Proper PrestaShop upgrade SOP

mudshark

Sorry for such a newbie question but "How do I upgrade my PrestaShop"?

I saw that there was a security issue that requires an upgrade but do not know how to do a proper upgrade of PrestaShop.

I searched for UPGRADE here in the forums and was surprised to find nothing! 

I looked in the dashboard and under admin, etc nothing.  I cannot find an UPGRADE link in prestashop either.

Do I download and reinstall as if a new install over my current build 1.6.0.9? 

How do I not lose my products and configuration then?

Thanks!

RG

I added the "1 click upgrade" module. It also fails to work, fails with the message:

You come from the future! You are using a more recent version than the latest available!

Your current PrestaShop version 1.6.0.9

Further, now when I try the "1 click upgrade" (under Advanced Parameters) I now get the same screen and error as I see if I try to u/g from the module (above).

It looks like I'll have to do a manual upgrade unless someone has any other ideas!

Thx all

RG

Do you have the same issues if you access the auto upgrade from the configure link on the modules page?

What type of server hosting plan do you have?  Is there some kind of server side caching being used (like opcache or memcache?). 

Clearly you are having issues, and I suspect it is your hosting environment that is getting in the way.  If you are having this many issues with the auto upgrade module, I don't imagine doing the manual install is going to be a wise decision.

Do you have the same issues if you access the auto upgrade from the configure link on the modules page?

What type of server hosting plan do you have?  Is there some kind of server side caching being used (like opcache or memcache?). 

Clearly you are having issues, and I suspect it is your hosting environment that is getting in the way.  If you are having this many issues with the auto upgrade module, I don't imagine doing the manual install is going to be a wise decision.

Does not matter what path I try to use to do the U/G, failure is the result.  From the 1 click upgrade Module > Configure it says my version is NEWER than the current (tells me I'm from the future!).  Also, now that the 1-click upgrade module is installed if I go to Advanced Parameters > 1 click upgrade I see the same module interface with the same results. 

Before installing that module I got a different error (Controller not found).

I /was/ using CloudFlare caching. Am no longer, but getting the same errors.

Your point about the manual upgrade is a very good one!

I am in the middle right now of transferring registrar and DNS to all in-house, which should be done in a few days, tops.  Will try again then.

If THAT fails also then it looks like I may be paying PrestaShop to do it!!!

Deep thanks to all you folks.  I'll keep you posted!