SagePay Go - out of date API

Dave Angel

Does anyone know what the current version the Prestahop Add-on module SagePayGo is running V2 or V3 of sage pay's API?

Version 2 of the API will no longer be supported by SagePay from the end of July 2015 and I have yet to receive any contact from Prestashop about a module upgrade to V3 of the API? Considering Prestashop are saying it was updated on the 16th April 2015 I would go as far to say it is an extremely disgraceful service from Prestashop.

Presto-Changeo updated their SagePay module to v3 compatible in November 2013!!! Which means the addon team have been charging for old technology for nearly two years...

Any help would be most appreciated.

Regards,

Rob

Hi Rob

Just asked question on addons chat answer was V3.

Note I do not use this module so not sure when it was running V2 or V3 .

Does module you have works? If you have issues with module contact addon team or community manager.

Razaro,

I have emailed add ons but no reply yet....

My SagePay account area says I am running v2 of their API and the PS module does currently work very well. However it will cease to work on 31st July when Sagely will not longer support their API v2.

I have checked for updates in my AddOns log in area and there is one so I will try and apply it to the store and see what happens. Update was applied 

Luckily I purchased the update option when I initially bought the module otherwise I would have paid nearly £250 for a module that could only be used for less than a year. Bit of a Rip Off! 

Regards,

Rob.

I'm interested to know the compatibility with v3 as well.

There must be a lot of sites using this module that will not be able to take payments in a few months if it's not compatible.

Xavier,

Thank you for your reply.

I can see that for PS1.5 & PS1.6 you have updated the module to v2.16 but and this is the part I want to know is your PS SagePay Go module API V3 for  PS1.3. & PS1.4?

I've got a nagging £500 (2 modules on PS1.3 in the last 12 months) feeling that it isn't and that the PS team can't be bothered to update it.

Kind regards,

Rob.

..edited v2.05 to v2.16

...PS1.3 is still at v1.2

Edited by Dave Angel (see edit history)

I can see that for PS1.5 & PS1.6 you have updated the module to v2.16 but and this is the part I want to know is your PS SagePay Go module API V3 for  PS1.3. & PS1.4?

Fair question. The module wasn't updated for PrestaShop 1.4 and below. By and large, those versions of PrestaShop are not supported anymore with updates as we continue building and improving version 1.6.

I realize that the Sage Pay Go module is still displayed on Addons as compatible from 1.2.5 to the latest version of PrestaShop, this is going to change if and when V2 of Sage Pay's API doesn't function anymore.

Xavier,

Thank you for looking into this for me.

It appears that you are saying that Prestshpp have been knowingly selling software for PS1.2 PS1.3 and PS1.4 up to May this year that it knows has less than 2 months use.

This is really atrocious service as Prestashop obviously knew that the old V2 SagePay API was no longer being supported. This is obvious because Prestashop have updated their own module for PS1.5 and PS1.6.

Despite having the knowledge that the old V2 API was due to expire Prestashop still continued to sell a £200+ module to owners of PS1.4 and below and as far as I can see are still selling it even though the V2 API is only going to be in use until the end of July 2015.

I hope you are going to issue refunds to anyone that has paid the £224.99 in the past 6 months as you are obviously mis-selling this product which is quite frankly illegal.

http://addons.prestashop.com/en/payments-gateways-prestashop-modules/1239-sage-pay-go.html

Regards,

Rob.

Our devs actually worked on extending the compatibility of the "new" module to PrestaShop 1.4 yesterday. It should be available next week and it might even be compatible with PrestaShop 1.3 and 1.2.

If it's not (that would be surprising), we'll stop selling the module to 1.2 and 1.3 users and get a refund to any of them who bought it recently. Of course, Rob. You're not giving us a lot of credit on this one ;)

Xavier,

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

If your developers/coders do manage to get it working on PS1.2, PS1.3 and PS1.4 that would be fantastic, otherwise I will have to get the Presto-Changeo SagePay module as it does work with PS1.3 and PS1.4.

Sorry for giving Prestashop a bashing on this but it really does need sorting out as some of the less web savvy will end up wondering why their module is no longer working. It is also very reassuring to hear that you would give refunds to certain customers too.

I have used Prestashop for a long time now and I do firmly believe it is one of the best e-commerce platforms available and hopefully it will continue to go from strength to strength.

Regards,

Rob.

• 2 months later...

Hi all,

We have a shop running the newest version of PSv1.6 and have recently upgraded the Sage Pay Go Module to the latest version so that it uses protocol 3.0. Since doing so however, users get redirected to a blank page on the shop website once they have paid on SagePay. The payment is taken on SagePay ok but the order does not appear in the Prestashop admin, I guess because they don't get to the order confirmation page back on the shop.

The odd thing is, we took a copy of the site, put it on a different server, upgraded the plugin, and everything works fine. We've tried to make sure the permissions are the same on both servers but we still have the problem on the live server. Anyone have any ideas? Are there any other server settings that could affect this?

Thanks

Ben

Hi all,

Since doing so however, users get redirected to a blank page on the shop website once they have paid on SagePay. The payment is taken on SagePay ok but the order does not appear in the Prestashop admin, I guess because they don't get to the order confirmation page back on the shop.

enable debug mode and try again.  you will see the error message instead of a blank white page.