1.6.0.11 - does it work?

Tomin

Brand new install and pile of bug!! totally unusable - period

Please 'try' to be constructive.  I understand this may be a bit difficult for you but as far as I'm concerned this type of post is borderline abuse and certainly non-productive.  If this is not possible then please keep to the French forum as they may be more tolerant of this sort of behavior, you know I am not.

• Like 7

Hi,

Just upgraded... we recently upgraded from 1.5 to 1.6 at the end of last year. Then they released this version today, so we figured we might as well update it again while we were still tweaking the site.

First, time the upgrade process (automatic) got stuck during the database process. Used a backup, and ran it again without any other changes and it was successful.

Everything seems to be working fine so far. Nothing major for us. But keep in mind we havent had a whole lot of time to test 1.6. Custom theme works, front office seems normal (or as before), backoffice is good... can't tell a major difference but everything seems to be fine. We had 1 minor issue with a third-party module... it was a slider but it saved our uploaded images into the "upload" folder. But for some reason any attempts to access the image would show an image of "?" We noticed the new version included a new .htaccess file in this folder. We removed it and it works again. FYI.

Set our site to live and browsing and ordering process is working too.

Obviously we will test further but so far so good.

• Like 3

There is some issues with breadcrumbs on category and product pages even on default theme - checked Opera, Chrome and Firefox

checked few 1.6.0.9 compatible themes on fresh installation - got some smarty errors and themes wasn't displayed. SO DON'T UPGRADE LIVE SHOP AND MAKE BACKUPS! Check you theme and custom compatibility local, offline or on subdomain just to avoid topics - my shop is gone, no backups, what to do now?

Edited by Tomin (see edit history)
  • Like 1

There is some issues with breadcrumbs on category and product pages even on default theme - checked Opera, Chrome and Firefox

checked few 1.6.0.9 compatible themes on fresh installation - got some smarty errors and themes wasn't displayed. SO DON'T UPGRADE LIVE SHOP AND MAKE BACKUPS! Check you theme and custom compatibility local, offline or on subdomain just to avoid topics - my shop is gone, no backups, what to do now?

Yes, always make backups. I always make backups of my img folder and database. I also have at least 1-2 other backups running on the server side too.

As for your issue, I'm not experiencing any of those issues. However, I am not using the default theme. But the theme I am using wasn't built specifically for 1.6.0.11... the last update was for 1.6.0.9.

However, everything works fine so far. When I first upgraded it defaulted to the default theme... my frontend loaded a blank page. But I cleared cache and it loaded fine; I did this for my custom theme as well. I also always try to run it in chrome in incognito mode to make sure it just the cache issue.

One other thing I noticed was that for my custom theme and modules some items weren't loading; no errors just not present. I digged through the settings and realized that for some reason the upgrade process disabled the override option under the Advance Parameters > Performance settings. I set it to NO and my custom overrides loaded fine.

HTH!

As for me, but after the upgrade I have problems viewing the modules.

I too upgraded from 1.6.0.8 to 1.6.0.11 now. Upgrade is successful thro 1 click. All 3rd party modules are disabled and now js also not working

so unable to get sub links from breadcrumps. What to do?

Try deleting all the cache and cookies.

I did fresh installation of PS 1.6.0.11 on localhost and have got 2 problems mentioned below.

1. The slider for "Price" range filter is missing in left column in Layered Navigation module (v2.0.6).

2. The "Add to compare" feature is not working for products on category pages.

Please reply if anyone has the solution.

Edited by roo10 (see edit history)
  • Like 2

I've successfully upgrade two stores to 1.6.0.11 from 1.5.4.1 and 1.6.0.9. My process is a little more involved though. I download the production versions of my sites to my local dev server. Perform the upgrade via the 1-Click module then I do a schema comparison against a fresh install of 1.6.0.11 using SQLYog to cleanup anything that the upgrade may have missed.

Aside from obvious template changes I haven't come across any site breaking bugs *yet*. A few minor bugs but that's to be expected with Prestashop being open source and all.

Edited by ringerce (see edit history)
  • Like 1

I haven't tested much yet, but it seems to be quite a good update. Our tax problems seem to be resolved and that is or hopefully was a big issue! 

I use my own theme and it didnt make a lot of problems. The update process is always a bit annoying since all my modules are deactivated and standard theme is being taken after update. Is there a possibility, that after an update all the modules are activated as before? Is it possible that an update doesnt change the used theme?

I only noticed one problem. My price slider is now more working. It doesn't show up. Does anybody have the same problem? Maybe its because of my theme, but no idea why this should be :S

In short: It's a good update. Not a lot new features, but a lot of fixes and that is at the moment the most important for Prestashop!

• Like 1

Hi,

Again, if you are having issues with third party modules make sure to check the "Debug" section under "Advanced Parameters" > "Performance"

Make sure that the "Disable overrides" is set to NO. This is becuase many third-party modules use overrides, but if this is enabled then PS will ignore all those overrides.

HTH!

I did fresh installation of PS 1.6.0.11 on localhost and have got 2 problems mentioned below.

1. The slider for "Price" range filter is missing in left column in Layered Navigation module (v2.0.6).

Can anyone please confirm if they are facing these 2 issues or not?

• Like 1

I seriously wonder why the values for rounding off the numbers are set so stupidly straight after the update. Does nobody think this sort of thing through? This is my 100th time I am very disappointed in the presta 'team'. (Sorry Vekia, you seem to be doing all the good work here)

Mine was not a fresh install but an upgrade from 1.6.0.9

But the slider in the layered navigation is gone here too.

I can add products to the compare thingy, that works here.

I seriously wonder why the values for rounding off the numbers are set so stupidly straight after the update. Does nobody think this sort of thing through? This is my 100th time I am very disappointed in the presta 'team'. (Sorry Vekia, you seem to be doing all the good work here)

Could you explain in more detail what you mean with the rounding? 

Could you explain in more detail what you mean with the rounding? 

When I upgraded and looked at the store all the amounts were without decimals, ie 5 in stead 5.95

Looking in the BO I saw the new settings and noticed that these didn't pick my old settings, but were set at the non decimal setting.

When I upgraded and looked at the store all the amounts were without decimals, ie 5 in stead 5.95

Looking in the BO I saw the new settings and noticed that these didn't pick my old settings, but were set at the non decimal setting.

Hm strange. I haven't had this problem. It was set by default to 2 decimals :S

Mine was not a fresh install but an upgrade from 1.6.0.9

But the slider in the layered navigation is gone here too.

I can add products to the compare thingy, that works here.

Same here. Upgraded from 1.6.0.9 to 1.6.0.11

No issues except missing prices navigation in block layered.

Other sections of BL are working fine.

ggggg.png

Edited by mathouse (see edit history)

I am still running 1.6.0.9 and the products-comparison (Add to Compare) is not working in 1.6.0.9 either.  I get a HTTP-500 Internal Server error.

The slider for "Price" range filter in the Layered Navigation module (v2.0.6) does work in 1.6.0.9

I am going to upgrade to 1.6.0.11 tonight and start testing.

I am still running 1.6.0.9 and the products-comparison (Add to Compare) is not working in 1.6.0.9 either.  I get a HTTP-500 Internal Server error.

The slider for "Price" range filter in the Layered Navigation module (v2.0.6) does work in 1.6.0.9

I am going to upgrade to 1.6.0.11 tonight and start testing.

After installing 1.6.0.11 and doing some limited testing, it seems the only issue I am encountering are the same 2 as roo10 indicated above.  Note that I already had a problem with the products-comparison feature in 1.6.0.9

Has anyone opened the forge report for above 2 problems?

If yes, please post the link.

Hi,

I've upgraded from 1.6.0.9 to 1.6.0.11. Now, if I I don't deactivate override and module not native there is an issue when I checkout a product (the issue arise in the fast check out from home list, but also from the detailed product page).

Print screen in attachment.

Don't now which is the module (I can't find any error on server log).

Now I've restored the 1.6.0.9.

Thank you in anticipation.

Luca

post-824541-0-24697200-1420966275_thumb.png

I reported the problem with the pricefilter some days ago: http://forge.prestashop.com/browse/PSCSX-4265?jql=project%20%3D%20PSCSX

The product comparision works fine for me an all my installations... What is not working for you there?

I did clean installation of PS 1.6.0.11 twice on localhost and both times, I faced those 2 problems.

Regarding the product compare, nothing (no activity) happens after clicking on "Add to compare".

It was working fine for me on PS 1.6.0.9.

Edited by roo10 (see edit history)

I did clean installation of PS 1.6.0.11 twice on localhost and both times, I faced those 2 problems.

Regarding the product compare, nothing (no activity) happens after clicking on "Add to compare".

Can you please give me a link of your clean installation of 1.6.0.11? I believe its working, but they user design is not so clever done...

Further clarification regarding the Product Comparison function:  I tried it in IE and Chrome.  I get a HTTP 500 error in IE and a blank screen in Chrome.

Fresh install in 3 languages no problems with it. For upgraded shops, please see here my experiences. I've also upgrade not only the test/default shops, but 2 live shops in German without any problems. Only the one in Portuguese language default shop is making troubles. Well as it is only a demo I will install it for new, cause all what I changed is not changing that the shop is buggy.

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/393769-1611-no-module-titles-anymore-and-no-text-in-module/?do=findComment&comment=1922674

Further clarification regarding the Product Comparison function:  I tried it in IE and Chrome.  I get a HTTP 500 error in IE and a blank screen in Chrome.

Did you activated debug modus ?

500 errors are server errors. You will find more information on the server logs, or by activating debug-modus and constructing the same problem again by verifying if there are some more informations about the error.

Here is the solution for Price scroller and comparison:

In file: classes/controller/Controller.php View

find:
$this->addCSS($ui_path['css'], null, false);

change it to:
$this->addCSS($ui_path['css'], 'all', false);

It seems to work fine.

Thank you.  That did fix the Price Scroll function.

Here is the solution for Price scroller and comparison:

In file: classes/controller/Controller.php View

find:
$this->addCSS($ui_path['css'], null, false);

change it to:
$this->addCSS($ui_path['css'], 'all', false);

It seems to work fine.

Works! 

Thank you so much for this fix!

As for me, but after the upgrade I have problems viewing the modules.

Same thing in my shop.

In my shop this issue is only in the SHOPPING FUNCTIONS and SOCIAL category.

Same with you?

I opened a topic concerning this 'bug' on this forum here --> http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/393769-1611-no-module-titles-anymore-and-no-text-in-module/

I upgraded from 1.6.9 to 1.6.11. Upgrade worked first time.

Got some issues now though...

• Not showing certain text in modules in BO (see post above)
  • (500) Internal Server Error when payment provider tries to contact notifyURL when payment is accepted
  • Prestashop as a whole seems alot slower
  • Loading of BO menu is slow

Thanks for the work on the latest version.

I upgraded from 1.6.9 to 1.6.11 and mostly good.

Tabs

BO left column tabs weren't working when I first logged in, but started working once I refreshed a few pages.

MultiStore

Multistore was turned off and wasn't being used, but for some reason, the test multistore sites I created some time ago were showing up after upgrade. They had suddenly become active even with Multistore off in the BO. I had to switch MultiStore on and then delete the test multistores and the turn Multistore off again. This could have been an issue carried on from a prior update and only noticed now...(I only found the issue because google had indexed an unusual URL)

Geolocation

Geolocation seems to be faulty, but I am trying to trouble shoot that and determine if this is an upgrade issue. (was working prior to the upgrade.)

Cheers

Louis

I'm having problems when adding new products.

Products are showing, but after saving the add to cart button disappears and no price or stock is showing.

Anyone else with this problem?

Assisting products are still showing good and with add to cart button, but once change or save again. Also the same stuff happens

Cleared cache, turned on of catalog mode etc, but no results

Edited by Crazyweb (see edit history)

For me, it's not worthy. Some 3rd. party modules stopped working once the upgrade was done.

IMHO, wait just a couple of weeks for the 1.6.0.12 version.

The problem with that approach is that you will never update. 1.6.0.12 may well fix some bugs but will inevitably introduce some more bugs. Such is the nature of complex software development

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

Have found new issue.

When creating (and may be editting) a category, there is some bug in seo (tags) section of the ategory.

If you will type more symbols than acceptable, then you will not be able to save this category. The secrren just reloads and nothing changes. And NO ERROR MESSAGE appears.

Experimented with this issue, when all fields are OK, then the category is saved.

Can anyone confirm or assist?

Edited by Tanatus (see edit history)

Same problem here for the price slider, solved thanks to Tanatus.

The solution 

New Issue for me:

With "Layered navigation block", can't filter for Properties. (Product Features/Properties of demo data of Prestashop)

Prestashop hangs on "Loading ... "

All the other filters are working.

I'm using a fresh prestashop install with data example. (the fashion shop)

Any solution?

Thanks.

Edited by Erik De Martiis (see edit history)

New Issue for me:

With "Layered navigation block", can't filter for Properties. (Product Features/Properties of demo data of Prestashop)

Prestashop hangs on "Loading ... "

All the other filters are working.

I'm using a fresh prestashop install with data example. (the fashion shop)

Any solution?

Thanks.

SOLVED

The problem was an accented "à"

In Italian, "Properties" is "Proprietà", the problem is the "à".

So, be careful. This thing can happen for all languages that use accented (and for al filters in the Layered navigation block).

Regards

Erik