en Jump to content
  • 0
stijnmenkehorst

1.6.11 -> No Module titles anymore and no text in module

Question

20 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

wow

that's strange, at least strange ;)

case defintely needs an inspection

 

go to adv preferences > performance

turn on option:

disable non PrestaShop modules.

 

after that check lists of your modules and let me know what's going on then (any changes?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

I'm having also troubles on one upgraded shop. Have 3 default/test shops installed in different languages: Englisch, German and Portuguese. English and German Shop had no problems on upgrade.

The Portuguese one has several problems on back-office: cannot use search bar on modules = is dead.

AL SHOPS HAVE NO EXTRAS INSTALLED, THEY ARE DEFAULT.

 

Cannot open any tab on products = dead.

On product description (tynymce disappeared).

Cannot use rollback = is dead.

Dashboard does not load.

List of changed files does not load.

 

Shop was upgraded with SUCCESSFULLY quit.

 

 

What I tried:

 

Changed php-version from 5.4.36 to 5.5.20

Disabled all CCC options

Disabled/enabled apache multiviews and mod_security

Verified all CHMOD. Are the same as on the other two shops upgraded successfully.

Cleared all cache options (smarty, browser) and tried several browsers.

 

 

As I'm having also problems with caching and JS for PS 1.6.0.9, I disabled xcache and now running better with opcodecache. BUT also this does not resolve the problems of the Portuguese upgraded shop.

 

memory_limit 1024, max_input and max_execution 1000

 

Seems that on this shop, or is a problem of the language package on upgrade the 1-click, the upgrade failled. Added also problem on bugtracker.

Edited by selectshop.at

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

wow

that's strange, at least strange ;)

case defintely needs an inspection

 

go to adv preferences > performance

turn on option:

disable non PrestaShop modules.

 

after that check lists of your modules and let me know what's going on then (any changes?)

 

Nope, no changes :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

i thought that it's a case of some non default addon, but as we see - it's not.

in this case it's necessary to inspect several things.

first: overrides, check if your shop uses some overrides - if so, try to disable them in the same way as you disabled modules 

second: if there is no problem with overrides, if i were you, i will try to replace classes and controllers in shop with original  classes and controllers from official package

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

the clear cache would have cleared the module xml files in cache/xml

 

thus it would have rebuilt them next visit

 

please check permissions, cache/xml folder (typically best at 755) and the *.xml files (typically best at 644).

 

I can not recreate issue so it makes it a bit difficult....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

i've got it, i think

 

remove xml files from directory: config/xml/

don't worry, prestashop will download these files automatically

but before delete  it's worth to backup these files

 

after that everything should start work normall

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

i've got it, i think

 

remove xml files from directory: config/xml/

don't worry, prestashop will download these files automatically

but before delete  it's worth to backup these files

 

after that everything should start work normall

 

Sorry, but it does not work :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Unfortunately no errors when setting debugging to TRUE :(

 

Gonna replace all files now with the 1.6.11 package files. See what that does.

 

You people got some more suggestions? Love the help! Thank you so much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

hmm... investigated it a little more and I noticed something.

 

The modules names are only missing in 2 module categories:

 

  • Social Networks
  • Shopping Functions (and then only the added modules, not the ones that came with the package)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

 

hmm... investigated it a little more and I noticed something.

 

The modules names are only missing in 2 module categories:

 

  • Social Networks
  • Shopping Functions (and then only the added modules, not the ones that came with the package)

 

 

well that's something. :)

 

how do those same modules look when you click 'all' modules?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

well that's something. :)

 

how do those same modules look when you click 'all' modules?

 

Still the same El Patron

It is a matter of the category the module belongs to, not a matter of which category is displayed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

 

I've got the same problem with contentBox ( http://contentbox.org/ ) using PS 1.6.0.11. I tried to apply the fix manually but my classes/Translate.php is a bit different from the old (deleted lines in red on github) :

$default_key = strtolower('<{'.$name.'}prestashop>'.$source).'_'.$key;

			if (isset($_MODULES[$current_key]))
				$ret = stripslashes($_MODULES[$current_key]);
			elseif (isset($_MODULES[$default_key]))
				$ret = stripslashes($_MODULES[$default_key]);
			// if translation was not found in module, look for it in AdminController or Helpers
			elseif (!empty($_LANGADM))

I have less lines and some variables are not the same. Weird.

 

Thank you

Edited by makinero

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×

Important Information

Cookies ensure the smooth running of our services. Using these, you accept the use of cookies. Learn More