I upgraded to the PayPal 3.4.8 module I get the same error when trying to add a product to the cart. For now I have disabled the PayPal module.

1. Can you point me to the bug that has been opened for this so I can follow it?

2. Where can I get the 3.4.7 module so I can re-enable PayPal until this is fixed?

One other weird thing to note is with the 3.4.8 module it adds a PayPal button to all the product pages, but it only does this in Internet Explorer 10 (don't know about earlier versions). It does not do this in Chrome.

GprNewn.png

Hi,

I already have that button in earlier paypal module versions.... :ph34r:

Hi everyone,

You can follow the bug on the forge following this link :

http://forge.prestashop.com/browse/PSCFV-8701

As well, you may get the former version (3.4.7) of PayPal Module downloading Prestashop version 5.3.1 from the website.

I will try this myself and let you know.

Finally, I had the button "Check out with PayPal" on former versions as well.

We keep in touch

BR

• Like 1

Hi everyone,

You can follow the bug on the forge following this link :

http://forge.prestas...owse/PSCFV-8701

As well, you may get the former version (3.4.7) of PayPal Module downloading Prestashop version 5.3.1 from the website.

I will try this myself and let you know.

Finally, I had the button "Check out with PayPal" on former versions as well.

We keep in touch

BR

Thanks for post it... I will follow the issue too... I will try to get the module 3.4.7 from a previouse backup of PS... I will try it this afternoon, I hope it helps!

regards,

• Like 1

Hi,

I couldn't find a 3.4.7 version so I've tried with a 3.4.1 paypal module from a backup of our site and the error dissapeared so I recommend to roll back and instal a previouse paypalmodule version.

If somebody could post a 3.4.7 version here I would be very greatful!

Hi everybody,

Thanks a lot to all of you. I've downgraded the paypal module in order to use Ajax in the cart module and it's fine again.

Gr.

Hi MCA,

Nice that it could have helped you.

Feel free to share all experience you may have.

BR

Thierry

• Like 1

after uploading this older paypal my site told me it was 3.4.6 version. Anyway i have re upgraded the paypal to the latest again after this and this time it seems better. I also upgraded my theme (not sure if that helped as i am not sure if the theme was already upgraded). Any way so far so good. One thing i noticed is that the auto update for the paypal module after the fitst click still showed the update it button after the first update, so i updated it again the first time. the 2nd time i updated it i ckicked it and it still showed "update it" next to the paypal module, hoiwever when i refreshed the page the module was already shown to be updated. Any way, I know the module works as i already updated another site with the latest paypal and it worked fine.

The reason i updated the module to the latest is i started getting some paypal errors with the 3.4.6 version with non matching states post codes etc Hopefully this will be ok now on the 3.4.8 paypal module now. Will let you know if there are any more ajax issues with the paypal module, after this 2nd upgrade.

Edited by jimmyc (see edit history)

I've come across this. It happens because the module is rewriting the base_url to be always SSL'd if you have ssl enabled. To solve it, i simply removed the base_uri assignment, I believe it was in hookheader...but i might be wrong. it's in a hook anyway :)

• Like 1

Thanks a lot for your help Nemo. Before going in and removing base_uri assignment from paypal.php like you said, I decided to look at the 3.4.8 module listed on the Prestahop addon page, just out of curiosity. It still has it listed as 3.4.8, however it now has an updated date of 4/20/13, so I figured I'd give it a try. After uploading the latest module I am no longer getting the error, so it looks like they fixed it.

The module you attached is showing up as 3.4.5 for me. Should it be 3.4.7?

Hi sscardefield,

Actually it is 3.4.7. I have reinstalled it on my website and it is actually 3.4.7.

Maybe the downgrade operation did not work well on your BO.

Please let me know.

BR

Thierry

Hi everybody,

Yesterday I upgraded to paypal 3.4.9 and that particular problem with ajax function in cart seems to be solved in this version. Hope no other problems will rise. I will let you know if it is the case. Greetings.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Hello I have a problem with prestashop 1.5.6.1 Paypal module gives me the following error : 

1. PayPal response:
  2. TIMESTAMP -> 2014-01-03T20:22:30Z
  3. L_ERRORCODE0 -> 10002
  4. L_SHORTMESSAGE0 -> Authentication/Authorization Failed
  5. L_LONGMESSAGE0 -> You do not have permissions to make this API call
  6. L_SEVERITYCODE0 -> Error                       

Thanks in advance 

Hello I have a problem with prestashop 1.5.6.1 Paypal module gives me the following error : 

1. PayPal response:
  2. TIMESTAMP -> 2014-01-03T20:22:30Z
  3. L_ERRORCODE0 -> 10002
  4. L_SHORTMESSAGE0 -> Authentication/Authorization Failed
  5. L_LONGMESSAGE0 -> You do not have permissions to make this API call
  6. L_SEVERITYCODE0 -> Error                       

Thanks in advance 

PayPal version and PrestaShop version? Could you tell us that please.