How to sell addon separately for 1.5.x and 1.6.x?

kybarg

Hi! How to sell same addon for different versions of PrestaShop?
I know there is ability to ask purshace of newer version of addon. Is it possible to sell addon with the same version but for different versions of PrestaShop and if one want plugin for Prestashop 1.5 and 1.6 so he must pay for two?

You can have different versions of your module uploaded on Addons and ready to sell depending on the buyer's version of PrestaShop. As easy as that :)

Are talking about having two different products, right? But it would be the same description etc.

OR:

Versions -  1.x - For PrestaShop 1.5

Versions - 2.x - for PrestaShop 1.6 (check "Major update" )

Is that right?

Cause i have customers who bought module (version 0.1.x) for PrestaShop 1.6 and i don`t want them to pay again.

Cause i have customers who bought module (version 0.1.x) for PrestaShop 1.6 and i don`t want them to pay again.

You customers can have minor updates for free, but they need to buy any module that is a major update to a module they already bought.

This depends if you are using 1 year and 2 year updates option, and if customers purchase one of those plans then they will receive all minor and major versions for that duration of time.

Customers that do not choose an update plan, they can only receive minor updates.  They will not be able to receive major updates.

So if you are using the update options, then in order for this to work properly, you must ensure that every file you upload is defined as minor.  Then your customers can download any version they wish to use, and you only need to have a single product