Vouchers won't work after upgrading to prestashop 1.4

Hi,

I am trying to create a voucher but event though I have it correctly defined I am unable to add the voucher to the order at checkout.
I type in the voucher code, click on ADD and nothing actually happens. Anyone had the same issue?

This was working perfectly from 1.3.1 and also works on my home server.

The production server gives the following error:

[26-Mar-2011 17:27:13] PHP Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/zoveress/public_html/megaperfumeshop.com/classes/MySQL.php on line 167

Anyone has an idea how to debug this? The database fields are identical

Regards
Z.

I just tried on 1.4 final release (1.4.17)
The voucher works fine. I defined one "Testvoucher001" for 5% discount, applies to category and all customer.
I also choose to show it on shopping cart. Everything seems fine.

You can take a look at here (try the code: Testvoucher001)
http://expresscheckout.dyndns.org:8080/shop1417/

Please check if your settings is done correctly.

I just tried on 1.4 final release (1.4.17)
The voucher works fine. I defined one "Testvoucher001" for 5% discount, applies to category and all customer.
I also choose to show it on shopping cart. Everything seems fine.

You can take a look at here (try the code: Testvoucher001)
http://expresscheckout.dyndns.org:8080/shop1417/

Please check if your settings is done correctly.

I wanted to try it but it also seems to not working, or maybe your voucher code is expired?

Hi I have tried to upgrade one of my other websites today. Exactly the same issue with the vouchers. The error log says:

[Fri Apr 08 14:08:07 2011] [error] [client 188.141.50.204] PHP Warning: mysql_query(): You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ')\n\t\tAND p.`id_product` IN (\n\t\t\tSELECT cp.`id_product`\n\t\t\tFROM `ps_category_group' at line 5 in /var/www/adultsextoys360.co.uk1.4/classes/MySQL.php on line 97, referer: http://www.buddybuilderz.org/adultsextoys360.co.uk1.4/order.php
[Fri Apr 08 14:08:07 2011] [error] [client 188.141.50.204] PHP Warning: Unknown: 1 result set(s) not freed. Use mysql_free_result to free result sets which were requested using mysql_query() in Unknown on line 0, referer: http://www.buddybuilderz.org/adultsextoys360.co.uk1.4/order.php

So this time it is not even working in test

Anyone?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Did anybody find a solution to this? I'm working with PS 1.4.2.5 and I've got the same problem. No matter if I'm using a valid or an invalid voucher code, nothing happens - no confirmation, no error message, nothing. Just a reload of the same page...

I already tried copying the <form>....</form> section from the original prestashop theme shopping_cart.tpl, because I'm using another template, but this didn't change anything either...

There must be a solution to this - anybody know it?

Sassenach

Hi,

The problem for me was that the voucher wasn't cumulative with other reductions + the order page didn't show any errors. Try changing the one page checkout to the standard
one it might throw an error message. The one page checkout wasn't throwing an error for me so I couldn't actually see what was going on.

Cheers
Z.

Hi zoveress, thanks for your quick reply.

You're right, but it was the other way around: in the one page checkout the error messages are showing. Problem is: I don't want the one page checkout :-).

And obviously it's not only that the error messages are not showingn in standard checkout, valid vouchers are not accepted / displayed either. ...

Sassenach

Ok, seems like I got it. I replaced the OrderOpcController.php (like ysco proposed in the other thread to this subject) by the same file from the current 1.4.3.0. I just hope it's not messing anything else up because of some incompatibilities, but I'll just have to check that thouroughly.

Thanks for your input!
Sassenach

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, seems like I got it. I replaced the OrderOpcController.php (like ysco proposed in the other thread to this subject) by the same file from the current 1.4.3.0. I just hope it's not messing anything else up because of some incompatibilities, but I'll just have to check that thouroughly. <br/><br/>Thanks for your input! <br/>Sassenach

I cannot find the other thread to which you refer.

Could you please paste the link or the solution here?

Thanks in advance.

• 11 months later...