Error about country_module_list.xml file in back office

preoteasa

Hello,

In the back office of Prestashop 1.6.1.6 I get the following error:

28 errors 

1. Error found : error parsing attribute name in country_module_list.xml file.
  2. Error found : attributes construct error in country_module_list.xml file.
  3. Error found : Couldn't find end of Start Tag contact line 139 in country_module_list.xml file.
  4. Error found : xmlParseEntityRef: no name in country_module_list.xml file.
  5. Error found : Entity 'nbsp' not defined in country_module_list.xml file.
  6. Error found : Specification mandate value for attribute itemscope in country_module_list.xml file.
  7. Error found : Couldn't find end of Start Tag div line 497 in country_module_list.xml file.
  8. Error found : Couldn't find end of Start Tag div line 503 in country_module_list.xml file.
  9. Error found : Opening and ending tag mismatch: li line 496 and div in country_module_list.xml file.
  10. Error found : Opening and ending tag mismatch: ul line 492 and div in country_module_list.xml file.
  11. Error found : Opening and ending tag mismatch: div line 487 and li in country_module_list.xml file.
  12. Error found : Couldn't find end of Start Tag div line 554 in country_module_list.xml file.
  13. Error found : Couldn't find end of Start Tag div line 560 in country_module_list.xml file.
  14. Error found : Opening and ending tag mismatch: li line 553 and div in country_module_list.xml file.
  15. Error found : Opening and ending tag mismatch: div line 480 and li in country_module_list.xml file.
  16. Error found : Couldn't find end of Start Tag div line 611 in country_module_list.xml file.
  17. Error found : Couldn't find end of Start Tag div line 617 in country_module_list.xml file.
  18. Error found : Opening and ending tag mismatch: li line 610 and div in country_module_list.xml file.
  19. Error found : Opening and ending tag mismatch: div line 434 and li in country_module_list.xml file.
  20. Error found : Couldn't find end of Start Tag div line 671 in country_module_list.xml file.
  21. Error found : Couldn't find end of Start Tag div line 677 in country_module_list.xml file.
  22. Error found : Opening and ending tag mismatch: li line 670 and div in country_module_list.xml file.
  23. Error found : Opening and ending tag mismatch: body line 244 and li in country_module_list.xml file.
  24. Error found : Couldn't find end of Start Tag div line 740 in country_module_list.xml file.
  25. Error found : Couldn't find end of Start Tag div line 746 in country_module_list.xml file.
  26. Error found : Opening and ending tag mismatch: li line 739 and div in country_module_list.xml file.
  27. Error found : Opening and ending tag mismatch: html line 6 and div in country_module_list.xml file.
  28. Error found : Extra content at the end of the document in country_module_list.xml file.

The problem is that I cannot even find the file country_module_list.xml.  Any help would be appreciated.

by the way, the file location is defined in /classes/module/Module.php

const CACHE_FILE_MUST_HAVE_MODULES_LIST = '/config/xml/must_have_modules_list.xml';

I think this file will be created and maintained by PrestaShop back office admin page, so please make sure the folder is writable (permission 755).
Edited by shokinro (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

[sOLVED] Topic
If, after posting a topic, you find a solution to your problem, please indicate it in your post and describe the solution.
Furthermore if you are the author of the topic for which a solution has been found, please edit your topic title to mark it as [sOLVED].

It's mentioned in Forum rules Best Practices.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I encountered the same problem in one shop of my customers  today 

in this case it was enough to clear cache (adv. parameters> performance)

while we clear cache - prestashop rebuilds these .xml files

This option saved me.

Thank you.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

I have the problem that admin panel doesn't even open when trying. I opened a ticket with my host's support and they send me on this topic. I followed these steps but nothing changed: renamed (to not delete) the .xml file and checked permission to the folders.

What else could happend?

• 2 weeks later...

Cleaning cache is not an option if access to backend is not possible. The way to go is renaming or deleting default_country_modules_list.xml as I did. It worked and I can now access backend succesfully.

Cheers, thank you guys

Have a great day