When will prestashop 1.7.1 be release?

demry12

Hi there,

I am trying to upgrade my prestashop to 1.7, but the  theme provider told me to wait for prestashop 1.7.1 because 1.7 has a lot of bug, and I already waiting for one month and above.

Can anyone reply me about this?

Thank you

It is correct only if fantasy land... Because to tell you the truth, 1.7 is not ready for production and is not gonna be .. for a while, in fact it is a transitional release : you have to understand this is an experiment only. So if you want to open a webdev laboratory go for 1.7 testing, that could be a nice hobby, otherwise if you actually want to SELL things on a working platform, go for 1.6 last stable release it is a 100x better solution for a real online shop.

Now that you know it's on your own to make your choice : 1.7 pre Beta experimentation adventure style or just a solution that works. 

You can read the forum to understand better why the situation is like that for 1.7 branch and you might also discover an exciting fork of the 1.6 version which is coming soon on stable release.

1.7.1.0:
  • Should be released in March 2017.
  • Main projects:
    • General stability and feature improvement.
    • 1.6-to-1.7 upgrader.
    • Improved translation scope.

So they say it will contain upater but we will see. Also do not it is their estimate.

How usable and stable it will be, we will see. Should be much better. 

But before you buy theme do test is out. Prepare catalog, and check important modules you use,

have 1.7 updates are availalbe. 

And 1.6 is stabele and mature now, I am sure you can right theme. You do not have to update to 1.7 

because it latest version. When it gets stable enough it will be better then 1.6 but it needs time.

• Like 1

Hi there,

I am trying to upgrade my prestashop to 1.7, but the  theme provider told me to wait for prestashop 1.7.1 because 1.7 has a lot of bug, and I already waiting for one month and above.

Can anyone reply me about this?

Thank you

Ask yourself, is there a particular reason you are rushing into PS v1.7?  What feature or option or benefit do you believe you are going to receive from using PS v1.7, as opposed to PS v1.6?

• 4 weeks later...

According to the release schedule, it should be released later this month.

3528ptc8.gif

This was a good one.. you make my day ! :lol:

But what do you really mean when you stay STABLE ? something like this ?

3-2-decaymodes.019.gif

or This ?

pend-unstable.gif

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...

So they say it will contain upater but we will see. Also do not it is their estimate.

How usable and stable it will be, we will see. Should be much better. 

But before you buy theme do test is out. Prepare catalog, and check important modules you use,

have 1.7 updates are availalbe. 

And 1.6 is stabele and mature now, I am sure you can right theme. You do not have to update to 1.7 

because it latest version. When it gets stable enough it will be better then 1.6 but it needs time.

Hi There,

almost end of the month now,  still not release?

Thank you

what kinf of magic are you waiting for ?

there will be a next release coming soon.. but it will be the same as all previous 1.7, it is not designed and thinked to be used on production site.. this is just an experiment, a transition between majors versions, so wait until 1.8 is out in a few years then it might be usable on symphony 4 ^^.. ho but.. that means all the work on 1.7 will not be usable because symphony 3 is already breaking compatibility with 2.x versions :P

Hi There,

almost end of the month now,  still not release?

Thank you

If you are asking the Prestashop Team, you will have to do like us : not having hope anymore about this.. the forum is just an empty space with sometimes some topics deleted when the censorship feels the need to.. otherwise there has not been any official posts since a very long time here !

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

Hello everyone,
We've planned to release the 1.7.1 in March. I can't confirm that it will 100% be the case but this is our objective.

I'd like to add that the PayPal module for the 1.7 should be ready soon too. :)

Edit: If the 1.7.1 isn't released in March, it will be early April.

Edited by Antoine F
Added information. (see edit history)

PrestaShop is holding a webinar on March 30 for PrestaShop Ambassadors to learn about PrestaShop v1.7.1.0, so I guess it will be released at the end of this month or early April.

Hello everyone,

We've planned to release the 1.7.1 in March. I can't confirm that it will 100% be the case but this is our objective.

I'd like to add that the PayPal module for the 1.7 should be ready soon too. :)

Edit: If the 1.7.1 isn't released in March, it will be early April.

Thank you very much for your reply, I am looking forward for the release of 1.7.1!

• Like 1

Thank you very much for your reply, I am looking forward for the release of 1.7.1!

what for ??

For me i am waiting for a STABLE version... but I'll have to be patient, maybe 1.8 or 2.0 will do in a couple years.

• 1 month later...

Hi, I just upgraded my site from 1.6 to 1.7.1 and occur a problem with uploading image.

It appeared: Server responded with 500 code, Can any one help me to resolve this problem?

Please image: https://www.screencast.com/t/f4Lsi7aGACnh

You did not upgrade your production website, it is just for testing, right ??

solution : downgrade with your last backup or keep on testing 1.7, and don't forget to post on the forge all your problems.. maybe someone in  the team may fix it one day !