AddOns full of bugs

Johnbkk

Made the unfortunate error to choose Prestashop to create my online store. A gift-card system is important to us and I purchased the Prestashop module for Gift cards. Boy, what a nightmare, it never worked correctly, pictures do not appear or at random, mostly there are ? instead of pictures even though the setting is as it should be. On the 6th of this month we put in another request to the developer though the Prestashop system. 3 Day's later I had a response asking for access codes to which we responded within minutes. Now, on the 15th of September - still no action from their site. A snotty Prestashop assistant remarked that they responded within 72 hours and that there was a weekend as well. I told this nerd that we are running a business and that we have already lost well over 1k $ because the giftcard system is not working. Then they tell you to pay $ 700.00 and you'll get 3 hours of assistance from Prestashop - this is a scam. I'm not asking for some help developing our site, I'm asking for a software that we PURCHASED works the way it should and not be full of bugs, THAT IS ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The problem is no the charge, I NEED a gift voucher module and this is the only one I can find. They are running a clear scam, selling faulty goods and then telling people to pay through the nose for them to fix it. If this is not a scam, i don't know what is, its like selling a car that only drives straight and saying well, if you want it to corner you have to pay us to fix the steering.

I will contact consumer organizations about this like the BBB in the US and others in the UK and Germany and file official complaints about Prestashop and their scam - lets see if enough bad publicity will make them wake up - as of today, not action or response from Prestashop the module is still not working properly. Those nerds will have to learn a lesson!

Hello,

If you want a gift card module that is working properly, I recommand you this one here (a bit hard to setup but many options available) :

http://awodev.com/products/prestashop/awocoupon

Anyway, it is always best NOT to buy on addons official website, as they are not able to advise you good and most of their modules are just not tested at all  :(

I always recommand to purchase modules on the developper site directly, for the quality of the product and the support given.

Best Regards.

I will try this one thank you very much

Just to show what scam artists Presta Shop people are, check out this link http://www.bestplugins.com/cms/prestashop-gift-certificate-modules.html  - there are 2 modules where it says FREE one is not available and when you click on the other they want $ 28 or so  - not much but I would not spend 1 cent on this - I hate scam artists

Has anyone got an address for PrestaShop???  the BBB wants to know their address and so does the German Consumer protection agency and the one in the UK - however, if they do not show one (I cannot find one) it is a violation of EU law by itself and will cause some real problems for them, time those boys learned a lesson of real life

Has anyone got an address for PrestaShop???  the BBB wants to know their address and so does the German Consumer protection agency and the one in the UK - however, if they do not show one (I cannot find one) it is a violation of EU law by itself and will cause some real problems for them, time those boys learned a lesson of real life

Look at the bottom of this page :)  -> Legal Notice

johnbbk, i understant your point of view.. but please also understand that the link you provide in your previous post, httpi://www.bestplugi...te-modules.html , as nothing to do with prestashop itself, scammers are everywhere on the internet and IRL.

And about  Prestashop SA address, you didn't spent much time looking for it.. here it is :>

https://www.prestashop.com/en/legal-notice

Best Regards

The problem is no the charge, I NEED a gift voucher module and this is the only one I can find. They are running a clear scam, selling faulty goods and then telling people to pay through the nose for them to fix it. If this is not a scam, i don't know what is, its like selling a car that only drives straight and saying well, if you want it to corner you have to pay us to fix the steering.

I will contact consumer organizations about this like the BBB in the US and others in the UK and Germany and file official complaints about Prestashop and their scam - lets see if enough bad publicity will make them wake up - as of today, not action or response from Prestashop the module is still not working properly. Those nerds will have to learn a lesson!

By purchasing this 'broken' module you are just enabling this 'scam'

You can always pay a developer to create one for you, or use one of the many others that people have found for you.  I realize you are likely frustrated and are venting, but now you have 5-6 different people doing work that you could have easily done.  (find giftcard modules, and locate an email address for you). 

Thanks guys, today I got a response from PrestaShop and here is my answer as he was asking why the credentials I gave him do not work;

They don't work because I removed them and installed a different gift voucher module which does work and is free. I will either do a credit card reclaim or ask for my money back on the original one I had purchased. I cannot wait 2 weeks for someone to start getting active if a module does not work. This also explains why you did not see any question marks instead of card pictures,

The free one does work fine, again, thanks for the assistance - and please understand, I do run a production with 15 people working as well besides doing the online shop so 18 hour days are not unusual and I just didn't find the time looking around more.