So I purchased the GDPR module which the blurb said is easy to install and makes your shop GDPR compliant. Within the £80+ fee is 3 months of free support (so the blurb says). The module was downloaded onto my Desktop - what now? 

I sent off a request to understand what I need to do, (I have 3 months support right?). The instructions do not include how to install the module WHY? Within 2 hours of posting an urgent request for help I received an email advising me to go to modules and select the new module and click install. NO!!!!!!!

What happened next? I followed the instructions and it didn't work. Not only that but I now get an error message when clicking the Module Tab in back office as below..

[PrestaShop] Fatal error in module file :/home/ebvdlnez/public_html/modules/psgdpr/psgdpr.php:
syntax error, unexpected T_OBJECT_OPERATOR 

So once more I sent a request off for help, that was yesterday, even allowing for any time discrepancy around the world, I should by now have received a response right? NO!

I sent three emails and had not response to any. I have also been on the Prestashop FB page and requested Help - NOTHING!!!!!

Is it me or is it just really, very poor customer service? I'm now struggling with a module that doesn't work, I cannot get support, my shop is corrupted and it's cost me £80+

Who's the fool here?

HOW DO I GET ANY FORM OF SUPPORT FROM PRESTASHOP DEVELOPERS???????? 

Hi @Plain Me

Sorry to hear about your issues and I understand how you feel and will not defend PrestaShop support.

But you must consider that they may have 100s request like yours maybe and it takes time. One advise I can give you 

is to not write them often, you said you sent 3 emails but by doing so you pushed your problem to back of the line.

Not about error message, one option is to rename/delete module folder psgdpr , error should be gone and you should access 

modules page. Also you could try to enable debug mode 

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/224525-how-to-turn-on-error-reporting-for-debug-information/

and see more info about error, maybe line of code where it happens.

I assume you are on 1.6 version of PrestaShop but what is your PHP version ? You can find that info in

Advanced Parameters > Configuration Information .

Also check if module maybe got an update it that is known bug.

22 hours ago, razaro said:

Hi @Plain Me

Sorry to hear about your issues and I understand how you feel and will not defend PrestaShop support.

But you must consider that they may have 100s request like yours maybe and it takes time. One advise I can give you 

is to not write them often, you said you sent 3 emails but by doing so you pushed your problem to back of the line.

Not about error message, one option is to rename/delete module folder psgdpr , error should be gone and you should access 

modules page. Also you could try to enable debug mode 

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/224525-how-to-turn-on-error-reporting-for-debug-information/

and see more info about error, maybe line of code where it happens.

I assume you are on 1.6 version of PrestaShop but what is your PHP version ? You can find that info in

Advanced Parameters > Configuration Information .

Also check if module maybe got an update it that is known bug.

To be fair, support here is not the problem. 
The problem is that Prestashop has to put a paid module (which barely works, apparently) behind a 70 bucks paywall instead of releasing it for free like in the 1.7 version.

This is, quite frankly, quite scummy on their part.

OK - I've supplied login details to someone from support (16th May) still no response. The problem I had where my installation was corrupted I have resolved by restoring a backup previous to the date I tried to install this GDPR module that doesn't work. I still have the problem of a GDPR zip file sat on my desktop for which I paid £80 plus, which still does not work and unable to get the supposed free 3 months support from the developer (what a rip-off!!). I have lost all confidence in Prestashop, the support, the addons et al. Oh and I have included the screen shot you requested. I paid for the module through PayPal, so if I don't get this up and running before the 25th May then I will report the Prestashop team to PayPal for supplying something which does not meet up to its description and demand my money back.

Config_Info.JPG

23 hours ago, Plain Me said:

OK - I've supplied login details to someone from support (16th May) still no response. The problem I had where my installation was corrupted I have resolved by restoring a backup previous to the date I tried to install this GDPR module that doesn't work. I still have the problem of a GDPR zip file sat on my desktop for which I paid £80 plus, which still does not work and unable to get the supposed free 3 months support from the developer (what a rip-off!!). I have lost all confidence in Prestashop, the support, the addons et al. Oh and I have included the screen shot you requested. I paid for the module through PayPal, so if I don't get this up and running before the 25th May then I will report the Prestashop team to PayPal for supplying something which does not meet up to its description and demand my money back.

Simply ask to refund. There is no PHP compatibility shown on the page and PS 1.6 versions supports PHP 5.2 or later.