Presta Cloud store gone?

jungundedel

Question

13 answers to this question

Looks like that last year's awesome innovation, the free PrestaShop cloud, has meanwhile evaporated to marketing fluff and is going to be terminated in all quietness.
Flop? Too work-intensive? Misallocation of time, money and resources? We may never know!

Whatever ... Goodbye cloud, hello 1&1! ;)

The community should be notified if prestashop cloud is terminated as service. I am telling clients they could try prestashop in the cloud and it's not there anymore.

Btw the prestashop site says minimum requirement 64MB RAM. Everybody knows that you can't run a prestashop with 64MB RAM successfully. Now, tell a client that the prestashop website is wrong ... this number should be updated and raised to 256MB for a realistic number.

PrestaShop Launches on Microsoft Azure

This is an alternate not only to PrestaCloud but also for those that want more control over their shop.  PrestaCloud is excellent idea but can be somewhat restrictive to reduce chances of breaking the shop.

Here is Azure link:

https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/marketplace/partners/prestashop/prestashop16-lamp/

re. 64mb ps, that is very possible...I love how PrestaShop wrote for the 'masses', it has best performance of any full ecommerce cms on the planet. 

Happy day, el

Edited by El Patron (see edit history)

Btw the prestashop site says minimum requirement 64MB RAM. Everybody knows that you can't run a prestashop with 64MB RAM successfully. Now, tell a client that the prestashop website is wrong ... this number should be updated and raised to 256MB for a realistic number.

Indeed this is not a Prestashop Cloud problem, but I'm trying this since 3 years without any success. They insist to not rework their docu on this.

On the other side another moderator has some customers bigger shops configured with 128M and their shops are working. I don't know how exactly he solved this, but you can manage this by raising cache to high level setting (32GB for ex.) and work with low memory_limit (64M) on servers too. Perhaps Prestashop experience with 64M is based on similar server settings ? For me not really a good choice, but it seems to work.

• Like 2

PrestaShop Launches on Microsoft Azure

This is an alternate not only to PrestaCloud but also for those that want more control over their shop.  PrestaCloud is excellent idea but can be somewhat restrictive to reduce chances of breaking the shop.

Here is Azure link:

https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/marketplace/partners/prestashop/prestashop16-lamp/

re. 64mb ps, that is very possible...I love how PrestaShop wrote for the 'masses', it has best performance of any full ecommerce cms on the planet. 

Happy day, el

Sorry Fred, but who likes to work with microsoft ?? I'm one of the users that abandonned the gagging by micro-botch